Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Heaf posted:

They shouldn't. Mostly those minor tweaks to Seattle (gray pants???) and Carolina

I think the biggest changes are the swaps to Nike gear all around. They're changing things like socks and pants to offer more padding and what not. The explanation I was given was that Reebok basically just used a tube sock. Nike has some form fitted stuff with padding in certain places and more support etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heaf
Jan 15, 2008

People say we suck at sports but they don't understand
It's hard to catch with holes right through your hands

Schwack posted:

I think the biggest changes are the swaps to Nike gear all around. They're changing things like socks and pants to offer more padding and what not. The explanation I was given was that Reebok basically just used a tube sock. Nike has some form fitted stuff with padding in certain places and more support etc.

Pretty much. Nike is going to outfit the whole league in Pro Combat System of Dress (that's what it's called).

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Heaf posted:

Pretty much. Nike is going to outfit the whole league in Pro Combat System of Dress (that's what it's called).

I just bought a bunch of their pro combat under gear last weekend and it's pretty awesome. I'm pumped as hell to never see these jerseys in the employee store :mad:

Absolut Mike
Oct 22, 2004

Primae noctis menage a trois.

japtor posted:

State flag uniforms you say?

The Maryland flag is the best state flag.

But those uniforms are... unique.

sildenafil
Dec 17, 2004

They're just jealous.

BIGFOOT PEE BED posted:

Lol Reebok released a bunch of Jets Tebow jerseys to try and make some cash in their last week with the license and Nike sued them

http://www.chicagotribune.com/business/breaking/chi-nike-sues-reebok-over-tebow-apparel-20120328,0,2985722.story

So what does the SAS Legal Crew think of this case?

smuggler
Apr 23, 2007
INSULTING THE PACKERS IS NOT AGAINST FORUM RULES, MORON

Seems that while Reebok is definitely being shrewd, they're only doing what they've been licensed by the NFL to do. I don't think it serves any purpose other than to dissuade Reebok from pushing their license date on the manufacturing side. A week down the road, Reebok jerseys are still going to be sold at retail locations.

I work in healthcare, though, so what do I know. v:v:v

smuggler fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Mar 31, 2012

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
I am actually impressed that we are a couple of days away from the jerseys being released and the only leak we've seen is a cell phone shot of the Jags jerseys. That is impressive to me.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
You say impressive release discipline I say fascist cock-blocking. :saddowns:

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

sildenafil posted:

So what does the SAS Legal Crew think of this case?

It's hard to speak without seeing the contract yadda yadda yadda it'll amount to Reebok getting a slap on the wrist and a stop-sale and no damages. Reebok prima facie technically did have the right to make and distribute this product, they just shouldn't have because they should've known what effect it would've had on Nike's ability to conduct their new contract. It's a non-issue.

Disclaimer: American legislation is not my forte and I've never studied the Lanham Act.

tophat
Aug 23, 2004
Definitely anxious to see the new Seattle jerseys. Could this be real?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1126431-seattle-seahawks-new-uniforms-to-be-unveiledor-perhaps-re-revealed

The numbering and overall style resembles Oregon's, but I still dig it. No problems with the current, mono-blue jerseys, but the grey pants look awesome.

Mike Williams seems to approve of whatever the real jersey is (from his twitter page)

quote:

The uniforms are icccccee cold tho 12s.. Esp the alternates
And

quote:

id put the alternates up against ANY uniform in ANY league

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I like, but needs more neon green.

Borsche
Jun 6, 2011

by T. Finninho

japtor posted:

These legitimately own.

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Remember that one time you totally botched that snap?

tophat posted:

Definitely anxious to see the new Seattle jerseys. Could this be real?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1126431-seattle-seahawks-new-uniforms-to-be-unveiledor-perhaps-re-revealed

The numbering and overall style resembles Oregon's, but I still dig it. No problems with the current, mono-blue jerseys, but the grey pants look awesome.

It's Bleacher Report, so I'm going to assume it's fake until I see the real thing.

Heaf
Jan 15, 2008

MissileWaster posted:

It's Bleacher Report, so I'm going to assume it's fake until I see the real thing.

Those are just "mockups from around the web"

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

japtor posted:

these were the best uniforms ever and i'm so disappointed we didn't keep them

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Toussaint Louverture posted:

I like, but needs more neon green.

