Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

WYA posted:

Haha I just played Dragon Quest 8 to the point where you get Jessica and I just need to ask this question: whats the deal with RPGs and tit-bounce physics? Am I the only one who finds it ridiculous and slightly creepy?

In this case, it's not Japan in general, but Akira Toriyama specifically. The man loves him some cheesecake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

Bongo Bill posted:

In this case, it's not Japan in general, but Akira Toriyama specifically. The man loves him some cheesecake.

I really like the art-style though. I'm not too big on most anime style things but this game is pleasantly goofy and also beautifully done with cell shading. I was reading that the game only lasts about 12 hours, so I guess I'm getting close to the half-way point :-/

Edit: I've been spending a lot of time between towns looking for those unique monsters to fight and treasure chests, is it worthwhile to spend time doing this or am I going to make the game too easy?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
DQ8? 12 hours? What?

More like 60 hours if you ask me. Maybe if you are using a guide you can really speed burn it in about 20 I suppose, but there's a lot of optional content to toy around with as well.

I'm not really sure where 12 hours would come from, that just seems really crazy.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

WYA posted:

I really like the art-style though. I'm not too big on most anime style things but this game is pleasantly goofy and also beautifully done with cell shading. I was reading that the game only lasts about 12 hours, so I guess I'm getting close to the half-way point :-/

Whoever told you that is a liar. This game can easily take you 80 hours to reach the end, and then there's post-game content.

WYA posted:

Edit: I've been spending a lot of time between towns looking for those unique monsters to fight and treasure chests, is it worthwhile to spend time doing this or am I going to make the game too easy?

If you really overlevel yourself then you run the risk of making the random battles too easy to be interesting, but there's no wrong way to play a Dragon Quest game. There are suboptimal ways but you don't need to be optimal. It's easy-going. Just do what feels right.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Though I'd plan out your job point distro if I were you, otherwise getting skills is going to be miserable.

CheerGrrl92
May 4, 2007
They call me the owner, because it's what I do
Hope this isn't discouraged in this thread, but I was hoping someone could recommend me an RPG to play. I don't care what gen it is, but it has to be on the PS3, ds, wii or PC (or their virtual consoles)

To give some background on what I enjoy, my favorite games are: Chrono trigger, Zelda (all of them), Landstalker, and Darksiders.

I mostly enjoy games that have epic stories and interesting characters. I would have loved games like demon's souls and shadow of the colossus, but they are so weak on the depth of the story that I never really have any motivation to finish them.

I was thinking of checking out these games-

Earthbound- Had as a kid but never finished, but I remember it being pretty grindy
SMRPG- Again had as a kid and never finished
Radiant historia- sounds really interesting, but I think I remember hearing they stopped printing copies of it?
Breath of fire series- anyone know about these? Any worth picking up now?
Dragon quest series- I am a fan of toriyama (for dragonball and chronotrigger), but if I remember correctly these games are very grindy
Final fantasy- the only FF game I have ever owned is crystal chronicles and that sucked. I have always wanted to play them, but I am under the impression that they are very grindy. Is this true? If not, which game would I start with?

CheerGrrl92 fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Mar 23, 2012

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

CheerGrrl92 posted:

Hope this isn't discouraged in this thread, but I was hoping someone could recommend me an RPG to play. I don't care what gen it is, but it has to be on the PS3, wii or PC (or their virtual consoles)

Some comments:

