Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

Silly Burrito posted:

I want a team to go the complete opposite. Instead of anything fancy at all, I want to see an NFL team go as generic as possible. Just a white jersey with TEAMNAME/NUMBER on front.

Something like this, only in uniform style.

Are...are you not familiar with the Cleveland Browns?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

NattyBo posted:

Are...are you not familiar with the Cleveland Browns?

Sure, but they still have "fancy" stripes and colors. I'm talking as generic as possible. What is the most boring font to use, Times New Roman? Use that or something similar for the names/numbers.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:

Silly Burrito posted:

I want a team to go the complete opposite. Instead of anything fancy at all, I want to see an NFL team go as generic as possible. Just a white jersey with TEAMNAME/NUMBER on front.

So like the (away) Penn State of the NFL?

City Name Sports Team. :geno:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Arschlochkind posted:

So like the (away) Penn State of the NFL?

City Name Sports Team. :geno:

That's pretty darn close right there.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Silly Burrito posted:

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

Febreeze posted:

Hahaha

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

nerve posted:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Febreeze posted:

Can I get that for a retro Carson Palmer jersey?

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Remember that one time you totally botched that snap?

Silly Burrito posted:

The Dharma (football) Initiative

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Look I am a graphic design person with a special interest in sports logos and uniforms and I have hella opinions on all uniforms so listen to me well when I say this: Those Steelers Uniforms loving Own

LARGE THE HEAD
Sep 1, 2009

"Competitive greatness is when you play your best against the best."

"Learn as if you were to live forever; live as if you were to die tomorrow."

--John Wooden

kidcoelacanth posted:

Look I am a graphic design person with a special interest in sports logos and uniforms and I have hella opinions on all uniforms so listen to me well when I say this: Those Steelers Uniforms loving Own

Gonna go with this opinion as well. You want different, it practically doesn't GET any more different.

Those numbers remind me of old-time scoreboards.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

kidcoelacanth posted:

I graduated with an art degree, remade all the NFL logos to have Manning's face, re-colored all the goddamn uniforms, do logos for companies as freelance side projects, and guess what: Those Steeler Uniforms loving Suck.

There's being different, and being absurd. This design would work if the rest of the NFL had designs similar to this, but for right now it's waaaaaaaay too out of place and looks like a bumblebee. It's an eyesore of a design, the stripes clash with the vertical nature of the numbers. The pants color is out of place, a weird gross yellow/pale that doesn't match anything else on the uniform (Might be better straight white to match the under numbers white).

I love the socks however, it works on the socks.

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 04:44 on Apr 18, 2012

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Febreeze posted:

I graduated with an art degree, remade all the NFL logos to have Manning's face, re-colored all the goddamn uniforms, do logos for companies as freelance side projects, and guess what: Those Steeler Uniforms loving Suck.

There's being different, and being absurd. This design would work if the rest of the NFL had designs similar to this, but for right now it's waaaaaaaay to out of place and looks like a bumblebee. It's an eyesore of a design, the stripes clash with the vertical nature of the numbers.

Oh poo poo son! It's on now!:nyd:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

yeah but on the other hand it owns a lot

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

kidcoelacanth posted:

yeah but on the other hand it owns a lot

Well I guess art is subjective.

I won't be able to watch that game without making buzzing noises.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Febreeze posted:

Buy a Vuvuzela

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

There's tiers to how uniforms work here, I think: There's the sometimes boring but traditional and typically well-designed uniforms like the Packers etc, there's the "modern" uniforms that can be hit or miss but usually miss like the Cardinals, Vikings, and Falcons, we're going to start seeing, I assume, more weird Nike poo poo like the Seahawks have in coming seasons so the jury is out there, and we have the goofy throwback uniforms that usually are kind of boring (Jets, Packers).

These Steelers uniforms are so completely goddamn ridiculous that they transcend the ugly tier and loop right back around to amazing.

edit: If I weren't a lazy shitheel I would probably make a thread with for-serious redesigns and ~design opinions~ of the entire NFL but alas I don't see that changing any time soon :v:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

The Denver piss yellow/poo poo brown throwbacks are objectively the worst uniforms

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Wellllll I'm a professional graphic designer who works full time in marketing and has a handful of clients of my own I work for independently after hours and IIIIIIIIIIII....

