Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Cromulent posted:

I got a kick out of Joe's mind being absolutely loving blown by Jim doing an American accent. "Holy gently caress dude. You sound like a DIFFERENT PERSON!"

Same, also Joe's reaction to the ~NAIL TREE~ & ~CUM ON BONES~.

That was the best podcast in a long time as far as actual comedy value. Interesting to see the contrasting reactions between Jim and Dom to Redban. This one had that old school JRE feeling, I think Jim understanding Redban's sense of humor/jokes played a large part in it. I'll add that this weeks Icehouse Chronicles was one of the best ever, worth checking out.

Check out Joey Diaz's newest Beauty and Da beast with World Championship Boxer Vinny Curto, it's good as gently caress.

Google Butt fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Apr 8, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peter North
Apr 23, 2003
Is it just me or is Joe a lot more annoying than redban recently?

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

Peter North posted:

The thing that annoys me is that he'll start ragging on Brian so hard for saying some silly immature thing about cat pussy or whatever and then two minutes later say "Dude, soon enough we will all be able to read each others minds. This is without any doubt the next stage of evolution."

take three tablets
Nov 21, 2005

Hell Gem

Peter North posted:

I don't know if I'd go that far, but I definitely think Brian is getting funnier. He still strikes out completely a lot but he normally makes me laugh a couple times per episode now.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
The episode with Jim was really cool. Best episode in a while, I think! Jim's really funny, it's so unfortunate that he has such problems with depression, though.

I always feel like Redban comes out better in every other podcast than the JRE. He's pretty slick in his Sexsquad podcast and good at carrying the conversation forwards since he's a part of the conversation, which isn't always the case in JRE. Considering how many podcasts he does with deathsquad, he has to have gotten some good radio experience along the way.

Bohemian Nights fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Apr 9, 2012

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
If you guys are new to Jim Jefferies, I highly recommend checking out his appearances on Opie & Anthony (most are on youtube) and definitely his podcast, Talkin poo poo. Jim was good on JRE, but he is even funnier when he's with someone who's ready to laugh (which is probably why he got along with Redban so well). I like Rogan and all, but to me, his podcast is only like 20% comedy these days. It just seems like his disposition is so serious, and he's more concerned with blowing his own mind and "can you imagine?" type stuff. It's probably the reason why I've been listening less. There are several times where the guest says something funny, and Joe just doesn't react because he's too busy thinking of his next point, but then realizes he just stone-faced the person and will just say "Oh. That's hilarious." (the biggest exception to this complaint is the recent podcast with Gaffigan, where Joe definitely went into it being silly and ready to laugh, as opposed to just going down the rabbit hole.)

EDIT: And thanks to Jim's not-so-subtle clues on the last podcast, I found out Paul Mooney is gay. Certainly would have never guessed that.

Cromulent fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Apr 9, 2012

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Duncan Trussel has the best opening theme of any podcast out there.

Gooch
Oct 30, 2006

Cromulent posted:

EDIT: And thanks to Jim's not-so-subtle clues on the last podcast, I found out Paul Mooney is gay. Certainly would have never guessed that.

I had the exact same thought. They also mentioned that there was another older black comic who is gay aswell I'm trying to figure that one out too.

I like how they said these guys are sorta open about it but if you call them gay they get angry. I can picture Mooney doing this.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

@JoeRogan posted:

Today at 2:30 Pacific the hilarious @amyschumer joins us on the podcast to let bitches know what the gently caress is up! http://ustream.tv/joerogan

I thought Amy and Joe gelled pretty well during her last visit, so this should be a good one.

ZeroDays
Feb 11, 2007

the fuck you know about what i need on my mind mother fucker
Rogan really irritated me on the Jim Jeffries episode. He was like the angry school master foil to Redban and Jeffries' mischievous children. Still a great episode though, but really liking Rogan less and less. I've never really had a problem with Redban and don't get the hate, unless it's a "love to hate" deal where he's not really hated. I did only start listening the past December though, but I've watched lots of back episodes including the Bill Burr argument where Redban was a petulant child, but overall, he's just a guy with a silly sense of humour.

Will definitely start listening to the Jeffries podcast now too.

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.
If you like Jim Jefferies clicking on this link will kill an hour:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhaitpGikdk

Nuja
Jan 29, 2006
Neil Brennan(Co-Creator of the Chappelle's show, made The Goods, all around badass comedian) was on today at 4PM Pacific(4/11/12). Haven't heard but the first five minutes, but I loved when he was on previously(I believe it was #114). This one should not disappoint.

At the moment the only recording is at ustream.tv/joerogan.

And Brian is wearing a T-Shirt with a somethingawful smiley in it, WTF! Is he a goon?

Nuja fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Apr 12, 2012

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

Nuja posted:

And Brian is wearing a T-Shirt with a somethingawful smiley in it, WTF! Is he a goon?

If it was :iamafag: it's spread to lots of other forums.