Earthbound - actually probably one of the most anti-grind games possible, especially in that once you get... 5? levels over an enemy, which'll happen naturally, they begin running away from you, and you can just walk into someone and instantly slay enemies once the game realizes a round of you mashing "attack" would kill them without taking damage. Good sense of humor. Sadly this isn't on Virtual Console and is unlikely to ever be for weird copyright reasons.
Radiant Historia - Just came back into a second printing. Pick it up now, it's a game where you gain a skill relatively early that lets you just walk past enemies undetected, and battles revolve more around a bit of strategy and chained attacks instead of "mash attack until dead". Also a fun plot and it puts time-travel to wonderful use.
Breath of Fire - these can be kind of grindy, unsure if you'd find these with ease at this point. They tend to distinguish party members by their skills/how they play, though.
Dragon Quest - If you pick up the remakes (or 9) they've tweaked things heavily to lower the need to grind (XP/gold drops raised). 8 might do this too, I honestly never played it. They're a series that's still, aside from 9, a very "traditional" JRPG, so if you hate that, skip. (5 or 6's DS remakes are pretty solid though.)
Final Fantasy - man this one is seriously going to depend on which games' systems you like more than anything, and I kind of recommend avoiding the PSN copies of the early ones since they're ports of PS1 emulated titles that had atrocious load times.

I might try the recently-rereleased Anachronox for a fun PC title that's got a streak of humor and a great cast of characters?

Argona
Feb 16, 2009

I don't want to go on living the boring life of a celestial forever.

CheerGrrl92 posted:

recommend me an RPG to play

Earthbound: To be honest, I would definitely recommend Mother 3 over Earthbound, as Earthbound's system feels a lot more clunky and unrefined. Great sense of humor in both games however, play both if you have the time.

SMRPG: A decent game for its time, however i don't really think it has held that position. Would totally recommend both Paper Mario and Paper Mario: TTYD though.

Final Fantasy: I would suggest FF6 for SNES, especially if you like "epic" stories. The whole game is kind of designed like an opera, and best of all, there's basically no reason to grind ever.

If you have a PSP, try The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky. Its not very unique in terms of plot, but the characters are strong and the battle system is decent.

HondaCivet
Oct 16, 2005

And then it falls
And then I fall
And then I know

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but if you liked SMRPG then maybe check out Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story on the DS? I haven't played it yet but it's very well-regarded.

Also if you have a Wii then holy poo poo please get to Gamestop or Nintendo.com right now and :siren:reserve a copy of Xenoblade Chronicles:siren:. It's a loving great RPG but its release will probably be EXTREMELY limited so get a copy reserved now. You have until April so hurry!

For the PS3, Tales of Graces f just came out a week or ago. If you like action RPGs then I bet you will like this one. It's very anime-tastic but the characters are not lovely throw-away cardboard cutouts and the story is pretty good (at least so far for me).

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Syrg Sapphire posted:

I might try the recently-rereleased Anachronox for a fun PC title that's got a streak of humor and a great cast of characters?

Anachronox is pretty drat clunky in places and missing about a third of a game, but it's well worth it for the love that's gone into many of the characters and the fact that one of the Wild Arms-esque puzzle solving tools is a crotchety old man yammering on and on about any old poo poo until his target gives up.

symphoniccacophony
Mar 20, 2009

CheerGrrl92 posted:

Earthbound- Had as a kid but never finished, but I remember it being pretty grindy

Maybe you have a bootleg version of Earthbound. Nintendo programmed in a stealth copy protection that makes the game extremely grindy, but otherwise completely playable. Until you hit the final boss, where the game will freeze mid-battle.

casual poster
Jun 29, 2009

So casual.

HondaCivet posted:

For the PS3, Tales of Graces f just came out a week or ago. If you like action RPGs then I bet you will like this one. It's very anime-tastic but the characters are not lovely throw-away cardboard cutouts and the story is pretty good (at least so far for me).

Except for Pascal, what a horribly annoying character. She's every anime trope thrown into one, and STOP TRYING TO TOUCH SOPHIE DAMNIT! She doesn't even act normal in the side-cut scenes. I wish there was a way to just get her out of my party.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

HondaCivet posted:

Also if you have a Wii then holy poo poo please get to Gamestop or Nintendo.com right now and :siren:reserve a copy of Xenoblade Chronicles:siren:. It's a loving great RPG but its release will probably be EXTREMELY limited so get a copy reserved now. You have until April so hurry!