I unironically love the neon green and own a hoodie with it as the primary color. Neon owns.

Omerta
Feb 19, 2007

I thought short arms were good for benching :smith:

smuggler posted:

Seems that while Reebok is definitely being shrewd, they're only doing what they've been licensed by the NFL to do. I don't think it serves any purpose other than to dissuade Reebok from pushing their license date on the manufacturing side. A week down the road, Reebok jerseys are still going to be sold at retail locations.

I work in healthcare, though, so what do I know. v:v:v

It's not really a Lanham Act question -- probably more of a contract interpretation question. Basically, Reebok is going to try to pump out a bunch of Jets jerseys so they can get the initial impact of TEBOWMANIA but Nike wants to get an injunction or gum up that process for the last week so they get the right to cash in on TEBOWMANIA .

Stores should be ambivalent because Nike can't sue stores for buying Tebow jerseys from Reebok while Reebok had the right to make them.

Without reading the contract, it just looks like Nike is trying to make Reebok hesitant to pump out as many jerseys as they can while a court is reviewing the case. Nike will argue some half-rear end thing like the contract only contemplated Tebow Denver jerseys or some BS.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
I'm guessing Nike would argue they own the rights to 2012 season stuff (hence a Jets Tebow jersey being theirs) while Reebok is probably going off some specific date like "2012 season doesn't start until draft day/training camp/whatever in April" and just milking what they have left until then.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:
I haven't looked at the contracts either but perhaps there's some kind of issue involving a separate contract with the NFLPA that expires/expired before the general NFL one did, so that legally Reebok can't print new Tebow Jets jerseys but are allowed to continue selling the old Broncos ones they already made.

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Remember that one time you totally botched that snap?

Arschlochkind posted:

I haven't looked at the contracts either but perhaps there's some kind of issue involving a separate contract with the NFLPA that expires/expired before the general NFL one did, so that legally Reebok can't print new Tebow Jets jerseys but are allowed to continue selling the old Broncos ones they already made.

That's basically what Deadspin reported the other day. The Reebok deal with the NFL hasn't actually expired yet, but the one with the NFLPA expired a few weeks ago or something.

smuggler
Apr 23, 2007

So then why is it Nike suing and not the NFLPA?

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

smuggler posted:

So then why is it Nike suing and not the NFLPA?

I think the NFLPA gets its cut either way?

Omerta
Feb 19, 2007

I thought short arms were good for benching :smith:
This article makes it much more clear

quote:

Nike and Reebok, two of the largest players in the sports gear industry, are embroiled in an unholy spat over who gets to make and sell products featuring the name of newly minted New York Jets quarterback Tim Tebow.

Late Wednesday, U.S. District Judge Kevin Castel in Manhattan granted Nike Inc. a temporary restraining order that will prohibit Reebok International from profiting off of jerseys and other paraphernalia stamped with the football star’s moniker.

The order also forces Reebok to recall all Tebow-related Jets gear currently on shelves.

Earlier in the week, Nike had filed a lawsuit accusing Reebok of overstepping into Nike territory at a time when Tebow mania was especially high. The player, who’s known for his on-the-field praying after every winning game, was traded to the Jets last week.

Reebok’s rights to market Tebow apparel had expired last month, according to the complaint, and the company’s overall licensing contract with the National Football League is set to end March 31.

Next up? Nike, of course, which will take over for five years as the official supplier of NFL uniforms after Reebok’s decade-long stint. The restraining order doesn’t apply to Tebow’s Denver Broncos goods manufactured by Reebok before March 1.

The companies will argue their cases in an April 4 hearing.

Through it all, we can’t help but ask: What would Jesus do?

Judge granted a temporary injunction, so Nike is being smart by preventing Reebok from making tons of Tebow Jets jerseys right.

While Reebok may have a license to use NFL trademarks, there must be a separate agreement re: player names or specifically Tebow (maybe still through the NFL?) that expired.

Heaf
Jan 15, 2008

You can buy Nike and New Era stuff at http://www.nflshop.com/home/index.jsp now! Jerseys on sale April 15.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
I need to find the strength not to buy a bunch of Packers shirts for 30 bucks a piece.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Grantonio posted:

I need to find the strength not to buy a bunch of Packers shirts for 30 bucks a piece.

