Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Cacahuate posted:

Did the giants piss skyscrapers made of pee or peas? I wasn't clear on that.

I'm sorry, the floor has not been opened for questions. I'm gonna have to dock you points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Need another Jon Hamm episode. I really like that guy.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

The Senator Giroux posted:

I'm sorry, the floor has not been opened for questions. I'm gonna have to dock you points.

The floor is creaking under my weight, it really wants to open!

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

The Senator Giroux posted:

Could you open it, please? I dropped my hat under there.

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
I don't notice when I intrude unless I physically stumble over barbed wire.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
Dear lord, Andy Daly repeatedly throwing all his characters out the window had me unable to breathe. I love this podcast.

Past Tense Ragu
Oct 17, 2005

Intro for latest episode is giving me a panic attack

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Past Tense Ragu posted:

Intro for latest episode is giving me a panic attack

Came here to post the exact same thing. Jesus Christ it's a 7 minute long disclaimer :ohdear:

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
The episode is not really bad at all compared to some of the worst ones, I think he just didn't want people to go "Ugh, Ed Helms is just a bad guest I guess" when he would probably be great on the show with a better situation.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Liked the last ep, but that disclaimer really made me anticipate the absolute worst episode in history, really bummed me out >:(

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
Man, I liked the episode, but that disclaimer. :stare:

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

I thought they were mustard packets.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I see what scott was saying. It wasn't that Ed wasn't funny, it was just that his ideas were a little all over the place. There were a few really great moments though.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

It was still a pretty weak episode and I would have blamed Ed, so I think the into was necessary.
Seth's Gelman impression was incredible though.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Teenage Fansub posted:

Seth's Gelman impression was incredible though.

YES, it was so totally spot-on, I'd love to hear more of that, or get both of them together, maybe get Gelman to take a crack at Bob Ducca.

Really I'm glad that Scott gave that intro. If I had heard that episode without it I would have been a little disappointed that Ed Helms is maybe not as funny as I thought he was.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Yeah it needed that disclaimer, but it kept going and going.
"Ok cool, Ed will play a character live and it might be a it rough..."
8 minutes later
"Oh god this is going to be the worst episode ever produced"

WOULD YOU RATHER:
Have a 15 minute disclaimer before every episode, warning about the quality of the show
or
No characters on the podcast at all?
I'm opening the floor for questions

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Zsinjeh posted:

Yeah it needed that disclaimer, but it kept going and going.
"Ok cool, Ed will play a character live and it might be a it rough..."
8 minutes later
"Oh god this is going to be the worst episode ever produced"

WOULD YOU RATHER:
Have a 15 minute disclaimer before every episode, warning about the quality of the show
or
No characters on the podcast at all?
I'm opening the floor for questions

In the scenario with no characters on the podcast, do I have AIDS?

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Poopy Palpy posted:

In the scenario with no characters on the podcast, do I have AIDS?

Excellent question, this is how we play.

Yes, you do have AIDS. You contracted it from a podcast, and every time you appear on another podcast you pass it on to one of the listeners at random.

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Fil5000 posted:

Yes, you do have AIDS. You contracted it from a podcast, and every time you appear on another podcast you pass it on to one of the listeners at random.

I have a question.

In the scenario where there are 15 minute disclaimers before every podcast, is my life more fulfilling?

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

I have a question.

In the AIDS scenario, do I like having AIDS?

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend
That's easy I'll go with the disclaimers

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Fil5000 posted:

I have two questions. First question is Which podcast do you contract it from, and second question is if the aids will actually make you a funnier person.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I think I'll vote for the 15-minute disclaimer scenario.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

caveman thug poo poo posted:

That's easy I'll go with the disclaimers

SpacePig posted:

I think I'll vote for the 15-minute disclaimer scenario.

I'm sorry, I'm going to have you dock you both points for voting early.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Classic WYR blunder.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Who is giving these disclaimers in the first scenario?

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Leonard Nimoy as Spock

Aoiferz
Jan 30, 2012
In the no characters at all scenario, are there no characters ever again or do we enter an alternate reality where there were never any characters on CBB?

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Does the lack of characters mean that the real-world versions of the current characters being to appear on the show?

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Alastor_the_Stylish posted:

I have a question.

In the scenario where there are 15 minute disclaimers before every podcast, is my life more fulfilling?

Yes, your life is infinitely more fulfilling as you receive royalties as the inventor of the disclaimer.

WoodrowSkillson posted:

I have a question.

In the AIDS scenario, do I like having AIDS?

Yes, you absolutely love it as you consider it a gift from Jesus.

The_Rob posted:

I have two questions. First question is Which podcast do you contract it from, and second question is if the aids will actually make you a funnier person.

You contract AIDS from the BBC Friday night comedy podcast, specifically from an episode of The Now Show that has Jon Culshaw on it (note: I am not suggesting Culshaw has aids, he's just terrible).

And yes, the AIDS makes you funnier; in this scenario, one of the symptoms of AIDS is an increase to the humourosity gland's production.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I have my answer.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

The_Rob posted:

I have my answer.

Oh, please. Don't vote yet. The floor for questions is still open.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

I'm going to recuse myself. Using both questions as a two-parter for Planet Centaur.

Mogambo
Jan 6, 2011

:hurr:
This has been a public service announcement to put me on ignore.
This one's easy, it's president Barack Obama.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Does the scenario where no characters are present have any kind of beginning disclaimer, and if so how long is it?

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

It is 4 days long, and repeats every year

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Lugaloco posted:

I'm going to recuse myself. Using both questions as a two-parter for Planet Centaur.

Followup question - does the "no characters" scenario have any sort of investment opportunity involving Ice-T attached to it?

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

I'd like to go ahead and dock myself 15 points as I had to abstain my role as host due to pressing matters elsewhere.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Fil5000 posted:

Followup question - does the "no characters" scenario have any sort of investment opportunity involving Ice-T attached to it?

Indeed it does! In this scenario Ice-T is looking for investors for his all new animal rescue service! Mainly situated in the middle of the Sahara Desert (known for it's lack of animal rescue coverage and hence a seller's market), Ice-T plans on getting the best vehicles for the job in order to get those animals to safety as quick as possible. Ice-T's Camel Tow is a sure-fire success!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
In the "No characters" scenario, does that also apply to Bob Ducca, who now has his own podcast, or to the characters portrayed by Paul F. Tompkins, who also exist in his own podcast?