Please do this. Please. It is one of the greatest jrpgs released in the past decade. Check out the stickied thread in games if you need any further convincing.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

CheerGrrl92 posted:

Earthbound
SMRPG
Dragon quest series
Final fantasy
Earthbound: The gameplay is very, very clunky. I found it practically unplayable, and wound up cheating to progress. But the writing is just so good, it made it worth it.

Super Mario RPG: I love this game dearly, but I wonder how much of that is due to nostalgia. Much of the things it did really well have been implemented better in either the Paper Mario games or the Mario & Luigi games. But I can't imagine it's aged any worse than Earthbound. I say give it a shot, and maybe follow it up with Mario & Luigi (the first one on the GBA and Bowser's Inside Story on the DS) and/or Paper Mario (the N64 game and Thousand Year Door on the Gamecube).

Dragon Quest: The four DS games are all a lot of fun! Dragon Quest V is probably the closest I've gotten to the feeling of simple adventuring fun that I had with RPGs as a child. They are fairly grindy however.

Final Fantasy: Depends on whether you're interested in post or pre Final Fantasy VII on the PlayStation. I personally do not care for any of the games after FF6, and thus would only really recommend FF4 (on the DS) and FF6 (on the GBA or SNES), but a lot of people would probably disagree with me on that. I just did not care for the series as much after the transition to 3D.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
I loved the poo poo out of Earthbound, and consider it one of the best jRPGs in terms of writing, plot, and setting, but I couldn't really get into Mother 3. I beat it, but at the end I was just like 'eh'. I think it's because I was expecting some more akin to its predecessor, in 'kids have quirky adventure to save the world' and got something a bit more mature in tone, which I didn't really want.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Nate RFB posted:

Final Fantasy: Depends on whether you're interested in post or pre Final Fantasy VII on the PlayStation. I personally do not care for any of the games after FF6, and thus would only really recommend FF4 (on the DS) and FF6 (on the GBA or SNES), but a lot of people would probably disagree with me on that. I just did not care for the series as much after the transition to 3D.

Actually, I would say the FF4: Complete Completion that's on sale (on PSN) until this upcoming Tuesday would be the one to pick up. I got it and its very good!

EDIT: Oops, didn't see that you don't have a PSP. Nevermind, go with the DS version.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

CheerGrrl92 posted:

Hope this isn't discouraged in this thread, but I was hoping someone could recommend me an RPG to play. I don't care what gen it is, but it has to be on the PS3, ds, wii or PC (or their virtual consoles)

To give some background on what I enjoy, my favorite games are: Chrono trigger, Zelda (all of them), Landstalker, and Darksiders.

I mostly enjoy games that have epic stories and interesting characters. I would have loved games like demon's souls and shadow of the colossus, but they are so weak on the depth of the story that I never really have any motivation to finish them.

I was thinking of checking out these games-

SMRPG- Again had as a kid and never finished
Radiant historia- sounds really interesting, but I think I remember hearing they stopped printing copies of it?
Dragon quest series- I am a fan of toriyama (for dragonball and chronotrigger), but if I remember correctly these games are very grindy
Final fantasy- the only FF game I have ever owned is crystal chronicles and that sucked. I have always wanted to play them, but I am under the impression that they are very grindy. Is this true? If not, which game would I start with?

Earthbound - Really since you want epic stories and interesting characters, Mother 3 is an absolute must play for you. Commercials of the game in Japan consisted of an adult woman crying over the game's story. But I think you must play Earthbound first to enjoy Mother 3. Reason to play Earthbound: It's a great epic adventure set in modern time. No other RPG or probably game for that matter lets you use an ATM machine, go to shopping malls, make you go to a hospital and see a doctor if you get a hurt, buy a house, and order a pizza and have it delieved to you. You'll go from Stonehenge, to Zombie towns, to swamps, to pyrmaids, to deserts, to jungles, to metropolises with skyscrapers, to beach resorts, to traffic jams, to alien bases. Earthbound and Mother 3 also have every bit of the charm that Chrono Trigger has. Only the beginning of Earthbound is grindy. Before you get a second character is the only time I had to grind and is the most difficult part of the game. (Intentional because they were showing you how things get better when you have friends) Buy a SNES off of Ebay if you must to play it.

