Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

jonathan posted:

What is involved in settings for the need to pit every 15 minutes ?

Drag Tires.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

YF19pilot posted:

Drag Tires.

Seriously.

PopeOnARope
Jul 23, 2007

Hey! Quit touching my junk!

ANAmal.net posted:

Seriously.

Once you get them to 100%, some serious Formula 1 poo poo goes down.

silverbullitt850
Mar 6, 2012

Hey you guys like to troll? I've got some pretty sick trolling skills. Just don't expect me to read anything.

-Colon Cowboy
current standings (Motegi final results included) + "we be racin" [GT: TheCowboyJoe]

code:

Name    	Points	Penalty
TheCowboyJoe	190	20
Boaz McPherson	165	15
whatcubed3	114	
Krautastic	93	15
logue 1 	91	20
sapopeonarope	79	
Force 7 	73	20
xander i crews	71	
speedt3k	66	
aardmania	63	
vertigo 360	53	
kilonum 	39	
Atticus Eisherr	38	15
deathgibs	34	
Fuzzie Murloc	31	5
Cubivore	28	5
crow t macboT	21	
gathering quill	17	
Bag Squad	16	
dukket  	15	
racerx7707	14	5
van330ci	13	
sac4eva 	10	
ropeyrope	7	
Kaddion 	5	
Joey Aces	5	

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
What be the rules for the next race? Also, what is the penalty? Is that HP or points?

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

YF19pilot posted:

Drag Tires.

Seriously ? I thought there was a setting that allowed for increased tire wear. How do the drag tires perform when warm ?

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro

jonathan posted:

Seriously ? I thought there was a setting that allowed for increased tire wear. How do the drag tires perform when warm ?

They're surprisingly not terrible until they're at about 50% wear, then I find that you may as well not have tires on the car at all.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Badned hinted that Turn-10 will start revealing what Porsches are in the expansion pack, starting tomorrow.

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro

I said come in! posted:

Badned hinted that Turn-10 will start revealing what Porsches are in the expansion pack, starting tomorrow.

I bet there's gonna be a 911 and a Boxster in the pack, what do you guys think?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

VERTiG0 posted:

I bet there's gonna be a 911 and a Boxster in the pack, what do you guys think?

No 911's in the pack actually.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
30 different versions of the Cayenne.

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

15 R-class 944's with racing liveries, 10 tuner Cayennes, and 4 914/6's in various states of disrepair.

And a 1949 VW Beetle with Porsche badges hotglued onto it. This is also the one that has the Autovista mode included.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Is the 9FF an official or officially licensed Porsche product with a chance of being in the pack? I mean we can probably upgrade a GT3RS or Carrera GT to that level, but it would be nice to have it done automagically.

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

projecthalaxy posted:

Is the 9FF an official or officially licensed Porsche product with a chance of being in the pack? I mean we can probably upgrade a GT3RS or Carrera GT to that level, but it would be nice to have it done automagically.

Isn't 9FF like RUF?

e: Yes, yes they are

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
I will be incredibly sadface if the 944 or something like the 924 Carrera GT isn't in the pack. However, I'm confident it will be, otherwise Turn 10 would be heavily criticised for releasing "a 911 pack".

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Falken posted:

I will be incredibly sadface if the 944 or something like the 924 Carrera GT isn't in the pack. However, I'm confident it will be, otherwise Turn 10 would be heavily criticised for releasing "a 911 pack".

I'd say the probability of the pack not including a Cayenne is close to zero.

I'm rooting for the 928, aka the Porsche Pacer. Also, Bill Gates better let them sample his 959.

OXBALLS DOT COM fucked around with this message at 03:03 on May 1, 2012

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait

Cream_Filling posted:

I'm rooting for the 928, aka the Porsche Pacer. Also, Bill Gates better let them sample his 959.

The 928 nearly made it into the Jalopnik pack in F3, so I think (hope) it will be in the Porsche pack. The 959 should be there, too. Wasn't it in previous Forzas?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cream_Filling posted:

The rumor seems to be that the 959 is in, and it's Bill Gates.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
30 Panameras.

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait

Cojawfee posted:

30 Panameras.

15 Panameras. 15 Cayennes. Automatics only.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

I said come in! posted:

The rumor seems to be that the 959 is in, and it's Bill Gates.

I used to see a 959 on King George Highway north of the border in BC with Washington plates. It was red and not a fake, as it had it's fuel filler in the rear of the car. I had seen it twice, around 2003 and I was always curious if it was owned by Gates or a friend of his.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Added the points needed for the May DLC pack. :D Can't wait to get this. I've already spent so much money on Forza 4 as is. Remember, I literally bought an Xbox 360 just to play this, and it was worth every cent.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Cream_Filling posted:

I could take or leave the Porsche pack, but if it's got the 928, I'm definitely there.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Hey Cowboy, where can I find these illusive tunes for wednesday's race? I don't think I am the only one who doesn't have a clue what the rules and poo poo are for the race that is two days away, and I would like to get painting and practicing.

I know last week several goons couldn't play, or just barely made the cutoff because noone knew what the rules were as they were posted many pages back, and kind of vague since they were spread out over several posts.

