Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Schwack posted:

I like it, and I would also like this.

Shower me in neon green, Nike.

I actually really liked the bright green jerseys too. They had so much more identity then the standard blue ones did. You'd always know what team was playing with the Neon greens.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Febreeze posted:

I actually really liked the bright green jerseys too. They had so much more identity then the standard blue ones did. You'd always know what team was playing with the Neon greens.

Blame Jim Mora.

Because they lost that game, and because Jim Mora is a poo poo coach, they retired them immediately afterward.

Jim 'Bad Football Coach' Mora.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Philip J Fry posted:

Nike Pro Comfat.

gently caress yeah. Not crazy about the shield shape/color on the shoulder as others have mentioned and the green is a little too neon, but whatever. The rest looks decent and change has to start from somewhere.

I'd like it without the blue numbering. That just looks kind of mismatched to me.

And the SEAHAWKS on the shoulder looks so out of place and EPL'ish.

ZopfaMania
Jul 7, 2010

Marshawn Lynch: Space Marine

smuggler
Apr 23, 2007
INSULTING THE PACKERS IS NOT AGAINST FORUM RULES, MORON

I'm okay with the base color. I'm okay with the lettering. I'm even okay with the neon green triangle and swoosh. But the helmet is really atrocious, the pantleg stripe is an eyesore, and the shoulder stripe looks like someone got bored in the middle of painting on a gray mantle.

Oh well, like it's been said, they'll be dated soon and get updated again for even more $$JERSEYSALES$$

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Some high quality stuff here!

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

fknlo posted:

That tear signifies the hole in our hearts 9/11 left.

Crackatastic
May 13, 2005

Ayo, I kinda like your natural scent.
*NO HOMO*

fknlo posted:

...that's not a hole. That's the number peeling off of the jersey

edit: wrong quote. Anyway, gently caress the haters. I love the new Seahawks Jerseys.

Crackatastic fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Apr 4, 2012

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I like all the new Jerseys.

I'd like to see the NFL troll everyone and have a game a year like the final pre-season game where Nike designs what they'd really like to do for every team.

Just so I can feed off the rage brewing inside you all when they're unveiled.

Gonna put me $50 away every 1st of the month so I can get me a new jersey before the start of the season.

Heaf
Jan 15, 2008

People say we suck at sports but they don't understand
It's hard to catch with holes right through your hands

BlindSite posted:

I like all the new Jerseys.

I'd like to see the NFL troll everyone and have a game a year like the final pre-season game where Nike designs what they'd really like to do for every team.

Just so I can feed off the rage brewing inside you all when they're unveiled.

Gonna put me $50 away every 1st of the month so I can get me a new jersey before the start of the season.

The Panthers jersey is pretty much last year's except for logo changes and a Nike Swoosh, would you still want to buy that

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Heaf posted:

The Panthers jersey is pretty much last year's except for logo changes and a Nike Swoosh, would you still want to buy that

Cause I've only got two replicas a Peppers White and a Beason Blue, if I get a Newton black it'll complete the set. Plus it's not like $1.60 per day is a lot of money to put away.

I used to be a smoker, I quit a month ago, I got mad spare cash now.

Heaf
Jan 15, 2008

People say we suck at sports but they don't understand
It's hard to catch with holes right through your hands

BlindSite posted:

Cause I've only got two replicas a Peppers White and a Beason Blue, if I get a Newton black it'll complete the set. Plus it's not like $1.60 per day is a lot of money to put away.

I used to be a smoker, I quit a month ago, I got mad spare cash now.

Well, you do get the new logo! Also, it's cool to have a sort of symbol for doing something like quitting smoking.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Nail Rat posted:

Are the jerseys they're selling to fans all going to be snug fit too? Because if so :laffo:
I was wondering about that when I read about them earlier. My thought process was "I want a replica but snug fit probably wouldn't be pretty...those 'gameday' jerseys might not be a bad idea :raise:"

Then again apparently the Raiders were one of the teams that stuck with their old stuff :confused:

BlindSite posted:

It'd be like the Pro Bowl but with wacky new jerseys for more occasions! Preseason alternates, regular reasons, playoff alternates, and two lucky teams get Super Bowl alternates!

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Remember that one time you totally botched that snap?
Man, now's the time to go around looking for crazy deals on Reebok jerseys.

A few weeks ago I got a DeMarco Murray replica for 50% off, would have waited to see if the price dropped any more but they only had one in my size.

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Nail Rat posted:

Are the jerseys they're selling to fans all going to be snug fit too? Because if so :laffo:

I never bought a Jersey because they never fitted right. I'm all for snug fit.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Bengals jerseys popular with the 9 year old Korean boy demographic.

