Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Armyman25 posted:

How the gently caress can you not name The Long Good Friday

http://youtu.be/FVVrZJaN1IU

He said since Roger Rabbit or Super Mario Bros.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Cartoon Man posted:

I guess I ment horse movies in general, and your right, just because I'm sick of the genre doesn't mean their target demorgraphic won't keep paying money to see them.

Is it sad that I can't name one Bob Hoskins movie since Roger Rabbit or Super Mario Brothers?

Already mentioned:

Unleashed - lovely movie, Hoskins is the best part of it.
Enemy at the Gates - lovely movie, Hoskins is the best part of it.
Hook - Some people like it, I don't.
Spice World - it's a cameo.
Doomsday - lovely movie, Hoskins is one of the better parts of it.
Christmas Carol - never seen it.

Also:
Mermaids
Nixon
Felicia's Journey
Twenty Four Seven
A Room for Romeo Brass
Made in Dagenham
Super Mario Brothers

The moral of the story is, watch more Bob Hoskins movies.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Vagabundo posted:

The one reflected in the eye piece is the Empire State Building, the one behind him is the Chrysler building. That poster has plenty of problems without needing you guys to start making poo poo up about what's in it.

You'd think they'd stop reflecting real buildings in Spider-Man's eyes after what happened with his first movie poster.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?

Vagabundo posted:

Already mentioned:

Unleashed - lovely movie, Hoskins is the best part of it.
Doomsday - lovely movie, Hoskins is one of the better parts of it.

The moral of the story is, watch more Bob Hoskins movies.

These two movies are awesome!

Also we got something in recently called Will starring him that I hadnever heard of before.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Doomsday was good for about five minutes when they introduced Sol and had him come out on stage, as there was a smattering of brilliance there. Too bad it was saddled with another 90 minutes of terrible crap.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Unleashed/Danny the Dog is loving amazing along with Hook, a shame you couldn't get anything out of them.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Vagabundo posted:

The one reflected in the eye piece is the Empire State Building, the one behind him is the Chrysler building. That poster has plenty of problems without needing you guys to start making poo poo up about what's in it.

I was about to ask why is the building behind him reflected in his glasses. I thought maybe the idea is he's facing a glass building so the reflection in the glass is reflecting over his eyes. But then of course he should be seeing himself there. Anyways glad I saw your post first. :downs:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Cacator posted:

He said since Roger Rabbit or Super Mario Bros.

Kind of surprised he isn't in this...

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

kiimo posted:

I would say that looks like an 8-bit John C. Reilly, but considering it pretty much is an 8-bit John C. Reilly, I will instead give credit where it is due :golfclap:

Orunitier
Dec 5, 2010

Vagabundo posted:

Wow, you're an rear end in a top hat. I was just asking a question.

Jasta
Apr 13, 2012

kiimo posted:

I'm kind of surprised that I only just heard of this movie. This poster just sold me on it. :haw:

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

Jasta posted:

I'm kind of surprised that I only just heard of this movie. This poster just sold me on it. :haw:

This is also the first time I heard anything about this movie. Wiki'd it and it sounds pretty good. That is also a very effective poster.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
So those "Dark Shadows" posters with the skewed color schemes looked… pretty bad. I was very surprised walking around New York today to see one of the same posters 100 feet high:

It has a painted look which I don't think comes across in my lovely phone photo of it. Blown up, painted, and against a building instead of a frame it looks a whole hell of a lot better.

While I'm on this topic, here's the best use of that building:

Orunitier
Dec 5, 2010

Jasta & Suzuki Method posted:

:words:

You both should stop by the animation thread more often, then.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3326621&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=103

Jasta
Apr 13, 2012

Orunitier posted:

You both should stop by the animation thread more often, then.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3326621&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=103

Bookmarked. Thanks, will do. I have a soft spot for animated films. :allears:

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

TetsuoTW posted:

So after giving that poster for Safe some credit for getting a relevant Chinese character, turns out they thought better of making use of that where people actually speak Chinese.

