Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Geisladisk posted:

So I started a Eldrich, died over and over again while leveling, got frustrated, and made a Enchanter. So far so good - Killing mobs is absurdly easy with the damage shield and my freshly minted buffbot to heal. What I'm worried about is Enchanter's PvP viability though. I guess Eldriches nuke better, which, for me, looks better on paper than PBAE damage spells.

I remember that PBAE used to be pretty sick nasty back in the day, but it required a extremely coherent and good group to pull off in PvP.

Finally, can someone give me a primer on the new post-Atlantis classes and what the hell they do?

Heretics are spellcasters that use focus spells that quickly ramp up in damage or effectiveness as you maintain focus on the target. They also get good self-buffs and can spec into crush, flex, and shields if you want to melee.

Valkyries are kind of like thanes, but their damage abilities are pulsing cones that hit everything in a 90 degree arc in front of you. They can spec into swords, spears, and shields and they also get a rejuvenation line with an instant rez.

Warlocks are spellcasters with some weird gimmick that I don't know how it works because I've never played one. As I understand it they can and will push your poo poo in with a fuckton of instant, uninteruptable bolts and poo poo.

Vampiirs are hybrids that can cast spells in combat. They also aren't affected by buffs at all, but they gain stats at an increased rate to compensate. Very high on the cheese factor.

Bainshees are terrible. Don't roll one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Haha, I just read the hib class summary here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3464148&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=6#post400435123

quote:

A light tank and woefully underpowered melee class. Blademasters are known for dual-wielding weapons, but they hit like a wet noodle and are mainly useful for their Banelord abilities (if you choose that Master Level path). Blademasters are pretty rare because they do less damage than other melee classes and can't take as much damage as other tanks. You will most often see them face down in the dirt.

When I stopped playing this game 10 years ago BMs were considered pretty much the worst class in the game, and that is STILL the case.

Is this the longest a underpowered class has remained neglected in any game ever?

Migertantix
Jul 15, 2003

Geisladisk posted:

Haha, I just read the hib class summary here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3464148&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=6#post400435123

When I stopped playing this game 10 years ago BMs were considered pretty much the worst class in the game, and that is STILL the case.

Is this the longest a underpowered class has remained neglected in any game ever?
The silly floating sword doesn't help either.

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

Layonhands posted:

The silly floating sword doesn't help either.

Seriously, they need to buff them by letting them triple wield with *ahem* some other appendage.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Combo posted:

What might help is to put a note on each of your characters saying who they belong to.

/gc noteself Combo would give me a note next to my name in the guild window that just said Combo.

That said, I think I have all my alts noted (except my ranger I think) and I'm hoping people actually know who I am :v:

Could always list them here too I guess.

Adenosine
Adeno
Tkemper
Berglund

I think that's it.

Yeah, some FAG hasn't added me to the active character list in the OP. :colbert:

p.s. all my characters names are kazvall

The Baumer
Oct 22, 2008
I'm Becilhber, Tinygine, and Eiphos

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

Splahterhouse/haus/nater
Truxton
Ahkemsira

LoreOfSerpents
Dec 29, 2001

No.

Kazvall posted:

Yeah, some FAG hasn't added me to the active character list in the OP. :colbert:

p.s. all my characters names are kazvall
Okay fine. :colbert:

Updated the list of known players in the second post! If you aren't in this list and want to be, just speak up. Or if I don't have alts labeled properly, let me know.

quote:

Current players:
Hibernia
Adenosine, Eldritch (Alts: Adeno, Tkemper, Berglund)
Angrymother, Warden (Alts: Giledanen, Guiteau, Garyfromwork, Angry*, Loopthx)
Ardeal, Enchanter (Alts: Nostira)
Batwig, Enchanter
Becilhber, Ranger (Alts: Tinygine, Eiphos)
Combatcharles, Mentalist
CopperHound, Hero (Alts: Copper*, Punchmyownjunk)
Downsetboom, Enchanter
Fratbro, Ranger
Heavymetalharp, Bard
Jeahs, Eldritch (Alts: Grimeys, Dunlend)
Kazvall, Warden (Alts: Kaz*)
Madueb, Eldritch (Alts: Matabin, Olothean)
Raldruid, Druid (Alts: Ral*)
Schepps, Druid (Alts: Scoodles, Schnoodles, Snackers)
Splahterhouse, Champion (Alts: Splaht*, Ahkemsira, Truxton)
Squiggoth, Ranger (Alts: Squiggo*)
Steeeven, Nightshade
Timett, Champion
Waffleblockyn, Hero (Alts: Wafflewifyn, Caissaca)
Wafflebuffyn, Druid (Alts: Grrsnatch, Wafflestompyn, Wafflemezzyn, most Waffles)

