Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

TheModernAmerican posted:

Here is my reaction to learning the Eagles would be sticking with midnight green:

gently caress.

Yeah pretty much. It honestly looks hella drab and dated compared to the rest of the field now.

Maybe next year. :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

davecrazy posted:

The Giants haven't had an alternate or throwback since they re-retired the red tops after '07. I think it has something to do with that.

I saw a picture of a red alternate at the beginning of that video. Those red tops better stay retired because I hated those red alternates. Also the new Seahawks jerseys own, you all just hate change. Outside that, there was no change, and that was completely expected, Nike's not going to gently caress with the established forms too much yet. They will probably subtly change it when we aren't looking. That said, I love the new "team shoes" for everyone.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
The red top was the giants away jersey for 30+ years of their history. :colbert:

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!
Seahawks jerseys definitely own. I'm buyin one ASAP and I will wear it everywhere much to the chagrin of stodgy old SAS dorks who hate the future.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
haha hawks jersey looks like poo poo. Glad they didn't really mess with 49ers that much.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

Dr_Strangelove posted:

That looks like such a loving soft, comfortable sock.

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast

Schwack posted:

Seahawks jerseys definitely own. I'm buyin one ASAP and I will wear it everywhere much to the chagrin of stodgy old SAS dorks who hate the future.

I agree with this. I think the Seahawks jersey looks pretty cool. Its not like they went full blown procombat college style on them, just updated them a bit. People here do hate any kind of change and it will be funny in 10 years when they change them again and people are like "butbutbut the history of our old uni's!"

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Seahawks jerseys are awesome, everyone else got extra blanded it seems.

Blah, Nike. I had hope someone, loving anyone, would take a flyer on something fun.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Is there a good reason why the Seahawks underwent a major change in their uniforms while every other team pretty much stayed the same? I'm thinking it's because they're the team closest to Nike Headquarters, even if it sounds like a dumb reason.

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast

Isaac Bruce Bowen posted:

Is there a good reason why the Seahawks underwent a major change in their uniforms while every other team pretty much stayed the same? I'm thinking it's because they're the team closest to Nike Headquarters, even if it sounds like a dumb reason.

Wouldnt be surprised if this is part of the reason. I'm sure nike thinks that if they can convince more teams to undergo more substantial changes that they can sell more jerseys. Having one team agree to it (and have the end result look pretty good) will help that cause I think). I wouldnt be surprised at all if it had something to do with proximity or Nike cutting some sort of deal with the Seahawks.

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
The Texans collar is huge and looks like every player is wearing a cape

HeroOfTheRevolution
Apr 26, 2008

Blitz7x posted:

Do the chinese know about the uniform changes? :ohdear:

Like most counterfeits of everything (major exception: drugs), they're made in the same Chinese factory as the real thing, just on an 'extra' shift that doesn't go to their American mark-up overlords. The 'counterfeit' of just about anything made in China is literally the same product, only sold by a third party.

HeroOfTheRevolution fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Apr 3, 2012

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Cygni posted:

Seahawks jerseys are awesome, everyone else got extra blanded it seems.

Blah, Nike. I had hope someone, loving anyone, would take a flyer on something fun.

They weren't exactly able to be creative, they had to listen to whatever the owners wanted for their teams, and most wanted that "throwback" look since that's hip with the kids and old fans yadda yadda.

Seahawks jersey owns and if it weren't for the fact the Colts look has never changed, I'd love a Nike redesigned jersey for my team.

HeroOfTheRevolution
Apr 26, 2008

Most NFL teams already looked pretty drat good and I'm glad they didn't mess with that. There are a few that look bad and probably will no matter what re-design they get (Broncos, Titans, Seahawks, maybe Jaguars).

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Niners have the gold pants with red and white stripe, which is all I really cared about. It looks like the only change to their design outside of the stuff every uniform got is the horizontal white stripe on the sleeve, which I like. Not crazy about the Nike collars though, they seem a little... too exaggerated? Hopefully they're at least functional.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

HeroOfTheRevolution posted:

Most NFL teams already looked pretty drat good and I'm glad they didn't mess with that. There are a few that look bad and probably will no matter what re-design they get (Broncos, Titans, Seahawks, maybe Jaguars).

