Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

AlternateAccount posted:

Wait, is this for reals?

The discussion, no. The actual reasoning, I'd say 'pretty much'.

Teenage Fansub posted:

If this is about you, when did the Chinese characters get put on the gun?

It isn't, but I was wondering that myself. I guess it's a last minute fail safe; they'd scrubbed any and all references to the Asian girl but welp, audiences, don't be surprised if there are Asian people in this movie.

I mean he even had Asian symbols on his gun. How on the nose do you want us to make it? v :v: v

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

To give it what little due it deserves, at least they put a word that means "protect" on there.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

TetsuoTW posted:

To give it what little due it deserves, at least they put a word that means "protect" on there.

Hah, that's nice. They were more accurate than the average tattoo'd teen when it comes to (Chinese?) symbols.

Also, every time I see something like this:

I'm instantly reminded of this:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

My life is incomplete, INCOMPLETE, until I can buy a Region 3 DVD of Torque.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Why? What's special about the Region 3 version? Since I live in the right region and all....

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

TetsuoTW posted:

Why? What's special about the Region 3 version? Since I live in the right region and all....

I live in DVD "region 3". Which is why I was unable to buy DVDs when I go to the Middle East or Australia. That said, sometimes there are those DVDs that has no region restriction stated on its package.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Dissapointed Owl posted:

This is done by the company Mondo, who does really gorgeous posters. Generally they only make poster for older movies but they liked Cabin in the Woods so much that they wanted to make something celebrating it.

Here's a couple more:

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

QuoProQuid posted:

This is done by the company Mondo, who does really gorgeous posters.

Holy crap, I didn't even realise that was Mondo.

These two for The Exorcist are also new and quite nice (if not as good as some of the other ones):

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Alhazred posted:

The campaign for Cabin in the Woods was so self aware that it probably at some point went down to the local pub and got pissed:

These are photoshops done by Whedon fans.

And the marketing only gives away the first section of the movie. The last act is hardly even referenced, and it's bugfuck insane (in a very entertaining way)

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Only at this size do you realise that Statham's face is wrong, it looks like they've taken out some of his forehead (height) to fit in the poster.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

spookygonk posted:

Only at this size do you realise that Statham's face is wrong, it looks like they've taken out some of his forehead (height) to fit in the poster.

Speaking of which, I'm pretty sure it's Robert Pattenson in this poster:

Yet it appears as if the German version of the movie is set to star Robert's pudgier brother:

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Kristen Scott Thomas is rocking some serious chest hair in the German poster

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Yet it appears as if the German version of the movie is set to star Robert's pudgier brother:

I guess I can't entirely blame them for trying to make his head look less like a foot.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
Haha I forgot Adam Scott was a bad guy in Torque. God that movie loving rules.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Dissapointed Owl posted:

I'm instantly reminded of this:

This movie is a treasure (and only $5 in Amazon so no excuse to not owning it and making all your friends see it)

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

This movie is a treasure (and only $5 in Amazon so no excuse to not owning it and making all your friends see it)

You don't say

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

Madkal posted:

You don't say

aaaaaah, that's amazing. I need to be watching this movie RIGHT NOW. I can understand why it would be critically panned, but I love that style.

Realism
Sep 16, 2008

Always wanted to see what this film is about....

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Madkal posted:

You don't say

That... that was in a movie and not a Super Bowl ad?

Holy poo poo I need to see this.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Spatula City posted:

aaaaaah, that's amazing. I need to be watching this movie RIGHT NOW. I can understand why it would be critically panned, but I love that style.
Yeah, Torque kind of fell victim to Poe's Law. Coming in the wake of the first two Fast & Furious movies, which are already loving ridiculous, a lot of people thought Torque was supposed to be serious.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

TetsuoTW posted:

Yeah, Torque kind of fell victim to Poe's Law. Coming in the wake of the first two Fast & Furious movies, which are already loving ridiculous, a lot of people thought Torque was supposed to be serious.

Well, the producers and Ice Cube certainly did. I dunno about anyone else on set though.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Madkal posted:

You don't say

MY favourite part is how when they're chasing each other, the distance between the two ends becomes ten times as far.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?
The director or Torque was at Frightfest this year with his new movie Detention(Very off the wall movie), he talked about Torque and said he had almost no control over it, he said the producers where taking it very seriously but he could see what it was turning into.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Slasherfan posted:

The director or Torque was at Frightfest this year with his new movie Detention(Very off the wall movie), he talked about Torque and said he had almost no control over it, he said the producers where taking it very seriously but he could see what it was turning into.

He just gave an interview on Badass Digest, and Adam Scott has talked about it before. Some of the cast and the director set out to make the most over the top F&F ripoff they could, tongue firmly in cheek. But some cast members, and the studio, assumed it was serious.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
Last year, the Samuel Goldwyn Company gave you two of the most bizarre and unintentionally hillarious posters to ever grace theaters.

This year… they're going to do it… again!

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Danny Trejo has his torso put on backwards.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
^^ drat you.

Robert Denby posted:

Last year, the Samuel Goldwyn Company gave you two of the most bizarre and unintentionally hillarious posters to ever grace theaters.

My initial reaction was that he had backward clothing, or that his head and feet were spun around somehow.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Trejo AND Perlman? Sold.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Oh hey it's a movie based on an Internet meme loved by racists because it features a crazy old white man beating the poo poo out of a black guy.

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

We're just gonna open our tool palette and... get some entities... how about some nice happy trees? We'll put them near this barn. Give that cow some shade... There.

Robert Denby posted:

I can't not see his right arm end in a stump. I just can't see the hand.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Robert Denby posted:

Wait, is that Professor Professorson on top of the bus there?

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Wait, is that Professor Professorson on top of the bus there?

Yeah :( he seems to thrive on horrible movies and Community.

The Triumphant
Sep 2, 2011

Yeah, I've seen Robocop. Bitches, leave.

oldpainless posted:

Trejo AND Perlman? Sold.

The poster could just be two stick figures with "RON PERLMAN" and "DANNY TREJO" scribbled above them and I'd be on board.

...then again Season of the Witch had Ron Perlman and Nic Cage in it and couldn't manage to be good.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

cool kids inc. posted:

Yeah :( he seems to thrive on horrible movies and Community.

Oh come on man, you were in a stage production of Hamlet, for God's sake.

Farbtoner
May 17, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

TetsuoTW posted:

Oh hey it's a movie based on an Internet meme loved by racists because it features a crazy old white man beating the poo poo out of a black guy.

And then they cast a Mexican to play the white guy :woop:

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Farbtoner posted:

And from what I remember of the trailer, the black guy is played by a white guy.

The nonchalant hipster girl looks exactly the same, though.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Farbtoner posted:

You should check out the YouTube comments for the trailer. Or rather don't.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

TetsuoTW posted:

Oh hey it's a movie based on an Internet meme loved by racists because it features a crazy buff racist old white man beating the poo poo out of a smaller middle-aged black guy.
I added some important parts.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Dissapointed Owl posted:

I really love this poster:

And this one on the other hand... terrible.

So is The Hunter a brooding psychological thriller, or an inspirational family film?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farbtoner
May 17, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Madkal posted:

You should check out the YouTube comments for the trailer. Or rather don't.

I see nothing wrong. ;)