Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009

maniacripper posted:

Todd Martin makes some decent points it's just that he's arguing against Bryan Alvarez the most obtuse human being on the planet.
Exactly.

Todd is much better at explaining his positions too. Admittedly Todd doesn't know when he should back down because he's arguing with Bryan, but he's on the show to talk about whatever Bryan wants to discuss and it's not really his responsibility to micro-manage the show, it's Bryan's.

I love Bryan, but the guy seriously needs to raise his professionalism up a couple of notches in certain areas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."
Todd would be an amusing guy to have on once every month or two to argue with Bryan, but he just doesn't have enough different to say for his own weekly show.

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009
I thought this was gold.

quote:

Dave Meltzer
But both are also very smart promoters. Cena has been very convincing that he doesn’t like Rock, whether true or not. Rock seems annoyed by Cena.

From the Wrestlemania Observer discussing the build up for Rock and Cena and it's effectiveness.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The best part of this week's Observer was that bizarre rant about that Scott Baio show.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Bryan needs a nap.

"So there are these chans fanting you still got it like you're a fossil"

And I think Lance caught it and chuckled.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

sportsgenius86 posted:

The best part of this week's Observer was that bizarre rant about that Scott Baio show.

That was amazing. I had to reread it like three times to fully grasp what he was saying.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Alastor_the_Stylish posted:

Bryan needs a nap.

"So there are these chans fanting you still got it like you're a fossil"

And I think Lance caught it and chuckled.

"...And up next was Storm and Bennett. Sloppy match, tonnes of botched spots."

Well I found it funny. :colbert:

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

The LAW was pretty funny tonight when they started taking calls and one of them forgot they're on FM radio again and got dumped out for saying the WWE "hosed over" Daniel Bryan.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

LordPants posted:

"...And up next was Storm and Bennett. Sloppy match, tonnes of botched spots."

Well I found it funny. :colbert:

Yeah that amused me.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

sportsgenius86 posted:

Thanks for pointing this out, I never read the Observer and would have missed it. Amazing.

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!
Set your DVRs to record Raw, cause holy poo poo this is late. Sorry!

Punchport Podcast: WrestleMania 28 Weekend recap
Starring: Nut Bunnies, The Goog, HulkaMatt, Kung Fu Grip, Grody

We (by which I mean HulkaMatt) talk ROH and DGUSA, then we dive right into WrestleMania 28. Listen to it before Raw, cause who the Hell knows what's going to happen to invalidate the things we say!

The Goog fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Apr 3, 2012

The Goog
Aug 6, 2007

It's a Goog Day, yes it is!
Wow, that was a heck of a Raw, wasn't it? So much stuff happened that...

Punchsport Podcast: Raw!
Starring: The Goog, HulkaMatt, Grody, Kung Fu Grip

We talk about Raw! For like 49 minutes!

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Well Dave sure did his best to take away my excitement over Brock coming back haha

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

triplexpac posted:

Well Dave sure did his best to take away my excitement over Brock coming back haha

I liked Bryan all but sticking his fingers in his ears and going "LALALALANOTLISTENING" at Dave's points there. I do think Brock not having any attachment or financial need may help him somewhat, because Vince wants what he can't have, and thus if Brock's unhappy with the booking, he's probably got the leverage to change it.

On the other hand, Dave seemed very optimistic about D-Bry, until Bryan pointed out what happened to Ryder.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Gaz-L posted:

I liked Bryan all but sticking his fingers in his ears and going "LALALALANOTLISTENING" at Dave's points there. I do think Brock not having any attachment or financial need may help him somewhat, because Vince wants what he can't have, and thus if Brock's unhappy with the booking, he's probably got the leverage to change it.

On the other hand, Dave seemed very optimistic about D-Bry, until Bryan pointed out what happened to Ryder.
Yep, it was pretty much a repeat of the Todd Martin discussion of whether or not Cena is partially to blame for WWE's decreased business.

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009
From the Observer tonight:

quote:

Dave: I don't like Pole Matches!
Bryan: No one does.

So has anyone seen a Pole match they actually liked?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Sue Denim posted:

I liked that WCW coal miner's match with the Scott Hall photo

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

triplexpac posted:

I liked that WCW coal miner's match with the Scott Hall photo

San Fransisco 49ers Match

Hirams Bitch
Oct 24, 2008

If you liked that match you are literally Vince Russo.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Mankind Vs The Rock, pink slip on a pole match. :colbert:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Sue Denim posted:

Dave sounded like such a big kid there. "But I don't like strawberrrrrry!"

