Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

WinnebagoWarrior posted:

Um they are the Gotham Rogues NERD

also if they sold those jerseys I would buy them all

Why does Pittsburg=Gotham?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Chichevache posted:

The next Batman movie stars the Pittsburgh Steelers as Gotham City's football team, the Gotham Knights.

At least, I think that's it. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Alter Ego posted:

The next Batman movie stars the Pittsburgh Steelers as Gotham City's football team, the Gotham Knights.

At least, I think that's it. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Ts Hines Ward in particular vs. a team that resembles Seattle's finest. Why the loving Steelers though? Shouldn't it be the Jets or Giants?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Chichevache posted:

Ts Hines Ward in particular vs. a team that resembles Seattle's finest. Why the loving Steelers though? Shouldn't it be the Jets or Giants?

Gotham, at least in the Nolan films, is a mishmash but the majority is Chicago. Besides, are you really gonnna complain about the Steelers getting held hostage by Bane?

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

Barudak posted:

Gotham, at least in the Nolan films, is a mishmash but the majority is Chicago. Besides, are you really gonnna complain about the Steelers getting held hostage by Bane?

I'm mad because Hines Ward doesn't die on screen right in front of us. Maybe he will in the movie and all will be redeemed, but in the trailer he lives. And that makes Febreeze angry.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Barudak posted:

The last thing they need is more attention and gently caress Hines Ward getting paid.

They also kill the Seahawks in the movie. How am I supposed to react to that?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Chichevache posted:

The last thing they need is more attention and gently caress Hines Ward getting paid.

With resolute and reserved dignity, knowing that a man in an even more unreasonable and hideous wardrobe will avenge them.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Barudak posted:

With resolute and reserved dignity, knowing that a man in an even more unreasonable and hideous wardrobe will avenge them.

Are we talking about Batman or Aaron Rodgers?

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Barudak posted:

Nike needs to give the new uniforms nipples.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Dr_Strangelove posted:

Yeah get your fictional football teams straight :spergin:

Now, where is my Miami Sharks jersey?

Speaking of, anyone know where I can buy a Bengals jersey from when they were good?

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Chichevache posted:

The Seahawks are in a movie? Why ???????????

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Schwack posted:

It's these dudes:

Equipment by Schutt for some reason.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Hazo posted:

It's these dudes:

Better than their current uniforms.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Febreeze posted:

Better than their current uniforms.

It is impossible for you to be more wrong.

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.
It's Super Bowl XL all over again, only less egregious.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

mints posted:

I'd stay away from the knock-offs this year, the real ones are being put together in Central America so I've got a feeling they're just going to take the leftover Reebok jersey materials and slap a swoosh on them.

I dunno, I've been eyeing this Angerer jersey on https://www.christmas-jersey.com for a while and the new Nike version looks convincingly different. Granted, the photo for the old version looks like crap. Anyone with a sharper eye want to weigh in?

mints
Aug 15, 2001

Living on past glories

Chimeric posted:

I dunno, I've been eyeing this Angerer jersey on https://www.christmas-jersey.com for a while and the new Nike version looks convincingly different. Granted, the photo for the old version looks like crap. Anyone with a sharper eye want to weigh in?

They're using the stock images Nike put up, and not even the ones of the Elite Jersey since that one is tagged as a Medium.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

Haha, beautiful

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.

Chimeric posted:

Haha, beautiful

I'm gonna buy a Cowboys one, gently caress it 28$ gets me either a decent knockoff like my Double Star, an exact replica like my other 3 or a missized retarded love child of a nike drifit shirt and reebok parts. I'll do a trip report!

haha the cowboys jerseys have a flywire in the picture they opted out of that

squarerandom fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Apr 26, 2012

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Schwack posted:

Yea, foursome reason they're recreating the most egregious insult in Seahawks history. I wonder if they'll have the scene where the refs jump Alexander.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Peanut President posted:

Speaking of, anyone know where I can buy a Bengals jersey from when they were good?

Here you go.

Chichevache posted:

Because it's a corrupt city full of people without moral fiber?

Could be bigger I guess.

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Apr 26, 2012

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

squarerandom posted:

I'm gonna buy a Cowboys one, gently caress it 28$ gets me either a decent knockoff like my Double Star, an exact replica like my other 3 or a missized retarded love child of a nike drifit shirt and reebok parts. I'll do a trip report!

haha the cowboys jerseys have a flywire in the picture they opted out of that
Yeah, I think I'm gonna pick up that Angerer one because, if they're listing it as one of their few Nike jerseys, then they should at least have it in stock one way or the other. I've been trying to get Angerer from that site since last fall and they never have it :argh:

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Tara Jersey is on the pulse!

Get your Andrew Luck jersey!

Just finished my order, was 53$? 20$ Shipping :negative: But at least I'll have an Austin jeresy, now stay healthy, you smiling rear end in a top hat.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Hazo posted:

It's these dudes:

That is our mayor btw, the crowd I heard relished in booing him. And if you want to feel better all those Steelers fans had to wear heavy winter cloths in the middle of August.

