Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HonkingGood
Mar 18, 2012
This is a new account because I don't want my political/religious/video gaming views to get in the way.

Job Seeker

Location: I currently live in the DC area, but I am open to any opportunities worldwide.

Education: BS Computer Science

Experience: 8 years of software development and team/project management

Skills
I have touched a bit of everything in my development career. I fancied myself a 3D graphics engineer coming out of college, but most of my career has been in research and development into data visualization and transformation. My work has touched both client and server technologies, thin and thick clients, 'Big Data' technologies. I have lead teams and provided technical expertise across a variety of domains. I could fill this space with keyword soup, but that is what a resume is for, right?

What am I looking for?
I am just looking for fun problems to solve using my diverse software experience. The harder and more ambitious the project/problem, the better. Does it require cutting edge technology and someone who learns and adapts quickly? Good. Does it require a skilled engineer who is also great at interfacing with customers/clients? Even better.

I have PMs and you can email me at my username at gmail dot com.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Are any goons interested in connecting on LinkedIn? If we're all in this job seeking boat we may as well start talking. You can PM me or email me at username @ gmail.com.

Sutureself
Sep 23, 2007

Well, here's my answer...
For a second there I thought you nabbed 'username' and that would have been the best thing ever! ... I assume you just mean your username.

Anyway, I am still a job seeker.
Looking For: A career in mechanical/design/biomedical engineering, preferably on medical devices, and preferably at a startup or other fairly small/new company.

PM or e-mail at sutureself.sa @ gmail . I've done projects of all sorts: microelectronics and robotics, image processing and microfluidics, reverse engineering and SolidWorks, and some biomechanics/FEA work.

Monarchy
Apr 4, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
I dunno if this counts as A JOOOOB but we have a pretty thick backlog and a steady supply of new orders so I figure anyody who can produce at an OK rate would have a lot to do...

Sup goons.

I'm looking for some cool writers to pitch in with a service I've been offering to custom design/write/promote small websites with different themes.

I'm trying to get them in packs - 5 articles of around 500 words apiece on different topics. I'll provide a subject and a list of keywords:

(ex - BABY STROLLERS - McLaren Volo Stroller XL, Lightweight Strollers, Bob Duallie Stroller, McLaren Triumph. Gracie Flint Stroller)

...and you write something nice for it. Sometimes it's product reviews, sometimes it's general advice, and none of is hard to research at all.

It's a tiny bit less than Demand Studios ($60 per batch of five, that is, $12 per article) but I'm way less insane and demanding... we don't need citations for anything (trusting you not to plagiarize here). Turnaround time should be within a week, but really it shouldn't take that long. Keep in mind, the more stuff you write the more you get paid.

I'm a little behind so the sooner you can start the better. Send me a PM or email zba.buchanan through gmail. I'm here all the time and I'm available to give advice and feedback.

Monarchy fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Mar 19, 2012

whee
Oct 16, 2005
all set

whee fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Mar 26, 2021

The Peacock
Dec 3, 2010
Job Opening - Call Center- Various
Where: Windsor, ON Canada

Job Description:
We need people with customer service/call center backgrounds to do technical support and inbound calling. Right now we're also looking for people who are bi-lingual (French and English) for tax time.

We are currently hiring for the following positions:
Inbound Sales Consultant: Monday – Saturday, 8AM to 8PM
Technical Support Consultant: Sunday – Saturday, 24/7

Must:
Have completed High School diploma or equivalent
Are at least 18 years old
May legally work in Canada
Are able to work any time during the week as are positions may require up to 24/7 availability.(You’d only work 35-44 hours each week though)
Are self motivated, detail oriented, organized and flexible
Can learn new material
Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
Are proficient in Microsoft Office, internet, basic PC and keyboarding skills
Bi-lingual is an asset, but NOT required.

Benefits after 90 days, holidays off, paid vacation, guaranteed full-time hours, with full-time, paid training!

If anyone is interested, please email me at mhorne15 at GMAIL dot com.

The Peacock fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Mar 21, 2012

yoyomama
Dec 28, 2008
I figure that I'll try this again since I'm finishing grad school.

Job Seeker

Education: BA (Psychology); MA pending (Communication)

Experience:
Quantitative and qualitative research (interviews, experiments, surveys, etc.): Both academic and professional experience. Worked as a research assistant during my undergrad and before starting graduate school. I'm currently doing research for my thesis. (~1.5 years, outside of academic experience)

Writing (literature reviews, reports, etc.): Part of my duties working as a research assistant was doing literature searches, writing literature reviews and helping with writing reports. Currently gaining more writing experience during my graduate studies.

Teaching: Currently teaching a writing class, have previously been a teaching assistant. Have also been a tutor and done volunteer work related to teaching people food safety. (~2+ years)

Administrative/office/customer service: Was an administrative assistant and did office work during and after my undergraduate studies. Did various duties related to filing, managing patient paperwork, editing contracts, answering phones, general customer service, help desk, etc. (4+ years)

What I'm looking for: research assistant/associate/analyst positions; related entry level non-profit work (program assistant, administrative assistant, etc.)

I preferably want to work in the non-profit sector, dedicated to social issues regarding race, gender, education, etc. That said, I'm open to any positions that are a good match with my experience.

Requirements: Full-time

When I can start: May 15 at the earliest

Contact: I'll give out my SA email, and from there can give my regular email to those that contact me.
yoyomama dot sa at gmail

vvv Thank you so much! I sent you an email.

yoyomama fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Mar 24, 2012

amethystbliss
Jan 17, 2006

yoyomama posted:

What I'm looking for: research assistant/associate/analyst positions; related entry level non-profit work (program assistant, administrative assistant, etc.)

I'm in research and although I'm not a hiring official, I know a number of PIs who are hiring. If you send your CV to amethystbliss@gmail.com, I'll have a look and see if you'd be a good match for some of the vacancies I know of :).

RoboTiio
Dec 29, 2007
ointernet!

Cup of Hemlock posted:

Are any goons interested in connecting on LinkedIn? If we're all in this job seeking boat we may as well start talking. You can PM me or email me at username @ gmail.com.

Based on your avatar, are you a Berkeley undergrad/graduate? Going to drop you an e-mail, fellow Cal alumnus over here.

I like turtles
Aug 6, 2009

no longer looking

I like turtles fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Apr 17, 2015

Pokkahn
Nov 23, 2003
Tree fallin
Job Opening - Duluth, GA

(Copy paste from our website)

Employment Type: Full Time
Department: Global Business Services
Description: SYSTEMS ANALYST:

BASIC PURPOSE:

The Systems Analyst is a critical role in the successful deployment of Horizon’s proprietary software solutions

PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITIES:
The Systems Analyst staff is responsible for business process and technical consultation, installation, training, and supporting new client installations.

Duties: ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:

The Horizon Systems Analyst will be responsible for a wide range of onsite tasks including hardware assembly and configuration, software installation and configuration, and customer training. Travel time ranges from 90% to 100% usually week to week. The Systems Analyst must be able to lift up to 100 Lbs from the floor to a table surface, work on their feet for 8+ hours a day, and endure long work hours if required. There will also potentially be opportunities for long term relocation assignments.

Qualifications: RESPONSIBILITIES AND ADDITIONAL DUTIES:
When not traveling, members of the SA team may be asked to assist with Technical Support, Professional Services, or short term projects.

JOB SPECIFICATIONS/PERSONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
Four year IT degree (MIS, Computer Science, IST, Systems Engineering) or
Computer Certification (A+, MCP, MCSE) or
DoD Computer Systems Training and IT appropriate work experience
Must possess a positive attitude
Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
Strong interpersonal skills
Ability to train users with varying computer experience
Ability to quickly identify and solve problems
Career-minded with a strong work ethic
Must be self-sufficient yet work well as part of a team
90% travel required
Must be able to obtain a security clearance
Windows 2000 / XP / Server 2000 & 2003
Intermediate Networking
Intermediate Database skills (SQL, SQL+)
Basic Database Administration
Write and execute basic queries
MS Office (w/ emphasis on Access & Excel)
Retail IT / Food Service Industry IT / Healthcare IT
Previous Customer Training skills
Programming skills (Visual Basic .NET, Crystal Reports, MS Access, and XML)
Project Management experience, familiarity with MS Project

We Need AT LEAST 3 Full Time employees. After being hired you will be trained on our software and practices then probably reassigned to one of contracts we desperately need ppl to fill (they are about 3-6 month assignments)

Questions and resumes sent to me. I will forward them directly to our hiring manager.

esmith at horizonsoftware dot com

Digital Scumbag
Feb 11, 2010
Job Seeker
My experience: 10+ years customer service, retail, restaurant, and warehouse. I'm a laborer!
What I'm looking for: Stable work in one of the categories above or an entry-level position.
What I'm NOT looking for: Commission-based earnings or cold-calling. Any bootstrap gumption Vector/Cutco bullshit.
Where I live: Glendale, AZ.
Where I'm looking: Anywhere in the West Valley. Tolleson, Glendale, Peoria, even Surprise.
When I can start: ASAP.
Requirements: More than 15 hours a week.
Can be reached via: ctpreciado@gmail.com

Secret Machine
Jun 20, 2005

What the Hell?

Job Seeker

Education: BS in Criminal Justice

My experience: I have 6 years of customer service experience in various retail stores/restaurants.

I have 2.5 years of experience as a project supervisor in transportation construction (PennDOT/Turnpike). I do estimates, work orders, payroll, IT support, scheduling, inspection and a whole lot of other miscellaneous jobs.

What I'm looking for: Pretty much anything that isn't sales/cold calling/etc. I'm flexible.

What I'm NOT looking for: Temp/contract work, long commute

Requirements: Full-time, benefits

When I can start: 1 month from offer date

Can be reached via: PM or email racermach1 at gmail

Doghouse
Oct 22, 2004

I was playing Harvest Moon 64 with this kid who lived on my street and my cows were not doing well and I got so raged up and frustrated that my eyes welled up with tears and my friend was like are you crying dude. Are you crying because of the cows. I didn't understand the feeding mechanic.
This is my wife, who is not a goon:

Job Seeker

Location: We want to relocate to Baltimore, so anywhere which is a reasonable commute from there.

Education: Graduating with Bachelor's in May - Mechanical Engineering. Very good school and very good GPA.

My experience: Two full time internships, one at a materials engineering and metallurgical testing company and another at a company that makes custom air filters. Extensive experience in CAD and more.

What I'm looking for: Any kind of mechanical engineering, preferably aerospace.

Requirements: Full time position with benefits.

When I can start: June

Can be reached via: PM, or email sadoghouse at yahoo dot com.

Gravitom
Jul 27, 2001

Looking to hire

Senior Systems Engineer (AD/Exchange/VMware/SAN)

New York, NY

Boutique Investment banking firm seeks a senior systems engineer with deep knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, VMware ESX and SAN technologies. This role reports to the VP of Technology and will be the second most senior hands-on role and point of escalation. Candidates must have experience managing large (100+) server environments, multiple site global networks, site build outs, evaluating and recommending new technologies. Candidates are expected to be able work independently as well as mentor team members.

Technical Requirements

• Advanced knowledge with Enterprise-class SANs including SAN-to-SAN replication, NAS, iSCSI, replication, backup and recovery
• Advanced knowledge with Active Directory including multi-site, multi-domain topologies, complex replication and design.
• Advanced knowledge with Microsoft Exchange including DAG Groups, Disaster recovery, multi-domain topologies, distributed server roles for high availability.
• Advanced knowledge with VMware including high availability and DRS.
• Intermediate knowledge of Networking including VPN, Firewall ACLs and L2/L3 switching.

Preferred Experience

• Financial industry experience and polish
• Experience with MS SQL Server, MS Sharepoint, Blackberry Server, Avaya Voice Systems and Linux.

Comp: $80-120k + bonus + great benefits

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

RoboTiio posted:

Based on your avatar, are you a Berkeley undergrad/graduate? Going to drop you an e-mail, fellow Cal alumnus over here.

Drop me a PM too. Networking is cool, go bears.

mrParkbench
Sep 20, 2008
Here goes, been looking for a while, still nothing satisfactory.

Job Seeker

Education: BASc in Engineering Physics, MASc in Electrical/Biomedical Engineering.

Experience/skills:

Recent Master's grad.

Research experience in photonics/laser physics, biomedical imaging/device design.
Expertise in optical simulations (FDTD, SMM), programming in MATLAB, C++, Java, Python. Physical modelling and simulation/Monte Carlo.

My MASc thesis involved designing and characterizing a portable format multi-modality neural imaging system, so I have some understanding of neurophysiology and cortical hemodynamics as well. I also have some experience with practical semiconductor physics and fabrication, and solid understanding of electronics, digital signal processing, control systems, etc.

What I'm Looking For: A nice job in applied physics/engineering, preferred fields are biomedical devices/imaging or solar technology developement (this could mean semiconductor or optical positions.) Preferably in a research-oriented environment. But I'm open to other positions in simulation, programming, control systems, etc.

You can PM me or Email me at bingu at hotmail dot ca

Thanks!

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

Gravitom posted:

Senior Systems Engineer (AD/Exchange/VMware/SAN)

New York, NY

Boutique Investment banking firm seeks a senior systems engineer
Comp: $80-120k + bonus + great benefits
Not to be a fly in the ointment, but do you feel the compensation fits the role, location, and company? Entry-level people are getting $80k in sysadmin roles in NYC right now.

Vulture Culture fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Mar 28, 2012

RoboTiio
Dec 29, 2007
ointernet!

Mandalay posted:

Drop me a PM too. Networking is cool, go bears.

I don't have PMs, but here's my e-mail if you want to get acquainted:

evanklaus[at]gmail[dot]com

woo berkeley :toot:

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

RoboTiio posted:

woo berkeley :toot:

I'll get in on this networking too, PMs. Good stuff!

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Somewhat similar to mrParkbench, but way earlier in life:

Job Seeker

Location: Worcester, Massachusetts (willing to move around MA area)

Education: BS in Biomedical Engineering

Experience/skills:

Experience with MRI and CT image processing and analysis. MATLAB experience as well as LabVIEW and some SolidWorks. Have done projects regarding biomechanics, medical devices, and biomaterials. Interest in medical imaging and medical physics.

My interest in imaging developed while I was a summer intern at Mayo Clinic in 2010. I assisted the Medical Physics department at MCF in quality control of Siemens fMRI systems, analyzed the accuracy of radiation dosimetry cards, and received a basic introduction to applied fields of Medical Physics, Radiation Oncology, etc. Last summer, I took an internship at UMass Medical Center performing quantitative analysis of microCT images, and produced a MATLAB script to aid with osteoclast segmentation.

I would like to learn more about about the more practical side of medical imaging and applications thereof. I am also interested in work related to biomaterials, as that is what I have been most exposed to in my education so far. I am slated to get my degree by mid-June of 2012.

What I'm Looking For: An entry-level job where I can apply my skills in a useful manner as well as strengthen and build upon them. Ideally, one related to biomedical engineering, not limited solely to imaging. As I am a fresh graduate, I may require training if necessary.

You can PM me, or contact me at retrocombine at GMail.

Chef Bromden
Jun 4, 2009
Job Seeker

Education: Union College (Schenectady, NY) BA in English, Certified EMT, Certified Personal Trainer, scored a 165 on the LSAT's

Experience: Varied professional experience, but most recently managed an upscale health club for 2+ years. The position placed an emphasis on customer service, hospitality, and interactions with member base. I worked on the openings of two new clubs, forming partnerships with local businesses, politicians, and local community groups to promote the brand within the community. I was an accomplished sales person responsible for monthly sales goals in multiple departments, and the training of a staff of 27 in the basics of sales. I dealt with vendors, suppliers, and contractors while overseeing the day to day maintenance and operations of the club. I developed a pilot personal training program, hired a team of personal trainers and established protocol for the new program. Currently doing odd job consulting work for a couple of financial services firms I interviewed with. The details aren't important there, as the jobs are very short term and very general.

What I'm looking for: I'm looking to switch industries. I have really soured on the health club industry and would like to find a different field. I have most recently been interested in either the Medical or the Legal field, but I am open to anything. I understand that I will need to go back to school , but I would like to test out whatever industry I move into next before I commit to schooling.

Requirements: Flexible, but I am looking for a company with a well established corporate environment, preferably with a decent professional development program.

When I can start: ASAP

Contact: Chef dot Bromden at Gmail dot com and I'll get in touch with my real info/resume etc.

Chef Bromden fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Apr 12, 2012

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Pollyanna posted:

Location: Worcester, Massachusetts (willing to move around MA area)

WPI?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

wins32767 posted:

WPI?

Ayup, though I will be leaving soon.

wins32767
Mar 16, 2007

Pollyanna posted:

Ayup, though I will be leaving soon.
I still have nightmares about not having graduated properly and needing to go back for one class and I've been gone for over a decade.

That's not to say I didn't love being there, but I understand your feeling a little too well.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.
Job Seeker

Location: New York City (Willing to move if salary above $60K)

Education: BA in Corporate Communications

Experience/skills:

Worked as marketer across many different, seemingly unrelated, sectors including iPhone Apps, Fashion and Finance. Most recently worked at a major Financial News Service as Marketing Manager.

Developed North American and European marketing campaigns for the flagship products of a major financial news provider, a portfolio worth over 10mm annually. Defined marketing objectives, evaluated existing programs, and developed a series of targeted promotions and direct mail marketing campaigns. Improved online sales through rebranding and improved targeting methods. Spearheaded the redesign of the customer communication plan and email blasts. Created and updated online landing pages. Maintained steady revenue against prior year despite increased product costs and competitive business market. Managed production and design of promotional materials and mailings. Oversaw event sponsorship at conferences and trade shows and negotiated marketing agreements which saved the company $10,000. Provided on-time monthly P&L reports while consistently under-budget on marketing spend

What I'm Looking For:

Prefer to work in a "younger" sector such as technology. I seriously love marketing because a product can only push itself so far, but the way a products ecosystem promotes itself is pivotal to how it's seen in public. Having a positive public image (through marketing of course!) is essential. Working for Microsoft, Google or Samsung would be a dream for me. I love electronics and am a early adopter with most technologies.

My background in business is varied and cuts across several traditionally separate departments. Having worked within the technology sector, publishing industry, and fashion industry has afforded me the unique experience of being able to see an idea from a technological, fiscal and design angle. My involvement in these fields gives me the skill to understand each facet of business and how they correlate, and more importantly how to create cohesion.

I've left some of the details of my experience purposely vague, so please PM me or email me for resume if you are interested in me.

You can PM me, or contact me at metalgear AT gmail.com

Please be aware, I am using my NON PROFESSIONAL email address because of privacy concerns. Don't judge me for my gmail address. Haha.

dietcokefiend
Apr 28, 2004
HEY ILL HAV 2 TXT U L8TR I JUST DROVE IN 2 A DAYCARE AND SCRATCHED MY RAZR
Job Opening: We are looking for a freelance writer to help cover storage news in the consumer and enterprise space. Candidates must have excellent English writing skills and should be proficient in current client and enterprise storage technologies.

Location: Global, if by some chance you are local to Cincinnati, OH... perfect

Experience: Tech geek at heart, know what an SSD is or how it differs from a HDD. Loves to tinker with the latest gadgets.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

dietcokefiend posted:

freelance writer

This dude is pretty legit. Wrote stuff, got paid. Good times.

kgognaun
Oct 18, 2011
JOB SEEKER

Service: Personal tutor for MCAT, SAT, ACT, Step 1. Received in 90% of all these tests. I have also been Kaplan and Princeton Review certified.

Location: NEW ORLEANS and surrounding areas and schools/ colleges

Experience: Been doing this all my life, want to make it more full time.

If ANYONE browsing this knows of people in the New Orleans/Baton Rough/ surrounding area and are studying for the MCAT (most popular) can you please let them know of my offer. I know the personal rates the test prep companies offer and I offer the same services at 10% the cost.

Contact

kgognaun@gmail.com
818-653-4649

Please Goons, help me out! Ill even give you a finders fee or whatever:)

n00b
Jul 13, 2006
Job Seeker

Education: Civil Eng Tech Diploma, current Political Science undergrad student

Experience: 2 years in civil eng industry doing field & lab work, a long history of retail/customer service/restaurant part-time jobs to get through school.

What am I looking for?
I'm looking for a summer job or internship in the GTA, preferably related to non-profit/government/policy/economics/social justice, but am just as happy doing office admin work. I'm a volunteer global financial analyst with a research group and would love to gain more research experience over the summer, if you know of any organizations or non-profits who need some extra help over the summer, please get in touch!

tl;dr Any summer employment for a Social Sciences undergrad student?

welshboy 64 at gmail dot com (no spaces)

frogge
Apr 7, 2006

JOB SEEKER

Experience: 3 years of Education and light office work, 2 years of Culinary, miscellaneous construction and 2 years of grocery store work.

Education: Bachelor's Degree in Liberal Arts, emphasis in Social Sciences and Psychology.

What I'm looking for: Entry-level Office.

Contact (this is not my professional email address, that will be included in my resume.)
tekjansen at email dot com

Whitecloak
Dec 12, 2004

ARISE
JOB SEEKER

Experience: 5 years of office work in medical records during college. Taught English overseas, saw a tsunami for my troubles. I've done research and wrote copy for a local business. Sundry paid political work best left off of my resume.

Education: B.A. in Political Science.

What I'm looking for: Entry-level office work or an in/reference/lead for a position at one of the companies around here. I've a desire for things like 'health insurance' and 'enough money to both pay rent and eat food.' Nothing too fancy is required, just a start for something stable.

Contact: Shoot me an email at whitecloak at gmail dot com. The resume has a different email used for more professional purposes.

Thanks goons.

Mr. Pool
Jul 10, 2001
JOB OPENINGS

Industry: Chemicals/Printing/Electronics/Nanotech/???

Developer of graphene-based inks, coatings, anode materials,composites is looking to hire a range of R&D staff. Our current facility is pretty modest and quite full with the staff we have, but demand for our products is high and we're likely to move to a much larger site soon..

I'm just going to go ahead and direct people to our actual website since there are only three relevant graphene producers in the U.S. and just saying we're the one in Maryland gives it all away.

https://www.vorbeck.com

Chemist: PhD level chemist sought with experience in solvent based nanomaterial dispersion. Experience in paint/ink/coating industries desirable
Electrical Engineer: Must have "hands-on" circuit building skills, experience with thin films and/or printed conductors, flexible substrates. Design/modeling skills also a bonus.
Mechanical Engineer: PhD level engineer sought for research and testing of graphene-enhanced structural/conductive polymers
R&D Technician: Entry level position to assist with various R&D projects, quality control, lab operations

U.S. citizen required for all positions

PM me if interested

sim
Sep 24, 2003

JOB OPENING

Industry: Web Development

Cross-posting from here.

I am leaving SiteGoals, so they are looking to replace me. They need a Front-end Developer who can build and maintain client sites built with HTML5, CSS3, and jQuery. Experience with creating Wordpress themes from scratch is a definite plus. Being able to work with CodeIgniter is another plus.

PM or email me directly: jordan [at] sitegoals [dot] com

tiananman
Feb 6, 2005
Non-Headkins Splatoma
Job Opening(s)

Industry: Marketing & Online Publishing

Both roles are in our brand new office here in gorgeous central Vermont - minutes from multiple ski resorts, hiking, biking, fishing, swimming, etc.

It's a small and growing company of mostly 20 and 30 something employees. We working hard to double our size every year, and since I've been here for 2 plus years, we've done just that.

We all work really hard here and we don't have any room for pikers, but we have a lot of fun and have some neat perks.

So we have two jobs, a full time marketing coordinator, and a customer service coordinator. I get a bonus for filling these positions, and I'll gladly split it 50/50 with anyone who gets hired.

I've posted both job descriptions below. If you're interested you can respond to either job by dropping a message to kevin [dott] michael [dott] mcelroy gmail

The Marketing Coordinator will support the Marketing team with the execution of day-to-day production tasks and details of online marketing initiatives to ensure success. In this position you’ll work closely with copywriters, researchers, analysts, designers and report directly to our Vice President of Marketing,.

Every day will be different in this position with a wide variety of tasks and responsibilities as a key team member in this important role. Relevant work experience is important, but we also want a positive attitude, an eagerness to learn, and a desire to “hit the numbers”.

In this role you’ll focus on two key objectives:

• To support the marketing team to grow subscription revenues through direct response marketing, including cross selling, up selling, and affiliate marketing.

• To support the growth of our free users through lead generation efforts including search engine marketing (SEM), online advertising, and search engine optimization (SEO).

The successful Marketing Coordinator must be energetic, ready to take on a challenging and results oriented role, have a positive attitude and a high level of attention to detail.

Job Responsibilities

• Update daily metrics report and measure marketing efforts
• Maintain and update existing lead generation web site content
• Maintain and update paid subscription web site content
• Produce and send paid subscription and free e-letters to subscribers through StrongMail email marketing platform
• Assist with the launch of new products and new marketing campaigns
• Execute production of daily and weekly advertisements that drive sales of paid subscription investment newsletters
• Prepare marketing collateral materials including email creative, special reports, and subscriber premiums
• Setup order pages and landing pages, including tracking codes
• Layout newsletters in HTML template and PDF format
• Develop timely reporting on actionable data
• Administrative support as needed
• Maintain and enhance our social media presence
• Perform a variety of other marketing support functions

Key Qualifications

• Proficiency with HTML and Photoshop Required
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office software required
• Strong understanding of the Internet required
• Strong written and verbal communication skills required
• Internet / online work experience required
• Organization skills to manage multiple projects
• Marketing writing and editing experience
• Interest in investments and stocks preferred

This is a full time salaried position based in our Richmond, Vermont office. This position includes benefits including universal leave, paid health insurance, dental insurance, 401k, cash bonuses, profit sharing, a monthly wellness stipend, and you’ll even get to take your birthday as paid-time off work.

