Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RurouNNy
Dec 10, 2004

Oh man I appreciate that, you know I do!
There is some prime derp face going on in here!

Break Fast posted:

*yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn*

Guiness is freaking adorable. His brindling is epic! (and I have to agree, his name is very fitting :3: )

Corra derpin' it up photo dump:

(please note the drool)

Death by derpin'

Hurf.

Boxes: not just for cats

:downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eff Jay
Dec 6, 2008

Derp?

Derp.

Triple Derp.

Miss Indy
Nov 3, 2002

Derpy baby Bailey.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Miss Indy
Nov 3, 2002

...and a derpy baby Zeke!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Break Fast
Mar 27, 2012
Though I would share with a picture our breeder sent us a couple of days ago of Guinness' brother and sister.

His sister "Gin & Tonic" is having a little derp-a-licious face. Enjoy. :)

Kerafyrm
Mar 7, 2005

Nova jumped up on the couch next to me today, and she's usually really hyper and doesn't cuddle much. However, this time she licked my arm, curled up against my leg, and laid there with me for a good hour. My puppy is turning into a dog. :3:

ButWhatIf
Jun 24, 2009

HA HA HA

Break Fast posted:

Sorry if I'm mistaken ButWhatIf, but what kind of breed mix is that? The overwhelming white seems rather unusual for a Corgi.
Don't get me wrong, I love it, just curious. :)

Plus_Infinity had it right; she's a white-faced mismark. It's not particularly rare, I'm learning, actually. Several breeders just this year had litters with white mismarkings over either one or both eyes. C-Myste had two in one litter and Toreth had two as well. Afara (Neige's breeder) had one that was so pretty that I very nearly called Paul Chen back up and asked if we could be considered for her.

The Afara girl:

One of the Toreth twins:

My husband was super put off by her white face at first, but now he wonders why more corgis don't look like her.

Kerafyrm
Mar 7, 2005

ButWhatIf posted:

It's not particularly rare, I'm learning, actually. Several breeders just this year had litters with white mismarkings over either one or both eyes.

The puppy out of Nova's litter I was originally going to get had a half-white face, and one of her sisters had a full-white head with a LOT of white on the body. Only two? pups out of the litter weren't mismarked. It was odd, too, because both the parents were marked perfectly. The breeder said it was her first time using that breeding pair, and she wouldn't use it again because of all the mismarks. Some genetic quirk, I suppose.

Here was Nova's brother when I visited them at 5 weeks:

Nova's minorly mismarked, too. She has a crooked "saddle" across her shoulders and a white splotch on her butt.

ButWhatIf
Jun 24, 2009

HA HA HA
Took Neige to Marymoor Park yesterday (and griped about the brand new parking fee, when did that happen). Didn't get any photos because I am an idiot who forgets a thing, but it was great fun watching other dog people puzzle over what sort of breed she is. Commonest guess: border collie x corgi/dachshund. She spent the majority of the visit playing OH GOD PLEASE KEEP PRETENDING TO TEAR MY THROAT OUT with a smallish border collie who is exactly her age. Seriously though about that game. Every time the bc would stop, she'd roll onto her back, waggle her paws at him, and make little enticing yips. What a weirdo.

Pretty cute, though.

Break Fast
Mar 27, 2012
The good old "Tear My Throat Apart" game. :)
My friend's 2 y/o non-breed dog Hugo and Guinness are real pros at it. Every time we go to her house they are both perfectly fine and in perfect condition. An hour passes and the house is a mess and they both are all wet in each others saliva. ^_^

Anyway, Guinness is finally all well and we went outside for 30 minutes today to visit a dog park nearby. It was all empty since it was 1 pm, but the fun and excitement that came out of the little guy was amazing. His tongue never went inside his mouth and the spittle went around in all directions.

p.s. - Neige is beautiful. :3

RurouNNy
Dec 10, 2004

ButWhatIf posted:

Took Neige to Marymoor Park yesterday (and griped about the brand new parking fee, when did that happen). Didn't get any photos because I am an idiot who forgets a thing, but it was great fun watching other dog people puzzle over what sort of breed she is. Commonest guess: border collie x corgi/dachshund. She spent the majority of the visit playing OH GOD PLEASE KEEP PRETENDING TO TEAR MY THROAT OUT with a smallish border collie who is exactly her age. Seriously though about that game. Every time the bc would stop, she'd roll onto her back, waggle her paws at him, and make little enticing yips. What a weirdo.

Pretty cute, though.

Neige's ears are so ridiculous :3: (the cute-end of ridiculous that is).

Corra also believes that pretending to have her neck torn out is the best kind of game ever. She tries really hard to get my border collie mix, Loki, to play this game with her. Luckily, when he is in the mood, his favorite thing is to pretend to tear her throat out (I imagine he gets some sweet satisfaction pretending to murder her, since she can be a pill :D ) When he doesn't want to play, and using teeth on him just makes him angry, she finds a toy instead and punches him with that :downs: surprisingly it usually works ...