The Broncos should just steal the Colts look with different colors, to confuse their opponents.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Blitz7x posted:

Raiders jersey is the same, except for a change to the collar and a Nike swoosh.

Seriously other teams have way too much black, if Al was alive ya'lld be gettin sued

http://www.whosay.com/darrenrovell/photos/153658

Needs more crotch accents.

Seriously, all of these are horrible.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Nike pro anti-swamp rear end

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what

Grozz Nuy posted:

Niners have the gold pants with red and white stripe, which is all I really cared about. It looks like the only change to their design outside of the stuff every uniform got is the horizontal white stripe on the sleeve, which I like. Not crazy about the Nike collars though, they seem a little... too exaggerated? Hopefully they're at least functional.
I'm glad they pretty much left gold/black off the jersey. I want a pair of those cleats though, man those look slick.

Borsche
Jun 6, 2011

by T. Finninho
I really would've liked to see the Ravens with Black shirts and Purple pants, but there are probably enough black jerseys as it is, and the allblacks are cool enough.

defiantgiant
Oct 17, 2004

YOU ARE RIDICULOUS now please stop running backward all the time kthx

Captain Geech posted:

The small changes to the Bears jerseys—numbers on shoulders instead of sleeves; stripes stop halfway—look kind of pointless and dumb, but whatever.
Yeah, I really don't like the shoulder redesign on the new Bears jerseys. They look a little better on a person than on the mannequin, but it's still really obvious that the sleeve stripes don't go all the way around.

Also, they're saying that the big stripes are included as a throwback to the older, Halas-era Bears jerseys. I'm fine with that, I think it's a good idea. It's just that back when Chicago used the big stripes, football jerseys had much longer sleeves than modern-era jerseys do. So you could fit the big stripes and the TV numbers both on the sleeve, and the stripes could go all the way around:

The stripes shrank over time because jersey sleeves shrank. There was a reason for it - smaller stripes let them go around the sleeve opening like they always have, and made room for the player's number on the sleeve. That's why the Nike jerseys can't have stripes that big without cutting them off where they hit the armhole, which just looks stupid. And pushing the TV numbers onto the top of the shoulder to make way for the big stripes (and the loving swoosh) is really annoying. They say the numbers are up top "for maximum visual impact" - bullshit. They're up top so that every camera that catches a player from the side is looking at a Nike logo, instead of his number.

It's a really minor, nitpicking thing, I know. But the Bears had loving classic uniforms, maybe the best-looking in the NFL. And they really hadn't changed much since the '80s - it was like they were wearing sweet throwbacks all the time. Any little nods to modern design just ruin the effect.

Borsche
Jun 6, 2011

by T. Finninho
Bears uniforms are boring garbage.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Seriously its a couple numbers and some sleeve stripes. There's nothing on it.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Colts kept the shoulder stripes, I'm happy.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

HeroOfTheRevolution posted:

Like most counterfeits of everything (major exception: drugs), they're made in the same Chinese factory as the real thing, just on an 'extra' shift that doesn't go to their American mark-up overlords. The 'counterfeit' of just about anything made in China is literally the same product, only sold by a third party.

Do they make them faster or with lesser quality materials or something? It's always obvious which jerseys are fakes, the letters/numbers/logos give it away, especially if you hold up a fake to a real.

Also, if you guys think $250 for an authentic is bad, Reebok charges $380 for numbered authentic NHL jerseys. And as of this season, they aren't even made to the same spec as the on-ice jerseys.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Schwack posted:

Yeahhh the jerseys kick rear end. I love the away whites as well, much better than the poo poo we've had in the past. The new helmet design kicks rear end and I like the logo-wrap too. I'm like the Seahawks ALL IN

HeroOfTheRevolution
Apr 26, 2008

ElwoodCuse posted:

Do they make them faster or with lesser quality materials or something? It's always obvious which jerseys are fakes, the letters/numbers/logos give it away, especially if you hold up a fake to a real.

