Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
Somebody post that gif of an inside run where he gets to the point of attack and then just hops up and down like a loving guinea pig

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.

Rap posted:

Somebody post that gif of an inside run where he gets to the point of attack and then just hops up and down like a loving guinea pig

The Chargers v Jets play off game?

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
affirmative

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Remember that one time you totally botched that snap?
Jerseys are up for preorder now. Cowboys don't have Sean Lee, and for some reason they have DeMarco Murray Gameday but not Elite.

Also seeing the team color jerseys, the stars on the sleeves are different now, judging by the pictures. The color of the inside of the star is closer to the shade of blue on the white jerseys, versus the old jerseys it was the same color as the rest of the jersey which looks better to me.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

MissileWaster posted:

Jerseys are up for preorder now. Cowboys don't have Sean Lee, and for some reason they have DeMarco Murray Gameday but not Elite.

Also seeing the team color jerseys, the stars on the sleeves are different now, judging by the pictures. The color of the inside of the star is closer to the shade of blue on the white jerseys, versus the old jerseys it was the same color as the rest of the jersey which looks better to me.

Yeah that blue star on the sleeves looks loving terrible. Thanks Cowboys for having to mismatch the jerseys for no reasons even more. Guess I'll get a Blue Witten or maybe an Austin? P Sure I'm going to wait till June and get the Limited, going tab/tab for the Gameday/Elite really shows the differences and if it's cheaper to get midrange and only difference is water wicking, I think I'm sold. I couldn't tell what people were talking about when they said it looked like a shirt, but Tab/Tab the two and it's like looking at a Jersey and a longer Dri Fit shirt with screen pritned smaller numbers.

squarerandom fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Apr 15, 2012

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

squarerandom posted:

Yeah that blue star on the sleeves looks loving terrible. Thanks Cowboys for having to mismatch the jerseys for no reasons even more. Guess I'll get a Blue Witten or maybe an Austin? P Sure I'm going to wait till June and get the Limited, going tab/tab for the Gameday/Elite really shows the differences and if it's cheaper to get midrange and only difference is water wicking, I think I'm sold. I couldn't tell what people were talking about when they said it looked like a shirt, but Tab/Tab the two and it's like looking at a Jersey and a longer Dri Fit shirt with screen pritned smaller numbers.

Waiting until June might be best, they'll probably have Sean Lee's jersey up by then, or at the very least a customization option.

I'm still going to go with a white Elite Murray so I'll probably have to wait until June for it to be an option (and to save up the money...). The white jerseys still look good, but yeah that star on the blue jerseys is driving me crazy. If we get any of them in at work later this month I'll see how they look in person, but with just the pictures to look at it looks horrible.

Is there an ETA on when we'll get to see what the throwbacks/alts look like?

And I just got a Nike Oklahoma baseball jersey today, Nike's jerseys run a lot larger than pretty much any other brand. I bought it at the game while I was in Norman, but I'm going to call the Sooners website on Monday to see if I can exchange it for a smaller size even though I didn't buy from them. It's a large which for Majestic is a pretty good, loose fit, just like I like it, but this one is like a drat circus tent on me or something. I'm assuming it'll be the same with these jerseys, so just keep that in mind when buying online.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005
I remember someone asked about shoes before, looks like there's two types, "NFL Dunk" (dunk? :psyduck:) high and low, not sure how to get to them other than going to the team pages first. They're also customizable to an extent if you don't like the given color layouts, stuck with the colors they give though.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

Peanut President posted:

:fry:

Edit: New Orleans was originally a french colony. There is literally nothing worse than being a French Colony.

Viet Nam
Quebec
French Guyana
Algeria
French Polynesia
New Orleans

You forgot Haiti.

Which is just a... wonderful place.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

japtor posted:

I remember someone asked about shoes before, looks like there's two types, "NFL Dunk" (dunk? :psyduck:) high and low, not sure how to get to them other than going to the team pages first. They're also customizable to an extent if you don't like the given color layouts, stuck with the colors they give though.