Dragon Quest - The later games in the series have zero grind. Play DQ5 if you want the DQ with the best story. It's available on DS. If you grind even once in the game, you are doing something wrong.

Final Fantasy - I don't know who would tell you that FF games are grindy. FF is known for changing the genre so that you never have to grind. The consensus on the games with the best stories and characters are FF4, FF6 and FFX. There's a fantastic version of FF4 for DS.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

CheerGrrl92 posted:

The SNES games have not aged well at all and stand as shining examples of what not to do with respect to localization, so skip them.

3 is a solid game, though I can't think of anything that really stands out about it off the top of my head. It has a decent story and likable characters and the dragon gene gimmick is kinda cool (combine up to 3 "genes" to make your own dragon forms to suit the fight).

4 is a great game weighed down by unfortunate pacing. The duality between Ryu and Fou Lu's scenarios makes an interesting contrast. The world is big and fun to explore and the combo system makes for some interesting combat choices. I can't even talk about the main villain without going into long tirade about how much of a total bastard he is. Suffice to say he's very well done. And it has great music. On the downside, just about any time things are about to get serious, the game hits you with a bunch of minigames or other blatant filler.

Dragon Quarter is extremely divisive. For starters, it plays out a lot like a Japanese roguelike. Saving is expensive, death is permanent but you can store items between games if you think to. Combat is very tactical and where you choose to fight normal enemies (they're visible on the map and there's no separate battle screen) is often as important as how you fight them. You have to play through the game several times to get the full story. I'm not a big expert on it since I keep getting distracted every time I give it a go, but the people who like it REALLY like it.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Age of Decadence an indie Fallout 2 style RPG that's been in development hell since 2009 or so has released a public beta/demo.

Here's a rapidshare link in the official thread:
http://www.irontowerstudio.com/forum/index.php/board,1.0.html

or you can just use this torrent:
http://www.mediafire.com/?sq4jvangl5dba55

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQylp5WzPl0&hd=1

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!

dis astranagant posted:

The SNES games have not aged well at all and stand as shining examples of what not to do with respect to localization, so skip them.

3 is a solid game, though I can't think of anything that really stands out about it off the top of my head. It has a decent story and likable characters and the dragon gene gimmick is kinda cool (combine up to 3 "genes" to make your own dragon forms to suit the fight).

Wow, that's a lot of wrong for one post. I agree that the SNES games are a tough sell today, they definitely require more grinding than I'm willing to do anymore. But everything that's wrong with the first 2 games is even more wrong with the third. Even when it first came out it was a bad game with way too much grinding (even compared to the first two games), hideous graphics, awful load times, lovely battle system. About the only good thing is the dragon gene system you mentioned.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

dis astranagant posted:

I have to disagree. Well, I agree that 1 may not have aged well (it's still a charming game IMO that is good for someone just getting into RPGs) but 2 still holds up very well. It has an excellent story, likeable characters, and good gamplay (obscene encounter rate notwithstanding). BUT make sure you get the translation patch for 2 because yeah the official translation was done by someone throwing darts at a dictionary.

3 and 4 are far and away amazing games period. Never played past the first 5 minutes of 5. Not that I didn't like it, it was just too....different for me. I might go back someday and give it another shot.

Kaiser Mazoku fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Mar 23, 2012

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Adam Bowen posted:

Wow, that's a lot of wrong for one post. I agree that the SNES games are a tough sell today, they definitely require more grinding than I'm willing to do anymore. But everything that's wrong with the first 2 games is even more wrong with the third. Even when it first came out it was a bad game with way too much grinding (even compared to the first two games), hideous graphics, awful load times, lovely battle system. About the only good thing is the dragon gene system you mentioned.