Birthday Cake
Feb 12, 2008

Tom, this is "Mayor's Fun Money." You can use it anywhere.
I really wouldn't be surprised if he was a goon.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Redban

Look at the deletion page. Looks like it's about to disappear again!
Whatever you think about Redban, I think it's weird that he isn't considered "notable" enough to be on Wikipedia. He's done a lot more good radio than most radio- and he's host to shows with notable people all the time.
It seems kind of biased towards traditional media when you consider the amount of listeners deathsquad has compared to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KFAR, Alaskan radio

widunder
May 2, 2002
While Dom Irrera was really, really unnecessarily mean to Brian, I did enjoy it.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Bohemian Nights posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brian_Redban

Look at the deletion page.

I hope so much that it gets deleted. Hearing Brian get upset over not having one is the funniest thing.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

Redban literally turned into Goofy at the end of the Neal Brennan podcast during that fight with Joe.

Biggie Shorty
Oct 8, 2008

Gooch posted:

I had the exact same thought. They also mentioned that there was another older black comic who is gay aswell I'm trying to figure that one out too.

I like how they said these guys are sorta open about it but if you call them gay they get angry. I can picture Mooney doing this.

Why picture it in your head when you can watch him go off on Youtube? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzAt9XMV9TU

I don't like this angrier Joe Rogan picking on Brian all the time. Looks like someone needs to up their dosage of NuMood

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

And it's gone.

:lol:

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

The weirdest loving podcast is going down on redban's ustream right now, ew.

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

Google Butt posted:

The weirdest loving podcast is going down on redban's ustream right now, ew.

what's going on? I tried watching it earlier but it was so laggy it wouldn't load at all and the only person I saw was redban

Typhus733
Aug 30, 2008
Lately I've noticed when you boil it down, Joe really only talks about 3 things; "big dick," "gay," "gorrila loving."

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets

Typhus733 posted:

Lately I've noticed when you boil it down, Joe really only talks about 3 things; "big dick," "gay," "gorrila loving."

You mustn't leave out Jaguars.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Brekelefuw posted:

You mustn't leave out Jaguars.
And getting jacked by the aforementioned jaguars.

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

McKenna?

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

eddie bravo is pretty dumb.

take three tablets
Nov 21, 2005

Hell Gem
If you still have any doubts about Joe's feelings towards women, check out the latest Ice house chronicles. I didn't watch the steam but I can't imagine how uncomfortable that room must have been. Holy poo poo.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
Clapping Larry

habanero walrus posted:

If you still have any doubts about Joe's feelings towards women, check out the latest Ice house chronicles. I didn't watch the steam but I can't imagine how uncomfortable that room must have been. Holy poo poo.

How about a short summary instead?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Yeah, count me in as super interested in the drama but we need to be better about posting links, episode/guest names and summaries so stuff is easier to find so we can discuss stuff better- while also being less alienating to newcomers to the thread :shobon:

edit: For some reason I love it every single time Joe refers to his twitter followers as his "twitter friends" :3:

beep by grandpa fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Apr 18, 2012

take three tablets
Nov 21, 2005

Hell Gem
Sorry I was posting from my phone. The video is here, Amy Schumer and her friend come in around 32 minutes in. Rewatching it now though it doesn't seem nearly as bad as it does at the time. Joe just tends to say things that make me uncomfortable whenever there are women around, but that might just be me. I thought the last JRE with Amy seemed a little awkward too, but watching her on camera it doesn't actually seem to bother her so. Whatever.

Just relistened. I'm out of my mind there's no drama here just a couple awkward jokes. Ignore me.

take three tablets fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Apr 18, 2012

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

drat, Tom Segura has a badass Charlie Murphy impression briefly around 1hr35m, but everyone kept talking over it!!

I wanted to hear more of it :smith:

WHY SEE ESS
Sep 12, 2006
Couldn't find Tom Segura's impression of Charlie Murphy, but I loving love this voice he uses http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvG7KhElK5M

Nuja
Jan 29, 2006
Joe's gonna have Rick Ross on tomorrow. Tippin on fo fo's.

No, but for reals, he's going to have Freeway Ricky Ross on, the dude who was a kingpin in 80s... just check out wikipedia. Should be a great one, like along the lines of Graham Hancock great.

Rorobb
Aug 17, 2005

The more I hear from Joe the less respect I have for him :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdBl95Kxdzc&feature=relmfu (parts 3,4, and 5 are when Joe is in the studio and goes into aggressive douche mode)

probably a repost but man...what an rear end in a top hat

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rorobb posted:

The more I hear from Joe the less respect I have for him :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdBl95Kxdzc&feature=relmfu (parts 3,4, and 5 are when Joe is in the studio and goes into aggressive douche mode)

probably a repost but man...what an rear end in a top hat

I've listened through the third and fourth parts and haven't really heard him be an rear end in a top hat yet. He's interrupting a bit and using stoner arguments against someone who sounds like they know what they're talking about, but nothing especially egregious.

Demie
Apr 2, 2004
joe needs to take it easy with the Alpha Brain, i know alpha-gpc and gaba both make me pretty impatient with people

here's an old picture of Eddie Bravo that i found on Metal Archives.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski
Every time I figure I'm done with this podcast, he has a really fascinating guest on like Rick Ross.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Does anybody know why Joe had Brian edit some of the latest podcast with Freeway Ricky?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHY SEE ESS
Sep 12, 2006
What specific times? I don't really remember any, but then again I wasn't really paying full attention. My guess is that he said some persons name or something that he shouldn't, and rick/redban/joe thought it'd be best to leave it out.