Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

azflyboy posted:

I'm pretty sure that convertibles in FM4 always have the top down, and there's no way to put them on.

It depends on the car - Miatas and S2000s all have the removable hardtop installed, but if the car doesn't have one of those, then yeah it's always down and you can't put it up.

If I had to guess why, it's probably because Turn10 didn't think they could model cloth tops to the same standards as the rest of the game. Which is too bad, because putting the top up and down would be a pretty neat aero option, and probably have serious effects on the car.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hello Spaceman
Jan 18, 2005

hop, skip, and jumpgate

ANAmal.net posted:

It depends on the car - Miatas and S2000s all have the removable hardtop installed, but if the car doesn't have one of those, then yeah it's always down and you can't put it up.

If I had to guess why, it's probably because Turn10 didn't think they could model cloth tops to the same standards as the rest of the game. Which is too bad, because putting the top up and down would be a pretty neat aero option, and probably have serious effects on the car.

It's annoying, because last night I played around with the S2000 in the game. It's an 03, but there are aero options for the 04+ bumpers, and there's a set of wheels that looks similar to the 04+ wheels.

Except mine has a ragtop and I wanted a photo of ~~MY CAR~~ but now I'll have to make do with the hard top :(

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Logue posted:

Wow, TheCowboyJoe did a really good job balancing all the tunes....should be a fun race.
A few of us drove several of the cars around last night and our lap times were very close.

silverbullitt850
Mar 6, 2012

Hey you guys like to troll? I've got some pretty sick trolling skills. Just don't expect me to read anything.

-Colon Cowboy

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

I'm assuming the "xxx" tunes are legal as well? Also, practice starting @ 8:30(central), or the race?

you'll notice the description for the one's labeled xxx are "vintage"

so, in short, yes.

and practice starting at 8:30 central

silverbullitt850 fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Apr 4, 2012

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

silverbullitt850 posted:

you'll notice the description for the one's labeled xxx are "vintage"

so, in short, yes.

and practice starting at 8:30 central

Descriptions are for chumps. See you tonight.

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice
Sorry in advance for the bad driving I will be up to tonite. Even in the longer wheelbased cars, I'm spinning in at least one corner per lap. Dunno if I will race the whole series.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you
Looks like we're gonna get the new Viper as Forza DLC really soon, so guess that means there'll be another car pack maybe after the Porsche stuff.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

real_scud posted:

Looks like we're gonna get the new Viper as Forza DLC really soon, so guess that means there'll be another car pack maybe after the Porsche stuff.

We are getting the American Le Mans race car spec version as well.

silverbullitt850
Mar 6, 2012

Hey you guys like to troll? I've got some pretty sick trolling skills. Just don't expect me to read anything.

-Colon Cowboy

GOD IS BED posted:

Sorry in advance for the bad driving I will be up to tonite. Even in the longer wheelbased cars, I'm spinning in at least one corner per lap. Dunno if I will race the whole series.

Try either the 2000GT, the 240Z, the Renault, or the Camaro

General Probe
Dec 28, 2004
Has this been done before?
Soiled Meat
This month in Unicorns:

-The usual random draw for the BMW M3-GTR "Street Version"
-VIP Rivals which yields a Top Secret 0-300 Supra for participation
-There is NO KOTT this month but Mechberg says it will come back in the near future.
This weeks bounty will take place on the Cone Killer Mugello challenge. The current time is: 3:45.183 set by T10TailHappy and will give you 1 of these unicorns:

MINE'S R34 Skyline GT-R
Shelby GT500
Gallardo Superleggera

he is currently holding votes/discussions in the thread about which it should be so if you want to reason for one head here

General Probe fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Apr 4, 2012

silverbullitt850
Mar 6, 2012

-Colon Cowboy

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Descriptions are for chumps. See you tonight.

What was your favorite?

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

silverbullitt850 posted:

What was your favorite?