Plus_Infinity
Apr 12, 2011

that is orbit's favorite game with his border collie best friend too! :3:

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Taziki and Pita just non-stop going after each others' neck fat when they 'play'. I'm always worried because it looks vicious but I guess doesn't hurt at all.

Kerafyrm
Mar 7, 2005

Nova and an aussie mix played yesterday, and that just involved rearing up and slapping each other across the face and dragging on each other's neck fluff and ears. That was the roughest I've ever seen her play, she usually just runs around and gets other dogs to chase her.

All these cardi pics are making me want to get a cardi like whoa. :3:

Crunch Bucket
Feb 11, 2008

Duuh! These are staaairs!
Glad to see our boys aren't the only ones who like to play Tear My Throat Out. It used to freak me the hell out. Dexter is so much bigger than Dewey and would grab a big ole chunk of his neck and whip his head back and forth. I was sure I would look over one day and see blood and gristle flying everywhere, but apparently Dewey just loves it.

Also, spittle-covered corgis. Yep. When Dewey's brother comes over, all 3 of them are soaked in spit by the end of the night. That's the mark of a good time had by all.

Oh, and when we play fetch, Dexter ends up with little spotty wet marks on his back because Dewey thinks that pecking at him like a chicken will make us throw the ball faster. :downs:

ButWhatIf
Jun 24, 2009

HA HA HA

Kerafyrm posted:

All these cardi pics are making me want to get a cardi like whoa. :3:

Do it do it do it. Once you go Cardi it's a forever party!

Tristesse
Feb 23, 2006

Chasing the dream.
"oh god let me go can't you see that there is a CAKE right there??"

Break Fast
Mar 27, 2012
I present you A Flying Corgi!

Also little bonus derp.

Kerafyrm
Mar 7, 2005

Super-derp.

Also, her butt floofs when she's wet and it's hilarious.

(Moving mess :argh:)

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
The world's bravest Corgi, or the world's laziest owner?

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Hahaha we literally did the same thing to Pita last night for fun. It's funny Pita's personality doesn't care and Taziki jumps 30 feet away from the vacuum.

Hardwood Floor
Sep 25, 2011

That corgi needs to work out. :catstare:

Break Fast
Mar 27, 2012
Guinness is extremely afraid of vacuum cleaner. Though he's quite young, so maybe I get to do this instead of bathing him everytime we come home in a year or so. It looks a lot of fun though. :)

We went to see our best dog bud Hugo today and induced some derpness into him.

Dumbasses running around like fools. :3:

Looks so much like a Corgi from behind. Still as sweet as one.

Post up your dog best buds if you have any pictures of them. Have a nice Corgi-filled weekend. :)

Plus_Infinity
Apr 12, 2011

Aww! What kind of dog is Hugo? He's so cute!

We went for a walk in the park with Orbit yesterday, he got derpface:

:3: :3: :3: :3:

Here he is with his best friend Miles playing in the creek by our house today:

Orbit's back legs are off the ground he's trying to hard to biteyface!

he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

still bad at video games
Here is the live action video of today's creek-based derpfest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BG09mhpt2ko

and an old video of Orbit and his other friend Gravity. (apologies for the unnamed pop punk band in the background of this one...)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uzgj-BsECuU

and one of Orbit and Miles on the hill behind our house from December. BEST FRIENDS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnAvZw4lA0o

Break Fast
Mar 27, 2012

Plus_Infinity posted:

Aww! What kind of dog is Hugo? He's so cute!
He's taken from dog shelter. He has no birth certificate, so it's rather hard to determine what kind of parents he had.
It is believed though that he has a Corgi mother or grandmother, since he was found in a neighborhood where a Cardigan bitch was lost. It's a really long shot, but who knows. He kind of looks like a Cardi.

One of his ears is always staying up and the other hangs down. We jokingly say that one of his parents was a Cardi and other from a breed with hanging ears. :)

Anyway, it's still weird looking at Orbit. He looks so much like Guinness but with a little less brindle on cheeks and a cute white spot on the back.
Was watching one of the videos when my girlfriend came in a room and she too said that they are so alike.

The one with Gravity is so cute. Love it. :3:

A.s.P.
Jun 29, 2006

They're just a bunch of shapes. Don't read too deeply into it.
This is the best link ever.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/corgis-in-costumes

90 Corgis in Costumes

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

amishsexpot posted:

90 Corgis in Costumes

Dawnsicle
Jan 2, 2011
This is my pretty corgi girl, Leia!

They think she might have dog Lupus though :(

Miss Indy
Nov 3, 2002

amishsexpot posted:

90 Corgis in Costumes

Uhh... #57 is Zeke. I don't know where they found that picture, but they certainly did not ask permission to use it.

Break Fast
Mar 27, 2012

Miss Indy posted:

Uhh... #57 is Zeke. I don't know where they found that picture, but they certainly did not ask permission to use it.

