Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Free Bryan and Vinny show today. I laughed uproariously at Bryan describing Overeem's situation as though it was an incredibly hokey pro wrestling angle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

All sports, fake and real, are bullshit and dumb. Pretending otherwise only hampers our enjoyment of them.

Hirams Bitch
Oct 24, 2008

You guys are so dumb, it's not King Mo it's Sir Mo. Mabel won KotR you dumbs.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Todd was stunned speechless for a few seconds there. His show becomes great if you watch it like a game of dumb statement chicken.

I am more excited for the upcoming Lance podcast than I am for Backlash.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Arbite posted:

Todd was stunned speechless for a few seconds there. His show becomes great if you watch it like a game of dumb statement chicken.

I am more excited for the upcoming Lance podcast than I am for Backlash.

Do you remember where in the show that happens?

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

MassRayPer posted:

Do you remember where in the show that happens?

First half, I believe.

*edit* Well, Lance's show was certainly subdued.

Arbite fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Apr 27, 2012

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Arbite posted:

*edit* Well, Lance's show was certainly subdued.

Haven't listened to it yet, but I had a feeling he would either be totally enraged or pretty "meh" about the whole thing, no in between. I guess he's just over the whole issue.

I am curious to see what he has to say about Rey though.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
These guys are pretty cool, they are members from The Spoony Experiment forums who decided to make their own show. Much better than Wrestle Wrestle since there isn't that much elitist smarkism

http://blip.tv/darkmatchrasslin

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Dave Meltzer posted:

While Bryan distracted Sheamus, Henry clotheslined Sheamus and Bryan did a super fast thee count. If Nick Patrick would have done a three count that fast in Hogan vs. Sting, well, WCW would have still gone out of business.

Didn't Tim White reinjure himself at Mania 20 counting the pin?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

I don't care that it's low hanging fruit, Bryan and Vinny need to read tweets more often.

Discussion about giving Alex Silva a contract after his tryout match on Impact:

quote:

They can get some retarded #WWE stuff trending but no awesome stuff like #gutcheck and @SilvaUhOh I think Twitter is rigged

#gutcheck if you gave him more time and not make if a jobber he should get on

u should give alex silver a contract , he can inoy get better #gutcheck #dixiecarter

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

We beat Bryan to his review.

http://www.sixdrinksin.com/2012/04/28/bonus-show-sdi-does-wrestling-for-impact-wrestlings-house-show-04-28-12/

Borh
Oct 2, 2005

Disappointment to a noble soul is what cold water is to burning metal; it strengthens, tempers, intensifies, but never destroys it.
Brent lives!

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
That picture is five times funnier with surly Vinny. At least I think that's Vinny.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

It is.

I always pictured Vinny as bigger and with a beard.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

It is.

That's only half of him.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

MassRayPer posted:

That's only half of him.

Well if The Board is to be believed no-one's yet invented a lens big enough to photograph all of Vinny's penis. Also Brent is nowhere near as ugly as I'd been led to believe.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
The empty seats in the background are also funny, if that's the TNA show

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

triplexpac posted:

The empty seats in the background are also funny, if that's the TNA show

It is. I think Bryan retweeted a fan who said that Don West was throwing merchandise into the crowd and threw it in an area with no fans, he didn't have to throw very far to reach it either.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

dshban posted:

Well, again, it's not so much fantasy booking as who we think are the most valuable properties in wrestling. I've heard only super positive things so far from people who listened to it. But fair enough! :)

I wasn't trying to write it off without having listened to it I just know the shows of yours that I tried listening to in the past were like five hours long each time. Are they still that long? That's mainly why I made that comment.

dshban
Jan 31, 2007

REFEREE
im a ghost

Mr. Carlisle posted:

I wasn't trying to write it off without having listened to it I just know the shows of yours that I tried listening to in the past were like five hours long each time. Are they still that long? That's mainly why I made that comment.

Every now and then, yeah, depending on whether there are PPVs to review or whatever. A normal show is about 3:30. I know, it's stupidly long, but some people love having heaps of stuff to listen to during the week (or so they tell us). People who want a more condensed version, understandably, are put off. But we try and read every (non-really dumb) email that we get, because if people are making the effort, we like to say thanks. Of course then the other co-hosts say I hate the listeners when I try to summarise emails like "I watched Raw, it was good, what were your thoughts on Brock Lesnar's return" as if we weren't going to cover that.