I grabbed a few of them. I think I'll be running the 3.0 CSL. Gotta get some stickers on that thing.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

I grabbed a few of them. I think I'll be running the 3.0 CSL. Gotta get some stickers on that thing.
That car is badass. We did some running last night and it was my favorite out of the few I drove. I'm not running it, however, because I have BMW at affinity level 50 and I need credits to finish the "Buy Every Ferrari on Disc 1" and to snag the SLS Mercedes from the April DLC pack. I'm thinking I'm going to run the Dino.

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON

College Slice

silverbullitt850 posted:

Try either the 2000GT, the 240Z, the Renault, or the Camaro

I did try the Renault, it was a bit more stable than others, but still not perfect (for my driving style). I will give the others a shot.

What was the basic spec for this race, was it based off a certain year, or past use in racing series? I was a bit surprised there wasn't another Mustang or the Ferrari Daytona in the options.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
This lousy game; I picked up a cheap Prius on the auction house with the intention of making it into a Real Car, but when I went to swap the engine, all I could do was slap on a supercharger and soup up the electric motor. Fine whatever so I will just add parts to the engine and—oh, it turns out I can't swap the drivetrain either. So it has to remain a drat FWD electric what's-the-point grocery-getter. Blargh.

I should sell it on the AH just to get it out of my garage. If I want an eerily quiet racecar I can always grab a Tesla.

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

Well, I've no idea how the Volvo drives but it at least looks good:

JingleBells fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Apr 4, 2012

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

:siren:IMPORTANT REMINDER!:siren:

If you want to stay in AUGR, add yourself RIGHT THE gently caress NOW to this spreadsheet. Anyone not on it by tomorrow evening will be kicked; if you are a goon who is kicked, you will be accepted back in provided you added yourself to the sheet.

silverbullitt850
Mar 6, 2012

-Colon Cowboy

GOD IS BED posted:

I did try the Renault, it was a bit more stable than others, but still not perfect (for my driving style). I will give the others a shot.

What was the basic spec for this race, was it based off a certain year, or past use in racing series? I was a bit surprised there wasn't another Mustang or the Ferrari Daytona in the options.

The basic spec was built off of memories of me watching episodes of "Legends of Motorsport" at 6am on Saturdays in High School, when they featured vintage footage of european sports cars (kinda like GT Legends the game). So, mainly small displacement sporty cars of the 60's to early 70's era. Then, while finding all the cars that fit that mold, I realized there were TONS of awesome small-displacement cars ranging from 1964-1982.

THEN, I figured it would be fun to have some higher displacement cars in there, so I added the 3.0CSL and the Montreal.

THEN I decided we should have American options as well, so I built the two least-used Muscle Cars up to spec.

They're designed to be kind of slidy, to mirror the tires of the time. Since the era range is so wide, I gave them all street tires to make it even between the 60's cars and the 80's ones.

Then built them up with pretty standard 7.35lb/hp and race suspension and tested them. Some cars were really even (~59.3-59.8 lap times on Iberian). Some were too good (Elan- removed power, 2002- removed LOTS of power), some were terrible (Renault 5, some others, maybe 510?) and got adjusted to make them achieve the same laptimes. The idea was 205 front, 225 rear tires, RWD, etc...

SO, I didn't add any other high displacement cars for the reasons above. Again, the only reason the Mustand and Camaro are in there is to satisfy the needs of anyone who is in love with American muscle. But seriously guy, if you're having trouble with cars being too slidy, try the Camaro. It's not super fast in a straight line, but accelerates and brakes smoothly while cornering.

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
I added myself (gt:aphex) despite the fact that I am not in AUGR yet. I'm going to send in a req when I get home today.

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON

College Slice
Thanks for the info, Joe!

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm

Hello Spaceman posted:

It's annoying, because last night I played around with the S2000 in the game. It's an 03, but there are aero options for the 04+ bumpers, and there's a set of wheels that looks similar to the 04+ wheels.

