Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sleepy Beef
Oct 2, 2009

by Fistgrrl

Toussaint Louverture posted:

I'm willing to bet we'll see some hats on the sideline with the sticker still on them.

well yeah but that's because NFL players are THUGS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I was thinking young but that too I guess.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Grantonio posted:

Now I'm picturing some dude walking around the country that gets all the Super Bowl loser merchandise and yelling at them for changing their team every year.

They might not be bandwagoners, maybe they all just love the AFC. :c00lbert:

ZopfaMania
Jul 7, 2010

So I was doing some noodling with Jaguars jerseys. All-black is dumb for a primary, so I compromised a little and put the white pants on there. Also even though I like turquoise, I got rid of it and just went with a straight green. As a result, the Jaguars are the new 90s Falcons.

...I'm not so sure.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!
The people I know at Nike say the new uniforms look pretty boss. I guess they're changing some of the equipment too. The example I was given was the socks. Reebok basically just used a lovely tube sock, the Nike socks will have extra padding and space age materials and they will clean the players' houses and stuff.

The worst thing is, she sees the new Seahawks logo every day but can't tell me anything about it and my impotent rage knows no bounds.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

BlindSite posted:

You sad because people don't like your hats?

yeah, you sad.
No this right here

quote:

I don't see the point of wearing a hat that doesn't serve hat purposes, but I've never been into fashion anyway.
is goonsay. plus i don't wear hat

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

jordjevic posted:

So I was doing some noodling with Jaguars jerseys. All-black is dumb for a primary, so I compromised a little and put the white pants on there. Also even though I like turquoise, I got rid of it and just went with a straight green. As a result, the Jaguars are the new 90s Falcons.

...I'm not so sure.

I think that looks pretty classy. Actually I would rather see them in the green every home game, but I'm just against black jerseys that aren't Pittsburgh and Oakland. "No new black" - me, also unfortunately many African-Americans whose families have been in the US for a long time (sad but tru)

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010
I swear this is like the 15th time I've had to explain this poo poo to people but here we go:

Stickers on hats is the same as the tags on your starter hats/jackets back in the early 90s, hell actually it's just an evolution of it. It has nothing to do with a hat being "genuine" no, it's even more important than that. It's that the hat is loving new. It's that you just got this poo poo, you've not even had time to take the tags off it's so new. Because when you grow up and you're getting clothing through charity drives, or your mom's church, or your relatives hand-me-downs, having something new is the greatest feeling in the world. When you get some back to school clothes and you like knowing they just belong to you and you end up wearing them for like 5 days straight because hey this poo poo is new! With Starter stuff it was like hey this is so new I haven't even taken the tags off, just got right out the store and have it on. Then of course people realized that looked retarded, and it fell to the wayside. But 10 years later or so, people had the same dilemma. "How do I let the world know I just bought this hat? I know, I'll leave the bright gold sticker on it!"

So anyways point is that it, like all things fashion, came from a fairly understandable place and then was swagger jacked by people thinking it's cool until it lost all sense of the original "meaning" and is now about looking like a douche bag at the mall.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
I only leave the tiny baseball hologram sticker on underneath the bill.

I also curve the bill before I've even left the store.

Its ridiculous how inflated the prices have gotten. I remember getting my fitted A's hat for my little league team when I was 10 (1993) for $14.99 :corsair:

TheBizzness fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Mar 12, 2012

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010
A youth A's hat is $25 right now, which in 1993 dollars is $15.73 so prices haven't changed much. But prices for adult hats are ridiculous, $35 for a hat?! :argh:

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
i look like a big tall wienerman in a hat so i get to save that $35 for more ramen

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I got a pretty kickass Niners cap from my secret Santa at work but I don't really wear hats very much because of my giant head. It fits me way better than most hats do though so I'm gonna try wearing it on gamedays more often.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

Rap posted:

i look like a big tall wienerman in a hat so i get to save that $35 for more ramen

What flavor, this is important.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Chicken with tapatio is the only flavor.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Chicken. beef is awful and i'm scared to eat the shrimp even though i bet it contains no seafood anyway

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Korean ramen is the way to go, newb-lords

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Febreeze posted:

I'm 24 and i've never met someone who wears flat brim caps and isn't a tool. It's just a weird fashion statement, half the time people wear them off to one side so it doesn't even protect from the sun. I don't see the point of wearing a hat that doesn't serve hat purposes, but I've never been into fashion anyway.
What if the sun is off to the side :colbert:

I kind of like flat brims but hell if my head can actually fit them unless I get a way oversized hat.

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry
My head is a size 9.5, which New Era doesn't make.

I own a Phillies hat that is effectively a wall ornament.

smuggler
Apr 23, 2007
INSULTING THE PACKERS IS NOT AGAINST FORUM RULES, MORON

That's an exceptionally large hat size. Do you have dreads or something?

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Remember that one time you totally botched that snap?

KettleWL posted:

I swear this is like the 15th time I've had to explain this poo poo to people but here we go:

Stickers on hats is the same as the tags on your starter hats/jackets back in the early 90s, hell actually it's just an evolution of it. It has nothing to do with a hat being "genuine" no, it's even more important than that. It's that the hat is loving new. It's that you just got this poo poo, you've not even had time to take the tags off it's so new. Because when you grow up and you're getting clothing through charity drives, or your mom's church, or your relatives hand-me-downs, having something new is the greatest feeling in the world. When you get some back to school clothes and you like knowing they just belong to you and you end up wearing them for like 5 days straight because hey this poo poo is new! With Starter stuff it was like hey this is so new I haven't even taken the tags off, just got right out the store and have it on. Then of course people realized that looked retarded, and it fell to the wayside. But 10 years later or so, people had the same dilemma. "How do I let the world know I just bought this hat? I know, I'll leave the bright gold sticker on it!"