Everything you said is weird. BoF3 has amazing sprites. It also has the best soundtrack of the series. And I don't know what you did, but I never had to grind - that was BoF2 for me (Well Monster!!!! :argh:). The fights took a fair amount of strategy but I never had to grind. I still play it to this day.

That's not to say that the SNES games are bad, but they are translated horribly and they really haven't aged well on top. Extremely tedious is the nicest I can be about those.

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

Never played past the first 5 minutes of 5. Not that I didn't like it, it was just too....different for me. I might go back someday and give it another shot.

You're talking about Dragon Quarter? It's a pretty amazing game if you don't expect anything Breath of Fire. They really did the game a disservice by slapping that title on the box. Otherwise it's a really well fleshed out and forgiving dungeon crawler that expects you'll start over periodically. It's really worth a try.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Really, BOF1 is the only "bad" one in the series. And I wouldn't even say it's bad, it just doesn't have a very complex story compared to the rest. It's just the typical "stop the evil empire from taking over the world". But it's still a good timewaster and a introduction to the series.

@Levantine, yeah I was talking about Dragon Quarter. I've heard all kinds of things about it all across the spectrum. But yeah I do plan to play it one of these days. I still have the case sitting in my closet. :)

Kaiser Mazoku fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Mar 23, 2012

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Hm I think dis hit the BoF question on the head.

BoF1 and BoF2 are pretty much timewasters. They are certainly playable but you will be going a bit out of your way to play them. Most people who play BoF1/BoF2 these days just do it to say they played them or to see what BoF was like at the start. They're slow paced, have a lot of illogical mechanics that will probably make you check FAQs in the modern day, and don't feel very rewarding to play. The most rewarding thing in BoF2 is messing with the shaman system but then you run into some very clumsy mechanics where shaman combinations are undone during plot events, which will leave you frustrated.

It's worth noting BoF2 GBA eliminates a lot of the necessary grinding that was famous in BoF2.

BoF3 and 4 is about when the series really picked up in quality and someone in the development teams actually poised the question, "Yes but is it fun?" Too bad that guy was noticeably absent when they designed the desert sequence in BoF3.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

What's funny about the desert is that many people don't realize all you need to do is turn to the right once and just walk straight.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Kaiser Mazoku posted:

What's funny about the desert is that many people don't realize all you need to do is turn to the right once and just walk straight.

Isn't the first thing that the directions tell you to do is turn left? Some mistranslation issue? I think that was one of the worst parts if I remember right.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Yeah, the game gives you some really nonsensical directions for that part.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Morpheus posted:

Isn't the first thing that the directions tell you to do is to turn left? Some mistranslation issue? I think that was one of the worst parts if I remember right.

Yes, as much as I love BoF3 I always forget about the desert when I talk about it. Blocking out mental anguish I think. Now when I play I just pull up the FAQ that lets me get the Life Armor and that sword out there and get out quickly. Seriously that place was garbage.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Dragon Quarter is an exercise in frustration. I will never get how a game that was completely stacked in the game's favour is ever considered good (You at least have a means of throwing off instant death spells in Megaten) . You know that rant about chapter 7 in F-Zero GX? That's not far off the first loving slime in Dragon Quarter.

There's dungeon crawls that are fun and challenging and then there's games where you're set up to fail time and again. The latter is Dragon Quarter.

Dragon Quarter killed the Breath of Fire series and I'm not surprised by that.

BoF's 1-4, bad translations in 1 and 2 aside, are good fun though.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Mar 23, 2012

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

DQ isn't even that hard though? It's reasonably possible to beat the game on your first time through without using SOL Restart even.

The game doesn't even get remotely hard until that early boss where the game expects you to use the Kick skill correctly. And that's just the game forcing you to realize that you do, in fact, have to pay attention to the game mechanics to be able to win.

