Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HeroOfTheRevolution
Apr 26, 2008

Seahawks jerseys aren't any worse than the old ones, but there's only so much you can do when you have a canvas of gross teal and neon green to work with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WAFFLEHOUND
Apr 26, 2007

HeroOfTheRevolution posted:

Seahawks jerseys aren't any worse than the old ones, but there's only so much you can do when you have a canvas of gross teal and neon green to work with.

You're right, there's only so much you can do. Like make badass loving uniforms. Also dreary blue-grey is the most Seattle colour possible.

Nibbler
Feb 13, 2007

America's Game, the way it's meant to be played.
New Seahawks uniforms are sick. This video helps:

http://www.seahawks.com/ms/uniforms/uniforms.html

You can see Kam move around in it a bit more and get the combo with the helmet. The helmet looks way better with the darker blue and really makes the new logo pop.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
"I'm really unhappy with these uniforms!"

*99% of uniforms are 99% the same*

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business
The grey Seahawks alternate is Boss as gently caress.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Nibbler posted:

New Seahawks uniforms are sick. This video helps:

http://www.seahawks.com/ms/uniforms/uniforms.html

You can see Kam move around in it a bit more and get the combo with the helmet. The helmet looks way better with the darker blue and really makes the new logo pop.

Actually, with motion, I like the new uniform a lot less.

Zifnab
Aug 21, 2005

Hope Springs Eternal
Those Seahawk unis are horrible :gonk:

why is there a feather mohawk on the helmet

why

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Zifnab posted:

Those Seahawk unis are horrible :gonk:

why is there a feather mohawk on the helmet

why

Some people look at ugly uniforms and ask themselves why

I look at ugly uniforms and ask why not?

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Lets make an NFL Team look like the team that loses early in a really awful movie about a slightly futuristic bloodsport. Thanks for coming to the NFL planning meeting everybody

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I think the Seahawks away uniforms look boss as hell. The home ones look pretty cool but the lighting is so dark in the photos it's hard to say.

The look isn't going to age well, but I guess those days are over.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
OK you know what the seahwawks need?? Like...a shape. they need a shape what do we all think---*boss off his meds floats in on cloud of weed smoke* TRIANGLES!!!! THis meeting is Over

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat
If more bosses smoked weed I promise you the sport would be way cooler than some dumb uniform changes. Also more Top Pot doughnut stands in the stadium.

Standing strong in saying these new uniforms are mostly junk. Our older white alts would be cool in grey though.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
Are the jerseys they're selling to fans all going to be snug fit too? Because if so :laffo:

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Rap posted:

Lets make an NFL Team look like the team that loses early in a really awful movie about a slightly futuristic bloodsport. Thanks for coming to the NFL planning meeting everybody

Yes, we need to protect the glorious harmony of tradition and sport that is Arizona Cardinals red on red.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
All I loving wanted was blue helmets.

:mad:

McKracken
Jun 17, 2005

Lets go for a run!

SteelAngel2000 posted:

Write a letter to Dean.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.

SteelAngel2000 posted:

White helmets are the best. Eagles throwbacks, cowboys and chargers white helmets are boss. You're crazy man. CRAZY.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I applaud the Seahawks for doing something different, but these could have been a lot better. Wish some other teams had tried different things.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Also the Chargers are using black trim on some merch.

Meh.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

SteelAngel2000 posted:

Also the Chargers are using black trim on some merch.

Meh.

Might as well say PANTHERS.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

squarerandom posted:

White helmets are the best. Eagles throwbacks, cowboys and chargers white helmets are boss. You're crazy man. CRAZY.

All helmets should have color on them. Chargers blue helmets were awesome, SA2K is right.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

SteelAngel2000 posted:

Dude you're honestly the only Chargers fan I've ever met that liked the blue helmets and that old color scheme. It's pretty interesting.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

TEBOW 3 16 posted:

Dude you're honestly the only Chargers fan I've ever met that liked the blue helmets and that old color scheme. It's pretty interesting.

