Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Bucs fan on how he feels about signing three big FAs and then nothing happening for a week or so:

quote:

Imagine two families that live next door to each other in the exact same type of house. Each father in the house works at the same job and makes exactly the same money. In fact, imagine a neighborhood street of 32 homes all lined up. All full of fathers working at the same business, making the exact same money.

Most of the Dads make sure their kids eat really nice meals every day, all year long. Why? Because they can afford it and want the best for their kids. In fact, some of the Dads go the extra mile and have finely prepared, healthy meals for the kids. These Dads really want their kids to succeed and excel.

But then we have the Dad who has gone several years feeding his kids nothing but McDonalds. His kids are fat, slow and out of shape. The Dad uses all the money he saves on his little fat and out of shape kids and spends it on his other family - who just happen to live in England in a really shiny palace.

Word starts getting out that this Dad is a cheap-o. His kids are performing abysmally in school, they are lethargic, getting horrible grades, and fat as hell. Pressure starts to mount on the Dad to start taking better care of his kids. So what does he do - he decides he is going to go out and buy his kids dinner at Bern's Steak House!!! They can order anything they want off the menu - and he orders 3 of the nicest, most expensive steaks in the house.

After dinner - he looks at his kids and says: "Well, I hope you enjoyed that, because I am done. It is back to McDonalds for you."

And he signs the check, does not leave a tip, and drives the kids home.

After several days of more McDonalds meals -- finally the school counselor calls and explains how much more help these kids need. They are in trouble. And the Dad responds: "Jesus Christ, I took them to Berns and bought them the 3 best meals in the entire place. What more do you want?"

Seriously, what more do you want from me???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

haljordan posted:

Best part of the post right there.

I like how he just sort of trails off on why people hate on Tebow's religious expressions but not other players'. is it because they are black? because they drive cars? because they...hit dingers? it's not clear what his thesis is.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

quote:

I do not see Tebow ever falling away from his mission. Like all of us, his life is a gift from God, but how many can say that their doctor wanted their mother to abort them? She refused, and Tim is the result.

If it were not for his mothers devotion to God Tim would not exist today as a top NFL QB. Tim knows that God has a plan for him, I cannot see him faltering under the pressure that living in NY brings to so many.

I really wonder if NY is prepared for what is coming. Now while I am convinced he is ready, I will still keep him in my prayers. Plus, for those who are not already acquainted with the evil that is the NY media, next season they will get a goof look at it first hand. Mark my words, Satan will come after him like he has never came after an athlete in NY before, because Tim was supposed to be aborted. Let us all keep Tim in our prayers.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

MindlessHavok posted:

Bucs fan on how he feels about signing three big FAs and then nothing happening for a week or so:

This isn't a horrible football post at all because it is exactly how I feel :(

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Ozu posted:

There's a guy with the last name 'Satan' in the NHL, why can't one play for the NFL already?

Martian Buddy
Jun 4, 2010

Are you ready to swear
right here,
right now,
before the devil
Just a dash of stupid from the always great NFL.com, on an article on why Matt Flynn picked Seattle over Miami:

finfan845 posted:

For everyone crying about Ireland.... take the time adn look at what the team was when he took over, and look at where it is now. Then talk...

Big Jay Cutler
Sep 2, 2011

IT'S ME

Cole posted:

This isn't a horrible football post at all because it is exactly how I feel :(

If they bought steaks instead of McDoubles every day, they'd be fat, slow and poor. They need to draft a salad

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

From an ESPN live chat session:

quote:

MICHAEL (NYC)

Two football factories USC & Florida, yet questionably Rex Grossman has been the most successful pro quarterback! Now the Jets have one from each school. Insanity is said to be doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Has anybody not yet learned? How do you explain this?

:psyduck:

Rex Grossman apparently has been more successful than Carson Palmer. (and that just scratches the surface of what's wrong with this comment)

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

No Safe Word posted:

Rex Grossman apparently has been more successful than Carson Palmer. (and that just scratches the surface of what's wrong with this comment)

Rex Grossman, Super Bowl participant.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

No Safe Word posted:

Maybe he meant out of Florida?

I mean I guess Spurrier was a decent punter but...

