Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aoiferz
Jan 30, 2012
In the no characters scenario, does it mean more or less Paul F. Tompkins than there is presently?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

It means more! But even the man you know as PFT was actually a character and the real man is very, very racist, more so then even Mclaine Stevenson from MASH.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
So just to sum up the situation so far then - we can choose between a world in which there are no characters on the CBB podcast, but PFT is a racist and we have to endure a four day long disclaimer once a year. Also we have AIDS that we contracted from an episode of The Now Show featuring Jon Culshaw, and appearing on a podcast causes us to pass the AIDS on. However the AIDS DOES make us funnier, we love it and we have the opportunity to invest in Ice T's Camel Tow.

In the other scenario, Leonard Nimoy is giving 15 minute disclaimers at the start of every CBB podcast and we receive massive royalties as the inventor of the disclaimer.

I'd like to ask, in the disclaimer scenario, is Leonard Nimoy delivering his disclaimer in character, and if so, is it as Spock or as The Great Paris?

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.

Fil5000 posted:

I'd like to ask, in the disclaimer scenario, is Leonard Nimoy delivering his disclaimer in character, and if so, is it as Spock or as The Great Paris?

Maybe he's singing it a'la "Ballad of Bilbo Baggins"

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.

Goose Halo posted:

Man, I liked the episode, but that disclaimer. :stare:

Teenage Fansub posted:

It was still a pretty weak episode and I would have blamed Ed, so I think the into was necessary.
Seth's Gelman impression was incredible though.

Yeah, uh, well, I can see that. I never thought about it like that.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

WoodrowSkillson posted:

Leonard Nimoy as Spock
He's already Spock.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

WoodrowSkillson posted:

He's already Spock.

But the title of his autobiography CLEARLY STATES HE IS NOT SPOCK.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Does anyone have a point total so far?

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Fil5000 posted:

It's as the director of Three Men and a Baby, of course.

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

I have a question. If I'm on Catalina island and I'm in Avelon but I need to get over to Alcatraz, is there any sort of ferry I can take?

(If you don't remember it)

bowser fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Apr 11, 2012

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

xbilkis posted:

It's as the director of Three Men and a Baby, of course.

Ok, so is he directing me during the disclaimer? And am I hanging out with Ted Danson, Steve Guttenberg and Tom Selleck?

What I guess I'm asking is "Am I the baby from Three Men and a Baby in this scenario?"

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Fil5000 posted:

Ok, so is he directing me during the disclaimer? And am I hanging out with Ted Danson, Steve Guttenberg and Tom Selleck?

What I guess I'm asking is "Am I the baby from Three Men and a Baby in this scenario?"

No, but you are the ghost of the kid who died on the set.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Poopy Palpy posted:

I think you mean the cardboard cutout.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

Poopy Palpy posted:

And in this scenario, am I related to Ghost Dad?

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Fil5000 posted:

And in this scenario, am I related to Ghost Dad?

Yes, you are Ghost Nephew.

AND THE FLOOR IS CLOSED! May I have your answers please?

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
After that disclaimer I got scared. After two minutes of Helms I fast forwarded to WYR. Should i actually listen to it?

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

jimcunningham posted:

After that disclaimer I got scared. After two minutes of Helms I fast forwarded to WYR. Should i actually listen to it?
It got better as it went but no, you probably didn't really miss anything.

isnt that right
Dec 8, 2009

jimcunningham posted:

Its not like offensively bad or anything, it just feels like nothing really happens. Although there are one or two pretty funny lines, so it might be worth a shot.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Yeah, it's a slight episode. The Morris interview's all right and Helms is funny, but it isn't fantastic. I can see why it was "unreleased", but it was cool that we got to listen to it and got a little background info. Like, I was kind of surprised how tight Seth Morris's schedule was for doin the show. You get the feeling that it's a real casual, hangout show but it really is a passion for most of them that they have to make time for.

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

I just got back from Adomian's live taping in Portland. It was wonderful and in the top 15% of comedy performances I've seen. I recommend it, whenever it comes out.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Yes, you are Ghost Nephew.

AND THE FLOOR IS CLOSED! May I have your answers please?
I will go with the no characters choice. Not so much for the lack of characters but more for the appeal of AIDS. I've gone most of my adult life without it and it just feels like I'm sort of stuck in a rut of doing the same thing all day. Not living with AIDS, I mean.

And I get to have a sense of humor as well? It's a no-brainer!

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
There's a friday episode this week, and the new game is so funny. It's the stupidest loving thing.

SUPER IRAN-CONTRA
Jun 23, 2004

La Revolucion no tiene tiempo para elecciones

Mr. Squishy posted:

There's a friday episode this week, and the new game is so funny. It's the stupidest loving thing.

you're not kidding

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
I was actually surprised at how unfunny Will Forte was in this episode. Maybe unfunny is a bit harsh, but it seemed like he didn't catch on to any of Scott's absurd jokes. I guess I can't fault him for never having heard the show before, but I just assumed he would be quicker witted. He stammered A LOT.

And I love Will Forte, he has a lifetime pass from me after his portrayal of Abe Lincoln.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Cast No Engine posted:

I guess I can't fault him for never having heard the show before

I can. How hard would it be to check out one episode for prep?

The episode was okay, but I don't really think he needed to air these if he was unhappy with them rather than taking a week off.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
Pretty sure the real reason scott sat on the episode is the butt plug line from the plugs theme.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I'm convinced he didn't release it just because of that game. Holy poo poo what a waste of time.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
the game seemed like a great set-up (for what I have no idea) that never went anywhere, like Scott hadn't thought the whole thing through yet but needed something to stall for the situation he was in.

I've got to say though, while this week's episodes weren't anything to write home about they weren't the worst ones I've heard. And if you look at the quality of the last several episodes...I'm more than willing to give Scott a break on these.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
What's the episode where Ice-T gets so mad he cracks up laughing?

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Jing it. That's Will. Ding it. That's Will. Ding it. That's Will. Ding it. That's Will. Jing it. That's Will.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

Yessss Marissa Wompler is back. I love Jessica St. Clair and Lennon Parham, but I'm afraid to watch their new show for fear that I'll hate it.

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
So read to Womp It Up!

edit: ugh, "ready"

Piquai Souban fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Apr 16, 2012

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend
WOMP IT UP! WOMP IT UP! WOMP IT UP!

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend
Womp it up, womp it in, let me begin.

I came to womp, womp with me, womp again.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Oh, no. So much for a productive Monday.

canbuh Ibuh touch your tibuhty?

E: good episode, but man that was a lot disjointed characterization

Urk! fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Apr 16, 2012

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

plastered quack posted:

Oh, no. So much for a productive Monday.

canbuh Ibuh touch your tibuhty?

E: good episode, but man that was a lot disjointed characterization

Turn around.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Marissa Wompler seems a lot more toned down than on previous episodes.

The discussion of the "holding technique" reminded me of the movie Warrendale.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!

Conduit for Sale! posted:

Yessss Marissa Wompler is back. I love Jessica St. Clair and Lennon Parham, but I'm afraid to watch their new show for fear that I'll hate it.
It has started relatively strong, and all the characters are likable. I can't help but hear Marissa Wompler whenever Jessica St. Clair speaks, but it's a fun show. Become a Neilsen Family and check it out.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Scott Aukerman singing "Wipeout" will never not make me cry on the bus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

The weird like "OOoooooOOOhhhhh baby" parts he threw in at the end made it for me.