Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU
Joe Rogan on psychological disorders, "You have no excuse... It's your blood sugar."

Feeling kinda bad for Stevens, Rogan is brutal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Rogans podcast went from a "must listen to every episode and go through the backlogs" to "yeah I'll skip it unless its a super super good guest" so loving fast for me.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

mcvey posted:

Rogans podcast went from a "must listen to every episode and go through the backlogs" to "yeah I'll skip it unless its a super super good guest" so loving fast for me.

In the span of a hundred episodes he's turned into Old Man Rogan, it sucks.

edit: That being said, listen the Tom Segura's and Duncan Trussell's podcasts. They're still hilarious, in fact the quality of Duncan's has sky rocketed since he broke up with Natasha.

Google Butt fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Mar 25, 2012

Demie
Apr 2, 2004
joey diaz is back on the show tomorrow at 3PM PST

and here's somebody's well-timed youtube upload

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEmWUjXyQ38

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Jesus christ Joe high as gently caress losing it at the end there with the Alex Jones clip is the greatest thing I've ever seen. I love Joey but god drat he is a lunatic.

Demie
Apr 2, 2004
he made another one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmndtEY_OgU

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
A new low achieved ~50 minutes into the 200th episode.

FreddyJackieTurner
May 15, 2008

At first I really didn't like Brian Redban, but hes starting to grow on me.

WHY SEE ESS
Sep 12, 2006
Arguing about itchy buttholes: 200 episodes of the JRE summed up

Rorobb
Aug 17, 2005

JohnsonsJohnson posted:

At first I really didn't like Brian Redban, but hes starting to grow on me.

Yeah Joe sounded like a child in that whole "itchy butthole" argument they had going on. It's really starting to irritate me how "openminded" and "enlightened" he thinks he is because he takes mushrooms.

edit: I also remember him saying the only people who have a bad time on shrooms are "bitches." Joe really is a great example of someone who takes shrooms and all of a sudden their ego is huge because they think they have some sacred knowledge than only a select few have. Dude needs to be knocked down a peg

Rorobb fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Mar 30, 2012

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Listening to the new Diaz episode and spit out water laughing at them talking about Sandusky and Rogan goes "It's they want kids to feel how they feel. They want bring someone into it....like a vampire."

Child molesters are just like vampires.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

At least it wasn't werewolves :shobon:

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

CortezFantastic posted:

Child molesters are just like vampires.

Both are defeated by a wooden stake through the heart, so I feel like it's an apt comparison

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
http://i.imgur.com/78YGA.png

A deleted tweet from Joe. April Fools joke or the greatest thing to happen to the podcast?

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

CortezFantastic posted:

A deleted tweet from Joe. April Fools joke or the greatest thing to happen to the podcast?

The link isn't working for me. What was it?

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
It said "I'm sure a lot of you will be happy to hear I won't be working with a manchild anymore, prepare for the podcast to get professional bitches!"

Joey Donuts
Feb 19, 2004

My code word will be: Endurance.

CortezFantastic posted:

Honestly Redban makes some of the funniest random jokes on the podcast. Maybe it's because he seems like an idiot and you don't expect him to say something clever, but either way, I'd miss him if this were true.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
According to Joe, he didn't delete any tweets, so that's probably just an april first photoshop

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

This last podcast with everlast was pretty neat, he preformed a few bluesy songs. Decent episode overall except for everlast's trayvon martin derail.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Redban is still as terrible as ever but with how awful Joe is getting he's looking better every podcast.

Rorobb
Aug 17, 2005

mcvey posted:

Redban is still as terrible as ever but with how awful Joe is getting he's looking better every podcast.

The question is, is he actually getting worse or is he becoming increasingly grating to us the more we get to know him?

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
I've been asking myself that exact same question lately

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Rorobb posted:

The question is, is he actually getting worse or is he becoming increasingly grating to us the more we get to know him?

I think a huge part of it is that Joe works and travels a poo poo load and that can tire a mother fucker out quick. The dude's spread thin and it makes him grumpy. Ever since he did Fear Factor again you can definitely feel a difference in the podcast.. I bet the quality picks back up when he's got less on his plate (I hope).

