Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I lol'd

PFT Poster posted:

This rule isn’t what’s holding BUSTford back, it’s the fact that he’s a noodle-armed Big 12 system QB from Jokelahoma. The dude’s name is literally an anagram for “Badd for Rams”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Ozu posted:

I lol'd

This post is in direct violation of at least three Ram's Rules!!! Grandma lady and Elvis guy will mete out their own form of brutal justice.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Ozu posted:

I lol'd
@AdamSchefter St. Louis Rams have changed team name to "Badd For Rams"

Iodised QQ
Jul 23, 2004

this whole article and comments below are pure Tebow gold.

http://www.gazette.com/opinion/tebow-135215-nfl-manning.html

First, the title: Tebow, a better bet than Manning

it goes on to talk about how through their first 16 starts, Tebow compares favorably to Peyton and a bunch of other great QBs and how the Broncos should probably just rely on Tebow going forward.

But the comments are the best part:

quote:

What you have to understand is that the mainstream media absolutely HATES Timmy for one reason and one reason only. It's because he's such a huge spokesperson, on a very large pedestal, for Christianity. The mainstream media is owned, in it's entirety, by Zionist Jews and there is nothing in the world they hate more than Christianity. If Tim Tebow were not an outspoken Christian, the media would be in love with him and praising him like there's no tomorrow.

After getting called out for being a bigot, he fires back:

quote:

Chico Gonzalez I hate to tell you Chico but it is a fact that the media is owned by Zionist Jews. Look it up. It's all public information. No conspiracy theory in that statement. Just cold hard facts. And calling me a bigot is laughable at best considering my last girlfriend was a Jew, I'm part Native American Indian, some of my very best friends are either black, gay, Jewish, Muslim, or Arab, and I prefer Latin women over most any others. I do hate Zionists but not all Jews are Zionists and not all Zionists are Jews. Of course...I wouldn't expect you to understand that.

I have never seen someone successfully pull the "my best friends are x and y" card ever, but it's adorable to see people keep doing it :allears:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
That guys facebook is a motha fuckin RAINBOW! He can't be racist!

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Of course the Rothschilds are behind this evil Anti-Tim plot. :tinfoil:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
This man was quoting a poster who said "Honestly, I just have a problem with the negative attention that Brandon Marshall brings with him, plus the moral dilemma about his victims typically being women" (more or less) when someone asked why anyone cares about a player off the field.

StuartE;1064245452 posted:

LOL at this post. We are not trying to win humanitarian awards here. Trying to win games. I dont give two **** s about the women he hit. She was probably out of line. Should have just taken the PR hit, it doesnt matter.

She was probably out of line

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

I was under the impression that the media loves Tebow.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Sash! posted:

The media loves talking about Tebow and the meaning of Tebow and what Tebow stands for and if there's a Tebow backlash or if there's a backlash to the Tebow backlash or if Tebow is good for the NFL or whether Tebow will Tebow the Tebow on the Tebow Christianity kneeling SEC football baby penis.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

Sash! posted:

It's a ruse.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Menamino posted:

this whole article and comments below are pure Tebow gold.

http://www.gazette.com/opinion/tebow-135215-nfl-manning.html

First, the title: Tebow, a better bet than Manning

it goes on to talk about how through their first 16 starts, Tebow compares favorably to Peyton and a bunch of other great QBs and how the Broncos should probably just rely on Tebow going forward.

But the comments are the best part:

After getting called out for being a bigot, he fires back:

I have never seen someone successfully pull the "my best friends are x and y" card ever, but it's adorable to see people keep doing it :allears:

"and I prefer Latin women over most any others"

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Menamino posted:

One of the signature feints of white supremacist types who get called on their racism is for them to assert that they are 1/64 Kickapoo or 1/32 Navajo and therefore can't be racist.

Nice to see this guy keepin' it real.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

FMguru posted:

One of the signature feints of white supremacist types who get called on their racism is for them to assert that they are 1/64 Kickapoo or 1/32 Navajo and therefore can't be racist.

black people can't hate black people.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

FMguru posted:

Hi, I'm Erhard Milch. I can't be a Nazi. I'm a Jew!

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go be effectively second in command of the Luftwaffe!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Next time I see Sophia post Im going to "forum backhand" her, because she's getting pretty out of line lately

McKracken
Jun 17, 2005

Lets go for a run!

