Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

the_american_dream posted:

hahaha no. No it does not

Those red posters from earlier that people were saying suck are awesome once you've seen the movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

the_american_dream posted:

hahaha no. No it does not

What the big twist then? Give us a spoiler post, as I won't see this until it's out on streaming.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.

Cartoon Man posted:

Does anybody collect old movie posters like this? Have you been burned by any fakes?

Knowing people who collect old posters, fakes and counterfeits are a huge problem. There's a site called Cinemasterpieces that has some good comparisons between fake and real original posters.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

What the big twist then? Give us a spoiler post, as I won't see this until it's out on streaming.

:siren: :siren: :siren:
SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT SPOILER ALERT

The whole scenario is one of many being carried out all over the world, controlled by a group who are attempting to appease ancient gods with a sacrifice of young people. They control the kids with pheromones, genetically engineered monsters and a force field that keeps them from escaping. All the other scenarios fail early on in the movie and so this is the organizations last shot, unfortunately two of the kids survive until sunrise and the ancient gods awaken and destroy the world.

Gynocentric Regime fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Apr 11, 2012

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Atasi posted:

The whole scenario is one of many being carried out all over the world, controlled by a group who are attempting to appease ancient gods with a sacrifice of young people. They control the kids with pheromones, genetically engineered monsters and a force field that keeps them from escaping. All the other scenarios fail early on in the movie and so this is the organizations last shot, unfortunately two of kids survive until sunrise and the ancient gods awaken and destroy the world.

I cannot stress hard enough how badly I wish to see this movie, now.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Holy poo poo. I gave no fucks about that movie until reading that spoiler. Now I want to see that film so bad.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Atasi posted:

The whole scenario is one of many being carried out all over the world, controlled by a group who are attempting to appease ancient gods with a sacrifice of young people. They control the kids with pheromones, genetically engineered monsters and a force field that keeps them from escaping. All the other scenarios fail early on in the movie and so this is the organizations last shot, unfortunately two of the kids survive until sunrise and the ancient gods awaken and destroy the world.

Pfft, that old chestnut?

Seriously though, is anyone like me in that they don't care about spoilers? You can tell me every little detail of a movie and it doesn't alter my enjoyment of a film. For me it's about the whole experience, and knowing that the butler did it is only one small factor in my movie watching. If anything I like read spoilers before I see a movie because then it gets me even more excited to watch it.

Bloody Hedgehog fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Apr 11, 2012

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Pfft, that old chestnut?

Seriously though, is anyone like me in that they don't care about spoilers? You can tell me every little detail of a movie and it doesn't alter my enjoyment of a film. For me it's about the whole experience, and knowing that the butler did it is only one small factor in my movie watching. If anything I like read spoilers before I see a movie because then it gets me even more excited to watch it.

I enjoy spoilers. The more, the merrier. I agree that it doesn't ruin anything, because seriously, how many movies nowadays have giant unpredictable swerves in the same vein as "Luke, I am your father!" or "Bruce Willis was dead the whole time!"?

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!
Now that I know how it ends I just want to see it even more.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Atasi posted:

That is loving inspired. This movie jumped to the top of my "must watch" list.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Atasi posted:

There's gotta be a term for when a spoiler turns complete non-interest in a movie into a must-see film. Because :drat:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Arrrrggghhhhh!!!!!! Why isn't Cabin In The Woods opening in Malaysia soon?! Note that I haven't read that spoiler at all; your reactions to it makes me want to see it so bad.

Anyway, speaking of Malaysia, this movie poster seems to have an awfully familiar style and font.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Atasi posted:

Are you loving serious :stare:

Well now I have to see it!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

If tht is indeed how the movie ends, i'll never be able to say anything bad about Joss Whedon ever again. EVER AGAIN.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Yep thats it. Strongly recommended

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

The MSJ posted:

Anyway, speaking of Malaysia, this movie poster seems to have an awfully familiar style and font.

Is this the Price Is Right movie we've all been waiting for!?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Atasi posted:

I can't believe how loving awesome this sounds.

LARGE THE HEAD
Sep 1, 2009

"Competitive greatness is when you play your best against the best."

"Learn as if you were to live forever; live as if you were to die tomorrow."

--John Wooden

Atasi posted:

I am so happy I scrolled over the black bars, and I haven't given a single thought to seeing this movie

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Ez posted:

Now that I know how it ends I just want to see it even more.

Yeah wow, I want to see it a whole loving lot now.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

First poster for next January's Quentin Tarantino film, 'Django Unchained':

Pretty strong cast that includes Leo DiCaprio, Jamie Foxx, Christoph Waltz, Kurt Russell, and a few others.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
Cabin in the Woods loving owns. I saw it three weeks ago, and I can't stress how fun it is. I can't wait until Friday so I can go see it again.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

FlamingLiberal posted:

Pretty strong cast that includes Leo DiCaprio, Jamie Foxx, Christoph Waltz, Kurt Russell, and a few others.

