Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.
Wow, those New Era hats are horrid.

One of my friends is a huge baseball nut and will ask strangers if they're a fan of the team whose hat they are wearing or if they're just wearing it to match their outfit. (where I live, the huge majority of dudes are wearing them to match the rest of their clothes)

He once asked someone, "Why do you have to do that to baseball? Why not football or something else?"

The guy answered, "Well if New Era eva' made football hats I'd have some of 'dem too."

And now they have. :qq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.
Am I blind or is there no Dallas Cowboys one of those New Era caps?

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

ShimSham posted:

Wow, those New Era hats are horrid.

One of my friends is a huge baseball nut and will ask strangers if they're a fan of the team whose hat they are wearing or if they're just wearing it to match their outfit. (where I live, the huge majority of dudes are wearing them to match the rest of their clothes)

He once asked someone, "Why do you have to do that to baseball? Why not football or something else?"

The guy answered, "Well if New Era eva' made football hats I'd have some of 'dem too."

And now they have. :qq:

Yeah, the majority of people who wear New Era hats wear them for fashion reasons. That's probably true for hats in general. Your friend probably shouldn't look down on people for violating the sanctity of baseball.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Grantonio posted:

Yeah, the majority of people who wear New Era hats wear them for fashion reasons. That's probably true for hats in general. Your friend probably shouldn't look down on people for violating the sanctity of baseball.

But baseball is ~sacred~ and ~special~

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Grantonio posted:

Yes, thank you.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.
You say that until you try to talk to someone about the team whose hat they are wearing, assuming they're a fan, and then you find out the only actual baseball player they know of is Alex Rodriguez.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

ShimSham posted:

You say that until you try to talk to someone about the team whose hat they are wearing, assuming they're a fan, and then you find out the only actual baseball player they know of is Alex Rodriguez.

People who just go up to others to talk about the team they have displayed on their hat are kind of assholes, though. I mean, granted, the whole point of wearing sports team merchandise in public at a non-sporting event is a form of needless identity gloating (HEY GUYS! LOOK AT ME! I ROOT FOR THIS TEAM!!!); but, people who just assume a guy wearing an Orioles shirt his mom got him because she went to a game is a walking encyclopedia of the team are taking it up a level.

New Era baseball hats are awesome, usually; and I like to go into hat stores and look at them, but I'm not the type of guy who would actually wear any of them.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

How did they fit Indianapolis on a hat out of curiosity?

Also it's nice that the Colts have blue and white because those colors are far from ugly.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

ppp posted:

Still waiting for the Arizona Cardinals Super Large Wordmark hat from mitchell and ness.

Imagine this but with one more letter.

I'm quoting this so no one overlooks this monstrosity. Bleh.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
I just tell Cleveland fans that ask about my old beat up hat that I really liked the movie Major League, because that's pretty much the truth. It takes the wind out of their sails, but who cares.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
THat Seahawks hat owns bones.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:
seAHAWKS:pwn:

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

ppp posted:

Still waiting for the Arizona Cardinals Super Large Wordmark hat from mitchell and ness.

Imagine this but with one more letter.

Hey man, go -

*walks around dude wearing hat*

- Seahawks? Nevermind.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Nilbop posted:

Hey man, go -

*walks around dude wearing hat*

- Seahawks? Nevermind.

also gotta love anything that has depressedhawk on it.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

It does kinda look like a sad snake that got trapped in a cage made of the word Eahawks.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

ShimSham posted:

If the bill is flat, they are wearing it for fashion.

If the bill is curved they are probably fans and/or played baseball/actually use a hat to keep the sun out of their eyes.

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010

CubanMissile posted:

I just tell Cleveland fans that ask about my old beat up hat that I really liked the movie Major League, because that's pretty much the truth. It takes the wind out of their sails, but who cares.

I have an Indians hat that people where I live (Cincinnati) will try to give me poo poo over. 4 words shut them up. "It was four dollars" and ^ the bill is still flat, but it keeps the sun out of my eyes when I'm driving just as well.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
I curve my bill, probably just because I'm 31 years old and not doing so would make me feel like douchebag.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

CubanMissile posted:

I curve my bill, probably just because I'm 31 years old and not doing so would make me feel like douchebag.

I'm 24 and i've never met someone who wears flat brim caps and isn't a tool. It's just a weird fashion statement, half the time people wear them off to one side so it doesn't even protect from the sun. I don't see the point of wearing a hat that doesn't serve hat purposes, but I've never been into fashion anyway.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

TheBizzness posted:

If the bill is flat, they are wearing it for fashion.

If the bill is curved they are probably fans and/or played baseball/actually use a hat to keep the sun out of their eyes.