Crazy685 posted:

She was probably out of line

People like that dude are the reason Perrish Cox isn't in a cell right now.

Sophia
Apr 16, 2003

The heart wants what the heart wants.

Crazy685 posted:

Next time I see Sophia post Im going to "forum backhand" her, because she's getting pretty out of line lately

Lining up my white knights already, sucker. Female subjugation cuts both ways!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Sophia posted:

Lining up my white knights already, sucker. Female subjugation cuts both ways!

LARGE THE HEAD
Sep 1, 2009

"Competitive greatness is when you play your best against the best."

"Learn as if you were to live forever; live as if you were to die tomorrow."

--John Wooden
Oh this is just a GEM...

quote:

Call me whatever you want but why are PUBLICLY FINANCED institutions providing free educations to anyone other than US citizens? If there is a program for even exchanging, then OK. There are plenty of available and talented football playing student citizens who should benefit from scholarships from tax payer funded universities. Private ones can do whatever they want.

From here, of all places.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
http://espn.go.com/nfl/conversations/_/id/7709195/2012-nfl-free-agency-peyton-manning-picks-denver-broncos-tim-tebow-traded

The comments here are pretty awesome.

quote:

its sad when tebow truly had his first rookie season this year and did incredibly well. its sad that elway blew smoke up everyones $@% telling us how he was going to evolve tebow and shape him to be denvers quarterback and was commited to him. its wrong and shouldnt be allowed in the nfl. tebow will perform whether it be 4th quarter games or not a win is a win and he won big games last year. talented quearterback who hasnt even gotten his feet yet. ellway will be sorry. absolutely disgusted. peyton should have more respect for a fellow quarterback and a rookie who showed immense promise.less

quote:

I love the Tebow hate It's pathetic and enjoyable at the same time. He wins, and will proceed to do so elsewhere. Can you say 12-4 Browns playoffs

quote:

$@%! the Broncos. Tebow for president. Tebow > Manning

quote:

I don't mind Manning becoming a Bronco. Just don't bring that g ay a ss "Manning Rules" with you in that if he throws an incompletion there must of been CB holding, or if you touch his hair its ruffing the passer. We play man football here on the west coast leave that g ay s hit on the east coast.
And those are just from skimming.

McKracken
Jun 17, 2005

Lets go for a run!
JUST WINS GAMES

If you seriously believed Elway was content with a QB who completed 46% of his passes and had zero pocket awareness you are real dumb.

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
Apparently a couple of the guys posting on that Tebow article are making people really mad.

Ian_is_jacked off by Ryan Smith posted:

~~~~~~▄▌▐▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▌
~~~▄▄██▌█ ░░░░▐Ian's butt streching device to prepare
▄▄▄▌▐██▌█ ░▐ for Ryan's pringles can
███████▌█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▌
▀(@)▀▀▀▀▀▀▀(@)(@)▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀(@)(@)▀▀▘

Martian Buddy
Jun 4, 2010

Are you ready to swear
right here,
right now,
before the devil
It's cute that he thinks Tebow is going to the Browns. :allears:

Even Tebow has better sense than that.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

How pissed off do you think John Elway, one of the top five QBs of ALL TIME, gets when people don't understand why he doesn't just blindly love Tebow and ignore his lovely skills? Its like "Pfff, what does John Elway know about playing quarterback?"

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Do sportswriters on Twitter count?

@AdamSchefter
So now Peyton Manning and John Elway have followed a strikingly similar career path. Each has gone from the Colts to the Broncos.

One was drafted by the Colts, demanded a trade and never played a down for them before going on to play his entire career with the Broncos, finishing with two Super Bowl wins. The other was drafted by the Colts and continued to play with that team until this year until being sidelined with a sever neck injury. Strikingly similar. :pwn:

Edit: nevermind

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Mar 20, 2012

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Quiet Feet posted:

Do sportswriters on Twitter count?

@AdamSchefter
So now Peyton Manning and John Elway have followed a strikingly similar career path. Each has gone from the Colts to the Broncos.

One was drafted by the Colts, demanded a trade and never played a down for them before going on to play his entire career with the Broncos, finishing with two Super Bowl wins. The other was drafted by the Colts and continued to play with that team until this year until being sidelined with a sever neck injury. Strikingly similar. :pwn:

Also, Peyton's secretary's last name is Elway, and Elway's secretary's last name is Manning!

