Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.

MissileWaster posted:

Wow, the "Gameday" jerseys look weird. Like, at least with Reebok the lowest jersey still looked more like a jersey than just a t-shirt.

I'll probably start saving up some cash for an Elite, they do look pretty slick. just need to decide which style and which player.

Totally want an Elite but for the 115$ if Limited is just as cool/fit but without the water resistance than that's cool.

Cowboys don't seem to have the Neck doodad listed but it does on the unveiling have it :iiam: So maybe not all the features/material listed. Just want more information so I know what I'm throwing my money at. Cowboys said the gloves will be on sale closer to the fall, dont give a gently caress about the price I want them now.

Not sure on who I would get from the boys though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Remember that one time you totally botched that snap?

squarerandom posted:

Totally want an Elite but for the 115$ if Limited is just as cool/fit but without the water resistance than that's cool.

Cowboys don't seem to have the Neck doodad listed but it does on the unveiling have it :iiam: So maybe not all the features/material listed. Just want more information so I know what I'm throwing my money at. Cowboys said the gloves will be on sale closer to the fall, dont give a gently caress about the price I want them now.

Not sure on who I would get from the boys though.

Woah, they're selling the gloves?! :f5: BUY NOW BUY NOW BUY NOW

I missed out on getting to buy the Oklahoma pro combat gloves back when they did them, I don't want to miss out on the Cowboys ones! (dear nike please release the sooners pro combat gloves again love missilewaster)

I already have Witten, Austin (both in blue), and Murray (in white), so whatever I pick up it will probably be the throwback.

And as for the Elite, like someone on here said, saving 50 bucks per paycheck won't be hard, and that way I'd have enough money for an Elite in just a few months, definitely in time for the preseason.

E: And I still need to pick up a Sam Bradford jersey. Might just bargain hunt for a Reebok on that one since it would probably be dirt cheap by now.

MissileWaster fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Apr 5, 2012

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

MissileWaster posted:

Woah, they're selling the gloves?! :f5: BUY NOW BUY NOW BUY NOW

I already have Witten, Austin (both in blue), and Murray (in white), so whatever I pick up it will probably be the throwback.

So Far I've got: Dez blue 50th patch, Witten White, Smith double star white throwback and white, Ware Turkey Day blue throwback.

So thinking a blue Witten or Sean Lee, they're just so boss man. I wanted Robinson next from last season :smith: he's still on our dept chart online :smithicide:

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Do I believe enough to drop $250 on a Randy Moss jersey?

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

BRB MAKIN BACON posted:

Man those new home seahawk uniforms are sick but I can't remember who made them-oh sweet there's giant nike logo on shouldah pahds. Awesome nike awesome nike awesomeness.

gently caress you Nike I wish you ill.
In case you ever forget who is making the shoes, they got you covered there too:

Parmesan Basil posted:

My wife doesn't like watching football but she likes the storylines and she likes watching fights. She also hates the Steelers so I did a good job.
...did she grow up watching pro wrestling?

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
My wife loves football too and once told me to post here about Jason Campbell being on her plane to Charlotte, the season he ended up going to the Raiders. It ended up he was just going to like Cancun or something with his GF at the time.

e: Sorry, I guess you guys were kinda beyond wifechat...I had the tab open from earlier.

NattyBo fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Apr 5, 2012

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Can anyone post picks of the three tiers of jerseys? I can't see Nike's shop in Korea.

defiantgiant
Oct 17, 2004

YOU ARE RIDICULOUS now please stop running backward all the time kthx

Heaf posted:

Gameday (basic jersey): tagless jersey, silicon print numbers

Limited (mid-point): Flywire collar (the kind of pointed one), Twill numbers

Elite (same as players): water-resistant, same on-field product

I'm guessing Limited gets the last launch date because it's a weird compromise and won't be as popular as either Gameday or Elite.

I used this for reference: http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/?l=shop,miami_dolphins

e: No Elite jerseys for Women, there are Limited ones.

I always liked Reebok's mid-range jerseys. They weren't ridiculously expensive like the Authentic ones, but you get the most important feature, the tackle-twill numbers instead of the screenprinted ones that gradually crack and flake off over time.

I'll probably start putting some money away for an Elite jersey now, though. If Chicago ever signs Forte to a long-term deal, I'll buy an Elite #22 jersey that instant.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
As far as needed jersey changes are concerned the Browns need to get "AL" off their jerseys pronto. The guy was a major factor in the team leaving in the first place, get him off that jersey.

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

squarerandom posted:

So Far I've got: Dez blue 50th patch, Witten White, Smith double star white throwback and white, Ware Turkey Day blue throwback.

