Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Febreeze posted:

Remember when we first found out Nike was getting the uniform contract, and some really bad fake mock-ups came out?

Fake as in not made by Nike, or fake as in proposals to get the contract? Because those look like professional quality work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
I refuse to believe an actual professional would manage to come up with 32 uniquely horrible number styles.

Seriously look at how bad those numbers are! Especially the Steelers.

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

smackfu posted:

Fake as in not made by Nike, or fake as in proposals to get the contract? Because those look like professional quality work.

A professional Dickhead, perhaps

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

MyChemicalImbalance posted:

I refuse to believe an actual professional would manage to come up with 32 uniquely horrible number styles.

Seriously look at how bad those numbers are! Especially the Steelers.
I think that's mainly due to "make every team use different numbers" and running out of fonts.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Toussaint Louverture posted:

If you like simple, I've got a Bengals Jersey for you:

Edit: Sure, the pants suck, but hey. Also I would nix the tiger on the sleeve.

The Bengals have undeniably the best uniforms in the NFL. Where else can you find an awesome use of Tiger stripes in a uniform? Never change Cincy Bengals without your ludicrous stripes the NFL would be a less dapper place.

Love the orange, love the tiger on the sleves, honestly make those unis look more like tigers.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
The Bucs used to have pretty cool practice jerseys with a different number font. I don't think they use them anymore though.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Febreeze posted:

Remember when we first found out Nike was getting the uniform contract, and some really bad fake mock-ups came out? I found them. Some highlights:

The Dolphin uniform is sooooooo bad. Some are actually pretty good. Browns are largely unchanged and awesome.
http://jockpost.com/nfl-nike-uniforms-2012-real-fake/comment-page-3/

That Steelers one actually looks alright apart from the rainbow* armband. Also if Nike makes those fake all-white Saints alternates a reality then they get a free pass on pretty much everything else.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I actually quite like the Bengals unis and don't really get the criticism. Uniforms are not fashion, they're icons. The Bengals branding is iconic, anyone from a die hard fan to someone completely ignorant of football would know that they're the Bengals. Compare that to, say, the Giants. Does the Uniform look nice? Yeah. Is someone who's not intimately familiar with football going to be able to tell them apart from the Pats, Texans, or Bills? Uhhh.... Maybe?

Hell, sometimes I have a hard time telling which blue uniform it is when they're on the receiving end of a highlight reel. 14 of the 32 teams wear a jersey with some shade of blue as the dominant color. Bills, Broncos, Texans, Colts, Pats, Chargers, Titans, Panthers, Bears, Cowboys, Lions, Giants, Seahawks, Rams. We get it. You guys like blue.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Toussaint Louverture posted:

I actually quite like the Bengals unis and don't really get the criticism. Uniforms are not fashion, they're icons. The Bengals branding is iconic, anyone from a die hard fan to someone completely ignorant of football would know that they're the Bengals. Compare that to, say, the Giants. Does the Uniform look nice? Yeah. Is someone who's not intimately familiar with football going to be able to tell them apart from the Pats, Texans, or Bills? Uhhh.... Maybe?

Hell, sometimes I have a hard time telling which blue uniform it is when they're on the receiving end of a highlight reel. 14 of the 32 teams wear a jersey with some shade of blue as the dominant color. Bills, Broncos, Texans, Colts, Pats, Chargers, Titans, Panthers, Bears, Cowboys, Lions, Giants, Seahawks, Rams. We get it. You guys like blue.

The prevalence of blue is really noticeable in jerseys. I agree I wish jerseys had a little more definition in scheme. I don't like the white away Giants jerseys either, they have no blue in them. Why does big blue have no blue, even on away jerseys?