...am sort of on the fence about. Would have liked to see it with just a white stroke on the numbers, not the whole box backing.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Febreeze posted:

Yea, and those Steelers unis still loving blow.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

The Dave posted:

Wellllll I'm a professional graphic designer who works full time in marketing and has a handful of clients of my own I work for independently after hours and IIIIIIIIIIII....

...am sort of on the fence about. Would have liked to see it with just a white stroke on the numbers, not the whole box backing.

can you get me an internship

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

kidcoelacanth posted:

There's tiers to how uniforms work here, I think: There's the sometimes boring but traditional and typically well-designed uniforms like the Packers etc, there's the "modern" uniforms that can be hit or miss but usually miss like the Cardinals, Vikings, and Falcons, we're going to start seeing, I assume, more weird Nike poo poo like the Seahawks have in coming seasons so the jury is out there, and we have the goofy throwback uniforms that usually are kind of boring (Jets, Packers).

These Steelers uniforms are so completely goddamn ridiculous that they transcend the ugly tier and loop right back around to amazing.

I think that's the problem. They are "amazing", but for the wrong reasons. Just because it's so different doesn't mean it works. They abandoned the design in the first place for a reason, we just never got to see it in action so it's "new and exciting" for some people.

The Steelers have a classic uniform, and I think might be the only team in the NFL with Yellow as a secondary/Primary color, which makes them pretty unique. They found a good color plate and have stuck with it, like the Browns, or Packers, or any team with a classic look. This is interesting, but doesn't fit the Steelers at all nor does it fit the NFL, which is why most of us hate it. Now if this was a soccer jersey? Or a Rugby jersey? It would work a lot better.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Well yeah. I'll stop being weird about it but I do love them because they're so ridiculous and don't work as NFL uniforms at all, if they were to adopt them full-time or something that would be really dumb.

Now what they really need to do is get rid of those dumb italic numbers on the normal jerseys. Bring back the blocks, yo.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

kidcoelacanth posted:

can you get me an internship

Sorry mate but I get hit up by recruiters all the loving time on LinkedIn for projects etc.

While waving my design e-penis I totally failed to loving mentioned I worked with the apparel department of NFL shop on some items, dammit! (It was a 1/3 of how cool it sounds.)

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Can you get me a fee hat?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Not with that company anymore but it was amusing they were super crazy about their illustrator files being perfect (rightfully so) because "When we ship these overseas the people making the garments don't know anything about the teams and will make whatever the file tells them to."

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Apparantly the steelers are becoming the Wu-Tang clan themed team.

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

Retromancer posted:

Protect Ya Neck feat. James Harrison

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast

Retromancer posted:

This explains all of the jealousy over our awesome new throwbacks. Everyone wants to get wit da WTC

ZopfaMania
Jul 7, 2010

SteelAngel2000 posted:

The Denver piss yellow/poo poo brown throwbacks are objectively the worst uniforms

At least they're only throwbacks. Wyoming has to wear those colors 100% of the time

:gonk:

ZopfaMania fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Apr 18, 2012

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

WinnebagoWarrior posted:

WTC

:wtc: describes it perfectly

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
The ensemble reminds me of the old Pittsburgh Pirate caps.

Those things rocked.

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Yeah that Steeler atrocity is pretty much the worst thing I've ever seen. I don't mean worst jersey, I mean worst thing. Goatse, tubgirl, Mr. Hands, this Steelers jersey trumps them all.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.
I don't get why everyone says the Steelers new uniforms look like beads :confused:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Bees.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Febreeze posted:

She's experiencing a programming error and is stuck in an infinite loop, and he's an idiot.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
still dicking around with the nike dunks team color thing, i have like 8 designs i love for new shoes for ham mom.

pschoy
Mar 2, 2009

SteelAngel2000 posted:

Bees.

Where?! O god!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WinnebagoWarrior
Apr 8, 2009

I eat Rotheseburgehergh's like you for breakfast

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

Yeah that Steeler atrocity is pretty much the worst thing I've ever seen. I don't mean worst jersey, I mean worst thing. Goatse, tubgirl, Mr. Hands, this Steelers jersey trumps them all.

To be fair, these throwbacks are essentially identical to their 1934 jerseys.

• Locked thread