So thinking a blue Witten or Sean Lee, they're just so boss man. I wanted Robinson next from last season :smith: he's still on our dept chart online :smithicide:

Sean Lee would be a good choice, I'm also thinking a Ware throwback although I'm going to check a few places first to see if I can find a Reebok one for much cheaper. Might just get an Elite Murray white (I'm an Oklahoma fan :v:) or possibly a Romo throwback. Dez is also still on the table, but like Ware I may just try to find a cheap Reebok for him.

And hey, if you still want a jersey for our #3 receiver there's always Ogletree...:smith:

E: And I heard there's a slight chance Terrell Owens goes to the Raiders, so I'd have to get his jersey to keep the collection going. I still don't want a Gameday one, though, I'll need to see what the Limited looks like compared to the Elite.

MissileWaster fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Apr 5, 2012

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

defiantgiant posted:

I always liked Reebok's mid-range jerseys. They weren't ridiculously expensive like the Authentic ones, but you get the most important feature, the tackle-twill numbers instead of the screenprinted ones that gradually crack and flake off over time.

I'll probably start putting some money away for an Elite jersey now, though. If Chicago ever signs Forte to a long-term deal, I'll buy an Elite #22 jersey that instant.
Were the names also in twill on those? Cause if that's the case I'm not sure how much of a reason I have to get the Elite other than knowing it's a real jersey. Hell on the Raiders page it doesn't show any features like the Dophins one linked earlier cause they didn't take any of the new uniform/fabric features :v:.

Edit: can't wait to see the sweatbox in action with regular people wearing them.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
The Redskins 80th anniversary alternate (not confirmed to be a throwback tho!) uniform to be unveiled on May 10th as part of other 80th anniversary festivities.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

defiantgiant posted:

Weren't these still screenprinted on top of the numbers? Like, if it was just one color it would be sewn on but if it was multiple colors they would print the other colors (and fake stitches) on top of the sewn part. Reebok and Majestic do this with their player replicas in hockey and baseball.

defiantgiant
Oct 17, 2004

YOU ARE RIDICULOUS now please stop running backward all the time kthx

ElwoodCuse posted:

Weren't these still screenprinted on top of the numbers? Like, if it was just one color it would be sewn on but if it was multiple colors they would print the other colors (and fake stitches) on top of the sewn part. Reebok and Majestic do this with their player replicas in hockey and baseball.

I'll be damned. I own one of these jerseys and I never noticed that. I don't think it's screenprinting exactly, but the second color on the numbers is definitely just dyed onto the same piece of twill, with fake stitching drawn on to make it look like another piece of fabric. For what it's worth, the dyed parts of the numbers don't seem to get weathered and crack like the screenprinting on their Replica line did.

I do still think the markup from Reebok's Replica to Premier was worth it, if only to not have the numbers flaking off your jersey after a year or two. My next jersey is definitely going to be an Elite, though.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

defiantgiant posted:

I do still think the markup from Reebok's Replica to Premier was worth it, if only to not have the numbers flaking off your jersey after a year or two. My next jersey is definitely going to be an Elite, though.

The Reebok premiers were definitely worth the price for the quality compared to what you'd pay for their low-tier replicas. I really hope Nike has a medium tier jersey like that because from what I've seen comparing their replicas to the authentics, the replicas have noticeably smaller name/numbers. (though I do like that it's solid fabric for the replicas and not mesh)

edit: If I had read more, it appears they do have a midrange jersey.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

ShimSham posted:

The Reebok premiers were definitely worth the price for the quality compared to what you'd pay for their low-tier replicas. I really hope Nike has a medium tier jersey like that because from what I've seen comparing their replicas to the authentics, the replicas have noticeably smaller name/numbers. (though I do like that it's solid fabric for the replicas and not mesh)

edit: If I had read more, it appears they do have a midrange jersey.

I was okay with the vinyl numbers/lettering but for 30$ more you get the stitched twill and probably a few more features. I think I'm just going to preorder a Sean Lee white and wait. But I do wish they had more information on all the differences on the levels of quality/fabric etc. Pre orders start in 4 days so hopefully it'll come out by then. Hopefully by time the mid range comes in by june the "Elite" chinese rip offs would come out :getin:

I did find a 9 minute video by a pats fan explaining the differeneces between his NFL store bought jersey, official NFL game day jersey and A chinese jerseys though
:patssay:

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

I went to the pop up shop and the 100 dollar Nike jerseys are definitely nicer that the reebok 100 dollars. Only thing I didn't like is the big plastic NFL logo on the collar.

The Golden Man
Aug 4, 2007

I saw in a picture that Nike was going to make those high-school looking jackets for different NFL teams - with the wool body and leather arms and logo on the chest - I need to figure out which teams version is nicest because my dad wants a coat like that but doesn't even watch football - he wants the Rangers one from the last winter Hockey Classic but they're like $700 and he doesn't even like the Rangers he just likes the coat! I hope I can get one in time for fathers day!

