Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chef Bromden
Jun 4, 2009

tiananman posted:

Job Opening(s)
Sent you my resume, only included a quick email with it, but I think I'm a pretty good fit for what you're looking for and would love to talk about the position further.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onta vasa
Oct 15, 2004

Look what I made :drugnerd:
Job Seeker

Education: Graduating Dec 2012 with a BS in International Business Management (Econ Minor)

Experience: Owner and Artist of my own glassblowing business with experience in many aspects of small business, Internships with Disney, JFC Staffing, Richardson's Insurance, The Dillsburg Area Business Association

Looking for: A challenging and dynamic, full time, business (Sales, Marketing, Logistics, Finance) job with advancement opportunity and a preference for lots of travel.

Skills: Microsoft Office Package (including Excel Modeling and Solver) • Quantitative Modeling • Networking • Applying Knowledge • Adaptation • Team Management & Delegation • Working Independently or as part of a Team • Problem Solving • Extensive Experience traveling Domestically and Internationally • Broadcast Media • Glassblowing • Mycology

Contact me at: PM or WilSmedley at gmail

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/william-smedley/3a/3aa/7a1

Resume and References available at request.

Femmefatel
Oct 23, 2004
When I'm good I'm very, very good but when I'm bad I'm better.
Job Seeker

Looking to relocate to the Seattle area.

Experience: I've been a science teacher for 12 years. My areas are Biological and Earth Sciences.

Looking for: Something I can live on that will get me out there. I'm wanting to get out of teaching to be honest. I'm willing to teach for another year or two but I'm open to new ideas.

I'm hoping to get out to the Pacific NW. My husband can't find a job out here (computer programer) so we are hoping one of us gets something out there.

contact me at dmoonen(at)cox.net

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Femmefatel posted:

Job Seeker

Looking to relocate to the Seattle area.

Experience: I've been a science teacher for 12 years. My areas are Biological and Earth Sciences.

Looking for: Something I can live on that will get me out there. I'm wanting to get out of teaching to be honest. I'm willing to teach for another year or two but I'm open to new ideas.

I'm hoping to get out to the Pacific NW. My husband can't find a job out here (computer programer) so we are hoping one of us gets something out there.

contact me at dmoonen(at)cox.net

Hi, fellow Tulsa goon! I'm always willing to help someone else stuck here. :)

I don't have a job for you or for your husband, but you may want to bookmark the SH/SC jobs thread to help with your search for tech jobs!
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3075135

I also see software developer/engineer positions open up on Indeed.com in or around Tulsa all the time.
http://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=software+engineer&l=Tulsa%2C+OK
http://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=software+developer&l=Tulsa%2C+OK
http://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=programmer&l=Tulsa%2C+OK

Super Delegate
Jan 20, 2005

ƃɐlɟ ǝɥʇ
Job Opening
Data Analyst - Fairfield County, CT
SQL reporting (MS SQL Server)
College Degree or 2 years experience required

PM me your resume if you are interested.

Super Delegate fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Apr 28, 2012

Georgik
Jun 20, 2011
Job Seeker

Location: South Central PA (with preference to relocate outside the rust belt)

Education: BS in Accounting

Experience: Approximately five-years managerial, <1 Year in corporate accounting/auditing. 7-years military.

Looking for: Entry-Level Audit position with accounting firm, though any flavor of accounting is acceptable. Desk job, extensive travel or field work outside the vicinity. Willing to relocate.

Not looking for: Any job that will allow me to have free-time aside for the 2 hours a day my overlords allow me to lay comatose in my cubical.

Contact via PM

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Job Seeker

Education: B.S. in Chemical Engineering and B.S. in English from NC State (cum laude), J.D. from UNC, NC Bar licensed

Experience: Mostly internships - 6 months with Wyeth Vaccines, 3 months with a Chapel Hill IP firm, 2.5 years off and on with the NC Department of Agriculture in a legal/regulatory role, 9 months with a law firm doing mostly IP work and some litigation support.

Looking for: Preferably something legal, but I'm willing to do most anything. I've been trying to get some opportunities doing contract/site-startup work with some Clinical Research Organizations to take advantage of my pharma experience. I'm afraid I'm at that point between being overqualified for a lot of jobs and too inexperienced for others.

