Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

TetsuoTW posted:

I saw this poster in a theatre tonight, I'm just going to leave it here for y'all:

I'm curious if that movie delivers on its tagline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Apparently the first movie was called "Love In A Puff", and this is the sequel, "Love In The Buff".

Just seems like some engrish ad wizard accidentally put "butt" instead.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

What in the goddamn?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Dissapointed Owl posted:

e: Also, what the hell is this

A pretty lousy type of film we release here in Canada every so often that's basically "Aren't the Maritimes such a kooky place fill with such odd, endearing characters?!", that then gets roundly ignored. (just like the Maritimes, :haw:)

Also, I hate Molly Parker.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Gonz posted:

What in the goddamn?

"More than just a number."
-"Really? What's its name?"
"Otter 501."

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

A pretty lousy type of film we release here in Canada every so often that's basically "Aren't the Maritimes such a kooky place fill with such odd, endearing characters?!", that then gets roundly ignored. (just like the Maritimes, :haw:)

Also, I hate Molly Parker.

How can you hate Deadwood?

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
I ain't did nothin' to 'em
but count this money
and put my team on
got my whole clique stunnin'
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh

Gonz posted:

Apparently the first movie was called "Love In A Puff", and this is the sequel, "Love In The Buff".

Just seems like some engrish ad wizard accidentally put "butt" instead.
I think it's just a poor font choice, compare the last two letters to the lowercase t in "the". They aren't the same, but those f's look really close to t's.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Moe_Rahn posted:

I think it's just a poor font choice, compare the last two letters to the lowercase t in "the". They aren't the same, but those f's look really close to t's.
Exactly. We walked past it and went "Wait, that movie's called 'Love in the Butt'?" It's not the most atrocious work in the thread or anything, but still.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

International poster for Spider-Man. It gives us a much better look at the costume than the other ones, but nothing amazing (har har) about it. He still looks like he just went and rolled around in a vat of lard as well.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 10:20 on Apr 29, 2012

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

That's some perspective. What the hell is he standing on?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Also, the complete set (apparently) of the character posters for Expendables 2. I've put the returning cast members first, with the new bunch of actors added to the series at the end.

echoplex
Mar 5, 2008

Stainless Style
Wouldn't kill them to smile, would it.

Baron Bifford
May 24, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

LtKenFrankenstein posted:

I find most 'posters' in this style pretty stupid and obnoxious, but this one really takes the cake.

Seriously, it's somehow even worse than that Matrix poster with the battery.

I like the idea. Maybe if they change the colors this could work.

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli

Gonz posted:

And people wonder why the NFB gets the moniker of Nature Films about Beavers.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Vagabundo posted:

International poster for Spider-Man. It gives us a much better look at the costume than the other ones, but nothing amazing (har har) about it. He still looks like he just went and rolled around in a vat of lard as well.

I like the spider emblem in the street layout behind him... but yeah, weird perspective.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Hips are overrated.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Hips are overrated.

You're right, he doesn't have any.
If you cut the image off just before the (non)hips it'd look fine.

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe
Maybe it's hard to smile when red rain is falling.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Vagabundo posted:

Jet Li is watching you poop.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

That midsection looks like it smacks of :effort:. Seriously, the web weave on the costume just stops at his chest then goes straight down. I know that vertical lines make you appear taller and skinnier, but come on.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Alhazred posted:

Is it wrong that I once wrote a horror story about the buddies?

And it had that monkey from The Hangover 2 and Community. I guess.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

For the life of me, I cannot figure out Arnold's gun in that poster.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

oldpainless posted:

AA-12 shotgun. Same as Terry Crews.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

oldpainless posted:

I'm not even sure it matters. He just looks so glad to be shooting things again.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Young Freud posted:

AA-12 shotgun. Same as Terry Crews.

What is on the left-side of the barrel?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Has Stallone had more plastic surgery that fixed the trainwreck that is his face, or did they basically use a picture of him from 20 years ago? Dude is looking pretty fresh-faced in that poster. Seems like more than even heavy photoshopping could accomplish considering he was starting to look like some patchwork frankensteins monster.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Has Stallone had more plastic surgery that fixed the trainwreck that is his face, or did they basically use a picture of him from 20 years ago? Dude is looking pretty fresh-faced in that poster. Seems like more than even heavy photoshopping could accomplish considering he was starting to look like some patchwork frankensteins monster.

Don't be fooled, he still looks like a skinned ape.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

It seems like he lost weight or something?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Stare-Out posted:

That's some perspective. What the hell is he standing on?

Out of all the posters where characters are standing at impossible angles, Spider-Man is one character who actually could be.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Lobok posted:

Out of all the posters where characters are standing at impossible angles, Spider-Man is one character who actually could be.

Yeah, I figured it was obvious he was just standing on a building.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Vagabundo posted:

All I can see is the guy with his mouth sewed shut from Hocus Pocus

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Vagabundo posted:

No joke, put that image of Terry Crews on any movie poster, I will see that movie.

Also: Van Damme makes a rad Albert Wesker.

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax

Crowetron posted:

Also: Van Damme makes a rad Albert Wesker.

For those not in the know:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wk3E2wHUvgA

JCVD as Wesker would be an amazing villain for Expendables 2.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

I'm just glad to see Van Damme in a ridiculous 80's style action movie again, even if he's playing the villain.

Demp
Nov 5, 2003

GLORIOUS
I will pay any amount of money for that Terry Crews poster. I don't care if the movie is hot garbage, I want that poster. Maybe the theater I work at will get one in because goddamn.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I can only imagine Crews trying to sing A Thousand Miles while wasting the enemies in that poster.

Uncertain Frog
Jul 28, 2006

What happens if a large asteroid hits Earth? Judging from simulations involving a hammer and a frog, we can assume it will be bad.
I know I'm almost certainly the only one here, but seeing SCHWARZENEGGER plastered onto a new movie brought a huge grin to my face, even if it's technically not his film.

Dr Mantis Toboggan
Feb 22, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Uncertain Frog posted:

I know I'm almost certainly the only one here, but seeing SCHWARZENEGGER plastered onto a new movie brought a huge grin to my face, even if it's technically not his film.

All I have ever wanted to see is Schwarzenegger reprising his role in a sequal to Junior featuring The Muppet Babies. I don't know why your post reminded me of this great personal shame, but it did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Nah, I also have a soft spot for Schwarzenegger, so seeing a poster with him makes me smile. Hello, old friend :unsmith: