Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Power of Pecota posted:

The weird like "OOoooooOOOhhhhh baby" parts he threw in at the end made it for me.

That's his Big Bopper impression.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
Oh my, Mushmouth. I cracked up.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
Gelmania needs to come back, but this is great:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a9afxpJgwY

PushingKingston
Feb 25, 2005

What a BEARtiful face I have found in this place that is circling all round the sun.
A new clip of the CBBTV show is up here: http://www.vulture.com/2012/04/comedy-bang-bang-tv-zach-galifianakis.html

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

PushingKingston posted:

A new clip of the CBBTV show is up here: http://www.vulture.com/2012/04/comedy-bang-bang-tv-zach-galifianakis.html

I'm almost disappointed it has the same name, because this isn't really like the show at all. Either way, I had a few chuckles, but I'm not as prone to Zach as some people may be.

For contrast, I think the first 1:07 of this video is like what I know and love about CBB(and Scott's relation with Bob)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrQeCu4-Dqc

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

PushingKingston posted:

It's insane, Zach's performance taint very funny.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
Its a little weak compared to the last one. I think they probably picked it for ~STAR POWER~ rather than comedy. I still can't wait to see this show.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Al! posted:

It's insane, Zach's performance taint very funny.

I thought it was pretty drat funny. Why exactly wasn't zach funny though?

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend
I thought it was pretty dern funny too.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

I thought it was really funny. We already get CBB the podcast, I don't want just a visual version of it. Taking it further and illustrating the bits more is great to me. Also Reggie makes everything better.

No Ticket
Jul 20, 2007
Only a little bit into today's podcast, but it's pretty drat funny. Patton is the perfect guest on this show.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Chris Tallman sounds like someone had merged Chris Parnell and Jason Sudekis in a lab.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

FINALLY, we get the exhaustive, in-depth Patton Oswalt interview, this is going to be great!

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!

Lamuella posted:

Chris Tallman sounds like someone had merged Chris Parnell and Jason Sudekis in a lab.

I thought it was Neil Flynn at first.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

The 3 of them are a great team, Leslie Schecter is one of my favorite characters.

"I call them my dumb-dumbs and they call me Mr Stop It.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

WoodrowSkillson posted:

The 3 of them are a great team, Leslie Schecter is one of my favorite characters.

"I call them my dumb-dumbs and they call me Mr Stop It.

when Scott brought up Pinocchio I was sure they were going to callback the Chocolate bit. Oh well, still a funny ep and I hope eventually Scott brings in the core members of Superego. The PFT/Superego episode is amazing.

Edit: Hmm, I may have a reason to actually watch the (first part of the) Comedy Awards:

@ScottAukerman posted:

I directed this! RT @HuffPostComedy: 'Between Two Ferns' coming to Comedy Central with guests Tina Fey and Jon Stewart http://huff.to/I5lqpw

It's a 30 minute episode of Between Two Ferns right before the awards show. Hopefully it's just as awkward as the FoD series.

Urk! fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Apr 24, 2012

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
I didn't realize the third anniversary was next week. I can't wait!

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

Does anyone remember hearing a song played during one of the breaks some time ago that was to the tune of One of Us by Joan Osborne, only the lyrics were changed to "What if Todd were one of us?" and it was about Todd Glass? I want to say Aimee Mann did it, and I thought it might have been on one of the Christmas CDs but I'm having a hard time finding those. Also I hope it actually happened and is not just something I hallucinated in some kind of wonderful dream. It was incredibly goofy but sung very earnestly and I loved it.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.

RightClickSaveAs posted:

Does anyone remember hearing a song played during one of the breaks some time ago that was to the tune of One of Us by Joan Osborne, only the lyrics were changed to "What if Todd were one of us?" and it was about Todd Glass? I want to say Aimee Mann did it, and I thought it might have been on one of the Christmas CDs but I'm having a hard time finding those. Also I hope it actually happened and is not just something I hallucinated in some kind of wonderful dream. It was incredibly goofy but sung very earnestly and I loved it.