Email scsaunde at gmail dot com

Mons Hubris fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Apr 28, 2012

ApathyGifted
Aug 30, 2004
Tomorrow?
Job Seeker

Location: preferably near Raleigh, NC, but open to anywhere in the lower 48.

Education: BS Aerospace Engineering from NC State, also a certificate for completion of an Advanced Catia course from ECU.

Experience: 1 year as a manufacturing engineer, working in composite processes and assembly projects. 2.5 years off-and-on aluminum structures design work for local farms to keep my CATIA and SolidWorks skills sharp.

Looking for: Engineering work, I like all of it. I would like to break out of the manufacturing engineer role, but mostly I'm just looking to move out of the middle of nowhere.

e-mail at [redacted]

ApathyGifted fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Nov 3, 2015

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
JOB OPENING

for Android gamer/reviewer/copywriter

Long-term position available for individual able to write knowledgeably and compellingly about the mobile games available on Google Play.

Volume: 3 articles/reviews per week and set up and maintaining a Twitter account to promote your work.

You will need:

An Android device
Flawless writing skills
A passion for mobile games
Existing Twitter account and/or blog
Knowledge of SEO and social media tools

PM me your resume and tell me about your favourite app in 100 words if you are interested.

SlippyFists
Jul 16, 2007

To The Flowers of Time!

Job Seeker

Education: BA in Psychology, and finishing up my AS in Computer Networking and Information Technology

Experience: Unpaid Assistant jobs unrelated to my current IT journey.

Looking For: Something to get my feet wet in the IT industry. I'm trying to learn as I go, and so I'd probably be better suited in some kind of Internship/part time/junior/helper monkey sort of role.

Email: robinfoxin at gmail dot com or just PM me.

MJBuddy
Sep 22, 2008

Now I do not know whether I was then a head coach dreaming I was a Saints fan, or whether I am now a Saints fan, dreaming I am a head coach.
Job Opening

We are looking for a: Senior Network Engineer – Citrix, Microsoft

Location: McLean, VA (Tyson's Corner, Outside of Washington DC)

code:
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS
ˇ         Bachelor's degree in related field from a four-year college or university or equivalent training
ˇ         Minimum 3 years hands-on experience with Citrix
ˇ         Minimum 3 years hands-on experience with Microsoft-based systems
ˇ         Minimum 3 years hands-on experience with VMWARE Vcenter
ˇ         Minimum 3 years experience with Local Area Networks and distributed computing environments
ˇ         Minimum 3 years experience in information technology
ˇ         Minimum 3-5 years experience with application support

JOB SUMMARY
Responsible for assisting in the support of multiple applications, implementing packaged applications, monitoring critical logs, and working directly with users to troubleshoot and support incidents regarding shrink wrap and custom applications and systems issues. Follows-up with users and support staff as needed on requests and problem tickets. Reports and follows-up for service management, including incident management, problem management, and release management. Acts liaison among users, technical support and development teams. Works directly with the technical and development teams to resolve issues. Provides on-call production support and maintenance required for support of all applications.

REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
ˇ         Sufficient knowledge of bank systems, retail and commercial products and services to provide technology support.
ˇ         Strong Citrix Virtual Desktop, VMWARE and Microsoft skill sets as well as the strong understanding of the required controls in a financial environment
ˇ         Familiar with common applications architectures and capable of resolving issues at the client, application server, and database level.
ˇ         Capable of writing simple scripts to automate tasks or implement problem resolution.  Familiarity with the following scripting tools, CMD files, VBScript, Perl, DSQery, DSGet, Python. 
ˇ         Highly familiar with Citrix VDI Solutions - Including XenApp and XenDesktop.
ˇ         Experience Deploying and maintaining XenApp, and XenDesktop using Citrix Provisioning Server Preferred.
ˇ         Citrix Certifications Preferred.
ˇ         Highly familiar with VMWARE Infrastructure solutions - and knowledgeable of the complexities of running a XenApp and XenDesktop solution within a virtual environment. VCP Certification Preferred.
ˇ         Strong Familiarity with Microsoft Server products, including Exchange 2007/2010, MS SQL 2005/2008. MCSE or equivalent experience preferred.
ˇ         Familiarity with Microsoft Product suites including, MS SQL and MS Exchange 2007/2010.
ˇ         Familiar with Microsoft AD concepts, including experience with domain consolidation, and automation of AD tasks via scripting. Experience setting up auto-creation scripts for AD accounts, Exchange Mailboxes, and other critical end-user functions preferred.
ˇ         Strong track record with deploying and supporting Citrix solutions in a banking environment preferred
ˇ         Displays willingness to make decisions. Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
ˇ         The ability to lift up to 50 pounds regularly.
ˇ         24/7 On Call availability.  Ability to schedule off hours activities on short notice.  Available for continual support as needed.
Contact me at mjmelac at gmail