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Has anyone been to the NFL pop up shop? I'm interested to see what they have Jersey wise.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Rabid Snake posted:

Snug fit would be cool, because even on game day in winter when i'm on holidays I hate looking like a reject from an eminem video wearing my jerseys.

I hope they have a good sizing guide cause dropping 250 + shipping and the time it'll take to get here only to have it not fit would probably make me kill something.

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer
Edit: ^^^ Agreed. My old Seahawks jersey I ended up never wearing because it fitted me so horribly. If I'm spending that much money on a jersey it better drat well fit me right.^^^

TEBOW 3 16 posted:

I'd like it without the blue numbering. That just looks kind of mismatched to me.

And the SEAHAWKS on the shoulder looks so out of place and EPL'ish.

I don't mind the SEAHAWKS part on the shoulder so much, but the color bars that go with it really stand out in an awkward way. Also in the case of Marshawn there, he looks really "concave". Like he has a back problem that forces his head to stick out and curve his stomach in. Really weird looking.

Aside from that I don't mind the new jerseys. I wish they had used more of the neon green, but I understand that I'm in the minority that liked the neon green alts.

BRB MAKIN BACON
Mar 22, 2007

I am Tuxedo Mask.
Russell Wilson, look into your heart and find the warrior within.
It is your destiny.

~:Seattle Seahawks:~
^Agreed, I would've preferred more neon green.

I love the Grey Away, unsure on the home uniforms. At first I was disgusted, then warmed up, then neutral. It's hard to make a judgement because the uniforms look significantly different in the various pictures/media. I think I'm going to pick up a Flynn grey away.

Also to y'all who can't get a good fit jersey. Could you elaborate? Like are you too tall? Too fat? They jersey just doesn't sit right on the shoulders?

I guess I never really considered jersey fit. I'm 5'11 ~160lbs runner physique. I basically have all core muscle and not much in THE GUNS department but all 3 of my Hawk jerseys fit pretty well. The sleeves rest down to my elbow and the bottom of the jersey drops about ~3 inches past my belt. Is this fitted incorrectly?

My sonics throwback sits right too.

WAFFLEHOUND
Apr 26, 2007

jordjevic posted:

Marshawn Lynch: Space Marine

This is why the new uniforms are awesome.

As for jersey size I just got a kids XL and it fit well enough.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Popping in to say I'm loving this poo poo. The glove thing is cheesetastic but I love it.

The new shoes are like something out of American Gladiators, it owns.

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.

Toussaint Louverture posted:

Bengals jerseys popular with the 9 year old Korean boy demographic.
What player? Surprised it isn't Hines Ward jerseys everywhere (although for your sake I am glad)

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Ribsauce posted:

What player? Surprised it isn't Hines Ward jerseys everywhere (although for your sake I am glad)

I just showed the jersey to the kids and they thought it was neat. They said AJ Green was ugly, though. (Because he's black.)

Ribsauce
Jul 29, 2006

Blacks in the back.
Oh, you meant the pictures. I pictured a crowd of Koreans wearing Bengals jerseys in the streets and was like "why the hell the Bengals?"

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
All of Nike's SuPeRrAd TeChNo ShApEs look loving stupid. that chargers shirt SA2k posted is garbage. Life is the worst. I hate

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Ribsauce posted:

Oh, you meant the pictures. I pictured a crowd of Koreans wearing Bengals jerseys in the streets and was like "why the hell the Bengals?"

Korea is awash with Oakland Athletics ballcaps.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Im posting from my phone so quoting is tough, but in response to BRB MAKIN BACON: I have never bought a jersey because any I have tried on (friend's or at a sporting goods store, are either too short at the waist or too incredibly baggy in the torso. Im 6'3" 175 so not much fits me anyway, but jerseys are especially bad.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Rabid Snake posted:

Same here(my best-fitting jersey is my Harbaugh one my parents bought for me when I was like 12). I just can't wait to hear fatties moaning if this is the case.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Mickey McKey posted:

Im 6'3" 175
eat more

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat
Have they showed what these super tight unis are going to look like on O-linemen, because I bet it's neat. Gonna see everything they're working with. Good news on the new belts at least, never going to see another 350lb man rear end again...on the field at least.

Marshawn shoulda put in his Seahawk grill in for the photo, take the madness to 11. Hold my dick alien insects!