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Kicker, not punter. How DARE you :mad:

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

I know I know this isn't for dredging up old stupid posts but I got in my time machine and looked at a comment from just before the 2009 draft on an old Texans blog where they were doing a mock draft via community votes:

quote:

can someone tell me why everyone wants detroit to take stafford, when every scout has sanchez ranked as a better qb due to his accuracy, his quick read ability and overall talent?

by ThirteenFox on Apr 2, 2009 10:34 AM CDT

No Safe Word fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Mar 22, 2012

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

No Safe Word posted:

I know I know this isn't for dredging up old stupid posts but I got in my time machine and looked at a comment from just before the 2009 draft on an old Texans blog where they were doing a mock draft via community votes:
You don't need to dredge too hard. Mike Mayock had Sanchez rated higher than Stafford.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?confirm=true&id=09000d5d80dff358&template=with-video-with-comments

HeroOfTheRevolution
Apr 26, 2008

Boston College and Purdue produce the best pro quarterbacks. Where my Purdue buddies at :smug:

Sophia
Apr 16, 2003

The heart wants what the heart wants.
Curtis Painter, NFL Waterboy

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GBlkz8yPvc

quote:

Everyone hates on Sanchez cus he's Mexican. He doesn't have any running game and his OC sucked dick.. book this , put Sanchez as QB of the Patriots and he'd be as good as Brady. I'd trade alex smith for Sanchez and guarantee he'd make it to the superbowl

quote:

i must be high "tebow will give ny jets the best shot @ winning the super bowl since joe " skip has lost his mind coz no team will ever win a superbowl with a qb with tebow qualities as 4 jets they r just a joke, i hate sanchez but id take any day against tebow.#eaglefan

quote:

why is no one stating the obvious????? Tebow is gay. And there's no problem with that, but it's so obvious.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

yeah but that second dude is extremely correct

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D

DeimosRising posted:

yeah but that second dude is extremely correct

I just thought it was funny the way he articulated the whole thing. And from now on I am going to hashtag my posts.#bucsfan.

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Why do people take Skip Bayless seriously ever? Hasn't he basically admitted to being a sports troll?
#bearsfan

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

HeroOfTheRevolution posted:

Boston College and Purdue produce the best pro quarterbacks. Where my Purdue buddies at :smug:

Yeah Peyton went to those places.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Crazy685 posted:

Kicker, not punter. How DARE you :mad:

wikipedia posted:

National Football League
The San Francisco 49ers selected Spurrier in the first round (third pick overall) of the 1967 NFL Draft.[8] Spurrier played for the 49ers for nine seasons, mostly as a punter and backup quarterback to John Brodie, before being traded to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers expansion team for his final NFL season in 1976.[9] He played his best game as an NFL quarterback against the Minnesota Vikings in 1973, when he completed 31 of 48 pass attempts for 320 yards.[6] During his 10-year NFL career, Spurrier played in 106 games, completing 597 passes in 1,151 attempts, for a total of 6,878 yards and forty touchdowns.[10]

:colbert:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Holy poo poo Spurrier punted in the pros? I was talking college when he made that game winning FG after Florida's kicker said he couldn't make (a 50 yarder or something). That's awesome.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

This person is apparently disappointed that the NFL doesn't structure its offseason for maximum ring smugness.

quote:

NFL Makes it Hard to Enjoy a Super Bowl Win for Long

The NFL really goes out of its way to move on. As fans, there is what a 2 week period after the Super Bowl before the league starts to cannibalize itself with news. Free agency, Peyton 24/7, penalties for bounties, the draft, Tebow, penalties for salary cap cheaters, the draft, when does the schedule come out, comp picks etc etc. There is always something new. I guess its great for the 31 teams that didn't win so that they can start gearing up for next year, but drat let me have a few months to enjoy the win. Case in point, I was out watching NCAA games on Friday night with some friends and the Super Bowl was mentioned for like 2 minutes and then they were off to free agency discussion and how the Giants lost 5 starters and the Cowboys signed 8 guys and the 49ers are the team to beat and it was like December through February never happened. Back when the Giants won in 86 it seemed like I was able to razz Redskins fans for 3 - 4 months before the page got turned. Now its down to a few weeks.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
If you can't max out your ring smugness for months and years on end, it's your fault, not the NFL's.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Martian Buddy posted:

Just a dash of stupid from the always great NFL.com, on an article on why Matt Flynn picked Seattle over Miami:

The team was 1-15 when he took over and in danger of falling into a Detroit Lions style hole and now they're mediocre and that's partly because of underachieving because of coaching. That's not a bad point.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Catfish Noodlin posted:

The team was 1-15 when he took over and in danger of falling into a Detroit Lions style hole and now they're mediocre and that's partly because of underachieving because of coaching. That's not a bad point.