Albion
Gnusong

e:

ggschmitty posted:

i'm schepps/scoodles/schnoodles/snackers but no one probably cares

fishhooked posted:

I'm playing a mentalist (30ish now). In as combatcharles

Updated!

LoreOfSerpents fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Mar 8, 2012

ggschmitty
Jan 26, 2006
calling all forest friends for a game of touch tail

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

ggschmitty posted:

I care. :a2m:

fishhooked
Nov 14, 2006
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]

Nap Ghost
I'm playing a mentalist (30ish now). In as combatcharles

ggschmitty
Jan 26, 2006

Kazvall posted:

I care. :a2m:

baby let's yiff

Squiggoth
Nov 14, 2003
Waaaagh. Really.
Here are some words I see / hear that I would like a basic definition/explanation of. Maybe we could start a glossary especially for those pesky abbreviations?

Glass - I assume it's valuable, but why? Where do you get it and how does it work with the economy?

CV - I think this is a BG? Or some sort of RvR focus area?

NF - No idea

Lab - I'm going to guess Labyrinth -- but what is the significance of it.

Template - this one I know! It's a set of gear that is designed to work with a class and min/max it to a certain degree. Typically you will see buy/sell offers for "templates" or "temps".

Thidranki - BG maybe?

I'll add more here as I think of them or they are suggested. If you can give a brief explanation of one, post it here and I'll add it to this post. Perhaps OP can use it as a glossary for newer players. Thanks all.

LoreOfSerpents
Dec 29, 2001

No.

Squiggoth posted:

Glass - I assume it's valuable, but why? Where do you get it and how does it work with the economy?
Glass is a form of currency. You mainly get it by killing mobs in Atlantis or by completing quests in Atlantis (especially the new "glass" quests). You then use it to buy Master Levels or artifacts, which you previously had to actually work for.

Fun fact: DAoC has the weirdest forms of money. We use bits of broken glass, dirty roots from plants, and reptile scales as currency.

Squiggoth posted:

CV - I think this is a BG? Or some sort of RvR focus area?

NF - No idea
NF = New Frontiers (level 50 RvR)
OF = Old Frontiers (what level 50 RvR used to be, before NF)

CV = Cathal Valley Battle Ground (levels 45-49)
Leirvik = Battle Ground (levels 40-44)
Molv = Molvik Battle Ground (35-39)
Wilton = Battle Ground (levels 30-34)
Braemar = Battle Ground (25-29)
Thid = Thidranki Battle Ground (levels 20-24)
Killaloe = Battle Ground (levels 15-19)
Hills of Claret = Battle Ground (levels 10-14)
Lion's Den = Battle Ground (levels 5-9)
Proving Grounds = Battle Ground (levels 1-4)

Squiggoth posted:

Lab - I'm going to guess Labyrinth -- but what is the significance of it.
Lab/Laby = Labyrinth, specifically the Labyrinth of the Minotaur in Agramon (located in the NF zone). Not to be confused with the Shar Labyrinth, a PvE area. Laby is an RvR dungeon which is popular with stealthers. It can also be good for 8v8 action, because the small corridors mean you have to employ some tactics. Don't solo as a visi here, though.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

LoreOfSerpents posted:

Lab/Laby = Labyrinth, specifically the Labyrinth of the Minotaur in Agramon (located in the NF zone). Not to be confused with the Shar Labyrinth, a PvE area. Laby is an RvR dungeon which is popular with stealthers. It can also be good for 8v8 action, because the small corridors mean you have to employ some tactics. Don't solo as a visi here, though.

Its also good for getting run over by 3-4 groups of mids that otherwise never see the light of day.

But yeah at the very least, Laby is very quick RvR action, you don't have to go far to find fights.

