Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier
Thank you both (and @osakabuffalo) My curiosity is now sated :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

PS Tigers Mask is actually pretty good. There was an Osaka Pro/Dragon Gate invasion angle was cool just to see Black Buffalo and Tigers Mask throw tantrums.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
IVP has put up Chris Hero's best of up for free. http://new.ivpvideos2.com/product_info.php?products_id=8131

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier
This week's IVP freebie is the Best of AJPW Triple Crown V.01. Somebody with a better knowledge of Puro than me can tell you how good it is, but... you know... free rasslin!

quote:

4/15/88 Bruiser Brody vs. Genichiro Tenryu (1st Unification Match)

10/17/88 Jumbo Tsuruta vs. Stan Hansen (2nd Unification Match)

4/16/89 Jumbo Tsuruta vs. Stan Hansen (3rd Unification Match)

4/18/89 Jumbo Tsuruta vs. Stan Hansen-Triple Crown Formed.

4/20/89 Jumbo Tsuruta vs. Genichiro Tenryu (1st defense).

edit: http://new.ivpvideos2.com/product_info.php?products_id=8136?osCsid=839d7ab20037d43622c086859c5b7e40

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Jumbo vs. Hansen & Tenryu. Can't go wrong.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
None of those are classics but they're still good.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Puroresu Spirit posted:

[NOAH News] Maybach Taniguchi aims to bring barbed-wire to the Emerald Green ring for his GHC Heavyweight title match against Takeshi Morishima on May 9th @ Korakuen Hall.
For those of you who have watched some of the GLOBAL TAG LEAGUE, Taniguchi has gained a new fascination with weapons and using them whenever he wishes. Kensuke Sasaki, especially, has found himself on the bad end of Taniguchi's assaults on a number of occasions as of late.
At this time Taniguchi is calling for the title match to be NO DQ and NO Countout.
With no deathmatches really ever been held in the NOAH ring, will Taniguchi's new heel persona begin to carve a new history?

I'm very interested to see how NOAH would do a death match. I've seen some bloody matches in NOAH's history, but if Taniguchi uses barbed-wire it would be a pretty historic thing for NOAH.

Will Barbed-wire be enough to stop Morishima though? :allears:

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

We don't need your money!
That is one ugly loving mask

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
All that reminds me of is the STOP THE MATSUNAGA! posts by Dean Rasmussen from DVDVR:

quote:

ZERO1-MAX- 6/30/2005- OSAMU NAMIGUCHI vs MITSUHIRO MATSUNAGA :

Melancholy and sullen Lenny wrote the set-up to this on the beloved DVDVR matches board when he posted all this and I QUOTE: "The story started out with Katsuhiko Ogasawara seeing Ryouji Sai's photo in a fashion magazine modeling clothes and he think this a disgrace for a shoot fighter. So he brings his Karate Forces (Kazuhiko Ogasawara, Kazuhiko Matsuzaki and Masashi Aoyagi) to ZERO1-MAX to fight Young MAX (basically all the youngers guys in ZERO1) but the Karate Forces kept losing against the pro wrestlers.

On the 6/17 show the Karate Forces brought with them a new member dressed in a black gi and wearing a mask. At the end of the match against Young MAX he unmasked as Matsunaga (Matsunaga had a karate gimmick when he first started wrestling)."

I don't know about you but Ogasawara calling Young MAX a bunch of f*gs and wanting to kick all their asses is the most awesomely redneck angle I think I have ever heard of. If only the Karate fighters were Young MAX'z old drunken uncles could you POSSIBLY make that more redneck. Here, Namiguchi represents the nephew that didn't come home for Christmas because he goes to art school now and he wanted to go to New Orleans instead and protest testing on animals at Tulane University. Namiguchi's mom cried at the family dinner and Ogasawara gets pissed off because his sister is crying. Matsunaga represents Uncle Benny- the Nam vet and drywall subcontractor. Benny says, "Oh gently caress that little bastard. I'm driving down there and straightening this poo poo out." The Z-1 official who gets carved up represents the NOLA policeman who Benny kicks the gently caress out of. Namiguchi is a loving KING in this by leaning facefirst into bloodening.

