Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Bliggers- posted:

So official unveiling at 11am and still no leaks aside from that cellphone pic of the Jags jerseys? That's pretty drat impressive except I want to see them NOW!

I want to see all kinds of PRO COMBATIVENESS; feathers, carbon fibre, armbands and shiny helmets galore. Traditionalists are whiney babbies anyhow let em have it Nike!

Gimme dat orange piping on the helmets, I embrace the gaudiness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heaf
Jan 15, 2008

People say we suck at sports but they don't understand
It's hard to catch with holes right through your hands

MissileWaster posted:

Of course they would do it while I'm in class.

I'm guessing that's eastern time then?

Yeah, EST in...Brooklyn! The most Pro Combat thing Nike could do (other than the undershirts and stuff) is adding larger helmet stripes down the middle and making the helmets matte colors.

BRB MAKIN BACON
Mar 22, 2007

I am Tuxedo Mask.
Russell Wilson, look into your heart and find the warrior within.
It is your destiny.

~:Seattle Seahawks:~

Heaf posted:

Yeah, EST in...Brooklyn! The most Pro Combat thing Nike could do (other than the undershirts and stuff) is adding larger helmet stripes down the middle and making the helmets matte colors.

COMBAT

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
I heard a rumor that the Skins are moving away from the Chief's Head logo and are going to feathers on the helmet and shoulderpads.

We shall see. I prefer the Spear over all, but anything over the Chief Head logo.

Good Will Punting
Aug 30, 2009

And as the curtain falls
Just know you did it all except lift weights
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/03/sheet-drops-on-new-nike-uniforms-at-1100-a-m-et/ - Panthers helmet possible leak?

Damnit, I'm going to have to wait to go to the gym until after 11 and now I'm gonna be stuck with the lunch time crowd. Oh well, I can't wait any longer! :(

Barudak
May 7, 2007

NattyBo posted:

I heard a rumor that the Skins are moving away from the Chief's Head logo and are going to feathers on the helmet and shoulderpads.

We shall see. I prefer the Spear over all, but anything over the Chief Head logo.

You say that but wait until Nike unveils the new pipe-smoking and drunk Chief logo.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Good Will Punting posted:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/03/sheet-drops-on-new-nike-uniforms-at-1100-a-m-et/ - Panthers helmet possible leak?

Damnit, I'm going to have to wait to go to the gym until after 11 and now I'm gonna be stuck with the lunch time crowd. Oh well, I can't wait any longer! :(

The new NFL: every team wears black.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Small details leaking, nothing huge.

quote:

A few details: All 32 teams will use Nike’s “Speed Machine” template, which was used on several college football programs. They’re 30 percent lighter when dry and 50 percent lighter when wet. For teams like the Lions, whose pants once bore a metallic sheen, the pants will now appear more dull under Nike’s design.

"What will be different is the technology behind the uniform,” O’Neill told Detroitlions.com lead writer Tim Twentyman. “You'll see a lot more of the fabrics and the lines and the makeup that you see in quite frankly a lot of major college programs. That'll be the big change for us out of the gate."
http://www.bizjournals.com/portland/blog/2012/04/nike-nfl-get-ready-to-show-off-their.html?ana=e_du_pub&s=article_du&ed=2012-04-02&page=all

smuggler
Apr 23, 2007
INSULTING THE PACKERS IS NOT AGAINST FORUM RULES, MORON

crankdatbatman posted:

I Big Ben my Steelers

Do the Steelers still have a blank black right side of the helmet, with the logo only on the left side?

I indistinguishable generic black helmet my Steelers.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

NattyBo posted:

I wanted feathers and spears :(

Good Will Punting
Aug 30, 2009

And as the curtain falls
Just know you did it all except lift weights
Am I just seeing this? :swoon:

http://shop.neweracap.com/nshop/pro...20Bay%20Packers

Sleepy Beef
Oct 2, 2009

by Fistgrrl

NattyBo posted:

god can you guys stop trying to be FSU please?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I literally expect no change to be made to the Browns, and minimal adjustments across the league.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
So where are they showing this? This is as good a GDT as any.

excidium
Oct 24, 2004

Tambahawk Soars
If anyone cares the Chiefs main broadcaster guy is on site and tweeting some Chiefs pics.

http://twitter.com/!/JoshLooney

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008
Uni Watch is also live-tweeting the event.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Good Will Punting posted:

I like this, but only if it's an alt. Silver supremacy.