Squiggoth
Nov 14, 2003
Waaaagh. Really.
EDIT: Nevermind. This has been resolved. Unfortunately not the best way, but it is resolved. Thanks.

Squiggoth fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Mar 8, 2012

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Leveling in the 34-39 bracket BG is completely impossible because of the amount of people running around ganking. Are there any alternatives for these levels?

ggschmitty
Jan 26, 2006
Molvik is pretty terrible. For 35-37 you can usually do the Connla leveling hub if you haven't already done it (assuming you leveled 30-34 in Wilton). Usually I just punch myself in the dick over and over again and continually die in the BG until I get to 38-39 and level through RVR cause it's fun. Note that this works best on support classes that people actually want to group with

Also, ugh, my 14 free days died and continually getting "There was an error processing your request" when I try to sub. Bought a 1 month time card to see if it would be faster and no luck there. I JUST WANT TO SPEND MONEY ON MY TEMPLATESSSS and stare at the market explorer all day. ywain6 meath for lyfe

ggschmitty fucked around with this message at 12:09 on Mar 8, 2012

Squiggoth
Nov 14, 2003
Waaaagh. Really.
What's the best way to make money at 50? Glass groups + market? Or grinding mobs somewhere?

ggschmitty
Jan 26, 2006

Squiggoth posted:

What's the best way to make money at 50? Glass groups + market? Or grinding mobs somewhere?

glass quests are mind-numbing but decent money. LGM SC can get away with 1-2p per piece which is crazy profit but does have the downside of having to actually skill up to craft and the money to go into it. It is hard to turn anything over on the CMs for profit like playing the AH in wow since the market interface is so bad. Certain items also sell well - like Zahur's Ring which you can get from turning in afrits that you get from glass quests. Also ROG rings with good stats (high amounts of toa bonuses) can be sold for 10-20p each although those take a while to sell on a CM.

mostly just do glass quests until your brain turns into mashed potatoes

grass
Jun 10, 2008

by T. Mascis
Does anyone still playing on Uthgard? Currently running a 13 merc or a 10 cleric.

I wanted to try out Daoc again but didn't like the way the game has evolved, then I remembered reading about this shard in the old Daoc thread.

http://uthgard.net/

Playing Albion if anyone is still around or thinking of joining.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Geisladisk posted:

Leveling in the 34-39 bracket BG is completely impossible because of the amount of people running around ganking. Are there any alternatives for these levels?

Do the PVE quests. Just ask the BG channeler to port you to the town in your bracket, and there will be a shitton of quests available for you. They're a lot faster than the RVR quests and reward the exact same gear as the BP rewards for that bracket, but you don't get any RP or BP out of doing them.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Fister Roboto posted:

Do the PVE quests. Just ask the BG channeler to port you to the town in your bracket, and there will be a shitton of quests available for you. They're a lot faster than the RVR quests and reward the exact same gear as the BP rewards for that bracket, but you don't get any RP or BP out of doing them.

Those quests stop at 35. Yes you can still do them but they won't get you all the way out of the Molvik leveling bracket (I thought, anyway).

If things got really bad in Molvik I'd just leave and go grind mobs behind the relic wall in frontiers. Good camps out there for that level range, and a lot of bonus xp.

Certainly not as fast as BG quests but I definitely know things Molvik can get impossible to get anything accomplished.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

I actually managed to blast through Molvik in maybe 45 minutes in a full leveling group with a bard, I'm at 40 now.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Yeah, if you can do it at offpeak hours you shouldn't have much of an issue. Its when you're going out there during prime time that you aren't going to get a drat thing done.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

grass posted:

Does anyone still playing on Uthgard? Currently running a 13 merc or a 10 cleric.

I wanted to try out Daoc again but didn't like the way the game has evolved, then I remembered reading about this shard in the old Daoc thread.

I think most of us have tried Uthgard, and have found the exp grind to be EXCRUCIATING. I stopped when I couldn't even PL my minst to 50, with a 46 cabalist(pygmies), in under 7 days played.

AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK
There also didn't seem to be any population (on hib, at least) between 20 and 40, so I was stuck solo grinding it out.