ZERO1-MAX- 8/23/05- RIKIYA FUDO vs MITSUHIRO MATSUNAGA:

Matsunaga coming out to "Flash!" by Queen is telling. Whereas as lesser puroresu wrestlers come out to FAUX Queen, KING OF DANGER is the real thing. FUUUDDDOOOOO! shows that he can brawl like a motherfucker before getting ripped up and mauled by the old crazy psycho. Fudo is a complete cock with the dropkick to the face and the gnarly piledriver. Matsunaga going all Great Muta with the in-gimmick no-selling is offset by the de-pretty-ing of the young pretty boy. Matsunaga making them MEN by uglying them up is such loving great subtext to the reasons behind the whole fued. The whole making of the young man his bitch by doing the redneck thing of making her unattractive to anyone else is loving SOLID GOLD. Fudo looks really great once his fighting spirit kicks in and poo poo. The fighting spirit carries the match- the loving FIREBALL by Matsunaga is loving OLD SCHOOL SHEIK LEVEL loving GREAT. WHAT THE gently caress?!? Carving up the guy who rings the bell is sooooo COBO ARENA 1974. loving beautiful.

ZERO1-MAX- 9/19/05- KOHEI SATO vs MISUHIRO MATSUNAGA:

The barbed-wire c-clamp is so simple yet so AWESOME. Sato is the hipster pretty boy that gets to follow Johnny Cash saying, "And I came to behold a pale horse and the name that sat upon him was DEATH...." there should be a wider use of the Book Of Revelations in The Professional Wrestling and I back the use of scripture as precursor to fireball one hundred percent. Matsunaga's DANGEROUS BLEED coat is... I am at a loss to describe the greatness. Sato sinks in the Jujigatame! Matsunaga stabs him in the bottom of the foot! That's wrestling psychology, folks. Emo Boy gets blood all over his hipster back tattoo. Sato blades like an absolute motherfucker and kicks his way back into your heart. It's at this point that you notice that Matsunaga has fangs. It's at this point that Matsunaga starts digging a large hole in Sato's tricept. It's at this point that Matsunaga tries to kill everyone in the ring. It's at this point that I totally fell in love with wrestling all over again.

(On a side note: Kohei Sato has the greatest sounding voice in professional wrestling. I assume that he sings for an ENTOMBED cover band when he has a few days off.)

ZERO1-MAX- 9/29/05- KATSUHIKO OGASAWARA vs MITSUHIRO MATSUNAGA:

This is a No-Rope Karate Match. This is basically Ogasawara saying through the medium of the Professional Wrestling, "MY GOD! WHAT HAVE DONE!?!?!?" He feels he must finish this and rid the world of what he has created but he must do it with KARATE!- an odd twist that throws off the redneckness of the fued. Ogasawara doesn't NEARLY bring the hate to the match. Matsunaga OPTS to use barbed wire around his ankle and to carve up the summoner with a screwdriver- thus taking Matsunaga full circle. He has forsaken the young proponents wrestling and now he completely forsakes his old cohorts who champion karate. There is only the DEATH MATCH. This is where they should have Merle Haggard say, "No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other; or else he will be devoted to one and despise the other. You can't serve both God and Mammon." Ogasawara redeems his crappy striking by blowing a loving 55 gallon barrel of blood out of his head.

ZERO1-MAX- 10/9/05- No-rope barbwire deathmatch- HIROTAKA YOKOI vs MITSUHIRO MATSUNAGA:

Now that Matsunaga is broken with the past and broken with the future, I would assume that all that is left is nihilistic destruction. With Yokoi thrown in for local (red) color. Matsunaga appears when his music starts. He has a chain and his fangs are longer. Yokoi starts off like Sato with a Jujigatame but Matsunaga gnaws on his calf and escapes. Lowblow and a screwdriver later and we get to gauge Yokoi's blading ability. VERDICT: FULL HONMA LEVEL. Yokoi dons the barbed-wire glove and Yokoi beats the gently caress out of Matsunaga. Matsunaga gets the RIBBON OF BLOOD to flow right over his eye. Matsunaga drives a fork into Yokoi's hand and this is sooo loving sick. Sometimes art has to be disturbing. Even more disturbing is Yokoi's hand being crimped by Matsunaga's pliers. It's at this point where they actually utilize the forgotten barbed wire that has taken the place of the ropes. Matsunaga chokes him out over the ringpost with a chain and the Z-1 MAX roster goes insane chasing Matsunaga off and yelling threats at him.