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

Gonzo McFee posted:

I liked that match because the person who got the pink slip kept their job when getting a pink slip means you are getting fired.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Moose Bigelow posted:

I liked that match because the person who got the pink slip kept their job when getting a pink slip means you are getting fired.

Or the duplicate of a form in elementary school.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

I know he sounded so whiny it was hilarious.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

He's right that Daniel Bryan is way more talented than Ryder, but I was shocked by Dave's optimism.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

Gonzo McFee posted:

Didn't that one take place to kinda make fun of Russo after he left?

Minitrue
Aug 6, 2010
Tried listening *laughs* to the post-Raw PSPodcast *snicker*, you guys are marking *giggle* a bit too much for it to be enjoyable *lols*. Not horrible really, just a bit like *hehe* eavesdropping on me and my friends in High School.

*lollercoasteroflove* Will try again though.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Minitrue posted:

Tried listening *laughs* to the post-Raw PSPodcast *snicker*, you guys are marking *giggle* a bit too much for it to be enjoyable *lols*. Not horrible really, just a bit like *hehe* eavesdropping on me and my friends in High School.

*lollercoasteroflove* Will try again though.

If Hulkamatt's giggle doesn't warm your heart, then I don't know man.

Sue Denim
Dec 20, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

True, but I thought it was fair since pole matches really do suck.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Crosspost from the podcast thread:

http://www.sixdrinksin.com/2012/04/03/six-drinks-in-does-wrestlemania-28-2/

This might be one of the best shows we've done. Six Drinks In does Wrestlemania. I was trashed and pissed off as all gently caress for this show.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Sue Denim posted:

What about a loser leaves town tuxedo match in a cage with a coalminers glove on a pole ...match?

Because that match is loving incredible and I just don't even care what you think. :colbert:

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Calgary Kid vs Eugene was a classic of the pole match genre. I remember it being the first pole match I ever watched and even as a fairly new fan unexposed to Russo's pole bullshit in WCW I knew it was stupid.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
One advantage it has over the crap Russo did: It actually served a booking purpose (getting Miz his kayfabe job back).

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

:stare: Vinny's opinion of the HHH-Taker match

Bikeage
Nov 10, 2009

sportsgenius86 posted:

:stare: Vinny's opinion of the HHH-Taker match

Yeah, Vinny came off pretty bad with that, like the Comic Book Guy of smarks (is that implied?). Sitting there with his arms crossed pouting because of the Bryan match.

I can appreciate that watching live one would have lost out on JR and most of their (awesome) facials and subtle gestures, but it was still a hell of a match from an action standpoint.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
I'm actually not sure how much I would like that match live at all. So much of it was getting close in and seeing the drama and hearing them speak

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I wonder if Gabe has compared The Board to say, Stormfront. Or maybe he finds Stormfront upbeat and positive about the tenets of white nationalism.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

LividLiquid posted:

Crosspost from the podcast thread:

http://www.sixdrinksin.com/2012/04/03/six-drinks-in-does-wrestlemania-28-2/

This might be one of the best shows we've done. Six Drinks In does Wrestlemania. I was trashed and pissed off as all gently caress for this show.

gently caress YOU.

Good work I enjoyed it.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Bikeage posted:

Yeah, Vinny came off pretty bad with that, like the Comic Book Guy of smarks (is that implied?). Sitting there with his arms crossed pouting because of the Bryan match.

I can appreciate that watching live one would have lost out on JR and most of their (awesome) facials and subtle gestures, but it was still a hell of a match from an action standpoint.

If you were sat in the nosebleeds, and had watched the TV, I can see the 'Triple H beats the hell out of 'Taker, wants either Taker to give up or Shawn to stop it' story being lost, as it was a little out of the blue with all the talk of Shawn screwing Taker over. I do think it's hard to justify not being into Taker's comeback though. It's exactly what needed to happen after last year's match, and the bit where he did the full sit-up and fired up, was amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Cardboard Box posted:

gently caress YOU.

Good work I enjoyed it.
Thanks. I'm pretty proud of it.

• Locked thread