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

"I WILL DEVOUR 100 GENERATIONS OF YOUR FAMILY!"
I never tried Uthgard, and I still don't care to. Something about playing on a buggy server emulating a buggy game just isn't appealing. Plus, I can't imagine playing somewhere with an even smaller playerbase. I'm sticking with the official servers. :)

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

DAOC's biggest flaw back in the day was the absolutely excruciating grind to 50. For most players it was a project that took literally months. And it wasn't as if there was anything of any interest to do in that time, you were just literally grinding mob after mob after mob. Had they eased the leveling to what it is today at launch, the game would probably have been wildly successful - The PVP at 50 was loving awesome, but I had three or four real life friends try the game and give up at level 20 or something.

Anyway, I dug up a old level 32 shadowblade I have, gonna try my hand at some stealther action. Are two handed PAs still awesome? Can anyone give me any spec tips?

Tsu
Jan 2, 2005

Please pee on this.
Just started an Animist named Katapl. I don't know what's going on most of the time.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Geisladisk posted:

Anyway, I dug up a old level 32 shadowblade I have, gonna try my hand at some stealther action. Are two handed PAs still awesome? Can anyone give me any spec tips?

2h PA is still pretty viable, I think. I wouldn't use it much after that, though, because breaking through defense will be pretty hard. So, 50 sword specs are out, I'd say.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD

grass posted:

A few goons and I play on Uthgard but we play Midgard.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Kazvall posted:

2h PA is still pretty viable, I think. I wouldn't use it much after that, though, because breaking through defense will be pretty hard. So, 50 sword specs are out, I'd say.

Yeah, from what I know, 50 LA is the way to go now.

I do miss the old critblade 2h spec, one shotting casters in Caledonia all drat day.

ggschmitty
Jan 26, 2006
waffle's druid temp without halloween hat and celt resists for those who aren't moneybags

Character Level: 50
Realm Rank : 1
Server Type : Normal
Class : (Hib) Druid
Race : Celt
Realm : Hibernia

Total Utility : 756.4
Total ToA Utility : 987.4
Average Bonus LV : 35.6

<== Main Stat Bonuses ==>
Weapons Equipped : Right and Left Hands ( S / S )

Stat Details Items / Cap ( Diff. )

Strength : 0 / 75 ( -75 )
Constitution : 85 / 85 ( 0 )
Dexterity : 102 / 101 ( 1 )
Quickness : 0 / 75 ( -75 )
Acuity : 112
Hit Points : 364 / 400 ( -36 )
Power : 0 / 36 ( -36 )
Power Pool % : 22 / 35 ( -13 )

-=- Cap Increases -=-

Constitution Cap : 10 / 26 ( -16 )
Dexterity Cap : 26 / 26 ( 0 )
Acuity Cap : 25 / 26 ( -1 )
Hit Points Cap : 220 / 200 ( 20 )
Power Cap : 10 / 26 ( -16 )

-=- Skill Bonuses -=-

-=- Resistance Bonuses -=-

Crush Resist : 24 / 26 ( -2 ) + 0%
Slash Resist : 23 / 26 ( -3 ) + 0%
Thrust Resist : 25 / 26 ( -1 ) + 0%
Heat Resist : 24 / 26 ( -2 ) + 0%
Cold Resist : 24 / 26 ( -2 ) + 0%
Matter Resist : 26 / 26 ( 0 ) + 0%
Energy Resist : 28 / 26 ( 2 ) + 0%
Body Resist : 32 / 26 ( 6 ) + 0%
Spirit Resist : 27 / 26 ( 1 ) + 0%

-=- Other Bonuses -=-

Archery/Spell Haste : 12 / 10 ( 2 )
Archery/Spell Damage : 2 / 10 ( -8 )
Archery/Spell Range : 13 / 10 ( 3 )
Spell Piercing : 5 / 10 ( -5 )
Spell Duration : 6 / 25 ( -19 )
Healing Bonus : 24 / 25 ( -1 )
Buff Effectiveness : 26 / 25 ( 1 )
Arcane Siphoning : 20 / 35 ( -15 )

<== Equipment Info ==>

<== Jewelry ==>

Jewel : Egg of Youth
Item Notes : Book: Egg of Youth
Level : 50
Expansion : Trials of Atlantis (ToA)
Acuity : 12
Hit Points : 32
Crush Resist : 5%
Slash Resist : 5%
Thrust Resist : 5%
Healing Bonus : 8%
Hit Points Cap : 40
Charges 1 : Self Cure Rez Sickness
Charges 2 : Area Effect Ressurect