So anyways point is that it, like all things fashion, came from a fairly understandable place and then was swagger jacked by people thinking it's cool until it lost all sense of the original "meaning" and is now about looking like a douche bag at the mall.

I think even if I left the sticker on it, people would be able to tell my 2010 World Series patch Texas Rangers cap has long outlived its "new"-ness. I just haven't had the funds to upgrade to a 2011 World Series patch cap yet!

Grozz Nuy posted:

I don't really wear hats very much because of my giant head.

This is why I like fitted caps and can't really wear the snapbacks. My head is massive. Size 8 with the New Era 59Fifty.

E: ModernAmerican size 9.5 :stare: You, sir, must have a lot of brains in your head.

MissileWaster fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Mar 12, 2012

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

smuggler posted:

That's an exceptionally large hat size. Do you have dreads or something?

He's actually his avatar in real life.

And 9.5 is amazing to me because my friends tell me my head's big and I wear a 7.5

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
I can't even find how big 9.5 is, most results end up being for shoes on pages with multiple item sizing charts.

...unless you meant to type 8.5, then Mitchell & Ness has that while most others seem to top off at 8.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Maybe his head is so big because he sleeps upside down did you guys ever think of that??

Sleepy Beef
Oct 2, 2009

by Fistgrrl
my head is a size 9.5 too but its not the head thats attached to my neck if you see what im saying ;)

Dirt Worshipper
Apr 2, 2007

Paralithodes Californiensis
Put that cap on that giant baby head goon. Don't curve the bill, keep it fresh; the pride of preschool.

Good Will Punting
Aug 30, 2009

And as the curtain falls
Just know you did it all except lift weights
This is the gooniest thread ever and a massive derail. Wear your hat however you loving want. But seriously, the draft hats suck for the most part.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat
Hats are really cool and fun and if you don't own a Montgomery Biscuits hat you are prolly a real bummer of a dude.

Just glad I'll hopefully never have to see another Mitchell & Ness hat as long as I live.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Why are Mitchell and Ness hats the ugliest pieces of poo poo? It's like they go out of their way to make them terrible.

excidium
Oct 24, 2004

Tambahawk Soars

KidDynamite posted:

Why are Mitchell and Ness hats the ugliest pieces of poo poo? It's like they go out of their way to make them terrible.

I own this Mitchell and Ness hat and it owns.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
The last time I wore a hat someone told me I looked like the fat dude from fall out boy. Despite this I will probably buy and wear an Eagles New Era if it isn't complete poo poo.

So far we've seen the Panthers new logo and I've read people speeculating about the Seahawks getting one too, is it just these two franchises being redesigned or is there more? The Bills should definitely fix their logo after fixing their jerseys.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
I'm sure it was posted in the thread somewhere but I missed it: When do we get a look at the new uniforms Nike is working on?

VVV Thanks

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Mar 12, 2012

excidium
Oct 24, 2004

Tambahawk Soars

Febreeze posted:

I'm sure it was posted in the thread somewhere but I missed it: When do we get a look at the new uniforms Nike is working on?

April 3rd

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

excidium posted:

I own this Mitchell and Ness hat and it owns.

sexy as gently caress

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

MyChemicalImbalance posted:

The last time I wore a hat someone told me I looked like the fat dude from fall out boy. Despite this I will probably buy and wear an Eagles New Era if it isn't complete poo poo.

So far we've seen the Panthers new logo and I've read people speeculating about the Seahawks getting one too, is it just these two franchises being redesigned or is there more? The Bills should definitely fix their logo after fixing their jerseys.

Well, interestingly enough every team's draft hat is available for viewing except for the Panthers and Seahawks. Perhaps new logos are the reason why. Clicking on their names get a silhouette with "cap image coming soon" over top. The Cowboys are also mysteriously not on the list at all.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.
NFL sideline hats should go back to painter hats. Flat bills all day erryday

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

TheBizzness posted:

If the bill is flat, they are wearing it for fashion.

If the bill is curved they are probably fans and/or played baseball/actually use a hat to keep the sun out of their eyes.

:colbert:

Kris Medlen, Atlanta Braves pitcher and the only 12 year old to pitch in the MLB.

FUNKY BUTTLOVIN

That said, those NEW ERA hats are terrible. I don't see a Buc one though so there's that.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

MindlessHavok posted:

Kris Medlen, Atlanta Braves pitcher and the only 12 year old to pitch in the MLB.

FUNKY BUTTLOVIN

That said, those NEW ERA hats are terrible. I don't see a Buc one though so there's that.

I was under the impression that a lot of baseball players kept their bills flat? I at least see it a good bit in their player-profile pictures.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

KidDynamite posted:

Which ones? Most are just recreating the designs from years ago. Basically just retro stuff...a lot of the original designs were gaudy in the first place and really haven't held up well unless you have nostalgia for it.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

All the ones I see in Lids or Cap City are like beige with huge lettering and look like poo poo. Maybe it's because I live in New Jersey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

KettleWL posted:

A youth A's hat is $25 right now, which in 1993 dollars is $15.73 so prices haven't changed much. But prices for adult hats are ridiculous, $35 for a hat?! :argh:

Pretty sure I wore a 7 or a 7 1/8 back then so it was an adult size hat.

MindlessHavok posted:

Yeah the flat brim is getting to be more popular in the bigs, CC Sabathia wears his flat too I believe.

• Locked thread