Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Was planning on doing a track day this month but too much other poo poo going on. So first track day of the season is April 16th at little tally.

Was hoping to have the track SV going but I haven't found time to put it together yet so I may be taking the CRF which is fine for little tally. Going to be right in the middle of moving too so that should be fun. Can't wait, maybe I'll work on the SV when I get home tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Gullous posted:

Western Washington just received a new road course over the winter - 3/24 is the first bike day!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKJGvv4av0Q

It gains the name Ridge for turns 13-16 (bottom left), where there is an ~80 foot elevation drop. Apparently it's similar to Laguna Seca!

I can't wait!

That track looks fast as gently caress.

Sir Cornelius
Oct 30, 2011

2ndclasscitizen posted:

That track looks fast as gently caress.

Except that really nasty corner combination at the west. I like it.

Veritas
Aug 20, 2003
if anyone in the central texas area wants to do MSR houston this coming sunday (the 18th), let me know. i might be able to help out with a discount. Fastline MCS will be hosting.

link to track:
http://msrhouston.com/about/facility-maps

link to Fastline:
http://fastlinemcs.com

invision
Mar 2, 2009

I DIDN'T GET ENOUGH RAPE LAST TIME, MAY I HAVE SOME MORE?

Veritas posted:

if anyone in the central texas area wants to do MSR houston this coming sunday (the 18th), let me know. i might be able to help out with a discount. Fastline MCS will be hosting.

link to track:
http://msrhouston.com/about/facility-maps

link to Fastline:
http://fastlinemcs.com

me pick me

Veritas
Aug 20, 2003
sure why not!

have you ridden track before?

if so, novice, intermediate, or advanced?

invision
Mar 2, 2009

I'm gonna have to sign up for the novice

e:Didn't answer your question:

No I have not.

Veritas
Aug 20, 2003

invision posted:

I'm gonna have to sign up for the novice

e:Didn't answer your question:

No I have not.

no worries. one last question. any chance you're on any of the local houston moto forums? reason i ask is cause i'm easier to reach on there. anyways, if not send me an email with your name, the event you wanna register for, and the level. armandito360 at the hotmail. i'll see about getting you 20%-25% off.

invision
Mar 2, 2009

Veritas posted:

no worries. one last question. any chance you're on any of the local houston moto forums? reason i ask is cause i'm easier to reach on there. anyways, if not send me an email with your name, the event you wanna register for, and the level. armandito360 at the hotmail. i'll see about getting you 20%-25% off.

I'm invision on motohouston/twtex, send me a pm on either one.

GlazedMcGuffin
Jan 26, 2004

Gullous posted:

Western Washington just received a new road course over the winter - 3/24 is the first bike day!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKJGvv4av0Q
I can't wait!

This is awesome. I'm in Olympia, so if I decide to try out a track day, it's a lot more fun to drive 30min to Shelton than up I5.

GanjamonII
Mar 24, 2001
I'm psyched for Sunday at MSRH even if there is 30% change of rain. They have a covered area in the paddock right? I don't recall.

Also Invision - I don't have an account on MH but if you still need gloves I have XL Alpinestars SP2s which you're welcome to. They're a bit used but still good.

invision
Mar 2, 2009

GanjamonII posted:

I'm psyched for Sunday at MSRH even if there is 30% change of rain. They have a covered area in the paddock right? I don't recall.

Also Invision - I don't have an account on MH but if you still need gloves I have XL Alpinestars SP2s which you're welcome to. They're a bit used but still good.

more MSRH goons! pm me your phone number broham.

Mr. Eric Praline
Aug 13, 2004
I didn't like the others, they were all too flat.
Yay I can post here! All signed up for my first track day in May. Entirely psyched about this, though slightly wary because it means I have to travel into New Jersey. Apparently there is a track in NJ.

Gnaghi
Jan 25, 2008

Is this a good first bike?

Mr. Eric Praline posted:

Yay I can post here! All signed up for my first track day in May. Entirely psyched about this, though slightly wary because it means I have to travel into New Jersey. Apparently there is a track in NJ.

NJ Motorsports park? I'm looking at going to a superbike schoolday or two there.

Up until this year Englishtown Raceway had supermoto events too but they are done, so there's only OVRP in NY for that now.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Mr. Eric Praline posted:

That track is awesome by the way. You riding thunderbolt or lightning?

Mr. Eric Praline
Aug 13, 2004
I didn't like the others, they were all too flat.

schreibs posted:

That track is awesome by the way. You riding thunderbolt or lightning?
Thunderbolt. It's a private event for triumph675 forum members and friends, so there'll be a max of like 60 bikes all day, pro coaches, etc. Figure it'll be a good way to learn the ropes of track riding.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Mr. Eric Praline posted:

Thunderbolt. It's a private event for triumph675 forum members and friends, so there'll be a max of like 60 bikes all day, pro coaches, etc. Figure it'll be a good way to learn the ropes of track riding.

A track full of Triumph 675's is pretty much my wet dream.

Ponies ate my Bagel
Nov 25, 2006

by T. Finninho

Mr. Eric Praline posted:

If it was a drag strip you could invite Sir Moot. I'm not sure he'd be into one of those confangled turny tracks though....