I remember this too, but I think it was Todd Barry and not Todd Glass though. No idea which episode or album it's from :downs:

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
It sounds sort of familiar, but for some reason I think it may have been a Jukebox Jury submission.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Dont remember the episode but it was Aimee Mann and (I think) Tim Heidecker singing "Todd Barry is an idiot". And it was a song used for a break I'm pretty sure.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

plastered quack posted:

Dont remember the episode but it was Aimee Mann and (I think) Tim Heidecker singing "Todd Barry is an idiot". And it was a song used for a break I'm pretty sure.
Oh poo poo I was off by quite a bit, that's it thanks! http://www.laughspin.com/2011/10/04/listen-to-aimee-mann-sing-todd-barry-is-an-idiot/

She says Todd Barry like 30 times, I don't know why I didn't remember that part. Aimee Mann is awesome.

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
Who does the Werner Herzog, Paul F? Does anyone have a list of the eps he does this in? I feel like a fuckin idiot laughing out loud on the bus but its really hard not to when you hear "I have a followup question" in that German accent every ten seconds.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Yeah, it's PFT. It's a fairly recent character for him, I'm pretty sure he only does him in these two.
e: "these twp"

Mr. Squishy fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Apr 26, 2012

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
You should have sent a text to Scott asking who Werner Herzog is

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
What is Wikipedia just kidding?

Little Blue Couch
Oct 19, 2007

WIRED FOR SOUND
AND
DOWN FOR WHATEVER

Portland human being posted:

Who does the Werner Herzog, Paul F? Does anyone have a list of the eps he does this in? I feel like a fuckin idiot laughing out loud on the bus but its really hard not to when you hear "I have a followup question" in that German accent every ten seconds.

Werner Herzog got like a million times funnier when the "man vs. nature" joke clicked for me, god I love that character.

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
I've recently completed listening to all of CBB, and re-listening to some of these 2012 shows there's definitely an improvement that I can't put my finger on. Some of my favourite characters seem to have disappeared but the shows just hold my attention so much better, there don't seem to be points where it slows down as much.

Also nearly hurt myself laughing at the a cappella singing of wipeout by Scott, and this cowboy poetry.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
The CBB drinking game is taking a shot every time Scott says "uh".

Warning: You will die.

Vibrating Top Hat
Jul 3, 2007

Evil Agita posted:

The CBB drinking game is taking a shot every time Scott says "uh".

Warning: You will die.
Or "You know what I mean?"

No Ticket
Jul 20, 2007

Crankit posted:

I've recently completed listening to all of CBB, and re-listening to some of these 2012 shows there's definitely an improvement that I can't put my finger on. Some of my favourite characters seem to have disappeared but the shows just hold my attention so much better, there don't seem to be points where it slows down as much.

Hot Saucerman has definitely improved his hosting skills over time.

I've been jonesing for another Huell Howser appearance, James Adomian's impression of him is incredible.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
The part of the Huell Howser impression that kills me every single time is how his pitch falls on the latter half of California

Here in BEAUTIFUL Encinatas, California

Past Tense Ragu
Oct 17, 2005

I read the line-up for the latest episode and just started puking everywhere

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

"Are you aware of hobo culture?"
"You mean steampunk?"
:golfclap:

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

SO BUMMED that she took out that awesome riff during Cruel's chorus for the solo performance :(

Bunk Rogers
Mar 14, 2002

"Tapas the mornin' to ja"
"Whhyyyyyy?"

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
drat, what a great episode. The intro is kind of deceptive, though.

"We're the Googoogoogoogoogoodolls"

Urk! fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Apr 30, 2012

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
Annie Clark's "oh!" reactions to Harris' Foam Corner were absolutely adorable.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
"Reggae Tony is my weed dealer" got the biggest laugh out of me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Groucho Marxist posted:

"Reggae Tony is my weed dealer" got the biggest laugh out of me

Harris showing up in the first place made the episode for me. Not that the rest was bad, but Harris is probably my favorite guest after PFT.