People forget just how void of talent that entire team was. Now Miami has a pretty good nucleus of talent but can't seem to put it together.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Catfish Noodlin posted:

Chad Pennington was robbed of that MVP award.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Corzaa posted:

Chad Pennington was robbed of that MVP award.

It's just as well. He probably couldn't have lifted the trophy over his head anyways at the award ceremony.

haljordan fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Mar 28, 2012

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

haljordan posted:

It's just as well. He probably couldn't have lifted the trophy over his head anyways at the award ceremony.

"Chad Pennington suffered a fractured humerous bone upon lifting the MVP trophy above his head yesterday. He is expected to miss 483948849238403289 games."

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
Would only make the inevitable CBPotY that much sweeter.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

excidium posted:

A sweet little exchange between RAWKC and a Broncos fan.

This guy owns.
Randomly I decided to see what my man RAWKC was up to

CMON SON!!!!!!!!!!…….DONT TRY TO PLAY “PIOLI”…….im almost positive that PIOLI has more than a few tricks up his sleeve….after the offseason moves he has made and the talent he secured by signing our in house breadwinners…HE IS IN A POSITION NOW TO THRUST…(haha….thrust)……this franchise into perennial contender status ….!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!….not with some bum rear end pick to guard against paying a player….the draft is for development not plugging…FA is for plugging ..(stanford rout,kelly gregg,peyton hillis…etc)…immediate glaring issues…..GRAB YA NUTS THOR make a real pick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RAWKC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GRAB YA NUTS THOR!

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
This isn't a horrible post, per se, but I felt like posting it anyway. Over on RRS, I've got :parrot: as an avatar. I often get responses like these:

quote:

You and that stupid rear end bird are right in the middle of this discussion. Maybe you should reign in that stupid fing bird.

quote:

I'm with Keith on the bird. That thing sucks the life out of me

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Heathens.

Indifferent
Nov 26, 2004

What is dead can never die

quote:

Please don't hold Vince Young's success against him... (Rookie of the Year, Two-time Pro Bowler, a proven Winner and the Texans have never beat him).... Don't be a VY hater, FACTS or FACTS.....
Why is Kubiak afraid to bring in Vince Young??????? Competition is suppose to be good for your team.... So tell me what does this statement really mean......" It's hard to see a fit in Houston. The Texans have Matt Schaub and a great young backup in T.J. Yates. While Young may fit Gary Kubiak's scheme well, we highly doubt the Texans would want the distraction of signing such a popular local player"......Vince is better than T.J.Yates and as good as Matt Schaub, Plus Vince Young is a HOMETOWN guy, born and raised right here in Houston Texas. Vince want to bring his talents home (2006 Rookie of th Year and two-time Pro Bowler). He is mobile and still plays at a HIGH LEVEL... Kubiak can get VY at a very LOW cost to the Texans...... If Kubiak don't talk to Vince Young's agent, then Kubiak is a disgrace to his profession...and he is NOT about making the Texans the best they can be......

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Toussaint Louverture posted:

Heathens.

Prudes.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

On the Texags forum after their last game against Texas.

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010
thanks bro i'll just break out my magnifying glass real quick

Actually that's the only time the "On screen magnifier" has ever been purposely used as far as I know. Thanks SA, we just made history.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:

TEBOW 3 16 posted:

On the Texags forum after their last game against Texas.

I try to stay away from all college football boards for reasons that are abundantly clear browsing this thread.

The thing about stuff like that from NCAA boards though is that the ones I used to occasionally read were frequented without fail by a few giant rear end in a top hat *largest rival here* fans that constantly tried to stir up poo poo (and often easily succeeded). I don't know anything about the UT guys posting in those screenshots but they may be some of that board's resident smug trolls.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

KettleWL posted:

thanks bro i'll just break out my magnifying glass real quick

Actually that's the only time the "On screen magnifier" has ever been purposely used as far as I know. Thanks SA, we just made history.

Only size I could make it in imgur without breaking tables, so deal with it I guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

TEBOW 3 16 posted:

Only size I could make it in imgur without breaking tables, so deal with it I guess

Don't resize it, just use the timg link code and it will thumbnail them.

• Locked thread