Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

TheJoker138 posted:

Even over here in the states we've only gotten 1-3 on blu ray, and that was back when the remake was coming out to theaters. Since the remake was released, we've gotten 2 additional box sets on DVD too. I've given up hope on them every being released on blu ray. Or at least good releases, if they do come out they'll end up like Nightmare 2 and 3 where they're shoved together onto one disc with no special features at all, I bet.

Two movies on a 50gb bluray isn't that bad though. And can we honestly say NoES 2 and 4-7 deserve some kind of grand treatment on bluray?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Two movies on a 50gb bluray isn't that bad though. And can we honestly say NoES 2 and 4-7 deserve some kind of grand treatment on bluray?

I wouldn't mind them being on the same blu ray if there were some kind of special features on them. Well, features about 3, who gives a poo poo about 2. Other than that though...Yeah, 1, 3, and New Nightmare are the only ones I really care about.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?

TheJoker138 posted:

I wouldn't mind them being on the same blu ray if there were some kind of special features on them. Well, features about 3, who gives a poo poo about 2. Other than that though...Yeah, 1, 3, and New Nightmare are the only ones I really care about.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nightmare-Street-Blu-ray-Region-Free/dp/B0058N2T3K/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1335484151&sr=8-1

Full of features, look and sound great. Here is an in depth review with the features listed.
http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/6326/elmstreetcollection_ukimport.html

Slasherfan fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Apr 27, 2012

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

This isn't a movie poster, but it is movie promotional material, and it is really loving weird. Here's uh, marketing for the Japanese Ringu sequel, Sadako 3D: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mRRj6OdLjUM#t=86s

So like, in Japan, did the Ring movies become slapstick comedies?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

gently caress you Brits!

:(

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

TheJoker138 posted:

gently caress you Brits!

:(

It is region free

mistaya
Oct 18, 2006

Cat of Wealth and Taste

Vagabundo posted:

"I'm Sean Bean and I probably die in this movie."

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

We're just gonna open our tool palette and... get some entities... how about some nice happy trees? We'll put them near this barn. Give that cow some shade... There.

mistaya posted:

I can seriously only think (without checking imdb) of one movie where he lives, but at the end he gets arrested.

EDIT: Silent Hill movie. Thats two.

Irish Taxi Driver fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Apr 27, 2012

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Irish Taxi Driver posted:

I can seriously only think (without checking imdb) of one movie where he lives, but at the end he gets arrested.

There's Bravo Two Zero. Andy McNab survived capture by the Iraqis, so Bean survives.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Yeah but he's probably going to die in the sequel (if it ever comes out).

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!

mistaya posted:

Sean Pertwee also dies in everything. He didn't even survive the opening credits in The Tudors.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Sean Bean and Sean Pertwee are both the poor man's each other.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Young Freud posted:

There's Bravo Two Zero. Andy McNab survived capture by the Iraqis, so Bean survives.

That wasn't a movie, though, it was a TV series. If you're including TV then Bean's survived practically a complete adaptation of the Sharpe novels, so it's best we stick to movies.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

He didn't die in Troy.

Of course, he played Odysseus, so immediately after the story shown in the movie is done, he's in for one hell of a lovely 10 years.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

thrawn527 posted:

He didn't die in Troy.

Of course, he played Odysseus, so immediately after the story shown in the movie is done, he's in for one hell of a lovely 10 years.

Still think Troy should have ended in an unrelated sequel bait with someone going towards Odysseus and saying "so what are you going to do now?" then Sean Bean looks at the camera and winks.

StickySweater
Feb 7, 2008
Scratch that. My mistake.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Still think Troy should have ended in an unrelated sequel bait with someone going towards Odysseus and saying "so what are you going to do now?" then Sean Bean looks at the camera and winks.

"I'm going to go home and sleep with my wife"

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

Speleothing posted:

"I'm going to go home and sleep with my wife"

Whoa, I was just thinking of that scene this morning.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

If anybody wants to read a very Hollywoodesque story about producer/studio relations, we have been working with Silver productions on five films (two unreleased) including the Sherlock films.

I posted the Sherlock 2 print art in here and alluded to some of the problems and how they affected the print art. This is a perfect example of the type of poo poo that can happen and change film posters, stuff that I could never talk about until now.

There were several problems that came up in the Sherlock 2 process and affected what I think was still a successful campaign that produced some of the following...

EXCLUSIVE: Joel Silver And Warner Bros Pictures Severing 25-Year Relationship

quote:

Silver began loudly complaining around Hollywood, and using surrogates to grouse directly to showbiz media, about Warner Bros’ handling of Sherlock Holmes 2‘s release. Silver was a producer on the sequel, which was playing catch up to that holiday’s runaway No. 1, Paramount’s Mission: Impossible 4. Silver and his surrogates bitched about everything, from the studio’s marketing and distribution to the fact that Warner Bros shouldn’t have paired a first glimpse of its hot The Dark Knight Rises footage with I:M4‘s IMAX release. They claimed the move goosed M:i4 grosses to the detriment of Sherlock Holmes: A Game Of Shadows. (It had PR value but proved revenue neutral.) They claimed Sherlock 2 star Robert Downey Jr was so furious he would never work again for the studio. (Not true.) Warner Bros movie chief Jeff Robinov felt the Sherlock Holmes 2 blame game orchestrated by Silver was destabilizing the studio. “Jeff said to Joel, ‘You’re panicking as you always do, blaming everyone, infuriating everyone. Internally and externally you’re creating problems for us.”