These jerseys were awesome, especially the home jerseys. I didn't much care for the old Away jerseys.

It's interesting because now it's the opposite. The new home jerseys look like an abortion while the new away jerseys look okay.

Also the bolts going over the shoulders like it used to be was awesome. Now they're horizontal and poo poo which just looks dumb.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Agree to disagree but I love the color scheme on the new home jerseys. The white lightning bolt on the old jerseys just seems way too drab to me.

defiantgiant
Oct 17, 2004

YOU ARE RIDICULOUS now please stop running backward all the time kthx
Got drat that is a stiffarm.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

TEBOW 3 16 posted:

Gotta agree, I love the white helmets on them. Never did much like the navy helmet navy jersey combo.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Taking away the gradient or whatever is going on on the Seahawks' jersey numbers would improve the unis a lot. The design is busy as it is, that one extra element just pushes it over the top.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

TEBOW 3 16 posted:

Agree to disagree but I love the color scheme on the new home jerseys. The white lightning bolt on the old jerseys just seems way too drab to me.

Yeah, we just like different things is all.

I do have to say though, that these were my favorite uniforms ever:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

SteelAngel2000 posted:

Tomlinson could be wearing tie dye and zubaz and this would still look amazing.

Dirt Worshipper
Apr 2, 2007

Paralithodes Californiensis
Seahawks' homes look like they were pulled out of the bargain bin at a University of Oregon campus store.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

SteelAngel2000 posted:

Yeah, we just like different things is all.

I do have to say though, that these were my favorite uniforms ever:

I'm so pissed they only wore those twice two years ago. They're probably my all-time favorite jersey of any team.

ZopfaMania
Jul 7, 2010

I'd like if the Chargers either fully embraced Powder Blue or went back to the blue helmets. The white helmets on dark blue are just way too generic.

If only we could have them both without a horrible, horrible compromise.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Man, I really liked the new Seahawks jerseys the first time I saw it. But every single time I see it again I like it less and less. It looks horrible. Just make neon green the primary color and revel in it.

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Isaac Bruce Bowen posted:

Is there a good reason why the Seahawks underwent a major change in their uniforms while every other team pretty much stayed the same? I'm thinking it's because they're the team closest to Nike Headquarters, even if it sounds like a dumb reason.

Paul Allen seems like the kind of dude that would no question go for Nike redesigning the jersey. Pete Carroll has probably been bouncing around the office all day like a 12 year old that just got a Nintendo 64 for Christmas.

Also, I wish the third Seahawks jersey was a darker grey... the Marshawn Lynch shot makes it seem dark and bad rear end, but it is much lighter in all the other pictures.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Neon green sports clothing was such a 90's thing. After this season it's going to look incredibly dated.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.

Febreeze posted:

All helmets should have color on them. Chargers blue helmets were awesome, SA2K is right.

White helmets own.

Also my gf and I get over fights because I say I like the chargers 90's blue unis. LT looked way boss with all dark helmet and dark visor.

P.S. Jason Witten needs to keep his long hair

squarerandom fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Apr 4, 2012

Philip J Fry
Apr 25, 2007

go outside and have a blast

Nail Rat posted:

Are the jerseys they're selling to fans all going to be snug fit too? Because if so :laffo:

Nike Pro Comfat.

Bliggers- posted:

The grey Seahawks alternate is Boss as gently caress.

gently caress yeah. Not crazy about the shield shape/color on the shoulder as others have mentioned and the green is a little too neon, but whatever. The rest looks decent and change has to start from somewhere.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Frankston posted:

Neon green sports clothing was such a 90's thing. After this season it's going to look incredibly dated.

Shouldn't it look dated now?

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Liberty Valance posted:

Shouldn't it look dated now?

Not as such because it's 'new'. Once that's worn off then yeah everyone is going to hate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Febreeze posted:

Man, I really liked the new Seahawks jerseys the first time I saw it. But every single time I see it again I like it less and less. It looks horrible. Just make neon green the primary color and revel in it.

I like it, and I would also like this.

Shower me in neon green, Nike.

• Locked thread