I hope Troy doesn't die in this movie, I understand why people hate Hines, but how can anyone hate Troy?

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

squarerandom posted:

Tara Jersey is on the pulse!

Get your Andrew Luck jersey!

Just finished my order, was 53$? 20$ Shipping :negative: But at least I'll have an Austin jeresy, now stay healthy, you smiling rear end in a top hat.

Why wouldn't you just spend the extra 30 bucks on a Nike?

coldplay chiptunes
Sep 17, 2010

by Lowtax

Barudak posted:

Really? I was under the impression that it was largely filmed in and based on Pittsburgh. I thought modeling the football team after the Steelers was a nod to this.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

KidDynamite posted:

Why wouldn't you just spend the extra 30 bucks on a Nike?

Nike's aren't 83$. 53$ was the total sorry If I posted that stupidly. But I'm getting the mid tier jersey regardless this summer. This is just to see how these are like I said; either I get a Reebok and it's whatever, a Nike GameDay tshirt style jersey and it's a bit cheaper than the nike/dallascowboys stores, or I actually get the "elite" knockoff without the water repellant or something. So 53$ isn't bad for A trial and error. Plus returns are free.

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Remember that one time you totally botched that snap?

coldplay chiptunes posted:

Really? I was under the impression that it was largely filmed in and based on Pittsburgh. I thought modeling the football team after the Steelers was a nod to this.

Dude they're using the steelers because the CEO of the company producing Dark Knight Rises has a minority stake of the team. It's not really a nod to anything, they were using the Steelers because they can.

If that dude had a minority stake in the Seahawks or Patriots or whatever they would have used them for the Gotham Rogues instead.

Now it would be cool if the Steelers sold replicas of those jerseys though. poo poo, I'd probably even buy one.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

squarerandom posted:

Plus returns are free.
Sure there wasn't an asterisk somewhere pointing to paying shipping yourself?

Also I can't tell for sure, but it looks kinda like the Luck jerseys have Reebok tags on the shoulders. And do the Colts have different shades of blue alternates or are Tara-jersey's pictures just way off in color? Quick comparison with NFL shop:

Actually looking at official pics, the Nike ones don't have a box around the swoosh so that's Reebok. Maybe you'll get a swoosh with a box :v:

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Well their Luck jersey isn't advertised as a Nike jersey and I think they've had it on the site before the Nike jerseys were even revealed.

It's hard to tell what's going on with their Nike jerseys. They're slightly different, but look like the same materials/cut as the Reeboks.

Eli Nike:
http://tarajersey.com/en/product_details.asp?proid=11850

Eli Reebok:
http://tarajersey.com/en/product_details.asp?proid=8115

Tuck Nike:
http://tarajersey.com/en/product_details.asp?proid=11833

Tuck Reebok:
http://tarajersey.com/en/product_details.asp?proid=4392

Barudak
May 7, 2007

coldplay chiptunes posted:

Do you know that street underneath a street that is in both movies? Thats lower wacker drive in Chicago and the amount of careful editing done in those movies to prevent you from realizing that street is like 2 blocks long is ridiculous. Additionally, many of the buildings used to make the blended skyline are Chicago landmarks. Not that they don't also use Pittsburgh and other cities, just that much of the filming was done in Chicago.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
gently caress the Steelers, Gotham is New York.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gotham_City

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Chichevache posted:

gently caress the Steelers, Gotham is New York.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gotham_City

I always thought New York was Metropolis

Barudak
May 7, 2007

SteelAngel2000 posted:

Depends on the universe and what have you. In most of them though New York, Gotham, and Metropolis are all separate eastern seaboard cities and the total population of the world is much, much larger. Gotham is typically south of New York and Metropolis is typically north of it. Often, Gotham is in New Jersey so by default the Gotham Rogue's fans are terrible loving people.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

SteelAngel2000 posted:

Superman is apparently....

Canadian!?!?!?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metropolis_(comics)

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

SteelAngel2000 posted:

Denny O'Neill had a great quote about that.

quote:

“Gotham is Manhattan below Fourteenth Street at 3 a.m., November 28 in a cold year. Metropolis is Manhattan between Fourteenth and One Hundred and Tenth Streets on the brightest, sunniest July day of the year.”

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

I think in the Avengers/JLA crossover the avengers get transported to the DCU and I think Tony or Reed comments that there's a lot more landmass to account for all these extra cities.

Also this is a terrible derail close TFF now, etc.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Retromancer posted:

I think in the Avengers/JLA crossover the avengers get transported to the DCU and I think Tony or Reed comments that there's a lot more landmass to account for all these extra cities.

But we are so close to the draft! It's always darkest before the dawn etc. etc.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
That's all well and good but where is Seaboard City? I've never figured out where the gently caress that is.

San Diego?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Retromancer posted:

Who has better mythical BBQ, Metropolis or Gotham? I feel like Gotham's would be a much darker bolder sauce, but Metropolis would definitely be sweeter and perfect for a 4th of July cook out.

• Locked thread