Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

zenintrude posted:

The Engrishy tagline is more damning than any of the Photoshopping...

"In seventies, no one could have expected a swedish band to conquer the world"

Hahahaha you're totally right! Let's point and laugh at the non-native speaker of English!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Ah, that makes sense. Yeah, I'd probably see that movie.

What, "Underslung Shotgun"? That is a pretty good title, but I'd have to see who's directing before committing to it. It sounds like a war flick, but somehow in the "quirky indie" genre.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

TetsuoTW posted:

Hahahaha you're totally right! Let's point and laugh at the non-native speaker of English!

It's not point and laugh, but when you are on design and want to be a professional you have to be very careful when it comes to grammar. It's very essential and it can destroy your beautiful work completely.

And I'll stand and say, there is no excuse. We can find several tools to help us out with our bad English. We can even ask a native speaker of English, we don't live in then 80's anymore. :colbert:

Content:

There is some simplicity in this one, and I like it:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

TetsuoTW posted:

Based on the non-native English I think this is the same guy.

VVVVV Thanks!! VVVV

zoux fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Mar 16, 2012

westborn
Feb 25, 2010

zoux posted:

(I've been having this problem lately where I can't get inline images to show up, can anyone else see an inline image in this post?)
The url inside your img-tags links to the imgur-page with the image on it, not the image itself.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
This is a pretty cool Gremlins 2 poster.

Shame about the tagline though.

Parachute
May 18, 2003

Dissapointed Owl posted:

I think that was the tagline in the original, if I'm not mistaken. I love that poster, and definitely the original as well.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.

Dissapointed Owl posted:

That was the original tagline. The original poster's pretty awesome too, though:

In newspapers, they used much different artwork:

They also had a special July 4th newspaper ad:

The first "Gremlins" had quite a few 'special' ads as well:

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Robert Denby posted:

That was the original tagline. The original poster's pretty awesome too, though:

In newspapers, they used much different artwork:

They also had a special July 4th newspaper ad:

The first "Gremlins" had quite a few 'special' ads as well:

All those are great. What's a nice touch is they tell you that the tone of the movie is a lot different than the first one. I am still amazed by Gremlins 2 for being pretty much a parody of the first one without tarnishing the first one at all. Both movies are great a the individual level.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Both the Gremlins movies are fantastic in their own right. The direction they took the sequel in was pretty ballsy and it worked out great.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

kiimo posted:

And I would love to watch this...

Looks more like a live-action adaptation of Geri's Game.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Robert Denby posted:

Gremlins!

I hope someone made a lot of money off that marketing campaign.

EDIT: Can someone tell me where to get the Japanese Avengers poster? Feel free to tell me what bad taste I have in posters.

EDIT 2: What do people think of the Spider-Man movie poster with the reflection of the World Trade Center? I always really liked that one a lot.

Open Marriage Night fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Mar 18, 2012

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010
Thousand Words, most uncanny valley poster of the year

sockpuppetclock fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Mar 18, 2012

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Die Laughing posted:

I hope someone made a lot of money off that marketing campaign.

EDIT: Can someone tell me where to get the Japanese Avengers poster? Feel free to tell me what bad taste I have in posters.

Holy poo poo. You do have bad taste!

quote:

EDIT 2: What do people think of the Spider-Man movie poster with the reflection of the World Trade Center? I always really liked that one a lot.
I liked it too. Was the twin towers scene ever made?

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Desperado Bones posted:

Holy poo poo. You do have bad taste!

IWatchStuff Movie Blog posted:

See? Samuel L. Jackson has his head raised slightly now. He is a superhero. The end.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Desperado Bones posted:

I liked it too. Was the twin towers scene ever made?

It was in the early teasers, actually.

Warning: watching that will remind you how awkward and clunky CGI was in 2001.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I like the concept of the Japanese Avengers poster, but the execution is pretty piss poor.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

TheJoker138 posted:

I like the concept of the Japanese Avengers poster, but the execution is pretty piss poor.

Agree with this. It's a neat concept and one that they could have done something a lot better with.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Wolfsheim posted:

Looks about as clunky as the CGI in the first person trailer for the new Spider-Man.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Madkal posted:

Agree with this. It's a neat concept and one that they could have done something a lot better with.

It seems like they did it all in a hurry,or really didn't know what to do with it.

VV drat, those Nokia cellphones,many were heavy as a brick. Oooo,old times, that trailer brought me a lot of nerdy memories.

Desperado Bones fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Mar 18, 2012

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Wolfsheim posted:

The CGI looked to be about on par with what was in the actual movie. If anything, I found the cellphone in that to be far more amusing. That Nokia clunker was cutting edge in 2001.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

SRM posted:

Looks about as clunky as the CGI in the first person trailer for the new Spider-Man.

The game they stole the entire look and feel of that trailer from (Mirror's Edge) looks more realistic than that trailer does.

The Triumphant
Sep 2, 2011

Yeah, I've seen Robocop. Bitches, leave.

SATURNS SON EATER posted:

The game they stole the entire look and feel of that trailer from (Mirror's Edge) looks more realistic than that trailer does.