Also the Bears blue is dark enough that it shouldn't be on that list. The Bears have good jerseys. I hate the Dark blue Cowboy ones. Cowboys should always be white or grey. A few others have good other colors to make the team noticeable, like the Broncos orange stripe. But I feel like I constantly confuse the Chargers for another team unless they wear the Powder Blues.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
What I take from this thread is that everyone wants their own teams jersey to be one strong primary colour and a simple secondary, a strong, simple affair, and they want everyone else's to be a rainbow explosion of "inventive" designs and mismatching palettes.

ppp
Feb 13, 2012

by angerbot
Cards need to get rid of all red

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Make the Bengals always wear one of these three options:

Black jersey, Black pants, Orange socks
White jersey, White pants, Orange socks
Orange jersey, White pants, Orange socks

Jobs a good one.

VVVV Maybe we could change to light blue like your team and five others.

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Mar 29, 2012

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Make the Bengals change their colors to something that isn't awful.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.

Febreeze posted:

The prevalence of blue is really noticeable in jerseys. I agree I wish jerseys had a little more definition in scheme. I don't like the white away Giants jerseys either, they have no blue in them. Why does big blue have no blue, even on away jerseys?

Also the Bears blue is dark enough that it shouldn't be on that list. The Bears have good jerseys. I hate the Dark blue Cowboy ones. Cowboys should always be white or grey. A few others have good other colors to make the team noticeable, like the Broncos orange stripe. But I feel like I constantly confuse the Chargers for another team unless they wear the Powder Blues.

I like the Giants away jersey, love the Red on white and battleship grey pants. I would love the Cowboys white jerseys if they fixed the pants and maybe moved numbers to shoulder and added a Star to the band like the Blue, Cowboys need that star on the jersey damnt. And I would be cool if Cowboys had a grey jersey, blue would pop really awesome on the grey.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Nilbop posted:

What I take from this thread is that everyone wants their own teams jersey to be one strong primary colour and a simple secondary, a strong, simple affair, and they want everyone else's to be a rainbow explosion of "inventive" designs and mismatching palettes.

Just bring back the alternate 2002 Saints gold jersey and I'd enjoy that. Just as a change of pace from the current throwbacks.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Detroit_Dogg posted:

You got a problem with orange and black? :colbert: Plus as someone else said they somehow made tiger stripes on a uniform look OK, probably since they're not plastered everyone on it.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Orange owns and actually makes sense for a team called the Bengals.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Orange is The Worst Color, orange paired up with black is The Worst Combination.

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

Look it's very simple

Never allow dark jersey with same colour dark pants (doubly true if pants do not have a stripe)
Saints' Lions', Patriots' and Vikings' throwbacks become regular unis again
Don't gently caress with the current 9ers, Packers, Raiders, other classics
Bears would look cool with a white helmet but still, best not to gently caress with that one
Make Seattle your creative destruction capitalism team and give them something new every week

Really if you follow rule 1 everything else will fall into line

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Orange is The Worst Color, orange paired up with black is The Worst Combination.

I know they get a girl to say this on like NFLN's Top 10 Worst Jerseys but it's still wrong, wrong.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

BIGFOOT PEE BED posted:

Look it's very simple

Never allow dark jersey with same colour dark pants (doubly true if pants do not have a stripe)
Saints' Lions', Patriots' and Vikings' throwbacks become regular unis again
Don't gently caress with the current 9ers, Packers, Raiders, other classics
Bears would look cool with a white helmet but still, best not to gently caress with that one
Make Seattle your creative destruction capitalism team and give them something new every week

Really if you follow rule 1 everything else will fall into line

Down with all this. Also: bring back kelly green for the Eagles, come on.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
The Bengals are in my top 3 for jerseys with the Bills and Raiders. I don't get the hate for the Bengals at all. Maybe I'm just a sucker for tiger stripes.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

ppp posted:

you ever looked at a cardinal or a panther son

most panthers (of any species) are not black, and the desert cardinal doesn't have any black on it either.

SKEET SKEET
Jan 2, 2010
Is it just me or does anyone else not get the whole "don't gently caress with the jersey designs" thing? Nike makes some awesome college jerseys by playing around with the existing colors and designs and I would love to see them do the same to the pro teams.

I dunno, maybe I just like new flashy things I guess and don't understand the connection to what the players wear.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

SKEET SKEET posted:

Is it just me or does anyone else not get the whole "don't gently caress with the jersey designs" thing? Nike makes some awesome college jerseys by playing around with the existing colors and designs and I would love to see them do the same to the pro teams.