ZERO1-MAX - 11/17/05- YOSHIHITO SASAKI vs MITSUHIRO MATSUNAGA:

God, Sasaki looks like he is TWELVE. He looks scared when he gets up from avoiding the barbed-wire so this is a pretty great set-up- innocence versus the cracked and broken spirit/ youth versus age/ fighting for Zero-1 MAX versus trying to destroy whatever you can get your hands on- all played out against a field of blood and barbed-wire. Matsunaga is always high concept. He is the highest concept when he uses death matches to explore religion. here he intermingles religious overtones with the idea of blood and loyalty. Luckily, it's mostly blood because Sasaki blades like a Puerto Rican in this. Matsunaga takes the biggest bumps into the barbed-wire and he balances it out by ripping at Sasaki's forehead and EAR with channel locks. Sasaki takes the powerbomb from the ring into the Spidernetting on the floor but fights back to German suplex Matsunaga- who pulls out a spike and ends up destroying himself by missing and stabbing himself in the stomach, allowing Sasaki to hit an Emerald Frozien through a box of barbed-wire set up in the ring. God, that was like the Brothers Grimm were booking it. MILLION BILLION STARS.

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
that guy looks really pissed off about what the cotton candy booth gave him.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Flameingblack posted:

I'm very interested to see how NOAH would do a death match. I've seen some bloody matches in NOAH's history, but if Taniguchi uses barbed-wire it would be a pretty historic thing for NOAH.

Will Barbed-wire be enough to stop Morishima though? :allears:

no, it'll just piss off the giant angry baby

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008
So "Maybach" Taniguchi = the former Shuhei Taniguchi?

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

Chortles posted:

So "Maybach" Taniguchi = the former Shuhei Taniguchi?
Yes.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
The big-two match results from NJPW's 40th Aniversery show:

Low-Ki beat Prince Devitt to become the new IWGP Jr Heavyweight Champion
Okada retains the IWGP Heavyweight Championship against Hirooki Goto

The other results:
Tomohiro Ishii, YOSHI-HASHI & Jado beat Strong Man, Captain New Japan & Tama Tonga
TAKA Michinoku & Taichi beat Ryusuke Taguchi & KUSHIDA
Jushin Thunder Liger & Tiger Mask beat Gedo & Rocky Romero
IWGP Tag Team Title: Toru Yano & Takashi Iizuka beat Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima to become new IWGP Tag Team Champions
Minoru Suzuki & Yoshihiro Takayama beat Yuji Nagata & Togi Makabe
Shinsuke Nakamura beat Karl Anderson
Hiroshi Tanahashi & Tetsuya Naito beat Masato Tanaka & Yujiro Takahashi

Tanahashi cut a promo asking for another shot at the title.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

Flameingblack posted:

The big-two match results from NJPW's 40th Aniversery show:

Low-Ki beat Prince Devitt to become the new IWGP Jr Heavyweight Champion
Okada retains the IWGP Heavyweight Championship against Hirooki Goto

The other results:
Tomohiro Ishii, YOSHI-HASHI & Jado beat Strong Man, Captain New Japan & Tama Tonga
TAKA Michinoku & Taichi beat Ryusuke Taguchi & KUSHIDA
Jushin Thunder Liger & Tiger Mask beat Gedo & Rocky Romero
IWGP Tag Team Title: Toru Yano & Takashi Iizuka beat Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima to become new IWGP Tag Team Champions
Minoru Suzuki & Yoshihiro Takayama beat Yuji Nagata & Togi Makabe
Shinsuke Nakamura beat Karl Anderson
Hiroshi Tanahashi & Tetsuya Naito beat Masato Tanaka & Yujiro Takahashi

Tanahashi cut a promo asking for another shot at the title.