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Mickey McKey posted:

Im posting from my phone so quoting is tough, but in response to BRB MAKIN BACON: I have never bought a jersey because any I have tried on (friend's or at a sporting goods store, are either too short at the waist or too incredibly baggy in the torso. Im 6'3" 175 so not much fits me anyway, but jerseys are especially bad.

I'm like the same measurements, I don't wear jerseys ever because of this. Also because buying a Browns jersey is extremely unwise. But then jerseys look good on very few people, pretty much the players and Manas

mmmjstone
Sep 22, 2004

titty whiskey
I'm pretty excited on getting a snug jersey that isn't also sold in shades of pink.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Best logo in the NFL going to get betterer in 2013

http://blogs.trb.com/sports/custom/business/blog/2012/04/miami_dolphins_consider_alteri.html

quote:

The Dolphins may get a facelift for the 2013 season.

Nothing drastic, but team President Mike Dee said the Dolphins are soliciting fan opinion and will consider alterations to their logo and look to take advantage of opportunities under the NFL’s new apparel licensing agreements.

“I don’t think you’d ever see us consider something as radical as Tampa Bay did going from the orange to the pewter gray. … But I think we’re actively looking at ways to keep the brand current while respecting the great tradition and iconic value that we’ve been fortunate to inherit,” Dee said.

“That may result in some change, it may result in subtle change, it may result in no change. It’s too early to tell, but we’re talking to fans and listening to fans.”
For 2012, there was no change in the appearance of the Dolphins’ uniform unveiled by Nike on Tuesday. The differences are in the materials, composition and fit – “purely performance-driven,” Dee said.

“It won’t even be that visible to the naked eye. Perhaps the fit might be,” he said. “It is a matte finish, so if you pay attention to the details it will be a different look.”

The Dolphins have made slight changes to their logo with the dolphin and orange sunburst since the 1966 debut. The most recent variation was in 1997 to the bolder, fiercer dolphin that appears on the side of helmets and jerseys.

“We’re anxious to talk to fans, and whatever we do it is going to be with great reverence and respect for the history and iconic nature of all the marks and symbols fans have come to know and like,” Dee said. “We’re not looking to enact any radical changes. … We will keep great respect of the history and tradition of the logo and the look and feel of the team. That is not going to change under any circumstances.”

Only the Seattle Seahawks requested a redesign for 2012. Their new jerseys are deep blue with silver numbers and wide silver shoulder stripes. Both have lime-green piping. The pants have a stripe of stylized wings down the side.

The Denver Broncos are going back to their roots with an orange jersey after wearing navy in recent years.

The NFL is anticipating a significant revenue boost with the switch from Reebok to Nike and several other companies for league apparel.

Nike is producing all on-field apparel, including game uniforms and base layers, as well as sideline personal apparel and fan gear. New partners include New Era (hats for sideline personnel and fans) and ’47 Brand (hats for fans). Other licensees include Under Armour (sponsor of the NFL Combine), GIII (outerwear), VF (T-shirts and fleeces) and Outerstuff (youth apparel).

It is estimated that nearly half of the NFL’s income is generated by licensed goods, including apparel, video games and novelty items. The new deals are seen as helping offset declining ticket sales.

Fans will have more choices at team stores and online outlets. They will also pay more for some items. The base price of replica jerseys will go from $85 under Reebok to $100 with Nike.

“The appeal of the products is going to be much greater than they’ve been in recent years,” Dee said. “There’s going to be a lot more cool stuff available.”

Pre-order for NFL jerseys on NFLshop.com will begin April 15, and various items will begin showing up in stores this summer.

Photo: The current Dolphins logo was updated in 1997. A new variation may be coming in 2013. (Photo courtesy of Nike)

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Mcqueen posted:

Have they showed what these super tight unis are going to look like on O-linemen, because I bet it's neat. Gonna see everything they're working with. Good news on the new belts at least, never going to see another 350lb man rear end again...on the field at least.

Marshawn shoulda put in his Seahawk grill in for the photo, take the madness to 11. Hold my dick alien insects!

Red Bryant in a xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxl

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Ehud posted:

http://blogs.trb.com/sports/custom/business/blog/2012/04/miami_dolphins_consider_alteri.html

Do we currently have the jersey technology to make it shake all throughout the game?

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Aren't they snug fit over pads though? It doesn't seem like they would fit anyone not in pads...

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Ehud posted:

voting for manningface dolphin

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I told my wife (who doesn't care about football) about the potential logo change on Gmail chat and she said why bother changing it if we're still going to suck

:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Ehud posted:

I told my wife (who doesn't care about football) about the potential logo change on Gmail chat and she said why bother changing it if we're still going to suck

:thurman:

• Locked thread