Except mine has a ragtop and I wanted a photo of ~~MY CAR~~ but now I'll have to make do with the hard top :(

If you play around with the shading vynls you can get a semi-decent soft-top look for them, i've done a few on miata's that look passable.

astrollinthepork
Sep 24, 2007

When you come at the king, you best not miss, snitch

HE KNOWS
My actual 850 R has different wheels, no spoiler, and a luggage rack. :smith:
all of my pain

The odo reads 176k in the game car, and so does mine! Whoooo

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Hello Spaceman posted:

Buy a hard top for your S2000.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I added myself to T'spreadsheet as well and will send a request this evening sometime.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
I almost want to try the King Cobra. Gotta hit that level 50 affinity!

Logue
Nov 16, 2005

silverbullitt850 posted:

Some cars were really even (~59.3-59.8 lap times on Iberian). Some were too good (Elan- removed power, 2002- removed LOTS of power), some were terrible (Renault 5, some others, maybe 510?) and got adjusted to make them achieve the same laptimes. The idea was 205 front, 225 rear tires, RWD, etc...

What car got a 59.3 on Iberian? I did about 12 laps and couldn't for the life of me go any faster than a 59.9.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

From T10's twitter: Check out the just-announced 2013 SRT Viper in Forza Motorsport 4: youtu.be/Md3UQEvo0SE (Coming this summer!)

So yep, more DLC a'coming.

DrPain
Apr 29, 2004

Purrfectly priceless
items here.

Bentai posted:

From T10's twitter: Check out the just-announced 2013 SRT Viper in Forza Motorsport 4: youtu.be/Md3UQEvo0SE (Coming this summer!)

So yep, more DLC a'coming.

"All in game footage"

So how do we peel out of the hangar or get the camera to pan tilt and zoom from a fixed point?

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

DrPain posted:

"All in game footage"

So how do we peel out of the hangar or get the camera to pan tilt and zoom from a fixed point?
Get a dev box and enable the developer tools of course!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
You can peel out of the hangar by loading up the test track.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

I almost want to try the King Cobra. Gotta hit that level 50 affinity!

It's actually a brilliant little short track car, since it's basically a Pinto that's already V8 swapped. I have one at A599 that will harass many 'faster' cars pretty drat well on any track without a huge straight, and Mugello's twisty bit is so long that it works there too.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

No Name
Piss OK Genitals intact
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

IOwnCalculus posted:

It's actually a brilliant little short track car, since it's basically a Pinto that's already V8 swapped. I have one at A599 that will harass many 'faster' cars pretty drat well on any track without a huge straight, and Mugello's twisty bit is so long that it works there too.

Are you in AUGR? You should come party with the GoonSpec crowd tonight.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I tried to apply to AUGR but it's full :(

Also, I was playing with pubs earlier and they determined that I was the one causing them all to collide with each other. Meanwhile they were actively smashing into me every opportunity they got, unprovoked. Probably because I passed them while they were fighting it out. So they kicked me. I can't even remember the last time I was kicked from any game. I'm sort of offended, I was innocent! I'm pretty bad at driving internet cars. I didn't do anything other than drive slowly and pass when the opportunity presented itself. gently caress!

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

I also need an invite to AUGR, i'm in the spreadsheet. Just ordered one of those speed wheels as well, i'm looking forward to trying that out.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

AlmightyPants posted:

I tried to apply to AUGR but it's full :(

Put yourself on the spreadsheet then to reserve yourself a spot! That way, tomorrow, you don't have to worry about dumb pubbies being dumb and can race with goons being dumb instead!

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

If this doesn't convince you guys who are hesitant about getting the Season Pass, there is something wrong with you. Stock '59 Caddys on LeMans = best drat thing ever.

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

I wanna see stock caddys on the corkscrew :colbert:

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
I still stand by my suggestion of Eldos on Fujimi Downhill.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
AUGR Vintage Sports Cars Round 1 - Mugello Full results

1 krautastic
2 logue 1
3 thecowboyjoe
4 whatcubed
5 sapopeonarope
6 gathering quill
7 aardmania
8 deathgibs
9 ropeyrope