Just remind yourself it's a terrible deal and a huge waste of your money for a sweatshirt you knucklehead!

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Nilbop posted:

Just remind yourself it's a terrible deal and a huge waste of your money for a sweatshirt you knucklehead!

Once again, the talking rear end of Sonic the Hedgehog steers me in the right direction.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Grantonio posted:

Once again, the talking rear end of Sonic the Hedgehog steers me in the right direction.

He's also got a helmet now! I have no idea where that came from.

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

All the New Era Chiefs hats are ugly outside of the basic one, but it's a flex hat.

Did find a Nike shirt I liked, but it'd be drat near 40 bucks after shipping. :negative:

E: Chiefs separate proshop has a better selection than the one on NFLShop http://shop.kcchiefs.com/Kansas-City-Chiefs-2012-NFL-Gear-Store-_-120743785_PG.html?pagenum=1

LiquidFriend fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Apr 1, 2012

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Finally! I've been looking forward to seeing the new Panthers logo on stuff and it looks great; really just a phenomenal redesign. I wonder if/when they're gonna replace it on the stadium, cause that's gonna be a bitch.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Looks like the Bengals are losing the tiger and making the B the primary logo. The field and most of the apparel have the B now instead of the tiger head/body.

I like it. To me the stripes themselves are more iconic for the Bengals than the actual tiger. There are tons of tiger teams but the Bengals are the only ones who use the stripes in the actual uniform that I can think of.

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.

RumbleFish posted:

Finally! I've been looking forward to seeing the new Panthers logo on stuff and it looks great; really just a phenomenal redesign. I wonder if/when they're gonna replace it on the stadium, cause that's gonna be a bitch.

They're inching away from 1995, little by little.

smuggler
Apr 23, 2007

RumbleFish posted:

It really does look nice. I hope they use that font for the numbers on the new Nike jerseys. New Logo vid

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Did the Falcons wear their Ye Olde Blacks last year? It's listed as a throwback on the Falcons shop but I don't remember them. They may have and I forgot, though.

KettleWL
Dec 28, 2010

Toussaint Louverture posted:

Looks like the Bengals are losing the tiger and making the B the primary logo. The field and most of the apparel have the B now instead of the tiger head/body.

I like it. To me the stripes themselves are more iconic for the Bengals than the actual tiger. There are tons of tiger teams but the Bengals are the only ones who use the stripes in the actual uniform that I can think of.

God I absolutely loathe the B, what a terrible logo. I mean I'm a big fan of letting the 10 year old kid get the full value of his make-a-wish but could we at least make it the alternate logo? Put it on the field sure, but shirts and hats and things people actually wear in public should at least look decent.

That said I don't think I've worn a piece of NFL apparel aside from going to games in a few years, so maybe it doesn't even matter for me.

Dirt Worshipper
Apr 2, 2007

Paralithodes Californiensis
The new Nike 49er fan apparel looks like it's using the awful turn of the century burgundy red. I hope this doesn't mean that we're going back to that, I love the brighter red.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Last year Reebok had a sweet looking sweatshirt with the retro eagle that I was going to buy. Then I saw the price was 60 dollars. :stonk: gently caress you very much NFL.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Last year Reebok had a sweet looking sweatshirt with the retro eagle that I was going to buy. Then I saw the price was 60 dollars. :stonk: gently caress you very much NFL.

I got a Browns one with the Brownie elf and AAFC championship years on it for Christmas 2010. It was around the same price, but after so long the screenprinting is fading away.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Yeah, there was no way in hell I was paying 60 dollars for screenprinting. If it had been an embroidered patch type thing, I may have gotten it. That yours is fading after less than two years confirms my apprehension about the purchase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

KettleWL posted:

God I absolutely loathe the B, what a terrible logo. I mean I'm a big fan of letting the 10 year old kid get the full value of his make-a-wish but could we at least make it the alternate logo? Put it on the field sure, but shirts and hats and things people actually wear in public should at least look decent.

That said I don't think I've worn a piece of NFL apparel aside from going to games in a few years, so maybe it doesn't even matter for me.

I really hate the tiger head and make it a point to buy only Bengals stuff that doesn't have the head on it. I prefer the B by far.

• Locked thread