What's really damning is that it looks like their movie might honestly be worse than Mirror's Edge.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

The bank robbery looked really cheap and I have no idea why they made it look like a Werther's Original commercial.

westborn
Feb 25, 2010

Wolfsheim posted:

It's not so much just in the teaser as it is the teaser. I'm pretty sure there was never supposed to be a WTC scene (or at least not that one) in the movie itself and the whole thing was made as a very early stand-alone teaser, and that's why...

Vagabundo posted:

The bank robbery looked really cheap

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

victorious posted:

Maybe going slightly off-topic, but using the image data off letterboxd.com and some quick copy/pasting, I made a couple of wallpapers using the posters for all the movies I'd logged on the site. There's probably websites that do this for you, but I thought I'd kill some time.

(Also I'm plugging letterboxd.com because it's a cool site)

Well, I'm on Letterboxd.com, and it's awesome - but it's apparent I'd have to create such a wallpaper myself, unless... ?

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

The Triumphant posted:

What's really damning is that it looks like their movie might honestly be worse than Mirror's Edge.

Are we talking about the same Mirrors Edge, the highly enjoyable and critically acclaimed game?

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

westborn posted:

It's not so much just in the teaser as it is the teaser. I'm pretty sure there was never supposed to be a WTC scene (or at least not that one) in the movie itself and the whole thing was made as a very early stand-alone teaser, and that's why...

Yeah, the teaser was shot separately from the rest of the film, although I think I remember hearing that the climax of the movie was originally going to take place on top of the World Trade Center (which was definitely the case for Men in Black 2).

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Max22 posted:

Yeah, the teaser was shot separately from the rest of the film, although I think I remember hearing that the climax of the movie was originally going to take place on top of the World Trade Center (which was definitely the case for Men in Black 2).

The WTC ending was in the James Cameron script, I believe, not any of the ones after he left and Raimi got on board. I think it's where Spidey and Arnold as Doc Ock were supposed to have their final show down.

The Triumphant
Sep 2, 2011

jojoinnit posted:

Are we talking about the same Mirrors Edge, the highly enjoyable and critically acclaimed game?

drat, it always surprises me to remember that Mirror's Edge actually got good reviews. For me it was just trial-and-error quicktime event gameplay interspersed with terribly-written anime cutscenes.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The Triumphant posted:

drat, it always surprises me to remember that Mirror's Edge actually got good reviews. For me it was just trial-and-error quicktime event gameplay interspersed with terribly-written anime cutscenes.

I don't think you know what quicktime events are, because Mirror's Edge had no QTEs.

Role Play McMurphy
Jul 15, 2010
Apparently he thinks gameplay that requires well-timed button pushing is a quicktime event, aka every game ever.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Stupid Pac-Man with its drat QTEs!

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Mirror's Edge is a fantastic game with great music, great art design, and an amazingly dumb storyline.

The Triumphant
Sep 2, 2011

Role Play McMurphy posted:

Apparently he thinks gameplay that requires well-timed button pushing is a quicktime event, aka every game ever.

I was using it to refer to the fact that Mirror's Edge was extremely linear and repetitive, gave the player very little agency, and basically boiled down to trial-and-error gameplay of hitting the jump button at exactly the right time. It didn't have literal quicktime events but you could replace 80% of the game with them and it would have made very little difference.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Are you sure you have the right game in mind?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

The Triumphant posted:

I was using it to refer to the fact that Mirror's Edge was extremely linear and repetitive, gave the player very little agency, and basically boiled down to trial-and-error gameplay of hitting the jump button at exactly the right time. It didn't have literal quicktime events but you could replace 80% of the game with them and it would have made very little difference.

Doom is extremely linear, repetitive, gives the player very little agency, and basically boils down to trial-and error gameplay of hitting the shoot button at exactly the right time.

Pac-Man is extremely linear, repetitive, gives the player very little agency, and basically boils down to trial-and error gameplay of hitting the direction button at exactly the right time.

God of War is extremely linear, repetitive, gives the player very little agency, and basically boils down to trial-and error gameplay of hitting the attack and jump buttons at exactly the right time.

I could keep going, if you'd like. Just say you didn't like the game, dude. Hell, I never even finished Mirror's Edge because I got to a jumping puzzle that I had no loving idea how to finish and quit. No one will mind if it wasn't your thing, but none of those criticisms aren't true of a ton video games, right down to kind of being what video games, on the whole, are.

The Triumphant
Sep 2, 2011

TheJoker138 posted:

I could keep going, if you'd like. Just say you didn't like the game, dude. Hell, I never even finished Mirror's Edge because I got to a jumping puzzle that I had no loving idea how to finish and quit. No one will mind if it wasn't your thing, but none of those criticisms aren't true of a ton video games, right down to kind of being what video games, on the whole, are.

I did say I didn't like the game and started by saying that I recognize the issues I had weren't issues to a lot of people-- I'm not trying to convince people it was bad, just explaining why I, personally, had so little fun with it.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
Forgot to refresh and now I just look like a dick. Nevermind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
Awesome (loving retarded) video game derail, bros!

I have no idea what this movie is about, but I like to imagine it's about some Soviet super bad-rear end who builds railways with his fists for mother Russia.