Spot any other differences?

e: Of course the linguistic and cultural difference has to be considered, but the tagline is pretty bad too:
"A secret code has put a young girl in danger.
Only the most dangerous man in New York can keep her alive."

Thanks for the translation.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Wreck-It Ralph already has my money. :3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gxa_p_tULyE

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Vintersorg posted:

That is spectacular.

Croisquessein
Feb 25, 2005

invisible or nonexistent, and should be treated as such
You should see Mrs. Henderson Presents. It's got Bob Hoskins and his penis.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

The new Piranha 3DD poster is doing my head in.

http://i.imgur.com/H9mFs.jpg - linked because it might be considered :NSFW:

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

They're definitely going for an '80s aesthetic.

I can swear that shirt's painted on.

Vintersorg posted:

I'm hoping that they release some stuff from Hero's Duty (which is too green and not enough brown to be called that) and Sugar Rush soon.

Young Freud fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Apr 18, 2012

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Vagabundo posted:

The new Piranha 3DD poster is doing my head in.

http://i.imgur.com/H9mFs.jpg - linked because it might be considered :NSFW:

Oh, I get it. I get jokes.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
One of Mondo's Avengers posters. I'm trying to recall if this is a reference some other poster or artwork I've seen, but nothing's coming to mind. I like it though.

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

taser rates posted:

One of Mondo's Avengers posters. I'm trying to recall if this is a reference some other poster or artwork I've seen, but nothing's coming to mind. I like it though.

fix yr hearts
Feb 9, 2011

things you cannot touch:
my heart

taser rates posted:

I just see a woman trying to blow a spit bubble. :saddowns:

Jasta
Apr 13, 2012

kaujot posted:

I just see a woman trying to blow a spit bubble. :saddowns:

Oh god, now I can't unsee it. I like the idea and the brush-stroke hair, though. :v:

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Also, the tiniest tongue in the world.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

New Prometheus posters released.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I was just about to post these.

What an odd direction for that campaign.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
I thought that they were trying to separate them from Aliens?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

kiimo posted:

I quite like those posters, if only for the fact that we can get a good look at the equipment in the film.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

kiimo posted:

It's very post-Avatar.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm not saying I don't like it, it's just a sharp right-turn from the mysterious, ethereal vibe they were going for.

This looks like a campaign for a sci-fi techy movie like Minority Report or something. They exorcised the sense of impending doom is I guess what I'm saying.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Those are really reminding me of Blade Runner in an Apple-run world.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Gross. I just noticed the "powered by Verizon".

That makes me want to vomit and I work in advertising.

Aorist
Apr 25, 2006

Denham's does it!

kiimo posted:

Gross. I just noticed the "powered by Verizon".

That makes me want to vomit and I work in advertising.

Their apparent determination to keep that lovely logo for over a hundred years is disturbing enough.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Don't break my suspension of disbelief with your lovely cross-marketing strategy. How can you not have a big enough budget for loving Prometheus to avoid something like this? What is this, a struggling NBC sitcom?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

kiimo posted:

I'm not saying I don't like it, it's just a sharp right-turn from the mysterious, ethereal vibe they were going for.

This looks like a campaign for a sci-fi techy movie like Minority Report or something. They exorcised the sense of impending doom is I guess what I'm saying.

That's kinda the idea behind the viral marketing half of the film's advertising. The film is this dark horrorterror and the real ads for the film are as such.

These are more based on the Weyland end of things, where it's this perfect Apple-esque company talking about their achievements and such. It's beautiful.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

kiimo posted:

Don't break my suspension of disbelief with your lovely cross-marketing strategy. How can you not have a big enough budget for loving Prometheus to avoid something like this? What is this, a struggling NBC sitcom?

It's a clever way to work an advertiser into a film. I like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

kiimo posted:

Every little bit helps when your target market is 90% pirates.