I do not have PM, so that would be a large waste of time.

cstine
Apr 15, 2004

What's in the box?!?
Job Opening

Looking for a couple outside sales people, in various major metro areas, with a preference to Texas Metros (DFW, Houston, Austin, San Antonio) or the LA and San Diego areas in California, although any of the other major metros in the US are on the table - Chicago, Atlanta, Miami, DC, Seattle, blah blah blah.

It's a straight commission sales job for marketing services with a pretty strong monthly recurring commission - you keep getting paid as long as the client keeps paying.

Prefer either software or marketing services sales experience, but this is in no way a strict requirement.

Also, we're planning on starting a secondary product aimed at residential real estate sales as well as residential rentals with a focus on commercially owned properties, so if you've got experience in either of those, we should probably talk as well.

PM here, or email me at cash(dot)stine(at)gmail(dot)com.

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

Job Seeker

Education: Currently pursuing M.A. in Security Policy Studies at George Washington University, expected May 2013. B.A. in Peace War and Defense, German; Minor in Chemistry from UNC-Chapel Hill.

Experience: 3 years in student life departments in higher education, 2 years in service industry, various writing/research internships in the DC area

Looking for: A "foot in the door" in government or contracting or nonprofit work in the DC area. Ideally a job where I'd get to do research/writing/policy and make a difference, but I'd love to just be able to do my part at a place that does good work.

Skills:
- Language: Proficient in oral and written German, Zertifikat Deutsch für den Beruf (Goethe Institut)
- Computer: Microsoft Windows (7, Vista, XP, 2000), Microsoft Office Suite, OpenOffice Suite, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Lightroom, Illustrator), networking, hardware, troubleshooting, internet and social media
- Media: Professional skills in photography, photo editing, and image manipulation; freelance photography projects in advertising, promotional, portraiture, and weddings
- Other: Formal briefing, research and analysis, writing, office administration, event planning, conflict management and resolution, crisis management, mentorship and counseling, customer service

Contact me at: PM, or athuggins[at]gmail[dot]com

bam thwok
Sep 20, 2005
I sure hope I don't get banned

AesirKnight posted:

Job Seeker

Would you be interested in research/consulting for the higher education or healthcare industries (based in DC)?

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

bam thwok posted:

Would you be interested in research/consulting for the higher education or healthcare industries (based in DC)?

Yeah, absolutely. Feel free to PM or email me and let's chat about it.

walrusonthehill
Mar 18, 2008

yes durians

bam thwok posted:

I sent you an email a while back and didn't get a response. Should I send another?

bam thwok
Sep 20, 2005

walrusonthehill posted:

I sent you an email a while back and didn't get a response. Should I send another?

Really? I didn't think I'd left anyone hanging. Sorry! Yes, please do.

walrusonthehill
Mar 18, 2008

yes durians

bam thwok posted:

Done!

Athaboros
Mar 11, 2007

Hundreds and Thousands!

bam thwok posted:

I shot you an email too. Thanks for letting me know about this!

Seyelence
Dec 17, 2007
There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Job Seeker

Education:
-- Graduating Summa Cum Laude (3.93 GPA) in May 2012 with a BS in Cellular/Molecular Biology and a minor in Biblical Studies.
-- Member of Sigma Zeta Honor Society.
-- Received departmental scholarship 2011-2012.
-- Completed degree in 3 years.

Experience:
-- 2 years Administrative Assistant with Medical Transcription/ EHR company.
-- 1 year tutoring through college/freelance.
-- Assistant swimming coach this spring semester for required Sports Kinesiology class through college.
-- 1 year Undergraduate research on Halobacteria. Published Abstract and poster presentation.