Neck : Public Awareness Necklace (BP Item)
Item Notes : Bounty Merchant Item
Expansion : New Frontiers (NF)
Crush Resist : 7%
Slash Resist : 7%
Thrust Resist : 6%
Matter Resist : 6%
Body Resist : 6%
Energy Resist : 6%

Cloak : Glimmer Spirit Cloak
Item Notes : Hib Dragon Area Drop
Level : 45
Expansion : Dragon's Revenge Campaign (Dragons)
Energy Resist : 5%
Heat Resist : 5%
Cold Resist : 5%
Spirit Resist : 5%
Matter Resist : 5%
Body Resist : 5%
Hit Points : 50
Hit Points Cap : 50

Belt : Jacina's Sash
Item Notes : Book: Tarin's Animal Skins | The charges are dependant on class, some can't use one of them
Buff Enhance : 6%
Spell Duration : 6%
Power Cap : 5
Power Pool % : 5%
Spell Range : 5%
Spell Pierce : 5%
Arcane Siphoning : 10
Charges 1 : Heal : Group
Charges 2 : Heal : Power %

Ring1 : Crocodile Tear Ring
Item Notes : Book: Tyrus' Epic Poem
Heat Resist : 4%
Cold Resist : 4%
Energy Resist : 4%
Matter Resist : 4%
Body Resist : 4%
Acuity : 15
Equipped Buff/Aura 1 : Conversion
Equipped Buff/Aura 2 : Radiant Aura

Ring2 : Ring of the Azure
Item Notes : XML Import | 100% Quality | Source: Ethinarg
Level : 51
Dexterity : 15
Cold Resist : 4%
Heat Resist : 4%
Spirit Resist : 4%
Hit Points : 50
Dexterity Cap : 5
Acuity Cap : 5
Hit Points Cap : 50
Spell Damage : 2%

Wrist1 : Glimmershade Bracer
Item Notes : XML Import | 80% Quality | Source: Ethinarg
Cold Resist : 6%
Heat Resist : 6%
Matter Resist : 6%
Spirit Resist : 6%
Power Pool % : 5%
Acuity : 22

Wrist2 : Bracelet of Zo'arkat
Item Notes : Book: Apprentice's Notes
Acuity : 18
Matter Resist : 5%
Body Resist : 5%
Power Pool % : 6%
Spell Range : 4%
Charges 1 : Summon Elemental
Charges 2 : Bedazzled

<== Armor ==>

Chest : Veil-Touched Hauberk
( This item was edited manually or is Unique ( RoG ) )
Expansion : <Unknown>
Constitution : 22
Crush Resist : 1%
Slash Resist : 1%
Thrust Resist : 1%
Spirit Resist : 1%
Spell Speed : 5%
Healing Bonus : 10%
Buff Enhance : 5%
Dexterity Cap : 7
Acuity Cap : 6

Head : Ivy-scaled Wreath (Druid Epic)
Item Notes : Druid Epic
Expansion : Epic Quest Armor (Epic)
Dexterity : 18
Hit Points : 40
Reverse Proc 1 : Ablative

Arms : Decorated Osnadurtha Sleeves (HP Cap +40)
( This is a Crafted Item )
Expansion : Classic Areas ('Mainland')
Constitution : 28 ( Perfect earthen essence jewel )
Dexterity : 19 ( Faceted vapor essence jewel )
Crush Resist : 5 ( Flawed fiery shielding jewel )
Thrust Resist : 9 ( Polished airy shielding jewel )

Hands : Spell Marked Osnadurtha Gloves (Buffing +5%)
Constitution : 19 ( Faceted earthen essence jewel )
Hit Points : 76 ( Perfect blood essence jewel )
Crush Resist : 5 ( Flawed fiery shielding jewel )
Slash Resist : 9 ( Polished watery shielding jewel )
Buff Enhance : 5%

Legs : Dragonslayer Holy Osnadurtha Legs
Item Notes : XML Import | 100% Quality | Source: Ethinarg
Dexterity : 22
Cold Resist : 5%
Heat Resist : 5%
Hit Points : 40
Spell Speed : 1%
Reverse Proc 1 : Heal : Hit Points
Reverse Proc 2 : Ablative