The specific Fantasy Draft thing is just under 2 hours long, and people seem to love it, so if people are willing to give us a chance maybe see if that can get you interested in what we have to say week-to-week.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

It is.

No beard, but: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgnkvwJME_0

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Fauxhawk Express posted:

No beard, but: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgnkvwJME_0

Good god...this is the greatest thing I've ever seen.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

njsykora posted:

Good god...this is the greatest thing I've ever seen.

Second greatest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asukXln1rMc

:colbert:

Cactus Jack
Nov 16, 2005

If you even try to throw to my side of the field in a dream, you better wake up and apologize.
Is that asian girl in the Vinny video Bryan's crazy ex?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
I like when Vinnie closes the door and it's just a dark pit of despair.

The Wall
Jan 3, 2012

dshban posted:

Every now and then, yeah, depending on whether there are PPVs to review or whatever. A normal show is about 3:30. I know, it's stupidly long, but some people love having heaps of stuff to listen to during the week (or so they tell us). People who want a more condensed version, understandably, are put off. But we try and read every (non-really dumb) email that we get, because if people are making the effort, we like to say thanks. Of course then the other co-hosts say I hate the listeners when I try to summarise emails like "I watched Raw, it was good, what were your thoughts on Brock Lesnar's return" as if we weren't going to cover that.

The specific Fantasy Draft thing is just under 2 hours long, and people seem to love it, so if people are willing to give us a chance maybe see if that can get you interested in what we have to say week-to-week.

The best part was the wildcards at the end, which had me laughing out loud. I definitely think there's too many e-mails but I need all the podcast I can get to listen to whilst I work so I'm fine with the 5 hour shows.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Cactus Jack posted:

Is that asian girl in the Vinny video Bryan's crazy ex?

No. Bryan was telling stories about HER almost a year before those vids were shot.

This one is my personal favorite from the BATTEL~! buildup: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncgvt-c90aM&feature=plcp

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

I'm F5'ing like crazy hoping that Observer Radio is up before 3 AM.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Fauxhawk Express posted:

No. Bryan was telling stories about HER almost a year before those vids were shot.

This one is my personal favorite from the BATTEL~! buildup: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncgvt-c90aM&feature=plcp

"You boys be careful!" and the ending of the battel itself are the best parts.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

From the front page:

lesnarlosing.jpg

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Just came to post that. So brilliant.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

LividLiquid posted:

Just came to post that. So brilliant.

Hilarious. :haw:

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i thought HER was maria kannellis and bryan's hatred of cm punk started when rovert informed him of their at-the-time relationship status

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

"There are three things in life that are guaranteed. 1) Death, 2) Taxes, 3) WWE will gently caress up every easy story line they're ever given."

That right there is the first line in the Bryan's Death of WWE book should he write it.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Akileese posted:

"There are three things in life that are guaranteed. 1) Death, 2) Taxes, 3) WWE will gently caress up every easy story line they're ever given."

That right there is the first line in the Bryan's Death of WWE book should he write it.
I hope someone brings Vince's claim up next year when they incur more losses and flat out asks him "Do you just don't want to make any more money to fund your next failure?"

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Perigryn posted:

I hope someone brings Vince's claim up next year when they incur more losses and flat out asks him "Do you just don't want to make any more money to fund your next failure?"

If the have shareholders step up and try to make him fix poo poo, he'll just act like a shithead and drive the price into the core of the Earth, then waste his money buying it all back so he can be an even bigger shithead.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

sportsgenius86 posted:

If the have shareholders step up and try to make him fix poo poo, he'll just act like a shithead and drive the price into the core of the Earth, then waste his money buying it all back so he can be an even bigger shithead.
...so basically the whole 'no confidence' storyline from last year is a preview of what's yet to come when they vote him off in favor of Triple H.

Well, if ends with Dunn getting Pedigree'd, I'm all for it.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

The rundown of Brock's insane value and rarity was so depressing.

- The biggest draw in all of MMA and Wrestling
- Former UFC heavyweight champion
- Huge but shockingly athletic
- Knows how to work very good matches

Brock is perfect on paper and they killed him on a B show.

The Best Christmas
May 13, 2011

Is the Observer podcast stuck on buffering for anyone else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

The Best Christmas posted:

Is the Observer podcast stuck on buffering for anyone else?

You need to log in/re-up your subscription;.

• Locked thread