Looking for: Anything related to lab/field science work, teaching, or entry level office work. I'm pretty open right now so anything possible throw at me. I've been offered a position as a lab instructor at the college but it's only part-time.

Skills: Microsoft office products, common lab techniques in chemistry/biology, detailed and methodical, very quick learner and I'm told I explain things concisely.

Contact me at: Seyelence(at)gmail.com

Resume/Transcript and References available at request.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.

bam thwok posted:

I shot you an email a couple days back, it doesnt seem like you've received it? Or has the emails been piling up? Email was Subject "Goon seeking Job"

Lockmart Lawndart
Oct 12, 2005
Job Seeker

Education: B.S. Mechanical Engineering, Ohio University.

Experience: Reserve Officer (1 weekend a month 2 weeks a year) in Army Corp of Engineers. Secret level security clearance. Also Interned with U.S. Air Force 60th maintenance group working on several jet engine types.

Looking for: Preferably something aerospace related but would like to do any kind of design or testing work.

Skills:
Engineering: CAD, Solid edge, PRO/e, ALGOR Finite Element software, Cost analysis, Pivot tables, Machine design, thermodynamics, Project Management, Failure modes and effects analysis, Control Systems, Vibrations analysis.

Leadership: Experience leading over 70 Cadets in all kinds of projects. Also did data analysis for grades in Army ROTC.

Contact me at: nr304605 (at) gmail (dot) com

Wereox
May 11, 2011
Job Seeker

Location: DC Metro area (willing to commute a decent ways, of course).

Education: Recent PhD (mathematics), looking to get out of academics and into the business/industry world. Top school, 4.0 GPA.

Qualifications:
  • Excellent writing/editing/speaking skills: I wrote 7 papers while in school and did a huge amount of writing/editing, presented at seminars, and collaborated with a variety of coauthors. I also have volunteer experience giving seminars and mentorship to high school students.
  • Strong analytical/problem solving/critical thinking skills.
  • Quick learner. I've taught myself the basics of several topics without needing supervision.
  • Familiar with various computer tools (Matlab, Maple, Mathematica, SAS, LaTeX).
What I'm looking for: Analyst or similar job in business/industry/government. That said, I'm open to pursuing other opportunities.

Contact: umaro v i at gmail dot com (not the email that would be on my resume, obviously).

bam thwok
Sep 20, 2005

Jet Ready Go posted:

I shot you an email a couple days back, it doesnt seem like you've received it? Or has the emails been piling up? Email was Subject "Goon seeking Job"

Yep, I got it. Sorry haven't replied yet. Super busy week. I'll get back to you later this weekend or early next week.

Same goes for walrus.

Wereox posted:

DC Metro area

Jobs!

Anything there tickle your fancy? We're a healthcare, higher education, and government research/consulting/technology firm. We do everything from clinical to operational to philanthropic research, publish books and white papers, develop analytical tools from massive data sets, design and implement systems for tracking organizational efficiency and quality, and more. Based in DC.

I've posted my email in the thread before if you're interested. Shouldn't be hard to find.

bam thwok fucked around with this message at 18:30 on May 5, 2012

Wereox
May 11, 2011

bam thwok posted:

Anything there tickle your fancy?
Yes, that's exactly the sort of stuff I was looking for, but I'd not heard of you folks. Thanks; I'm reading up more now and I'll drop you an email once I have.

Sofia Coppola_OD_
Nov 1, 2004

Job Seeker

Location: Metro Detroit Area (Willing to relocate for the right position/pay)

Education: English and Film B.A.

Qualifications :
  • Strong writing/editing skills: The majority of my work experience includes writing and editing. I'm comfortable penning a draft off the top of my head and making thousands of small revisions based on outside input if necessary.

• Adaptable: I can be hyper-focused on a single issue until it is resolved, or work on dozens of projects simultaneously depending on what is needed.

• Friendly and sociable: I don't mind talking with strangers or getting friendly with unruly clients. I've done canvassing and a lot of front desk work, so I am comfortable with people.

• Self-managing: I am confident working without a lot of hand-holding and direct guidance. I spent two years working freelance, so I can tackle projects in the office or remotely without a lot of required overhead.

• Comfortable with deadlines: As a writer, this is a rare quality. I almost never need extra time on a project as long as I am given a reasonable frame to work with.