Feet : Dragonsworn Marked Boots (Acuity +15)
Hit Points : 76 ( Perfect blood essence jewel )
Dexterity : 28 ( Perfect vapor essence jewel )
Constitution : 16 ( Polished earthen essence jewel )
Thrust Resist : 3 ( Rough airy shielding jewel )

<== Weapon(s) ==>

Right Hand : Dochar Druid Blade
Expansion : Darkness Rising (DR)
Dexterity Cap : 4
Healing Bonus : 6%
Acuity Cap : 4
Spell Speed : 4%
Power Cap : 5
Power Pool % : 6%
Spell Range : 4%
Charges 1 : Heal : Power %
Selectable Effects 2 : Undefined/Other

Left Hand : Buckler of Crystalline Mist (ToA)
Energy Resist : 1%
Spirit Resist : 1%
Crush Resist : 1%
Thrust Resist : 1%
Slash Resist : 1%
Constitution Cap : 10
Buff Enhance : 10%
Acuity Cap : 10
Spell Speed : 2%
Charges 1 : Heal : Power %
Reverse Proc 2 : Heal : Hit Points

Myth : Greater Siphoning Mythirian
Item Notes : 10% Arcane Siphoning | CL6 Required
Expansion : Labyrinth of the Minotaur (LotM)
Arcane Siphoning : 10
Mythirians 1 : Arcane Siphoning

Melek
May 23, 2003
Why would I get a DVD ROM drive when I have two DVD players in my house? Please send me $50 cash so I can get a DVD Drive. Or better yet please send me $10 bux so I can have this ugly red title removed.

Combo posted:

Yeah, from what I know, 50 LA is the way to go now.

I do miss the old critblade 2h spec, one shotting casters in Caledonia all drat day.

My favorite time in DAoC was with my 24 critblade in Thidranki.

Shortly after the big assassin buffs, which gave SBs the 2.3x skill point gains was the best time. There was still a "bug" with stealth where one-shotting with perf wouldn't drop stealth mode. Especially at that level, where any caster was insta-gibbed and any healer sitting down was a guaranteed kill, I was just a kid in candy store.

I still love their excuse when they fixed that, "We knew about it all along, but felt assassin classes were so lovely that they needed it."

Oh, but we got climb wall with the patch that removed the "bug" to stay alive while alone inside an enemy keep! :downs:

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
I remember playing a staff blade in Thid. It was such fun, you'd have to bring along about three staves to apply all the poisons and people must have thought it was pretty weird.

The Baumer
Oct 22, 2008
My first and only 50 was a critblade back before they made pa unstealth you and I sold that account on ebay for $800 in 2001.

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Melek posted:

My favorite time in DAoC was with my 24 critblade in Thidranki.

Shortly after the big assassin buffs, which gave SBs the 2.3x skill point gains was the best time. There was still a "bug" with stealth where one-shotting with perf wouldn't drop stealth mode. Especially at that level, where any caster was insta-gibbed and any healer sitting down was a guaranteed kill, I was just a kid in candy store.

I still love their excuse when they fixed that, "We knew about it all along, but felt assassin classes were so lovely that they needed it."

Oh, but we got climb wall with the patch that removed the "bug" to stay alive while alone inside an enemy keep! :downs:

That kill task for the 6 speed two hand didn't hurt, either.

Saveron_01
Dec 27, 2004
I miss the days of my shadowzerker, darn you Mythic with your LA nerf. =/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squiggoth
Nov 14, 2003
Waaaagh. Really.
Going to bow out of the game. A few things made that decision for me, but mainly the whole "do I really want to pay for this" came up. If it ever goes F2P I'll be on it faster than ever, but until then, c'est la vie.

I have a 50 druid 50 mentalist account that I won't know what to do with...ahem....

Also, as a special treat, I'm giving away my original strategy guides from DAOC. One is the original guide, another is the updated guide w/ Darkness Falls info. The third is the Shrouded Isles guide, and the fourth is the Atlas. Of course these are old, and some are outdated, but it's more of a "cool thing to have".

If anyone's interested, all I need is money for shipping. I'm cleaning house for a move and I'd like to donate these to a current DAOC player.

• Locked thread