That was me, Thanks man. Goin through them now. It's "Dunk" because that's the base Nike Sneaker they're using." I have some all blacks, they're pretty comfy.

squarerandom fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Apr 15, 2012

Yinzer
Mar 24, 2008

Don't be fooled into replying, I am either a lesson in Poe's Law or incredibly fucking stupid, or both. Also I can't read charts and graphs and think image macros about Paul Ryan's genius are fun and exciting! Run me over with Biden's Trans-Am!
What chain stores are going to carry the Elite Jerseys? I want to see how it looks first before I blow 250.

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

ShimSham posted:

You forgot Haiti.

Which is just a... wonderful place.

Not only Haiti , but all the African colonies are wonderful and stable places.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

Yinzer posted:

What chain stores are going to carry the Elite Jerseys? I want to see how it looks first before I blow 250.

Probably most of the mall-oriented stores (Champs and others)

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

GD_American posted:

Probably most of the mall-oriented stores (Champs and others)

Team pro shops might carry them too.

There's a really cool store in the mall around here that will probably carry them, it's called Fanzz (I think that's how it's stylized). It's probably going to be the first place I check for one.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

MissileWaster posted:

Waiting until June might be best, they'll probably have Sean Lee's jersey up by then, or at the very least a customization option.

I'm still going to go with a white Elite Murray so I'll probably have to wait until June for it to be an option (and to save up the money...). The white jerseys still look good, but yeah that star on the blue jerseys is driving me crazy. If we get any of them in at work later this month I'll see how they look in person, but with just the pictures to look at it looks horrible.

You'd be crazy to drop $250 on a Murray jersey. Nevermind that he only really looked good in just a handful of games while in tandem with Fiammetta, who by the way is no longer on the team. Hell, let's even ignore that he suffered a season-ending ankle injury with no guarantee that he'll come back 100%. Let's simply consider the mere fact that he's a RB with the shortest shelf life by position in the NFL.

I may have some regrets about the amount of money I dropped on Barber and Felix jerseys. :smith:

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Rasczak posted:

You'd be crazy to drop $250 on a Murray jersey. Nevermind that he only really looked good in just a handful of games while in tandem with Fiammetta, who by the way is no longer on the team. Hell, let's even ignore that he suffered a season-ending ankle injury with no guarantee that he'll come back 100%. Let's simply consider the mere fact that he's a RB with the shortest shelf life by position in the NFL.

I may have some regrets about the amount of money I dropped on Barber and Felix jerseys. :smith:

We have Vickers and a full offseasons worth of work, I'm sure Murray will be fine this season.

So says the combination Oklahoma Sooners/Dallas Cowboys fan named MissileWaster.

I already have like three other Cowboys jerseys anyways, so either way I'm going to wait a while to get one, probably gonna grab one by the end of the preseason. I'll probably try and score a Sam Bradford Rams as soon as I can find one though.

MissileWaster fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Apr 15, 2012

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Rasczak posted:

Wait till the jerseys go on clearance when they flame out or leave the team :v:. Maybe I'll get a McClain one when he ends up in jail for doing something stupid again :smithicide:

If I ever buy an Elite it'll be for Seabass.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Lamadrid posted:

Not only Haiti , but all the African colonies are wonderful and stable places.

I had Francafrique but I wasn't sure I spelled it right.

Yinzer
Mar 24, 2008

Don't be fooled into replying, I am either a lesson in Poe's Law or incredibly fucking stupid, or both. Also I can't read charts and graphs and think image macros about Paul Ryan's genius are fun and exciting! Run me over with Biden's Trans-Am!

MissileWaster posted:

Team pro shops might carry them too.

There's a really cool store in the mall around here that will probably carry them, it's called Fanzz (I think that's how it's stylized). It's probably going to be the first place I check for one.

Yeah I got a Fanzz store here, IIRC I think they only sold replicas but I'm not sure. I'll have to call them when these jerseys are released.

animeluva1
Aug 9, 2003

Hopefully I'll have that
problem someday.
A slight derail. I know these are basketball shoes but Nike now has their Dunk shoes available in your favorite NFL team colors. You can customize them how you see fit.