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008

RumbleFish posted:

I like this, but only if it's an alt. Silver supremacy.

fwiw, Uni Watch says that they think the black one's fake, or at least an alternate, since supposedly a photo of a silver helmet has also leaked.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Chargers might be using black trim.

poo poo.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.
From Cowboys site:

quote:

But don't expect a major overhaul for the Cowboys, whose traditional appearance hasn't wavered much in 50-plus seasons. More than anything, the material and fabric changes will give the jersey a different look and feel, but as far the style to the jersey, pants and helmets, the Cowboys won't be one of the teams sporting major changes – not this year anyway.

So what does Nike's overhaul mean for the fans? It means a whole new line of Cowboys' apparel is available. And the die-hard Cowboys fans will have a chance to get their hands on the new gear before anyone else.

Same poo poo, buy it even more expensive.

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008
Everything I'd heard said that the Eagles were also going to tread water, but Vick just tweeted that "The new NFL uniforms thru Nike are going to be crazy...Innovation at its finest!"

:ohdear:

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/BrianCoz

Brian Costello saying the Jets stuff is looking like a darker shade of green with potentially more black trim.. oh great, Eagles colors.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Uni Watch guy says the seahawks unis are hideous

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008

Uni Watch posted:

They just showed a little video with a glimpse of the new Seahawks uni... It is SERIOUSLY ugly...

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Why in gods name is there not a feed for this?

Boba Phat
Feb 19, 2003

Deal With It

Farchanter posted:

And here we go...

Clare Farnsworth posted:

For those who have been longing for a return to something closer to what the Seahawks used to wear, you're about to be disappointed. For those who want a move in the other direction, you'll like the uniform Kam Chancellor will be wearing.

Boba Phat fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Apr 3, 2012

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?
Live picture blog of seahawks stuff at the unveiling.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.

Toussaint Louverture posted:

Why in gods name is there not a feed for this?

This is some apple poo poo. Hey guys likes boast about our sameNEW INNOVATIVE product to sell it to our fans! But gently caress them they can't actually see it for a while. I hope last years Authentic Jerseys go on sale like super low so I can snag a few more.

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008
I'm imagining that any changes we see won't be really drastic. NFL teams have a lot more power over their identities vs. Nike, as opposed to most college teams.

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008

squarerandom posted:

This is some apple poo poo. Hey guys likes boast about our sameNEW INNOVATIVE product to sell it to our fans! But gently caress them they can't actually see it for a while. I hope last years Authentic Jerseys go on sale like super low so I can snag a few more.

I saw a stitched DeSean Jackson jersey in Moorestown for like $30 a few weeks ago. The Reebok stuff is dirt cheap right now.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
I'm on my kindle so I can't post a pic but the Jags are virtually unchanged. Teal Jersey. White pants.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Clare Farnsworth posted:

For those who have been longing for a return to something closer to what the Seahawks used to wear, you're about to be disappointed. For those who want a move in the other direction, you'll like the uniform Kam Chancellor will be wearing

Farchanter
Jun 15, 2008
Jeremy Maclin just tweeted that he has no clue what the new uniforms look like, so maybe Vick was just excited earlier.

Boba Phat
Feb 19, 2003

Deal With It
The anticipation is killing me. I can't wait to see the trainwreck that will be the Seahawks' new unis. So proud were going to stretch our "worst unis in the league' dominance into another decade.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Boba Phat posted:

The anticipation is killing me. I can't wait to see the trainwreck that will be the Seahawks' new unis. So proud were going to stretch our "worst unis in the league' dominance into another decade.

I hope it is neon green. That would be awesome. Blind our opponents every game, that's our plan to the super bowl!

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Farchanter posted:

Jeremy Maclin just tweeted that he has no clue what the new uniforms look like, so maybe Vick was just excited earlier.

Vick also has a high profile Nike endorsement, so he's probably being utilized as a hype man.

Boba Phat
Feb 19, 2003

Deal With It

windshipper posted:

I hope it is neon green. That would be awesome. Blind our opponents every game, that's our plan to the super bowl!

I'm thinking neon green + feathers + Maryland unis

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mike Tanier at the unveiling ceremony: '"The product athletes wear has an infinite opportunity to be defined and redeveloped" nike ceo mark parker'

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

Farchanter posted:

Or maybe that tweet was drafted by some copywriter. Who the gently caress else says "innovation at its finest!"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Boba Phat posted:

I'm thinking neon green + feathers + Maryland unis

Uniforms made from actual osprey feathers

• Locked thread