Veritas
Aug 20, 2003

GanjamonII posted:

yes, there is covered paddock area. not exactly waterproof though. don't you guys know the first rule of trackdays/racing? YOU DON'T MENTION THE 'R" WORD! anyways, shaping up to be a fun day. i'll most likely be instructing in the novice group. if you guys wanna work together, ask to be paired with me during class. i have a good amount of seat time at MSRH, and a few new things i wanna try =)

now i'm all worked up!

oh, and i'm a black/white gsxr600 #250

GanjamonII
Mar 24, 2001

Veritas posted:

yes, there is covered paddock area. not exactly waterproof though. don't you guys know the first rule of trackdays/racing? YOU DON'T MENTION THE 'R" WORD! anyways, shaping up to be a fun day. i'll most likely be instructing in the novice group. if you guys wanna work together, ask to be paired with me during class. i have a good amount of seat time at MSRH, and a few new things i wanna try =)

now i'm all worked up!

oh, and i'm a black/white gsxr600 #250

Welp the weather forecast has improved so I'm going to assume I didn't hurt anything :)

I'll bring a gazebo tent just in case though.

Veritas
Aug 20, 2003
hey Ganja, bring those extra gloves for Invision if you don't mind. he hasn't located any yet.

GanjamonII
Mar 24, 2001

Veritas posted:

hey Ganja, bring those extra gloves for Invision if you don't mind. he hasn't located any yet.

No problem. I just pulled them out and they're actually size L not XL so even better.

invision
Mar 2, 2009

GanjamonII posted:

No problem. I just pulled them out and they're actually size L not XL so even better.

Awesome!

So I just posted this in the MH thread, and I'm not real sure where yall live, but if you need to get a hotel room on saturday I'm down to split the cost of a cheap one.

GanjamonII
Mar 24, 2001
Thanks I appreciate it, but I live about an hour away so I'm just going to drive and aim to get there around 7 or so.

Veritas
Aug 20, 2003
i'm about 45min away, but i have a wedding saturday evening. taking my bike and gear with me to the wedding, and crashing at a friend's house 10min away from the track. sorry you couldn't find a roomie Invision. i'll see if you're able to camp. looking forward to seeing you guys on sunday!

Veritas
Aug 20, 2003
anyone else wanna come along? i can do 1 or 2 more %25 off for first time customers.

Veritas
Aug 20, 2003
shot from today.

Invision and Ganja came out. very good day, in good company. i'll let the guys tell you all about it.

invision
Mar 2, 2009

Veritas posted:

shot from today.

Invision and Ganja came out. very good day, in good company. i'll let the guys tell you all about it.

Gonna get me some of those ebay levers.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Veritas posted:

shot from today.

Way too pretty for a track bike. Also pretty sweet helmet, I need to get an obnoxious helmet for track days.

GanjamonII
Mar 24, 2001
I had a great time. Good company indeed.

My back and legs are sore as hell today.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Veritas posted:

shot from today.

Your track bike is gorgeous and I am jealous. Mine looks like a unloved pig (well, it is an SV...)

Gotta hurry up and wad that thing so I can justify buying pretty new track plastics!

Edit: Is it an optical illusion or a camera trick, or do your pressures look really low? What are you running in that picture?

Veritas
Aug 20, 2003
thanks! i try real hard to keep the shiny side up.

i'm running Pirelli diablo super corsas (race DOT's). front pressure is 32psi, rear is 26psi. i set the hot pressures on warmers. i noticed the carcass flexing too, i had seen it on other people's pictures, but never on mine. that pic was taken during the mock race at the end of the day. i was working on pushing my brake markers deeper that day, as well as trail braking. i think i had just passed some people on the brakes going into that turn. i was trail braking hard, might account for the front tire flex. not sure though, i'm still a slow guy :shobon:

invision
Mar 2, 2009

Veritas posted:

i'm still a slow guy :shobon:

Makin' me feel bad. :(

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷

invision posted:

Makin' me feel bad. :(

I hear you were flying! :rimshot:

The Seattle area track day is next Saturday and it's looking to be wet. You can rub it in my face when I inevitably eat it :v:

Veritas
Aug 20, 2003
hey i have some bridgestone rain tires i need to get rid off. $100 come get em!

GI Joe jobs
Jun 25, 2005

🎅🤜🤛👷

Veritas posted:

hey i have some bridgestone rain tires i need to get rid off. $100 come get em!

What sizes and where are you?

e: veritas, does your profile have the right aim handle? invisigoth22?

GI Joe jobs fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Mar 20, 2012

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Veritas posted:

shot from today.

Ok, what Suomi model is that? Do want.

GanjamonII
Mar 24, 2001
Veritas do you know when/where the photos will be put up? I can't see anything from the fastline page..

invision
Mar 2, 2009

GanjamonII posted:

Veritas do you know when/where the photos will be put up? I can't see anything from the fastline page..

http://www.flashmetx.com/trackpics

Man, my body positioning is TERRIBLE.

e:and I look like a 5 year old on my bike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veritas
Aug 20, 2003
you guys know what's this weekend? RACE WEEKEND!
http://www.cmraracing.com/images/hp/cmra_flyer_tws_mar2012.pdf

Gullous posted:

What sizes and where are you?

e: veritas, does your profile have the right aim handle? invisigoth22?

120front/180rear, Houston TX. i think they're sold though, dude wants to take them off my hands at the races. if by any chance he doesn't maybe we can work it out with shipping and all that. and that aim handle is old, sorry.

BlackMK4 posted:

Ok, what Suomi model is that? Do want.

it's a vandal, 'tattoo flash' model.
http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/1/1/38/27946/ITEM/Suomy-Vandal-Tattoo-Helmet.aspx?WT.ac=SLIsearch

best part about it, i picked it up for $190 new from a local shop's black friday sale.

• Locked thread