Looking for : Almost anything: Writing, proofreading, editing, reviewing. office work, reception, training, customer relations, HR, consulting, data entry, bug testing, teaching and grading. As long as the pay is livable, I'm interested.

Contact : narcissism@gmail.com for personal correspondence, jacob.andrew.stover@gmail.com for professional correspondence.

Christoph
Mar 3, 2005
Job Seeker

(relocating from Missouri in June) seeking hourly work (but can perform contract work from any location and willing to move anywhere in the US for pay over $30,000)

Education : English BA and Anthropology BA, biology lab experience

Currently looking for : Any job to put food on the table in between paychecks from my freelance contracts and to pay the expenses of moving to the Twin Cities. I'd love a university job, but seriously, if you work at Target or something and can refer me I will take the job and stick with it for years.

Always looking for : Science-related video contracts from private companies, research hospitals and universities. I make 3D videos for research scientists. For example, my most recent video was commissioned by a plant scientist for use in a presentation he made for TED. My other works were commissioned by an AIDS researcher who is presenting my videos at the state congress in order to acquire funding.

Experience and Qualifications :
  • 2 years administrative assistance

• 5 years fine dining

• 3 years retail (box stores, clothing stores and bookstores)

• 1 year > dog care, check cashing, modeling (photo and art) and cell-phone company mega-dangerous tower climbing

• Master of AP Style

• MS Office Suite, Outlook, Cinema 4D

Contact : christop (no space here) hercurtiske (no space here) lley at gmail dot com.

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe
Anyone here work for any technology companies or startups in the NYC area?

I'm a Consultant with 3 years of experience at a Big 4 firm looking for some new opportunities. I've got a wide variety of business and client experiences under my belt. Specifically looking for Operations or Analytics positions, but I'm qualified for just about anything except coding (though I really want to learn and intend to start once I switch jobs).

e: I also have lots of experience with Project Management.

Lowness 72 fucked around with this message at 18:58 on May 10, 2012

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Lowness 72 posted:

I'm a Consultant with 3 years of experience at a Big 4 firm looking for some new opportunities. I've got a wide variety of business and client experiences under my belt. Specifically looking for Operations or Analytics positions, but I'm qualified for just about anything except coding (though I really want to learn and intend to start once I switch jobs).

I've heard good things about working for meetup.com

I don't work there or even know someone who does. Sorry. :)

I don't see Operations or Analytics positions, but here's the list of current job openings: http://www.meetup.com/jobs/

Autistic Speculum
Apr 9, 2009
Job Opening:

Financial Software

http://www.advent.com/about/careers

There are a few positions available in the SF office, but the Associate Operations Engineer is a part of the team I work with. This is a graveyard shift, but the pay and benefits are pretty good. You would be working with 1 other person, and it's pretty relaxed. It would be good for a recent college grad or someone with a few years of experience. Most of the job is checking out scheduled tasks, and making sure they complete successfully, as well as reaching out to clients if there are problems. Some VBscript and SQL is also helpful, but it isn't too extreme.

If the graveyard shift doesn't sound good, one of the daytime shifts will be available in July, I think, but the opening isn't on our site yet.

We use Jobvite for our referral system, so send me an email if you are interested and I can send a link over to you.

Also, if any of the other positions look good, feel free to contact me and I can send a Jobvite link.

johlstrom at gmail.com

Lowness 72
Jul 19, 2006
BUTTS LOL

Jade Ear Joe

ConfusedUs posted:

I've heard good things about working for meetup.com

I don't work there or even know someone who does. Sorry. :)

I don't see Operations or Analytics positions, but here's the list of current job openings: http://www.meetup.com/jobs/

Thanks for the tip. Looks like they have a position I'd be qualified for that sounds pretty interesting. I'll check it out.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

Lowness 72 posted:

This might be a stretch, but I am similarly looking for tech/startup in the NYC area with a need for an electrical hardware engineer.

I have 3 years experience in consumer electronics hardware design for a well-known manufacturer, and am looking to relocate to the NYC area. My current role involves product development planning, electrical schematic design, PCB design, and system integration. I have extensive knowledge of electronic technologies and suppliers as well as consumer electronics trends. My programming experience is limited, but I am typically able to quickly pick up new languages after understanding the syntax.