Redban actually addressed Joe's snapping on him on the Rogan Board's moderator podcast.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Google Butt posted:

Redban actually addressed Joe's snapping on him on the Rogan Board's moderator podcast.
Whoa what's this about now?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

AltronHGX posted:

Whoa what's this about now?

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/themodcast modcast #2 @ 16 minutes is where he addresses this.

Phatzilla
Aug 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
the undercard of podcasts

Demie
Apr 2, 2004
hey dog, i heard you like podcasts....

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

This last episode was worth it just for seeing Dom Irrera busting Redban's balls real good.

Nuja
Jan 29, 2006

Google Butt posted:

This last episode was worth it just for seeing Dom Irrera busting Redban's balls real good.

Dom Irrera is loving depressing. A Xanax and alcohol addiction? And he tries to give Redban poo poo for being a stoned goofball?

I dunno if I'm alone, but I really don't like this guy.

Edit: A few months and a few podcasts that I've heard him in later, he's not as bad as my first impression. I dig him.

Nuja fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Jun 28, 2012

take three tablets
Nov 21, 2005

Hell Gem
The latest episode was boring as gently caress. So many awkward pauses, they just couldn't come up with anything worth talking about.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

My favorite awkward pause was where Joe tried to save it with "...powerful Don Irrera."

Maybe it was cause I wasn't paying too much attention to the entire thing but I liked that podcast and didn't dislike Irrera. I've never heard of him before in my life but he had a good sense of humor about him. I think I'm so biased against Brian that his insulting him about his comedy didn't bother me that much but maybe if it were someone else he was insulting I'd feel differently.

It's possible it didn't bother me because he was being pretty funny about it!

I took a break from JRE for a month or two but the last couple have been pretty good and I'm being drawn back in :unsmith:

edit: I skipped the Everlast one cause I've never heard of him. Worth listening to?

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Jim Jefferies on the podcast today.

Probably one of my top three working comics today. Can't wait!

ZeroDays
Feb 11, 2007

the fuck you know about what i need on my mind mother fucker

AltronHGX posted:

edit: I skipped the Everlast one cause I've never heard of him. Worth listening to?

The Everlast podcast is worth listening to, yes. I'd never heard of him either.

Can't wait for the Jim Jeffries one (I never listen live, but save for work). He's one of the few comedians I've been to see, and there's no way there'll be those awkward pauses.

Anyone still listening to the Duncan Trussell podcasts? I keep giving them a chance because I love him whenever he's a guest on the JRE, but there's something not quite right about them, can't put my finger on it, but it's always slightly uncomfortable listening. Maybe it's his guests, but I always abandon about half way through.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Hah I was just about to ask that. I've listened to them all except whatever one with the religion monk dude and the StarCraft 2 guy and I enjoyed them (zero interest in what those guys have to say). I've had to skip through the opening bits with the ads and him just being weird and I'll begin listening when the intro music comes in.

I like his podcast. Yeah he's a weird guy but there's something very charming and endearing about him. I liked that short interview he was having with that weird sock and urine selling girl and just how genuinely interested he was in it all. Not in a creepy way (if you can even imagine that), but in a very sterile, medical way :kiddo:

DerbyTime!!!
Dec 17, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post
DTFH is my favorite podcast, but it's probably not for everybody. I've learned a lot from Duncan, but I guess it all depends on what you're looking for from a podcast.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

I feel like if you really like Duncan's style, his podcast is all time.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Google Butt posted:

I feel like if you really like Duncan's style, his podcast is all time.

I did find it funny that his ad for Adam and Eve on the Raghu Markus episode was pretty tame compared to other episodes. No mention of buttplugs or jizz blasting

Birthday Cake
Feb 12, 2008

Tom, this is "Mayor's Fun Money." You can use it anywhere.
The Jim jeffries podcast was probably my favorite in a long time. Him and redban seemed to get along pretty well.

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

Birthday Cake posted:

The Jim jeffries podcast was probably my favorite in a long time. Him and redban seemed to get along pretty well.

It was really nice to hear someone enjoy Brian's jokes. Joe didn't get a chance to berate him because Jim Jeffries was constantly laughing his balls off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
I got a kick out of Joe's mind being absolutely loving blown by Jim doing an American accent. "Holy gently caress dude. You sound like a DIFFERENT PERSON!"