Sophia
Apr 16, 2003

The heart wants what the heart wants.

Quiet Feet posted:

a sever neck injury.

A typo... or a prediction? You be the judge.

You know who else had strikingly similar career paths? Ronald Reagan and Richard Nixon. They both went from California to Washington. Think about it.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Sophia posted:

A typo... or a prediction? You be the judge.

You know who else had strikingly similar career paths? Ronald Reagan and Richard Nixon. They both went from California to Washington. Think about it.

Stan Humphries did the exact opposite! Coincidence? Ha! I bet if we draw a straight line between Washington and San Diego on a map it'll prove that there's a straight line between Washington and San Diego! :tinfoil:

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Is there where we post jilted Tebow fans?

quote:

It makes me sick. Tebow worked so hard to take the team to the playoffs and he got stabbed in the back by my hero John Benedict Arnold Elway. Yes Payton is a hall of famer but Tebow made us all believe maybe god did love the good guy for once. Bronco fan for 28 yrs and now a sad fan.. God Speed Tim!

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Ozu posted:

Is there where we post jilted Tebow fans?

How would Peyton Manning not qualify as a "good guy"? Does he have a string of illegitimate children/murdered prostitutes I don't know about?

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

haljordan posted:

How would Peyton Manning not qualify as a "good guy"? Does he have a string of illegitimate children/murdered prostitutes I don't know about?

In Christian fundie thought "not a good guy" = not overtly Christian.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
~~~~~~▄▌▐▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▌
~~~▄▄██▌█ ░░░░▐Elway's butt streching device to prepare
▄▄▄▌▐██▌█ ░▐ for Manning's pringles can
███████▌█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▌
▀(@)▀▀▀▀▀▀▀(@)(@)▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀(@)(@)▀▀▘

There, I wanted to make this a thing. Let this now be a thing on TFF.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

haljordan posted:

Eli is secretly really his son. They just raised him as his brother to avoid the scandal.

Martian Buddy
Jun 4, 2010

Are you ready to swear
right here,
right now,
before the devil

hcreight posted:

In Christian fundie thought "not a good guy" = not overtly Christian.

"Not a Good Guy" = Not Tebow.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
Minor dumbness from another article about Tebow.

quote:

Someone from ESPN said that one of the things Peyton said is that Tebow has to go if he came to Denver. Is he that jealous of Tebow? Is his ego really that big? See how big he is when he's sitting in a Hover-Around watching Tebow taking Jacksonville to the Super Bowl !

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Morby posted:

Of course Jacksonville is going to need someone to replace MJD when he finally gets ground down into dust.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Morby posted:

OK, that makes no sense. Manning is 11 years older than Tebow. So, obviously, he'll retire before him. But, if he's watching Tebow play while sitting in a Hoveround, that means Tebow is still playing in the NFL at age 70.

Unless he thinks Manning will somehow become paralyzed within the next few years while playing for Denver, which is also pretty ludicrous.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Mar 21, 2012

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

haljordan posted:

OK, that makes no sense. Manning is 11 years older than Tebow. So, obviously, he'll retire before him. But, if he's watching Tebow play while sitting in a Hoveround, that means Tebow is still playing in the NFL at age 70.

Unless he thinks Manning will somehow become paralyzed within the next few years while playing for Denver, which is also pretty ludicrous.

Or probable given his history of spinal injuries.

HeroOfTheRevolution
Apr 26, 2008

This is all getting absurd. The main reason that people do not like Tebow is because he is a professing Christian and that makes people uncomfortable. That makes people mock him. He isn't going around the league baptizing people. He just states his beliefs about his faith as part of his dealing with his Lord. Many stars do. A lot of African American stars make a point of their belief. Funny, I don't see them mocked.

If he was practicing the religion of Islam and he was mocked by the media, some players or fans, the ACLU would drive a bulldozer up your annal cavity!

Baseball stars throw praise to the heavens for a good hit or homerun. Nobody beats on them. I see this every game.

Troy Polamalu says a prayer prior to and after every tackle and play he is in. How come the media and fans don't mock him? Everyone see's it. How come fans aren't asking Goodell to ban Troy from his outward expression of faith. How dare he do that in front of a very cynical world comprised of great ACLU atheists!!!!