I can't believe I'm saying this, given the absolute trash that gets put out there but...

This is a really loving boring poster.

I mean, yeah ha ha chain at the end chain broken there you go Django, but that's really uninspired and literal.

e: Just realized the poster itself doesn't carry the title so being literal does actually make sense.

Dissapointed Owl fucked around with this message at 07:54 on Apr 12, 2012

Chaddicus
Apr 1, 2012

Ex libris.

Alhazred posted:

There's also Children of Men that went from this:

To this:

The first one is way better. I really can't believe how bad some DVD covers are. Sadly, I own many of them.. :xd:

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Chaddicus posted:

The first one is way better. I really can't believe how bad some DVD covers are. Sadly, I own many of them.. :xd:
There was one other, considerably simpler, poster for Children of Men that I preferred over both of those. Not that it's ingenius or anything though:

Chaddicus
Apr 1, 2012

Ex libris.

Stare-Out posted:

There was one other, considerably simpler, poster for Children of Men that I preferred over both of those. Not that it's ingenius or anything though:

I totally forgot about that one. I worked at a movie theatre back then and this poster actually got me interested in the film. The text intrigued me and I love all three of the stars. I couldn't wait to see it and was not disappointed.

The Triumphant
Sep 2, 2011

Yeah, I've seen Robocop. Bitches, leave.

FlamingLiberal posted:

Man, the idea that Waltz and DiCaprio are starring in a Tarantino take on a Sergio Corbucci western is just like a little present to me from God.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

The Triumphant posted:

Man, the idea that Waltz and DiCaprio are starring in a Tarantino take on a Sergio Corbucci western is just like a little present to me from God.
It remains to be seen whether it'll be Kill Bill Tarantino or Inglourious Basterds Tarantino though.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

The Triumphant posted:

You and me both.

TetsuoTW posted:

It remains to be seen whether it'll be Kill Bill Tarantino or Inglourious Basterds Tarantino though.

I'd be pretty happy either way.

Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs

TetsuoTW posted:

I'm hoping for Death Proof Tarantino, because that dude gets it.

The Triumphant
Sep 2, 2011

Yeah, I've seen Robocop. Bitches, leave.

TetsuoTW posted:

Inglorious Basterds felt like such a huge step forward for the guy artistically that it's honestly hard to see him going back-- that film was just miles more subtle and actually mature than what came before it.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

The Triumphant posted:

Inglorious Basterds felt like such a huge step forward for the guy artistically that it's honestly hard to see him going back-- that film was just miles more subtle and actually mature than what came before it.

Yup which is why I'm secretly hoping Django isn't a spaghetti (even though I'd still enjoy it) because I love a 'good' Western far too much to see all the amazing potential there wasted. Pretty excited for this drat film.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

TetsuoTW posted:

So it will either be a good Tarantino movie or a good Tarantino movie then.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Forgive my ignorance, but is this a sequel to Sukiyaki Western Django or something because I know Tarantino had a part in that movie. Or is Django just a general term?

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart

oldpainless posted:

Forgive my ignorance, but is this a sequel to Sukiyaki Western Django or something because I know Tarantino had a part in that movie. Or is Django just a general term?

Django is a name in this case.

fenix down
Jan 12, 2005

oldpainless posted:

Django is an early and well-known spaghetti western that spawned numerous unofficial "sequels." Sukiyaki Western Django is a loose remake of Fistful of Dollars, and the title of the film is just a pun. Django Unchained has nothing to do with any of that stuff, much like Inglourious Basterds has nothing to do with Inglorious Bastards.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

The Triumphant posted:

I actually scoffed at this irl, but I'm not exactly sure why. :(

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style
One way to ensure DVD sales: make it look like a lovely, generic action film.

:(

Shanty
Nov 7, 2005

I Love Dogs

Dissapointed Owl posted:

I actually scoffed at this irl, but I'm not exactly sure why. :(
I can't say it deserves a scoff as such, he's on to something with Basterds being a step away from Tarantino's famous back catalogue.
Whether it's a unilateral step forward is debatable, though, and subtle and mature isn't exactly what I'd call it. I mean compare it to Jackie Brown, for instance. Alright maybe a lil scoff.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
I usually hate most of Tarantino's offerings for some reason but I really loved Inglourious Basterds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?

echoplex posted:

One way to ensure DVD sales: make it look like a lovely, generic action film.

:(

I'd say horror movie, we got this in at work and everytime I'd recommend it to someone I'd get "I don't like horror movies". I don't really get what makes it look like a horror movie, maybe the tag line.