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Paul Coffey posted:

I saw in a picture that Nike was going to make those high-school looking jackets for different NFL teams - with the wool body and leather arms and logo on the chest - I need to figure out which teams version is nicest because my dad wants a coat like that but doesn't even watch football - he wants the Rangers one from the last winter Hockey Classic but they're like $700 and he doesn't even like the Rangers he just likes the coat! I hope I can get one in time for fathers day!

Mitchell & Ness have those varsity jackets but with the obvious older logos. Last I checked they were around 300$

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Paul Coffey posted:

Rangers suck

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

KidDynamite posted:

Rangers suck

no...they own.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories

Paul Coffey posted:

The Destroyer jackets are expensive as hell, usually between 400-700. They'll usually do one that's a slightly lower tier with all wool or one with nylon that will sell for about 1/3 the price of the expensive one. They also limit what shops get the high end jacket. If he wants something in that vein, get one of the nonbranded ones they do (they're still pricey at 380 for the wool/leather, but it'll save you a bit of money)

Good Will Punting
Aug 30, 2009

And as the curtain falls
Just know you did it all except lift weights
Went to the Pop Up Shop in NYC today. It's pretty cool, they've got a full stock in all the hats. I bought one of the Packers two-tone draft hats. They're very high quality, stitching is phenomenal. Some teams are really cool (Rams was another one I really liked) but some are a bit plain and seeing them in person confirmed their blandness.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
We got the replica jerseys in at work today, so of course I tried one on. The material is much heavier than the mesh the Reebok ones used to have, and without the sheen those had as well, the look isn't as nice. On top of that, they cut the shoulders like they're a women's baby tee, so if you try to raise your arms above rib level, the entire jersey pulls up with it and the bottom of your jersey ends up around your chest level. If they're gonna keep with this cut for the next 5 years, then I guess I won't be buying a new jersey over that time.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

GLOSS posted:

We got the replica jerseys in at work today, so of course I tried one on. The material is much heavier than the mesh the Reebok ones used to have, and without the sheen those had as well, the look isn't as nice. On top of that, they cut the shoulders like they're a women's baby tee, so if you try to raise your arms above rib level, the entire jersey pulls up with it and the bottom of your jersey ends up around your chest level. If they're gonna keep with this cut for the next 5 years, then I guess I won't be buying a new jersey over that time.

It's just nike's way for motivating us all to not be so fat :smith: But honestly do the sleeves look like how P Rivers from the bolts wears his wear they kinda flare out, or the opposite of that?

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

GLOSS posted:

Are you talking about the "Gameday" jersey? Because yeah, the picture on nike's website made it look more like a t-shirt than a jersey. And I think those are the only ones my work is going to get in when they come in, so I'll have to shell out full price on an Elite..

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
The lack of sheen appears to be something with Nike's material going by the uniform article linked back around the announcement, might vary by color though. Like the metallic colors on various teams (that chose to go with the new material) looked dulled down.

Meanwhile I got an old clearance jersey for my birthday (Nnamdi :smith:), appears to be Reebok's mid level one. Looks decent, and I guess since there's only one color to the name/number it doesn't appear to have the screen printing/faked two tone thing mentioned earlier. If Nike's mid level jerseys are like it I'd be pretty happy. Going by the descriptions they seemed to have everything from the Elite except for the rain proofing...not sure how the different levels work for every team since not everyone went with the new materials.

Edit: looks like Nike put a FAQ up on the jersey differences:
http://help-us.nike.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22889/~/what%27s-the-difference-between-the-game,-limited-and-elite-nfl-jerseys%3F

quote:

Nike offers three types of NFL jerseys for sale: Elite, Limited, and Game.
Based on the Elite 51 uniform adopted by most NFL teams*, the Nike NFL Elite Jersey is Nike's premium game day jersey. The jersey features these elements:
Zoned stretch fabric for a close fit
Highly flexible premium twill numbers
Flywire strength resists stretch around the neck
Strategic ventilation over major heat zones
Water repelling fabric to stay lightweight all day
No-tag neck label for clean comfort
Hand crafted inside and out for lasting, premium comfort
Men's sizes 40, 44, 48, 52, 56, 60 ($250)
Available April 27
Seattle Seahawks Elite Jersey available for purchase on April 30.
* - Four teams opted for all of the Elite 51 transformation elements except for the Flywire collar - Cowboys, Patriots, Texans and Steelers). Five teams opted out of the Elite 51 transformation and kept the existing jersey design - Raiders, Packers, Eagles, Falcons, Panthers. The remaining 23 teams opted for the full Elite 51 transformation.

The Nike NFL Limited Jersey allows you to represent in premium game day style. The key elements include:
Tailored fit designed for movement
Flywire strength resists stretch around the neck
Strategic ventilation over major heat zones
Highly flexible premium twill numbers
Price $135.
Available June 29.