I hope to God I never meet anyone who wears these things for fashion, because Jesus

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Febreeze posted:

I'm 24 and i've never met someone who wears flat brim caps and isn't a tool. It's just a weird fashion statement, half the time people wear them off to one side so it doesn't even protect from the sun. I don't see the point of wearing a hat that doesn't serve hat purposes, but I've never been into fashion anyway.

goonsay

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

TheBizzness posted:

Unfortunately I've even saw one guy with a well worn, curved bill Braves hat. Myself also wearing a Braves hat asked him something Braves related being that the season had just begun at the time.

He told me, "Oh I don't really like baseball."

I could have hit him. Not for not liking baseball, but the whole drat charade of it.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

ShimSham posted:

Unfortunately I've even saw one guy with a well worn, curved bill Braves hat. Myself also wearing a Braves hat asked him something Braves related being that the season had just begun at the time.

He told me, "Oh I don't really like baseball."

I could have hit him. Not for not liking baseball, but the whole drat charade of it.

This one time I saw a dog wearing shoes. I was like "dude you're a dog, those don't belong to you."

squarerandom fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Mar 12, 2012

Sleepy Beef
Oct 2, 2009

by Fistgrrl
Who gives a gently caress about whether or not a person wears a certain piece of clothing? Here's a hint: yeah some people have terrible fashion sense but hey fashion is subjective and some people just don't give a poo poo, also you should probably judge people solely on the merits of their actions and not whether or not the bill of their loving hat is curved or not.

Flat-billed hats are pretty cool by the way, but I don't like leaving the stickers on.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.
edit: img didn't work.

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Remember that one time you totally botched that snap?

Sleepy Beef posted:

Flat-billed hats are pretty cool by the way, but I don't like leaving the stickers on.

I love the flat bill New Era caps, but yeah I really don't get the leaving the sticker on thing. First thing I do when I buy one is take those off.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
there's lots of rap lyrics about 59fifty hats i can relate to you guys if you want. seems worthwhile

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

Some of my hats have the sticker on, some don't. I'm really not sure how the whole leave the sticker on thing started but some people swear by that poo poo.

I also know a dude that leaves tags on his hats if they have them, but lol that's way too much.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
I go one step farther and only wear the hat in the store.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Grantonio posted:

Some of my hats have the sticker on, some don't. I'm really not sure how the whole leave the sticker on thing started but some people swear by that poo poo.

I also know a dude that leaves tags on his hats if they have them, but lol that's way too much.

There's a joke hat that is all 59/50 stickers. The whole hat is completely covered with them except there is a hole through the brim where the sticker would normally be.

edit with a link: http://www.doobybrain.com/2008/07/29/counterfeit-new-era-sticker-hat/

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

There's a joke hat that is all 59/50 stickers. The whole hat is completely covered with them except there is a hole through the brim where the sticker would normally be.

edit with a link: http://www.doobybrain.com/2008/07/29/counterfeit-new-era-sticker-hat/

"Most people who buy and wear New Era 59Fifty hats have this habit of leaving the golden sticker on the hat in order to show everybody that the hat is genuine."

Genuine. Yeah I don't buy no knock off 30$ hats, I GOT STEEZE BITCHES.

New Era sells a HAT CARRIER. So when you're on the go and...what?

squarerandom fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Mar 12, 2012

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

hahaha, this rules.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Rap posted:

goonsay

You sad because people don't like your hats?

yeah, you sad.

Sleepy Beef
Oct 2, 2009

by Fistgrrl

BlindSite posted:

You sad because people don't like your hats?

yeah, you sad.

you know who else put people into categories based on the type of clothing they wore? that's right, the nazis. may I ask how you feel about jewish people and the state of israel, somethingawful forums user blindsite?

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
make all black people wear fifty nine fifties with stars on them

smuggler
Apr 23, 2007
INSULTING THE PACKERS IS NOT AGAINST FORUM RULES, MORON

I think the snitches with the stars on their bellies were the in-group, so your analogy is backwards.

/goonsay

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Remember that one time you totally botched that snap?

Grantonio posted:

Back in middle school the big thing was kids leaving the tags on their shirts and pants. That was 8 or 9 years ago and I still don't know what the gently caress :psyduck:

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Grantonio posted:

Either that or Koreans REALLLLY like the Oakland Athletics.

I couldn't help walking up to a guy in Seoul though and asking if he really was a Reds fan. I don't get homesick often...

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

MissileWaster posted:

Back in middle school the big thing was kids leaving the tags on their shirts and pants. That was 8 or 9 years ago and I still don't know what the gently caress :psyduck:

Yeah, it will always look really dumb to me. Then again, some people feel the same way about a hat with a flat brim so to each his own I guess.

Toussaint Louverture posted:

Either that or Koreans REALLLLY like the Oakland Athletics.

I couldn't help walking up to a guy in Seoul though and asking if he really was a Reds fan. I don't get homesick often...

Now I'm picturing some dude walking around the country that gets all the Super Bowl loser merchandise and yelling at them for changing their team every year.

schweens fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Mar 12, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I'm willing to bet we'll see some hats on the sideline with the sticker still on them.

• Locked thread