Role Play McMurphy
Jul 15, 2010
Those posters are perfectly effective at selling the movie and the first one is pretty dang good.

What I really wanna know is why Rachel McAdams had such a small role and would presumably not recur in a sequel.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Pingiivi posted:

Sean Pertwee also dies in everything. He didn't even survive the opening credits in The Tudors.

In Equilibrium he wasn't even alive for the whole movie. It's also a movie where Sean Bean dies.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Role Play McMurphy posted:

Those posters are perfectly effective at selling the movie and the first one is pretty dang good.

What I really wanna know is why Rachel McAdams had such a small role and would presumably not recur in a sequel.

The way they handled her made it seem to me like she could totally come back for a sequel if they really wanted her to.

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!

Alhazred posted:

In Equilibrium he wasn't even alive for the whole movie. It's also a movie where Sean Bean dies.

"We need someone who has been dead and someone who will die? Call the Sean-team."

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
I think Sean Bean's chances of survival are inversely proportionate to how skilled, prepared, and safe he is:

1)

Movie: Fellowship of the Ring

Character: Boromir

Situation: Highly skilled warrior, traveling with a band of other skilled warriors.

Outcome: Peppered with ork arrows.

2)

Movie: Goldeneye

Character: Alec Trevelyan

Situation: In a high tech military fortress, surrounded by loyal soldiers armed with automatic weapons. Has been trained in covert ops, weapons handling, and even rivals 007 skill wise.

Outcome: Beaten, dropped hundreds of feet onto back, has previously mention fortress dropped on him.

3)

Movie: Equilibrium

Character: Errol Partridge

Situation: Sitting by himself in a church reading a book.

Outcome: Shot in the loving face

Al Cu Ad Solte fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Apr 28, 2012

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

I think Sean Bean's chances of survival are directly proportionate to how skilled, prepared, and safe he is:

And then you cite three examples where he gets killed regardless of competence.

Sean Bean's chances of surviving a movie are inversely proportionate to how much he is Sean Bean.

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause

Jedit posted:

And then you cite three examples where he gets killed regardless of competence.

Sean Bean's chances of surviving a movie are inversely proportionate to how much he is Sean Bean.

Woops, I meant inversely proportionate. I am kind of an idiot.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Wait, Sean Bean survived Ronin by being a lying coward. Granted, he dropped out of the film like less than a quarter of the way in, but he was only figuratively killed by a coffee cup, not literally.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Hey, dude could have stuck around longer if only he knew what color the boathouse at Hereford was.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.
Let's start with a really good poster.

What other indie movies are coming out this year?

UGH. That's loving hideous. I thought we were beyond this 'LOOK AT HOW QUIRKY WE ARE!' phase of posters. Besides, it's a direct ripoff of this poster:

OK, back to the blockbusters. Maybe these'll be-

:lol:

Robert Denby fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Apr 28, 2012

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

So that's how you hold a PlayStation controller. No wonder I kept winning all the time.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?

Robert Denby posted:

:lol:

Isn't that IT from South Park?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Monowheels have been around a whole lot longer than South Park, even if that's the first thing I think of when I see one now too.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Slasherfan posted:

Isn't that IT from South Park?

That's exactly what I was thinking. Holy poo poo :laffo:

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

GrandpaPants posted:

This isn't a movie poster, but it is movie promotional material, and it is really loving weird. Here's uh, marketing for the Japanese Ringu sequel, Sadako 3D: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=mRRj6OdLjUM#t=86s

So like, in Japan, did the Ring movies become slapstick comedies?

This is loving great.

You know, for a really lovely movie Birdemic had some really nice fan posters:

Let's take a look at the original poster:

:stare:

e: Also, what the hell is this

Dissapointed Owl fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Apr 28, 2012

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

Dissapointed Owl posted:

e: Also, what the hell is this

It looks like he's holding a basketball shoe.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Cpt. Spring Types posted:

It looks like he's holding a basketball shoe.

Or an ornate curling stone.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
The Best Thing about Birdemic is that I saw like 40 copies of the Birdemic DVD for sale at the Best Buy movie section, it was like 15 dollars too. Best Buy is a lovely store with an even shittier movie selection but that was really funny to see.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

I saw this poster in a theatre tonight, I'm just going to leave it here for y'all:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Technically nothing wrong with it but stylistically it's boring.

EDIT: Oh god, just saw "Love in the Butt"

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Apr 29, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

TetsuoTW posted:

I saw this poster in a theatre tonight, I'm just going to leave it here for y'all:

A Goony Movie!