Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

uPen posted:

Is a poster that's so awful that it's getting publicly mocked still accomplishing it's goal of drawing an audience? I know when I see an awful photoshop hackjob it doesn't make me want to see the film.
99% of the audience neither notices nor cares. Much like the audience for your posting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

MorgaineDax posted:

Oh look, finally a poster is made so people can't complain that the names don't match the order of the faces! Are you happy now, Sockser?

Holy gently caress they made a movie just for me. How kind!

Ominous Jazz posted:

I didn't know they were making a Killer Seven movie!

Not enough luchadore. :colbert:

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style

Alouicious posted:

Not enough luchadore. :colbert:

No movie has enough luchadore.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Ominous Jazz posted:

No movie has enough luchadore.

Even this one?

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style

Vagabundo posted:

Even this one?

I actually own that poster, so no.

Apes-Ma
Aug 9, 2011

Your cage isn't getting any bigger.

Ominous Jazz posted:

I didn't know they were making a Killer Seven movie!

A Killer 7 film with that cast would rule because Tom Waits would be perfect as Harman Smith.

Dunno who would fill in for Mask though.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

uPen posted:

I imagine that these contracts which have such specific stipulations about elements on a piece of advertisement is mostly why this thread exists.

Well, partly. It's also because the studios and distributors will micromanage the advertising because they can, and so you get the "Rasta-fy him by 20%" factor.

Plus things like billing and ad prominence are common in contracts because they're small and easily tradable. Instead of paying the star 20 million, the studio can pay him 15 million plus points off the back end plus your name is above the title plus you get the bigger Gulfstream and all the Gummi Bears you can eat, and all these things cost the studio less. (Unless the star really loves him some Gummi Bears.)

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
Coming soon, Taylor Lautner in Disney's Adventures of the Gummi Bears!

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

MorgaineDax posted:

Oh look, finally a poster is made so people can't complain that the names don't match the order of the faces! Are you happy now, Sockser?

These People Are In Big Trouble:

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Ah, 2001. Back when Tome Sizemore had a career and Zooey Deschanel was merely snarky instead of annoyingly quirky.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
If I remember correctly, that movie was pushed back and re-edited to take out several scenes involving a bomb on a plane.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Gonz posted:

If I remember correctly, that movie was pushed back and re-edited to take out several scenes involving a bomb on a plane.

Yeah, it never made its September 21, 2001 release date.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I think I'm the only person on Earth who likes that film although I haven't seen it in a long time. The version I saw definitely featured a scene were there is a nuclear device on board a plane.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Ominous Jazz posted:

I actually own that poster, so no.

Can you tell me where I can buy it? I've literally been looking for that exact poster for quite a while.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style

scary ghost dog posted:

Can you tell me where I can buy it? I've literally been looking for that exact poster for quite a while.

I was on my phone and can't thumbnails. This is the one I have(somewhere):(
this actually has sufficient Lucha for me, but thankfully amazon has a wide variety of posters for Santos fans

Role Play McMurphy
Jul 15, 2010

Mister Chief posted:

I think I'm the only person on Earth who likes that film although I haven't seen it in a long time. The version I saw definitely featured a scene were there is a nuclear device on board a plane.

It's a fantastic movie that gets better with every viewing. The bomb scenes are still in, I'm pretty sure they just never bothered to give it a theatrical release at all. The whole climax of the movie is about getting a nuke on a plane so it would've been impossible to edit around.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

404GoonNotFound posted:

Zooey Deschanel was merely snarky instead of annoyingly quirky.

She and Ben Foster are so different from what they became over the last decade.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
I like New Girl well enough that I catch it on Hulu if I miss it, and I had no idea that was Zoey Deschanel there. I guess she had a different thing going on ten years ago.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?
I guess women flashing their tits for sea monsters is becoming a trend now.

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures

Role Play McMurphy posted:

It's a fantastic movie that gets better with every viewing. The bomb scenes are still in, I'm pretty sure they just never bothered to give it a theatrical release at all. The whole climax of the movie is about getting a nuke on a plane so it would've been impossible to edit around.

It definitely got a theatrical release (at least in the US), but it was dumped with very little marketing around seven months after its original release date.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

Slasherfan posted:

Pretty sure that's been a trend as long as there have been movies about sea monsters, though. The reason you go to see a movie about a sea monster is for sea monster carnage and inevitable tit shot.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Pirahnaconda? Whoever the gently caress produces these movies must have played the gently caress out of Impossible Creatures.

Farbtoner
May 17, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Pirahnaconda? Whoever the gently caress produces these movies must have played the gently caress out of Impossible Creatures.