The Nike NFL Game Jersey lets you stay true to your team all day, everyday, game day. The key details are:
Tailored fit designed for movement
Silicon print numbers for a light and soft feel
Men's sizes S, M, L, XL, XXL ($100)
Men's extended sizes XXL, XXXL ($110)
Women's sizes XS, S, M, L, XL ($95)
Kid's GS, S, M, L, XL ($70)
Available on April 27 (pre-order April 15)
Seattle Seahawks Game Jersey available for purchase on April 30.

japtor fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Apr 13, 2012

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

GLOSS posted:

I don't know why but it sounds like you were wearing a woman's t-shirt today,

Borsche
Jun 6, 2011

by T. Finninho

japtor posted:

The lack of sheen appears to be something with Nike's material going by the uniform article linked back around the announcement, might vary by color though. Like the metallic colors on various teams (that chose to go with the new material) looked dulled down.

Meanwhile I got an old clearance jersey for my birthday (Nnamdi :smith:), appears to be Reebok's mid level one. Looks decent, and I guess since there's only one color to the name/number it doesn't appear to have the screen printing/faked two tone thing mentioned earlier. If Nike's mid level jerseys are like it I'd be pretty happy. Going by the descriptions they seemed to have everything from the Elite except for the rain proofing...not sure how the different levels work for every team since not everyone went with the new materials.

Edit: looks like Nike put a FAQ up on the jersey differences:
http://help-us.nike.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22889/~/what%27s-the-difference-between-the-game,-limited-and-elite-nfl-jerseys%3F

That's cool, I'll probably get a premium since the twill numbers will be an appreciated upgrade over the nylon print and it doesn't seem like Elite offers anything other than waterproofing.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

So the only difference for the Cowboys* mid range is:
Zoned stretch fabric for a close fit
Water repelling fabric to stay lightweight all day

*They opted out for the flywire, I wanted the novelty of it :smith:

So yeah think I'm getting A Limited (hopefully Lee) and then get the Elite if they win A playoff game :toxx:

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
I'd wait and see if there's any other shortcuts with the mid level (apparently don't have a choice but to wait until June 29 :(), kind of wondering what "zoned stretch fabric for a close fit" vs "tailored fit designed for movement" means. Or if the flywire and heat zone things are on Limited jerseys for teams that don't have them on the Elite ones :psyduck:

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

I wonder if they're going to release something similar to these NFL jerseys for college teams? It would pretty much give them a right to print money at that point.

I mean, poo poo, I'd wear an Elite Sooners jersey.

Heaf
Jan 15, 2008

People say we suck at sports but they don't understand
It's hard to catch with holes right through your hands

MissileWaster posted:

I wonder if they're going to release something similar to these NFL jerseys for college teams? It would pretty much give them a right to print money at that point.

Nike has Nike Elite schools for Football/Basketball, which is different. Those are the schools that get Pro Combat treatment, more or less. Someone can correct me, but I believe Pro Combat was the basis for the Elite51 series.

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories

MissileWaster posted:

The teams that get the pro-combat treatment each year usually have a limited version of the jersey release. I picked up the LSU one last year and it lacked the flywire collar and the numbers were simulated tackle twill partially stitched on with paint for the tiger stripes. Of course it was $75 compared to the 150 Nike was charging for an authentic regular game jersey.

I'm interested in seeing what they offer for preorder on Sunday, I'd like to get an elite Saints jersey as soon as possible, but no way am I buying a Brees jersey, I'm superstitious and wearing the QB to me is like asking for a trade or injury to happen.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

mints posted:

I'm superstitious and wearing the QB to me is like asking for a trade or injury to happen.

I might have to buy a Phillip rivers...

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

mints posted:

The teams that get the pro-combat treatment each year usually have a limited version of the jersey release. I picked up the LSU one last year and it lacked the flywire collar and the numbers were simulated tackle twill partially stitched on with paint for the tiger stripes. Of course it was $75 compared to the 150 Nike was charging for an authentic regular game jersey.

I'm interested in seeing what they offer for preorder on Sunday, I'd like to get an elite Saints jersey as soon as possible, but no way am I buying a Brees jersey, I'm superstitious and wearing the QB to me is like asking for a trade or injury to happen.

I was wearing a brees jersey when he got his shoulder torn open in 2005.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

mints posted:

SteelAngel2000 posted:

I was wearing a brees jersey when he got his shoulder torn open in 2005.

I was wearing a Brees jersey when he won the Super Bowl. Meh on superstition.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

I was wearing one when he took away the last positive thing anybody could muster about the Falcons in the same moment as he connected with a fellows charger cast off to take the last thing Dan Marino had going for him outside of Ace Ventura. I like the jersey.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Silly Burrito posted:

Bad things only happen to San Diego

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

SteelAngel2000 posted:

Bad things only happen to San Diego

• Locked thread