I dunno, maybe I just like new flashy things I guess and don't understand the connection to what the players wear.

I'd rather most teams stay the same, but I would love to get some alternates for a game or two for every team. I have no problem watching the Packers wear an Oregon Ducks style jersey for one game a year.

Also, Nike should just make brand new jerseys for the Jags and Falcons.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

SKEET SKEET posted:

I think college is a good model for how the NFL ones will work. Most teams are traditional and won't let Nike do much and they end up with the same basic thing. A few teams are like the Ducks and don't give a poo poo and tell Nike to go hog-wild.

The question is... which teams will be the crazy ones in the NFL?

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:
Expanding on smackfu's thoughts, I think the NFL teams are probably more concerned with creating an iconic look for their franchise than a college program typically is. A lot of NFL teams don't need anything done to their uniforms, and having Nike run wild with far-out Oregon stuff doesn't make much sense.

With that said, I'd like to see the league allow teams to have more alternate uniforms than they do currently. Particularly an alternate helmet separate from throwbacks or anything like that.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I hope Nike goes crazy and changes everything because it's Just A Jersey.

I think the Broncos changed their default home jerseys to Orange instead of Blue this year so there's that eyesore.

Orange is the worst

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

SteelAngel2000 posted:

I hope Nike goes crazy and changes everything because it's Just A Jersey.

I think the Broncos changed their default home jerseys to Orange instead of Blue this year so there's that eyesore.

Orange is the worst

Why do so many people hate Orange? Orange is awesome. Goes well with blue, color harmony. ya'll have no sense of color harmony.

vvvv Thank you, a sane person

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Mar 30, 2012

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

SteelAngel2000 posted:

Orange is the worst

What is wrong with you people

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Orange is awesome but it should never be with blue unless it is a tasteful baby blue.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.
Orange is only acceptable of its Burnt Orange and says TEXAS across the chest. :colbert:

ZopfaMania
Jul 7, 2010

Bengals jerseys own, Orange owns.

Also since panthers aren't "actually black" we should start enforcing strict real-animal-color policies

Dolphins, get those greys going

Lions fans, pounce on those limited-edition "honolulu beige" megatron jerseys

Bears, hope you don't mind people confusing you for the Browns

Texans, better be prepared for your soon-to-be-famous "Farmer's Tan Red"

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

JesustheDarkLord posted:

Seriously, the Falcons? What the gently caress has Atlanta done to earn the black?

Well lets see:
5 Time Super Bowl Champs
Invented the Super Bowl Shuffle
Defeated the Nimean Hordes in the Great War
Beat the New Zealand Rugby Team in a match of Tug-of-war specifically for the ability to wear black.

I'm pretty sure that's plenty, bucko.

edit: Also Falcons are black/grey. :eng101:

Peanut President fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Mar 30, 2012

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

JesustheDarkLord posted:

Orange is awesome but it should never be with blue unless it is a tasteful baby blue.

DId you really type that?

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

SteelAngel2000 posted:

Orange is the worst
Unless it is worn by the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:

jordjevic posted:

Texans, better be prepared for your soon-to-be-famous "Farmer's Tan Red"

NEW NIKE TEXANS UNIFORM DESIGN LEAKED

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

ppp posted:

Cards need to get rid of all red

This is a bad opinion. I like the all red :colbert:

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Qwijib0 posted:

This is a bad opinion. I like the all red :colbert:

Solid colors for uniforms are great. I hate how white has to be on every jersey, just gimme glorious glorious COLOR. All Red for the Cards is great, I don't really get the all black, but that is a thing these days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BRB MAKIN BACON
Mar 22, 2007

I am Tuxedo Mask.
Russell Wilson, look into your heart and find the warrior within.
It is your destiny.

~:Seattle Seahawks:~
My sense of style is on par with Urkel but I think I'm the only person on the planet that likes the Seahawks all Navy home uniforms.

<- SWAG

• Locked thread