For instance

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Yinzer posted:

Yeah I got a Fanzz store here, IIRC I think they only sold replicas but I'm not sure. I'll have to call them when these jerseys are released.

The one here is pretty big, not sure if the ones they had were authentic or premier (or both), but yeah. They have swingman NBA jerseys, and some nice MLB throwbacks that I really want.

But yeah I think that store is probably the best bet on getting an Elite, especially for an out of market team or something.

Yinzer
Mar 24, 2008

If Miami Dolphins had a South Beach colorway, I'd actually buy it.

I like the dunk low colors of the Cowboys.

MissileWaster posted:

The one here is pretty big, not sure if the ones they had were authentic or premier (or both), but yeah. They have swingman NBA jerseys, and some nice MLB throwbacks that I really want.

But yeah I think that store is probably the best bet on getting an Elite, especially for an out of market team or something.
Since I'm in Colorado for a few months, I did manage to find a local store in the mall that carries all sorts of teams. A few Hines Ward authentics too.

MLB throwbacks sound sick, if they are the Mitchell and Ness ones.

I'll have to go to Fanzz sometime and see. Thanks, where are you at?

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Yinzer posted:

MLB throwbacks sound sick, if they are the Mitchell and Ness ones.

I'll have to go to Fanzz sometime and see. Thanks, where are you at?

I live in Dallas, the mall is up in Frisco. And yeah I'm pretty sure most of the throwbacks are Mitchell and Ness, the ones I was looking at were Nolan Ryan Astros and the 1972 powder blue Texas Rangers. I believe most of them are $90, and fully stitched.

ZopfaMania
Jul 7, 2010

animeluva1 posted:

A slight derail. I know these are basketball shoes but Nike now has their Dunk shoes available in your favorite NFL team colors. You can customize them how you see fit.

For instance

man I wish i could drop 125 bucks on shoes right now, these are crazy handsome and i need some good workout shoes

:swoon:

fake edit: i would seriously consider some oldschool rams

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

animeluva1 posted:

For instance

It'll look like you jacked them from Ronald McDonald.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
The actual shoes they're selling on the linked site look nothing like that photo, though. Personally, for that kind of money I'd rather get a jersey.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
whatjersey.com is already selling Nike knock-offs. I saw a Peyton Manning one there.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

What's the best website to buy a jersey from if you're in the UK?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Frankston posted:

What's the best website to buy a jersey from if you're in the UK?

the nfl.com shop now ships globally.

Piggles
Oct 10, 2006

Wilson with the Hail Mary to Tate!

jordjevic posted:

need some good workout shoes

125$ is a lot of money to be less effective than barefoot.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Piggles posted:

125$ is a lot of money to be less effective than barefoot.

I wear $30 Fila and I'm doing just fine.

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
Steelers new throwback via Steelers twitter:

schweens fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Apr 17, 2012

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Jelq Swagger posted:

Steelers new throwback:

And here I thought it couldn't get worse than those awful Packers throwbacks

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Good to see the Warden let them prisoners out of Georgia long enough to play some football.

EVGA Longoria
Dec 25, 2005

Let's go exploring!

Jelq Swagger posted:

It's a team of BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

SteelAngel2000 posted:

And here I thought it couldn't get worse than those awful Packers throwbacks

Yeah, those are gross and all, but Packers throwbacks own.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
^^^
This is so wrong.

Barudak posted:

Good to see the Warden let them prisoners out of Georgia long enough to play some football.

Fitting, seeing as the entire team belongs there.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Haha oh God now I'm terrified to see the Skins 80th anniversary throwbacks that come out next month :stonk:

NattyBo fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Apr 17, 2012

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Jelq Swagger posted:

You know that feeling you get several minutes after being blasted in the balls, when this uncomfortable lump kinda settles in your lower abdomen and hangs out for a few hours? Yeah.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Jelq Swagger posted:

Those remind me of throwback hockey jerseys more than football ones. Maybe it's the stripes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heaf
Jan 15, 2008

People say we suck at sports but they don't understand
It's hard to catch with holes right through your hands
I had a dumb thought, which was "Will they all say Steelers on the back?"

• Locked thread