Also the game gives you shitloads of tools to abuse in it. Especially once you have the Ant town and Lin in your party ...

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Morpheus posted:

Isn't the first thing that the directions tell you to do is turn left? Some mistranslation issue? I think that was one of the worst parts if I remember right.

Yeah you are given wrong directions due to a mistranslation.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

ConanThe3rd posted:

Dragon Quarter is an exercise in frustration. I will never get how a game that was completely stacked in the game's favour is ever considered good (You at least have a means of throwing off instant death spells in Megaten).

You have an 'I win' button at your disposal, and if you're savvy with how you use it even heavy dragon spam doesn't hurt your D-Gauge too badly.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

What the hell. DQ isn't at all stacked in the game's favor. Enemies are tough but you have a crazy amount of poo poo at your disposal and that is without the literal Win Button you have. As long as you don't bust it out on every boss you have more that enough D-Meter to trivialize anything that would be counted as a roadblock.

And even if you end up in an unwinnable position you can Roguelike it and start from scratch with crazy bonuses.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 19:45 on Mar 23, 2012

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Morpheus posted:

I believe you are given directions by an NPC once, and they're reasonably accurate although more complicated than "go to this heading, walk forward" which will get you through fine.

There are directions in your camp on a piece of paper somewhere, that you can check more than once, and they are wrong.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

ConanThe3rd posted:

Dragon Quarter is an exercise in frustration. I will never get how a game that was completely stacked in the game's favour is ever considered good (You at least have a means of throwing off instant death spells in Megaten) . You know that rant about chapter 7 in F-Zero GX? That's not far off the first loving slime in Dragon Quarter.

There's dungeon crawls that are fun and challenging and then there's games where you're set up to fail time and again. The latter is Dragon Quarter.

You win the game quite easily without any difficulty until the final area if you start every battle by waiting with all your characters to max AP then abuse the ground symbol magic spell that Lin or whoever has. Then you mop up with Ryu. It literally could not be easier than that. The final area has some tough bosses but by then it's safe to use D-powers.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

ConanThe3rd posted:

There's an enemy in one of the earlier areas who if you hit him with the right attacks will drop literally hundred of thousands of gold. Killing like two of them will give you enough money to keep you set on healing items for the rest of the game. It certainly made the game a lot more enjoyable when I played through it.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

FF4 complete which is on sale on PSN is definitely worth it. I've played FF4 ds and complete almost side by side and I vastly prefer the psp version. I think the refined 2D in complete is a lot more attractive than the rough polygons in DS and I found the DS gameplay balance to be too awkward. Complete's visuals look a lot more attractive in motion than they did in screenshots. They use some nice subtle special effects here and there like cloud shadows in towns and dust effects in the desert cave and spell effects are suitably pretty.

I'd love to play a super hard jrpg (Demon Souls the jrpg version?), but I think they way they grafted the difficulty spikes onto an old game didn't work for me.

FuzzySlippers fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Mar 23, 2012

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
For some reason I bought Tales of Vesperia on XBL last week. I've gotten about 18 hours in and I just can't do it anymore. I like Yuri as a protagonist well-enough, but the story is just...I just don't give a poo poo about anything that happening. I literally fell asleep while playing it the other night. I don't see myself finishing that one up at all.

Just restarted Radiant Historia. I like this one a lot, but never finished it for some reason.

I'm probably going to go pick up Nier and Resonance of Fate tonight. That should give me plenty to do until Xenoblade Chronicles comes out.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Oldstench posted:

For some reason I bought Tales of Vesperia on XBL last week.
That's a thing?!

Oh.. it is...

IT'S ONLY £20?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.

ConanThe3rd posted:

That's a thing?!

Oh.. it is...

IT'S ONLY £20?!
Did you miss the part where I said I fell asleep playing it? Eh - it got really good reviews. I'm just not the target audience for it, I suppose.