I can't wait until bad horror movie irony reaches such critical mass that SyFy and The Asylum start making ridiculously improbable and unthreatening creature hybrids. Pandaconda :3:

Gravastars
Sep 9, 2011

Slasherfan posted:

It's a Phallic thing. The trauma of the rape scenario made market-friendly.

It's for the same reason the sea is always seen as a feminine space in fiction (expansive, formless, transgressive). This is why Piranhaconda is the poster's subject - the protagonist. By watching this movie, we are Piranhaconda.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Mister Chief posted:

I've actually been meaning to watch this someday. The previews were interesting enough, but it's a shame that everything changed on 9/11 to keep it out of theaters.

Slasherfan posted:

I swear I've seen that same woman on the Piranha 3D poster. Or am I confusing this with yet another movie that ripped off that poster.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

So here's our new one. This film got snatched up and fast-tracked and we had to turn this around super fast with Alcon.

I will listen to and accept any and all criticisms and flimsily defend ourselves while blaming the other company for anything you don't like.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

kiimo posted:

So here's our new one. This film got snatched up and fast-tracked and we had to turn this around super fast with Alcon.

I will listen to and accept any and all criticisms and flimsily defend ourselves while blaming the other company for anything you don't like.

I thought the trailer was neat, it got played in the front of Cabin In The Woods in this area. Am I correct in thinking it'll be The Hills Have Eyes in Pripyat?

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

kiimo posted:

I really like that poster. That poster says: It's Chernobyl. It's a horror movie. It's stupid but fun.

Am I right so far? I really have no idea what the movie actually is about, but that's what I get from the poster.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

The tagline is pretty awful but I like the poster itself.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Nemesis Of Moles posted:

The tagline is pretty awful but I like the poster itself.

Haha! Yes my first opportunity to do what I said I would!

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
On Friday the 13th, counselors let teenagers stay at Camp Crystal Lake.
They said it was safe...
It wasn't.

Three decades ago, parents let their children fall asleep in their houses on Elmstreet.
They said it was safe...
It wasn't.

At the start of the 80s, a hotel manager let the Torrance family care for the Overlook Hotel.
They said it was safe...
It wasn't.

AndItsAllGone
Oct 8, 2003

A hundred years ago, the townsfolk of Little Boston allowed Daniel Plainview to drill for oil.
They said it was safe...
It wasn't.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

In the future, the crew of the Nostromo were hired to tow stuff
They said it was safe...
It wasn't.
e;
In 2001, Someone gave Tom Green 14 Million Dollars.
They said it was save...
It wasn't.

Nemesis Of Moles fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Apr 24, 2012

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

kiimo posted:

The radiation tri-foil looks like a scared ghost. Could it be possible to make it both a radiation tri-foil and a skull?

Also, I agree, that tagline is way to loving long.

Jasta
Apr 13, 2012

Young Freud posted:

The radiation tri-foil looks like a scared ghost. Could it be possible to make it both a radiation tri-foil and a skull?

Also, I agree, that tagline is way to loving long.

I was thinking the same thing about the tri-foil. I think it looks good now but I wonder if it can look scarier. Anyway, good job on the poster! You may have already sold me on the film. :3:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I thought the trailer was neat, it got played in the front of Cabin In The Woods in this area. Am I correct in thinking it'll be The Hills Have Eyes in Pripyat?

Thanks, we did that too. I saw Cabin in the Woods but purposefully stayed outside until right before it started to avoid our trailer. I've seen it enough.

I haven't seen The Hills Have Eyes though.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?

kiimo posted:

Awesome poster. Is the movie a found footage flick?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Slasherfan posted:

Awesome poster. Is the movie a found footage flick?

I feel like this term has become nearly too blurry to even be used any more. It is kind of like calling Modern Family or The Office a faux documentary because they use OTFs.

So I guess they answer is yes but it isn't tied to the rules on that. By the way if you see this and hate it I apologize in advance.

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!

kiimo posted:

I honestly think the poster is rather striking, but everything about this film makes me want to run for the ferris wheel and take up a good sniper position.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

kiimo posted:

I feel like this term has become nearly too blurry to even be used any more. It is kind of like calling Modern Family or The Office a faux documentary because they use OTFs.

So I guess they answer is yes but it isn't tied to the rules on that. By the way if you see this and hate it I apologize in advance.

Well, The Office used to be a faux documentary but that angle was dropped long ago and now the cameras are so omnipresent it's more a taped comedy that allows 4th wall breaking.