Sutureself
Sep 23, 2007

Well, here's my answer...
Do you have suggestions for finding startups looking for engineers? I'm mechanical/biomed, but only 1-3 years experience (depending on the details) so I'm having trouble finding small companies and then convincing them that I would rock it and look forward to working 60+ hours a week. I, too, would like to move to NYC or another city!

Edit: wait forget I said the thing that was on this line.

Sutureself fucked around with this message at 00:15 on May 11, 2012

Soopafly
Mar 27, 2009

I have a peanut allergy.
Job Seeker

Location - Oklahoma - willing (and wanting) to relocate, preferably to West coast.

Education - B.S. in Biochemistry

Currently on track for a Ph.D. in the same field, but I'm finding academia is pretty toxic. Will have my escape plan (M.S. in Biochemistry) within a month or so.

Looking for Teaching science / Industry research

I like teaching (see experience) and have been doing research in membrane proteins all through graduate school. I'd be very open to doing either, with no real preference between them.

Experience / Qualifications

-3 semesters teaching Biochemical Methods lab / 1 semester teaching General Chemistry

-2 years of nitty-gritty, benchtop research into membrane proteins

-Great science writing / communication skills

-All your standard computer know-how of Office, Photoshop, and various audio programs, with the added benefit of knowing just enough general computer stuff to be dangerous

Why you should hire me instead of the other ~2,000 science graduates beating down your lab doors

For starters, the obvious - I work hard, I come to work every day with a smile on my face because I like science. I want to pursue an objective, and find the best way to get it done. In terms of day-to-day lab work, I'm organized, clean, and together with my studies.

Communication is key in sciences, especially when working with multi-national labs, and people with varying degrees of English. I have a great interest in language, and have picked up great ways to communicate as well as interpret complex ideas in simple forms.

Contact me!
soopaflysa@gmail.com (no PM, sorry)

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Soopafly posted:

Job Seeker

Location - Oklahoma - willing (and wanting) to relocate, preferably to West coast.

Education - B.S. in Biochemistry

Currently on track for a Ph.D. in the same field, but I'm finding academia is pretty toxic. Will have my escape plan (M.S. in Biochemistry) within a month or so.

Looking for Teaching science / Industry research

I like teaching (see experience) and have been doing research in membrane proteins all through graduate school. I'd be very open to doing either, with no real preference between them.

Experience / Qualifications

-3 semesters teaching Biochemical Methods lab / 1 semester teaching General Chemistry

-2 years of nitty-gritty, benchtop research into membrane proteins

-Great science writing / communication skills

-All your standard computer know-how of Office, Photoshop, and various audio programs, with the added benefit of knowing just enough general computer stuff to be dangerous

Why you should hire me instead of the other ~2,000 science graduates beating down your lab doors

For starters, the obvious - I work hard, I come to work every day with a smile on my face because I like science. I want to pursue an objective, and find the best way to get it done. In terms of day-to-day lab work, I'm organized, clean, and together with my studies.

Communication is key in sciences, especially when working with multi-national labs, and people with varying degrees of English. I have a great interest in language, and have picked up great ways to communicate as well as interpret complex ideas in simple forms.

Contact me!
soopaflysa@gmail.com (no PM, sorry)

My best friend works in the Blacksburg, VA location (I know, wrong coast) for these guys:
http://dna.com/jobs/

If there's a job you'd like available there, I'll see if he's willing to put in a recommendation based upon my recommendation.

flyingfoggy
Jun 3, 2006

My fellow Obamas...

Lowness 72 posted:

I'm in school at the moment, but I've interned at a few and beyond the larger companies this is probably your best resource: http://nytm.org/made-in-nyc

Soopafly
Mar 27, 2009

I have a peanut allergy.
Much appreciated. I don't see anything that I'm both involved with and qualified for, but I'll keep an eye out. And hey, I could deal with VA. or really any state that paid me

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
x

Gin and Juche fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Nov 12, 2019

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.

flyingfoggy posted:

I'm in school at the moment, but I've interned at a few and beyond the larger companies this is probably your best resource: http://nytm.org/made-in-nyc

Showed this site to my girlfriend; she has an interview with one of them on Friday. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bam thwok
Sep 20, 2005
Is there anyone who sent me an email that I haven't replied to yet? Or anyone who hasn't heard from me for a suspicious amount of time?