I've had some where it wasn't at all obvious, and some that were. I'm no expert, but I'm assuming the factory sends out the ones that are assembled to spec to Reebok/Nike or NFL Shop or whatever and then keeps the others that might have been assembled slightly off to sell for themselves.

defiantgiant
Oct 17, 2004

Borsche posted:

Bears uniforms are boring garbage.
A quality post.

TEBOW 3 16 posted:

Seriously its a couple numbers and some sleeve stripes. There's nothing on it.
Yeah, I'm probably overreacting. Maybe after a while the new jerseys will start looking normal. It's just that on such a simple, basic design, any little change really stands out in a big way. The first picture I saw made me go "wait, what the gently caress is up with the shoulders?"

It does bug me that the ownership would OK a uniform redesign when their current uniforms are so iconic to the franchise. The Packers, Lions, and Vikings all opted to keep their jersey designs intact, which is exactly what the Bears should have done.

I'm probably complaining too much, though. At least they didn't gently caress with the lettering or redesign the logo or make everything carbon-fiber patterned...they could have hosed up a million things worse than the sleeve design.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

ElwoodCuse posted:

Also, if you guys think $250 for an authentic is bad, Reebok charges $380 for numbered authentic NHL jerseys. And as of this season, they aren't even made to the same spec as the on-ice jerseys.
Yeah, I own both Chinese knockoffs and an actual authentic and there's no way the're made with the same materials or quality control. I like them because they're cheap and have sewn-on numbers instead of printed ones but it's pretty obvious that it's a "fake".

swizz
Oct 10, 2004

I can recall being broke with some friends in Tennessee and deciding to have a party and being able to afford only two-fifths of a $1.75 bourbon called Two Natural, whose label showed dice coming up 5 and 2. Its taste was memorable. The psychological effect was also notable.
New Panthers uniforms look very cool

defiantgiant
Oct 17, 2004

Tzen posted:

Yeahhh the jerseys kick rear end. I love the away whites as well, much better than the poo poo we've had in the past. The new helmet design kicks rear end and I like the logo-wrap too. I'm like the Seahawks ALL IN

Yeah, the more I look at those away whites, the more I like them.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

Ozu posted:

Yeah, I own both Chinese knockoffs and an actual authentic and there's no way the're made with the same materials or quality control. I like them because they're cheap and have sewn-on numbers instead of printed ones but it's pretty obvious that it's a "fake".

It's possible to get "fakes" that are perhaps literally the same as the real ones in China (and maybe online, I haven't really tried) but most of them are definitely identifiable as fakes.

smuggler
Apr 23, 2007
INSULTING THE PACKERS IS NOT AGAINST FORUM RULES, MORON

Not buying a jersey until they make a navy Packer jersey that looks decent.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
Agreeing with everyone else that the Seahawks jerseys rule, they are (and will be) my favorite team to use in madden fantasy drafts because of it.

Jaysus
Sep 17, 2004

"Hey, did you see my game against the Detroit Lions?"
Lovin' the new jerseys. Haters are crazy.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

smuggler posted:

Not buying a jersey until they make a navy Packer jersey that looks decent.

This will never happen because the Packers throwbacks are ugly

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories
Looking at the pictures even the $100 jerseys don't look that bad. They look way better than the ones Reebok sold at the lower price point.

smuggler
Apr 23, 2007
INSULTING THE PACKERS IS NOT AGAINST FORUM RULES, MORON

Declan MacManus posted:

This will never happen because the Packers throwbacks are ugly

Session9.gif (aka FuckYou.gif)

They're currently ugly, yes. I will buy one when they aren't ugly anymore. Were you not listening?

KUBA
Apr 13, 2006

Everything comes apart if you know where the screws are
Bears Orange Jersey alternates are gone. To be replaced by another alternate by Nike.

I always liked those :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

defiantgiant
Oct 17, 2004

KUBA posted:

Bears Orange Jersey alternates are gone. To be replaced by another alternate by Nike.

I always liked those :(

No more orange jerseys? I have now totally forgiven Nike for the shoulder stripes.

• Locked thread