Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
Is there a thing which lists the episodes that different characters appear in, I want to hear more Lil Gary, El Chupacabra and so on, but I can't remember who does what character.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

RandolphCarter posted:

I loved that Mantzoukas tried to get Daly to make up a limerick and Daly just flipped it around on him. Always my favorite improv moment.

The part where he sounds so defeated after they say he brought his limerick book is probably the best moment on the show.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Crankit posted:

Is there a thing which lists the episodes that different characters appear in, I want to hear more Lil Gary, El Chupacabra and so on, but I can't remember who does what character.

Lil Gary - Tom Lennon
El Chupacabra - Nick Kroll

The Wikipedia page is pretty good about telling when the major characters appear, at least for the earlier episodes.

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES

FitFortDanga posted:

Lil Gary - Tom Lennon
El Chupacabra - Nick Kroll

The Wikipedia page is pretty good about telling when the major characters appear, at least for the earlier episodes.

Thanks!
Holy poo poo, Cake Boss is real? :stare:

SousaphoneColossus
Feb 16, 2004

There are a million reasons to ruin things.
Anyone know what that weird Common Sense Aerosol song-thing is from? (from minute ~56 of the most recent episode)

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Which episode was the Irish guy telling poems?

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

SpacePig posted:

Which episode was the Irish guy telling poems?

74, another Mantzoukas/Daly joint.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"

Harm Barn Gumshoe posted:

74, another Mantzoukas/Daly joint.

That one also has Bill Carter of Trainer for the Stars, Seeking Stars.org for most of it, it's a great episode.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.

Crankit posted:

Thanks!
Holy poo poo, Cake Boss is real? :stare:

All of Paul F Tompkins characters are real. This includes Werner Herzog and Mr. Brainwash.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xQyQnXrLb0
I find that PFT doesn't go far enough with his Herzog.

hip check please
Jan 11, 2012

Listing to the new Cyber Thug. So far its everything I could have hoped for.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

TOM HANKS posted:

Listing to the new Cyber Thug. So far its everything I could have hoped for.

$7.99 for one hour of new content?

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
It's $8 for all three, even though two of them are available through non-earwolf means. And if they sell a bunch they'll probably do more. So buy it, it's cheaper than an album

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Posting here for a convergence of Harris and Tig fans:
On the latest Who Charted and Professor Blastoff, Harris Wittels and Tig Notaro have started talking about the new Sarah Silverman pilot.
Tig will be a regular, and Harris is the male lead (Jeff Goldblum also features!).
I had not heard about this, now I'm practically giddy.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Sarah was on CBB right after it got picked up, I think that was her last appearance. I'm not crazy about her, but I'm really excited for it

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches

UnclePlasticBitch posted:

Anyone know what that weird Common Sense Aerosol song-thing is from? (from minute ~56 of the most recent episode)

Pretty sure it's off the second Lonely Island album.

This past episode was a killer, I'd put it up there with some of the best episodes of all time. I might even say that Scott and Jason are a better duo than Scott and Harris!

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Cast No Engine posted:

Pretty sure it's off the second Lonely Island album.

It's actually from the JP Incorporated album An Album of Distinction, which is a collection of commercials/television jingles for things that don't exist.

Until I start production on that Jazzbot Exxxtreme TV pilot, that is. :colbert:

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Cast No Engine posted:

This past episode was a killer, I'd put it up there with some of the best episodes of all time. I might even say that Scott and Jason are a better duo than Scott and Harris!

Blasphemy! They are pretty great together though. It's really interesting how the dynamics shift based on the personalities. Like, when Harris is on the show he catches poo poo from Scott all the time and when Jason is on Scott shifts into that position.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
So Scott has mentioned a few times he's taping/taped a podcast at SXSW. Recently James Adomian tagged this pic with "Comedy Bang Bang":

That's Seth Morris on the left (Bob Ducca ect.), then Reggie and Adomian.

If that's the line-up for the next podcast, that pretty much ensures we're getting another amazing episode. :allears:

...unless it's a premium episode.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Seth Morris looks exactly the way I imagine Bob Ducca would. Wow.

Also, they likely will be premium episodes. Not sure if I'll buy them if they don't have Paul F. Tompkins.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Oh, I'll buy 'em. I'll buy 'em all (and post something if they're too lovely to buy). :)

This is what Morris looks like when he performs Bob Ducca at UCB:

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Seth Morris looks uncannily like Ben Bailey, the Cash Cab guy

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

dancehall posted:

There is no better character. :colbert: that was my favorite Daly appearance

His stand-up as Paddy is great too. Probably the best bit on his album.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

Seth Morris is super tall, it's weird

Behold! A Elk!
May 12, 2009
There is this guy at my new job who is pretty much Bob Ducca. It is surreal. Every day he has a new story about one of his various pains and ailments. The last shift I had with him he told me about the meditative retreat he went on and his supplement regiment.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Behold! A Elk! posted:

There is this guy at my new job who is pretty much Bob Ducca. It is surreal. Every day he has a new story about one of his various pains and ailments. The last shift I had with him he told me about the meditative retreat he went on and his supplement regiment.
So you're Kevin gently caress?

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Behold! A Elk! posted:

Iron Butterfly Tablets

Skin Mag-nesium Capsulses

Vitamin D

Vitamin B

Vitamin Abe Vigoda

Fish Oil

Phish Oil

Phil Fish Oil

SousaphoneColossus
Feb 16, 2004

There are a million reasons to ruin things.
I always pictured Bob Ducca as looking like the Jump to Concusions mat guy from Office Space. It's dumb but I can't help but feel a little let down.

Behold! A Elk!
May 12, 2009
My personal ducca-like basically looks like him with a touch of my abusive ex-stepfather (and bringing that up probably means he is rubbing off on me).

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

plastered quack posted:

This is what Morris looks like when he performs Bob Ducca at UCB:

I can't stop laughing at this picture

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Speaking of Bob Ducca, I haven't heard any Affirmation Nation. Are there any really good episodes to start with?

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

LesterGroans posted:

Speaking of Bob Ducca, I haven't heard any Affirmation Nation. Are there any really good episodes to start with?

They're all enjoyable but this one is the best.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

They're all bar one only a couple minutes long. Just go from the earliest. You might find yourself just barging through the lot.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Mar 18, 2012

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

It weirds me out that he talks a lot faster in AN, I don't like it as much

Behold! A Elk!
May 12, 2009
I think its just to balance the tone and pacing. On AN he doesn't have a normal speed straight man to fill in the slow talk.

Z.S. Ghost
Jan 1, 2008

Odd Fire Wolf Gang
I'm somewhat disappointed Chip Gardner didn't show up in the cavalcade of suicides, but that eight-minute stretch was among my favorite moments all-time on this show.

dancehall
Sep 28, 2001

You say you want a revolution

RandolphCarter posted:

They're all enjoyable but this one is the best.

I gotta go with this old one http://www.earwolf.com/episode/bathtub-safety/

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

My names Rappin' Scott and I'm here to say,
It's fun to rap in a Texas way,
It's fun comin' to Texas where every things bigger,
Bob Ducca just said a word I don't wanna repeat.

ohshititsric
Jul 17, 2009
I'm actually kinda disappointed at the Bob Ducca plot twist. I really liked that aspect of the Ducca Lore.

His marriage to Scott's mom wasn't legal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Is Ducca is a fictional character or is he based on a guy who really was married to Scott's mom?