The second job is a temp to possible FT hire as a customer service rep. Pretty straightforward:

XXX company is looking for a customer service/data entry support individual for a special project starting TODAY. Estimated at 25 plus hours of work and will pay you an hourly wage. This is currently a temporary project however there is potential for additional contract, part-time, or even full time employment.

Are you fluid in email communication, detailed oriented, and willing and capable to learn our customer support systems? We are ready for you today! Contact us now. This opportunity is only available now, and will conclude before April 20th.

devoir
Nov 16, 2007
Done.

devoir fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Apr 29, 2012

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

Mr. Pool posted:

JOB OPENINGS

Industry: Chemicals/Printing/Electronics/Nanotech/???

Developer of graphene-based inks, coatings, anode materials,composites is looking to hire a range of R&D staff. Our current facility is pretty modest and quite full with the staff we have, but demand for our products is high and we're likely to move to a much larger site soon..

I'm just going to go ahead and direct people to our actual website since there are only three relevant graphene producers in the U.S. and just saying we're the one in Maryland gives it all away.

https://www.vorbeck.com

R&D Technician: Entry level position to assist with various R&D projects, quality control, lab operations

U.S. citizen required for all positions

PM me if interested

Very interested in this position, but no PM. Mind shooting me an email at barry.wainstock@gmail.com ?

Sutureself
Sep 23, 2007

Well, here's my answer...
Mr. Pool I sent you a PM but haven't heard back. I think it was at 4 am and I was falling asleep, so I hope I was intelligible?

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Golden Bear is ever watching; day by day he prowls, and when he hears the tread of lowly Stanfurd red,from his Lair he fiercely growls.
Toilet Rascal
Job Opening(s)

Industry: Insurance - Call Center

Currently looking for sales representatives who will assist seniors in making insurance decisions (Medicare Sales).

Drive sales and revenue by assisting customers in making healthcare decisions over the phone.
    Meet monthly sales and performance goals.
    Remain current on products and processes in a multi-product environment.
    Abide by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Medicare Marketing Guidelines and company policies and procedures.
    Consistently attain monthly sales goals.
    Make outbound calls to follow up on and close business.
    Other duties and projects will be assigned as needed.

QUalifications include:

Will typically possess 1 year experience in an individual sales environment, with a successful track record of goal achievement.
    Excellent computer software skills, i.e. Word, Excel, Project and Internet skills.
    Excellent oral and written communication skills.
    Prefer BA/BS; High School Diploma required.
    Selling via Internet channel background a plus.
    Call center experience a plus.
    Must be flexible in hours you are able to work (possible weekends).
    Insurance knowledge a plus!

The job listing is here:

http://tbe.taleo.net/NA11/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=EHEALTHINSURANCE&cws=1&rid=455

In addition, we have positions for more experienced reps:

Will typically possess 2+ years industry experience in: a broker or insurance company, Medicare and/or individual sales environment, with a successful track record of goal achievement.
    Familiarity with CMS and Health Care reform rules and regulations.
    Experience selling Individual and/or senior insurance products.
    Excellent computer software skills, i.e. Word, Excel, Project and Internet skills.
    Utah Life/Health Agents license.
    Prefer BA/BS; High School Diploma required.
    Selling via Internet channel background a plus.
    Must be flexible in hours you are able to work (possible weekends).

http://tbe.taleo.net/NA11/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=EHEALTHINSURANCE&cws=1&rid=487

PM Me or email at jinukshin@gmail.com if you're interested. We also have positions in Sacramento and Boston for those that are interested.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a egg
Jan 10, 2006
We are a mobile app development studio in Austin, TX that has undergone a great deal of growth. As such, we are looking to add a Android (and iOS if applicable) developer. We prefer the person to be in the Austin area. We are open to working with all levels of developers, but we would like to see samples of your work.

We are a small firm, so expect to have a broad scope of responsibility and an ownership stake.

Contact me at mike@techarati.com if you would like to discuss further. Please no contracting, consulting, or remote work offers.

Thanks!