You need to make a main post man, with all of the rules for the particular spec.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Interesting. I just went to Xbox dashboard, hit game details, then went to "extras" and scrolled right. All the May cars are available through that, but I can't see the pack itself, just individual cars. Going to download the free car (2012 Chrysler 300) and see if I can then buy the pack.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

loving hahaha, I just downloaded the free car, and for some reason the game is letting me buy all the DLC cars.

e: Maybe they forgot to take away the season pass code from the pack? :P

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Falken posted:

loving hahaha, I just downloaded the free car, and for some reason the game is letting me buy all the DLC cars.

e: Maybe they forgot to take away the season pass code from the pack? :P

gently caress, I wish I saw this before buying the pack. :P

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

The Smart car's body options actually change the width of the arches too. Front bumper changes the shape of the car up to the hinges of the doors, the rear bumper changes up to the back of the doors.

Austin Healey has the option to add spotlights to the grille, and the usual "remove bumpers" for classic cars. Also, adding the race rollcage adds a rollhoop behind the driver and passenger seats.

The Jeep Rubicon has the option for a winch on the bumper, as well as a loving snorkel for the hood. :3:

The Transit you can change the bodyparts on it to be just like a standard Ford Transit. Albeit a standard ford transit with big chunky tires, alloy wheels, rear wheel drive...

AMC Pacer X has the usual old car upgrade options, just no removal of bumpers. Also, the "forza motorsport" muscle car hood options, which look hilarious.

Lotus Cortina has the usual remove bumpers and classic style forza aero upgrades.

Subaru Legacy gets a Subaru street bumper, gaudy Forza Aero and :siren: Rally spotlights :siren: Time to make some Colin McRae liveries!

Mitsubishi Galant has a quite good looking Mitsubishi aftermarket street aero kit, and the gaudy Forza Aero + Remove rear wing

Hennessey Venom looks like a modern Lotus Elise GT1 with it's aero. Huge rear wing that is shaped nicely for the rear of the car. Should be interesting to see how good it does in racing. Mine is at R2 875. It comes with 1200hp.

Chrysler 300 SRT8 has awful looking street and race aero, the car weighs 4,367lbs and is at PI489. In otherwords, it's useless. Avoid.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

So the trailer was a total tease, the Ford transit van doesn't do the beeping sound when backing up.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

I said come in! posted:

So the trailer was a total tease, the Ford transit van doesn't do the beeping sound when backing up.
False advertising really. I'd be furious if I had paid for the pack. :v:

e: The Transit IS fun as hell to drive, however.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer
What a suprise the hennesey is completely undriveable just like that retarded ssc thing. Everything else is pretty good, the smartcar is a liftoff oversteer machine and is more fun than I thought it would be.

Edit: the transits aero options let you make it look like a bog standard transit lol

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Idiot race posted:

What a suprise the hennesey is completely undriveable just like that retarded ssc thing. Everything else is pretty good, the smartcar is a liftoff oversteer machine and is more fun than I thought it would be.
The Hennessy is fun as hell to drive, and is incredibly stable if you don't act like a dafty with the accelerator pedal. Terrifying, but fun.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Falken posted:

The Hennessy is fun as hell to drive, and is incredibly stable if you don't act like a dafty with the accelerator pedal. Terrifying, but fun.

Its never going to be quick though, if i have to brake with double the distance of most r3 cars and modulate the throttle more than a drat R1998 car. The thing wheelspun upto 5th gear in a straight line for gods sake.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I was going through my garage, after adding the new DLC cars to it, and realized I have a lot of cars I don't even care for. Got my garage list down to 274 now.

TannhauserGate
Nov 25, 2007

by garbage day
Season pass owners: Immediately download the free car to get the pack for free. The Exige costs 900,000 and all the good cars are cheap so it shouldn't be hard to nab what you want. Just hope they don't patch it and ruin the fun.
http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-ca/Product/2012-Chrysler-300-SRT8/fbab6148-75ec-4723-abb1-163b0d4bd2d5?cid=SLink

The Smartcar is an absolute hoot to drive. Understeers when it's not rear-engine-flailing for charging into a corner too hard. I don't have time to play around much, but trying out this one car put a smile on my face. I just wish we had full Amalfi or some sort of 1/2 scale Sidewinder to really make use of it. This car deserves a season's worth of go-kart tracks.

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
Anybody looking to sell a Fanatec wheel on the cheap(ly)? I know some new ones are on their way and I desperately need an upgrade over my Mad Katz garbage.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

juche mane posted:

Anybody looking to sell a Fanatec wheel on the cheap(ly)? I know some new ones are on their way and I desperately need an upgrade over my Mad Katz garbage.
Well, I have my GT2 that I won't need in a week thanks to an upgrade to CSR Elite. Where are you? I'm in the UK.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Went in the game first, it showed the Legacy as free... then it tried to buy it for -1 credits and then claimed I needed like 4 million.

Went to the marketplace, got the 300C for free, and just now drove both the Hennessey (holy poo poo what an undrivable mess) and the Transit (this thing could be fun).

Thanks, Turn10!

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

I'm trying to do the same but it wants like infinity credits for them all for some reason?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
I had the same issue, but lo and behold they were purchasable when in the Buy Cars menu.

• Locked thread