NASCAR has many stars. Prayers for the drivers, crews and fans are said prior to every race by a chaplain or minister......on national TV. There are 75 million NASCAR fans in this country and they have a higher per capita earning and education level than the NFL fans....shocked?...I was too. Sorry, it is a fact. The redneck monicker ended about twenty years ago. It is now extremely corporate driven. I met Ty Law and Jerome Bettis.....at a NASCAR race. So do not say they pray there because they are stupid or redneck. Most NASCAR races are no longer raced in the Southeast. Yet proclamations of faith are still active is my point.

I know it is cool to criticize people who have faith and wear it. I wish I could be as brave as Tebow or some athletes. There are some who actually believe they are blessed to be doing what they are doing. Even Brady does. Where are the torches and pitchforks.

As far as his QB skills:
How many games did Manning win the first year as the starting QB for the Colts? 3 versus 13 losses. Tebow won six in a row and got 8 wins, unconventionally I agree, but he won and got the Broncos the Division. Isn't judging a 23 year old kid after his first starting season as the worst QB in the history on the NFL a little premature? How many passes did TB make in his first year as a starter. Minimal at best.

If Tebow can start for an NFL Team for 14 years like Manning, let's judge his prowess then. He will win, we all agree with that. Will it be pretty? Maybe not but at 23 and in his first full season as a starter, he was not that bad as far as success. Ever see Mike Vick throw his first years with the Falcons? Give the kid a few years to learn defenses and reads. It was outrageous what Hodge said about him. The kid is genuine in his convictions and needs to grow as a QB.

The Pats had a QB here many years ago they got from the Vikes after he won a bit for them. His name was Joe Kapp. His passes were ridiculous.

The best pure passer in the NFL of all time might have been Jeff George. The man threw BBs. Had measurable too. What did he do?

Elway hates this kid. His success caused Elway grief. Failure would have been better. It was not the Elway QB type. Manning is.

Someone mentioned this today. I am adding. John Elway, Pat Bowlen and Peyton Manning should have another press conference today with Tim Tebow. On that stage the ought to pull Tim Tebow's khakis down and all three kiss his beasshind. It was said if Tebow doesn't make the Broncos relevant last year with the potential of success, Mr. Manning is playing in Miami or AZ! Tebow made the Manning deal possible.

Manning should give Mr. Tim "Can't be an NFL QB even if this was my first year and I beat Mannings first year and did not look any worse than Mike Vick" Tebow a big piece of that 96 million dollars.

I don't know why but even if the Pats do not get the kid, BB sees the quality of Tebow as a football player and evaluated him as a QB and he is smarter than most on WEEI or 98.5, ESPN and the NFLN.

This kid did not kill animals, get in a shoot out, cause a bar fight, poop in someones clothes hamper, try to run over a meter maid, sell drugs on the side, go to Canada to pick up Oxicoten, make it rain, start a bounty program or be as stupid as Jerry Porter. He won games as painful as it looked. I saw him throw some frozen ropes for completions so his arm seems intact. He is basically a rookie.

There are some other pretty unappealing QBs out there. After 4 years as a starter, you want Sanchez or Tebow? NY is not doing this as a novelty. This IS competition. Think of it this way, they are all in on Sanchez, They bring in Tebow and he wins the job, Rex and Tanny save face because the Sanchez experiment failure is on the back page as far as news. Actually genius for them. Sanchez doesn't have the leadership ability to lead a cub scout pack.

Tavaris Jackson? ....Please! McCoy? they want to dump him and he's got three years. Grossman started last year. He was superb...ya. Kolb and the beloved Matt Cassel are not sure things. Even in his first full year and knowing what he does, I consider Tebow before those two.

Offensively no one ever makes note that the Broncos offense was mediocre to begin with last year. Yet they won with him. Defense helps I know, but he was still the driver.
DW Toys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

I don't care if the Jets quarterback is a practicing Satanist who kills puppies during halftime JUST WIN ME A GODDAMN SUPERBOWL.

quote:

Manning should give Mr. Tim "Can't be an NFL QB even if this was my first year and I beat Mannings first year and did not look any worse than Mike Vick" Tebow a big piece of that 96 million dollars.

Best part of the post right there.

• Locked thread