Ugh. gently caress Low-Ki.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Hope Devitt kills a punk bitch for this.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Low Ki > > > > Devitt.

That is all.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Ditch posted:

Low Ki > > > > Devitt.

That is all.
I use to respect you, Ditch.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Ditch posted:

Low Ki > > > > Devitt.

That is all.

Trolling your own thread. That's a swerve.

I wanna see the match. Devitt's one of my absolute favorites. Low Ki can be fun but he's also a poo poo head soooo...

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Ditch posted:

Low Ki > > > > Devitt.

That is all.

I'm assuming that means Devitt has summoned a legion of Pac-Man's to eat Low-Ki because it can't possibly mean anything else.

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

I POSSESS QUESTIONABLE TASTE IN TOUHOU GAMES

Ditch posted:

Low Ki > > > > Devitt.

That is all.

Ditch HEEL TURN~! You're going to have to change your name to allcaps now.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
I have yet to enjoy a Devitt match and don't get what the big deal is with him. Whereas, I've enjoyed the hell out of a lot of Low Ki matches. Ki is a comparable athlete, has much more presence, is better at structuring a compelling match, he's got credible strikes (sometimes *too* credible...), he works every bit as hard as Devitt, so what exactly makes my sentiment controversial?

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Ditch posted:

I have yet to enjoy a Devitt match and don't get what the big deal is with him. Whereas, I've enjoyed the hell out of a lot of Low Ki matches. Ki is a comparable athlete, has much more presence, is better at structuring a compelling match, he's got credible strikes (sometimes *too* credible...), he works every bit as hard as Devitt, so what exactly makes my sentiment controversial?

I haven't seen a whole lot of Devitt, so I can't really comment on him, but Ki is the very first person I think of when I read/hear Jim Cornette talk about how so many years ago, guys pretended to hurt each other and the fans believed it, and now dudes potato each other and the fans know it's fake.

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
But if you've seen that power of the punch thing on NXT, you'd know Low Ki actually has baby kicks. :v:

MadRhetoric
Feb 18, 2011

I POSSESS QUESTIONABLE TASTE IN TOUHOU GAMES

Fauxhawk Express posted:

I haven't seen a whole lot of Devitt, so I can't really comment on him, but Ki is the very first person I think of when I read/hear Jim Cornette talk about how so many years ago, guys pretended to hurt each other and the fans believed it, and now dudes potato each other and the fans know it's fake.

This, plus Devitt's very crisp with his poo poo and does the "I am serious wrestler" thing better than Ki does or did. He's good being a dominant champ kind of guy and working from the bottom, and meshes pretty well with any junior they match him up with. He also comes out to "You're the Best Around", and that's just gravy.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
I think Devitt is too far in the other direction. To me everything he does is either contrived or vanilla.

Here's what I wrote about him last year when dishing out a negative review to his match with Ibushi at the Tokyo Dome:

"As with pretty much every Devitt match, there's no "beef". He's a great athlete, a hard worker, but not good with the elements I really care about. Prince Devitt is essentially the polar opposite of Tenryu, with the exception that neither of them are good at interesting matwork. There's nothing Devitt does in matches that I care about, and it's not about him botching things, nor is it an issue of overkill, it's simply a complete and utter lack of what I enjoy in pro wrestling."

I stand by this.

DirtyDirtySheets
Oct 22, 2011

Ditch posted:

so what exactly makes my sentiment controversial?

It's different.

I like them both. Low Ki's always been awesome at being a super serious killing machine, Devitt's a good Casshan-esque tortured hero that's always in pain and falling apart, but somehow beats the odds.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Spoilers for DDT Max Bump:

0. Dark Match: Gorgeous Matsuno Vs Shota ended in a Time Limit Draw (11:50 pm).
1. KAI defeated Keisuke Ishii with the Splash Plancha (10:34).
2. 10-Man Tag Team Match: Daisuke Sasaki, Tomomitsu Matsunaga, Shigehiro Irie, Akito & Tetsuya Endo defeated Antonio Honda, Keita Yano, Poison JULIE Sawada, Hoshitango & Don Michael when Sasaki submitted Michael with a Crossface (9:51).
3. Hikaru Sato defeated DJ Nira with the Cross Armbreaker (9:00).
4. Sanshiro Takagi, Takao Soma, Andy Palafox & Hero Amon defeated Danshoku Dibo, Makoto Oishi & Masao Inoue when Takagi pinned Oishi with the Sitdown Himawari Bomb (11:24).
5. Kota Ibushi Return Match: El Generico defeated Kota Ibushi with the Brainbustaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!! (20:12).
6. 3 Way KO-D Challenger Playoff Match: HARASHIMA defeated Yasu Urano and KUDO when HARASHIMA pinned Urano with the Somato (17:16).
7. KO-D Openweight Title: Yuji Hino defeated Masa Takanashi (c) with the F***’N Bomb (26:10).

Those spoilers make me kind of sad, but I'm sure Ibushi vs Generico is going to be a match of the year candidate.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 00:10 on May 5, 2012

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
An ultra-obscure Japanese indy wrestler has a finisher named "Dream Of Fetus".

I don't know what the move is and I don't think I want to.

DirtyDirtySheets
Oct 22, 2011
So "Forever 18" Cherry lost her :"reveal age vs appear with no makeup" match against Sakura Emi and told the world she is actually...37?!

Mad respect to her. Saw her put on a 60 minute match a year and a half ago, and she generally stays in crazy shape.

Edit: Here's the match: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xqm3m3_02-cherry-vs-emi-sakura-union-05-04-12_sport

DirtyDirtySheets fucked around with this message at 20:58 on May 5, 2012

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Ditch posted:

An ultra-obscure Japanese indy wrestler has a finisher named "Dream Of Fetus".

I don't know what the move is and I don't think I want to.
Going to take a wild guess here, do they work for 666?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Here's the DDT Max Bump show on DailyMotion featuring:
Kota Ibushi vs El Generico
Masa Takanashi vs Yuji Hino
HARISHMA vs Kudo vs Urano

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x2257i/1#video=xqp60k

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

:allears:

Anyway, I watched the House show from Hiroshima. Main event was entertaining, but not amazing. I was actually shocked that it wasn't like ****1/2, but then again I realised that this wasn't All Japan in the 90s. They definitely keep everything in 2nd gear when they're on the road. Not that there is anything wrong with that. And in fact, I would prefer that they not kill themselves every night of the tour. And at least Kenta/Misawa et al were doing it in front of big crowds. I wouldn't want to do it in front of 1,000 people.

Anyway, that just appeared, so hopefully the Million Dollar Man / Samurai Man match is up soon.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Why didn't anyone tell me that Kotage was signed into NOAH? He's one of my favorite Osaka Pro guys!

Looks like he's got two matches so far, vs Go Shiozaki and a tag-team match where he became the #1 contender for the GHC JHC. Anyone have them?

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 19:40 on May 14, 2012

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
None of the stuff from the May tour has aired so far, the Korakuen show from the 9th airs this Friday. He's in the opener against Zack Sabre Jr. on that one.

http://www.cagematch.de/?id=2&nr=4149&view=&page=4&gimmick=&year=&promotion=8&region=&location=&arena=&showtype=&worker=&text=

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
Does Tajiri's new Wrestling New Classic company have their first show available anywhere yet?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Bocc Kob posted:

Does Tajiri's new Wrestling New Classic company have their first show available anywhere yet?
Wrestling New Classic "Before the Dawn" has all the promo videos, including the opening and Outro on their Youtube channel but none of the matches. V:v:V

Their official debut is May 24th so that might be when they start releasing the matches. I have no idea if Before the Dawn was a house-show type deal or not.

Their Website has a tab for UStream, which is currently not working. I would be really ecstatic if they were releasing all their shows simul-cast on UStream.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 22:23 on May 14, 2012

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Before The Dawn wasn't taped for Samurai. The May show hasn't been confirmed yet one way or the other; if it's taped it won't air until June.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Brian Kendrick has replaced Davey Richards in the Super J tournament.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Is Davey fired/in trouble? Or just temporarily replaced?

Also, what's the buzz with NOAH like? Still dying slowly? Any good action worth checking out?