Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

There was too much confusion between Comedy Death Ray, the live comedy show, and the radio show/podcast, Comedy Death Ray Radio, which everybody called Comedy Death Ray. People were showing up at CDR shows thinking it was a live taping of the podcast and getting really confused. They changed the name way before they announced the IFC show stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

But, the live show is also called Bang Bang. If there was confusion I don't know how it could different now.
http://losangeles.ucbtheatre.com/shows/view/745

TV shows take forever to plan and pre-produce. If he knew he'd have to rename the thing it makes sense to preempt and get people used to it first.

Maybe not. I dunno.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Mar 6, 2012

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
From what I understand, it was more that Auckerman and someone else were joint creators of Comedy Death Ray, and they had a bit of a falling out, so Auckerman switched the name to make it his own project.

e: That someone else was B.J. Porter. Wikipedia has no information regarding the name change other than the fact that it happened.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Crankit posted:

But why did they give it such a terrible name?

It grows on you. Eventually, the words "Comedy Bang Bang" will start a Reggie Watts song in your head and you'll wonder why you ever thought it was a bad name.

NotWearingPants fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Mar 6, 2012

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

I Do NOT eat meat

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Politicalrancor posted:

I Do NOT eat meat

code:
DO YOU CHEW GUM?
e: This was seriously the only aprt of Chelsea's shtick that I found funny, and it was only because Adam, Harris and Scott interjected.

ohshititsric
Jul 17, 2009

Politicalrancor posted:

I Do NOT eat meat

Where's the thingy?

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

ohshititsric posted:

Where's the thingy?

no back up you need to browning-fortune

Little Blue Couch
Oct 19, 2007

WIRED FOR SOUND
AND
DOWN FOR WHATEVER
No way Chelsea Peretti was totally funny!

ohshititsric posted:

Where's the thingy?

It's too hot

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
Comedy Central picked up Andy Daly's pilot :woop:

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Little Blue Couch posted:

It's too hot

Why I'm so hungry?!

Really can't get over how good that episode was, the entire thing had me laughing. I only recently started listening to the podcast on a regular basis, please tell me Ice T and Jesse "The Mind/Body/Heart/Bill" Ventura are regulars :ohdear:

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I'm pretty sure they've only been on as a double-act once before, but there's a fair bit of them separately in the archives.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

Groucho Marxist posted:

Comedy Central picked up Andy Daly's pilot :woop:

Awesome!!!

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

quote:

Secondly, “Review with Forrest MacNeil” will find Andrew Daly (“Eastbound & Down”) playing a critic who, instead of movies or food, reviews real life's most intense experiences -- from divorce to murder -- much to the chagrin of his put-upon family.

"I know Andy Daly’s wife and I want to assure her that contrary to the documentary style of the show, it is fictional,” said Alterman.

"This show will be a great service to society,” said Daly. “If you're thinking about cheating on your spouse or murdering someone, please wait until we review it so you can avoid the pitfalls and enjoy the experience."
Sounds awesome.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Little Blue Couch posted:

It's too hot

You mean you've never slept??

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

THIS DISCO SUCKS

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
There's a preview for the CBB TV show out: http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid88218671001?bckey=AQ~~,AAAAAAAn_zM~,B6LaFUvNnt2RhwK5cjOvZ4hHQyd5XXC9&bctid=1490007294001

What does everyone think?

ohshititsric
Jul 17, 2009
I love the set holy poo poo.

The missing Reggie part was amazing too.

COUNTIN THE BILLIES
Jan 8, 2006

by Ion Helmet

Looks good but I'm interested in how they can do it for a long stretch.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

I really liked it. Very funny.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

I can say with no exaggeration that this will be the greatest success in human history.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
There's also a bit that was on IFC but wasn't in the posted link showing some of the guests with their heads covered by the CBB logo. Just speculation but it looks like Andy Dick, then Paul Feig, someone with a banjo, Amy Poehler sitting next to maybe Will Arnett. Also with their heads not covered by the logo are a giant chicken and a talking magic window.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
Holy poo poo, this is going to be amazing.

Spraynard Kruger
May 8, 2007

Trujillo posted:

There's also a bit that was on IFC but wasn't in the posted link showing some of the guests with their heads covered by the CBB logo. Just speculation but it looks like Andy Dick, then Paul Feig, someone with a banjo, Amy Poehler sitting next to maybe Will Arnett. Also with their heads not covered by the logo are a giant chicken and a talking magic window.

I'm pretty certain one of them was Andy Daly in the Don Dimello outfit.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Preview was good, but man it's weird seeing Paul F. Tompkins doing Lord Webber.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007

Spraynard Kruger posted:

I'm pretty certain one of them was Andy Daly in the Don Dimello outfit.

Ah, that makes more sense. Was trying to figure out who would be wearing a scarf.

And I agree, it was strange seeing PFT doing ALW, but I'm not sure there's any other way of having the characters on the show without being hacky or having them call in.

Trujillo fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Mar 10, 2012

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

This is honestly the best possible way they could have done a CBB show. It looks amazing.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
I thought it was only okay, although I liked PFT a whole lot.

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

Blackula69 posted:

I thought it was only okay, although I liked PFT a whole lot.

Blasphemer!

Octavian
Mar 29, 2007
The preview was entertaining - it's still a bit jarring to put faces to all those voices, though.

Of course, if the Good One Robot makes a appearance, the show will be perfect.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
As the bits started I kept thinking I wasn't going to like them but then I was laughing by the end of them.

I liked it a lot.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

WOAH....LASER

burmart
Sep 14, 2002

10,000 Cunts
I'd have the say the part I laughed hardest at was Reggie's song at the end where he sang "Count Dracula, oops, I mean Andrew Lloyd Weber."

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Was it the FAME? THE DRUGS? THE FAME MONEY? THE DRUG MONEY? THE FAMZIES DRUGSIES? THE FUGS?

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

I really liked the sneak peak, but I've got to ask, who was the third celebrity friend along with Andy Samberg and Patton Oswalt?

CaptBushido
Mar 24, 2004

Power of Pecota posted:

I really liked the sneak peak, but I've got to ask, who was the third celebrity friend along with Andy Samberg and Patton Oswalt?

Bob Odenkirk!

Oh man, you need to watch all the DVD's of "Mr. Show" and learn yourself how Aukerman got his start in the business.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

I've seen like two episodes of Mr. Show, and then I was mostly watching for David Cross. Yeah, I really do need to remedy that.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

RandolphCarter posted:

Preview was good, but man it's weird seeing Paul F. Tompkins doing Lord Webber.

I want to see what they'll do for Ice-T.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?

Power of Pecota posted:

I've seen like two episodes of Mr. Show, and then I was mostly watching for David Cross. Yeah, I really do need to remedy that.

You don't even recognize him as Saul Goodman?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Groucho Marxist posted:

You don't even recognize him as Saul Goodman?

I haven't seen Breaking Bad