I don't think they asked for permission on any of those unfortunately.

It's a great costume nevertheless. :)

Plus_Infinity
Apr 12, 2011

Break Fast posted:

Anyway, it's still weird looking at Orbit. He looks so much like Guinness but with a little less brindle on cheeks and a cute white spot on the back.
Was watching one of the videos when my girlfriend came in a room and she too said that they are so alike.

The one with Gravity is so cute. Love it. :3:

Orbit has brindle in the same spot on his cheeks but definitely less than Guinness so it doesn't come out in photos all the time. His breeder called him Diamond because of the spot on his back but I think it looks more like a heart. :3:

Orbit and Gravity are best buds, it's so cute. I wish they snuggled but Orbit gives Grav lots of gentle kisses every day. It's so fun to see how their relationship has changed and grown over the past 10 months, and how they interact with each other. It makes me want to get all of the dogs and all of the cats!

RurouNNy
Dec 10, 2004

Plus_Infinity posted:

We went for a walk in the park with Orbit yesterday, he got derpface:

D'awww, Orbit! He looks really dapper in that harness (?).

I took Corra to the beach again last weekend and my brother ended up improving one of my photos (made me chuckle):

Dog BFFs:
Loki will be put up for sainthood

A few moments after the last photo ...

Gooey eyed fear of the flash:

Sharing ... sort of :3:

But all the bones are for Corra :downs:

Break Fast
Mar 27, 2012
Going to vet tomorrow with Guinness to remove his baby fang which is troubling the life of the real one.

He is going to be put under anaesthesia while the baby fangs is being removed. I have no idea how animals react when they wake up.
Has anyone got any experience with this? Should I prepare anything specific to deal with him after he wakes up?

Plus_Infinity
Apr 12, 2011

Break Fast posted:

Going to vet tomorrow with Guinness to remove his baby fang which is troubling the life of the real one.

He is going to be put under anaesthesia while the baby fangs is being removed. I have no idea how animals react when they wake up.
Has anyone got any experience with this? Should I prepare anything specific to deal with him after he wakes up?

When Orbit got neutered he was just really out of it for a day until the medication and everything wore off, and then he was pretty much normal- just not as bouncy as usual. Some dogs get more snuggly and some need more space. Sometimes they'll get a little more nippy if they're in pain. I'm sure you can read his body language and you'll be able to tell what kind of mood he's in.

Because they're taking out a tooth, maybe have soft treats and/or food available for him. Maybe some ice in the water bowl.

Break Fast
Mar 27, 2012

Plus_Infinity posted:

When Orbit got neutered he was just really out of it for a day until the medication and everything wore off, and then he was pretty much normal- just not as bouncy as usual. Some dogs get more snuggly and some need more space. Sometimes they'll get a little more nippy if they're in pain. I'm sure you can read his body language and you'll be able to tell what kind of mood he's in.

Because they're taking out a tooth, maybe have soft treats and/or food available for him. Maybe some ice in the water bowl.

Thanks. I will make sure I get a bunch of his favorite foods that aren't hard as a rock.

I was filming Guinness sleeping earlier today, because I wanted to catch him dreaming about running so he tries to run while sleeping. This is what I got. 20 minutes of footage of him derping. :)

gogogiraffes
Dec 27, 2007

Break Fast posted:

Oh. My. God. I just want to mess with his mouth so bad. When Gizmo is asleep real hard, we mess with his lips, roll them up. I'll have to get a picture next time.

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008
I know I suck at taking pictures and I'm jealous at how well Wonder Bra's pictures come out. That being said, here are some pictures of my little hell raisers! With our new camera, Pepper no longer has the lazer-eyes of death.

One of the few times Loki is calm and not running around like a mad man

Derp!

Just seconds before they kick into high gear and go at it WWE style

Feels good man

A happy Pepper

Normally she is the one derping around outside, maybe it was the heat

Loki has been semi-sick the past few weeks, but he's slowly recovering. I swear, he has the most energy ever, even when his poop comes out like soft-serve. He's just now getting back onto his regular food from a week of chicken and rice. This is the 2nd time in 2 years he has had this crazy bout of enteritis (or something similar.) The first time it happened, we came home to a crate and carpet covered in vomit and diarrhea. After he recovered, we got smart and decided to keep him on a linoleum floor when he's sick.

olaf2022
Feb 19, 2003
Fun Shoe
I somehow did not notice this thread until today.

This is Viceroy.

So happy!

So emo!

SO TIRED

Planking for the camera

And here's a video of him howling at a siren noise:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdFG3HVgDcM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abaddonis
Mar 4, 2008

olaf2022 posted:

I somehow did not notice this thread until today.

This is Viceroy.

So happy!

So emo!

SO TIRED

Planking for the camera

And here's a video of him howling at a siren noise:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdFG3HVgDcM

Too cute!

• Locked thread