Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DerbyTime!!!
Dec 17, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post
It's there, the first few seconds nobody's saying anything, just tweeting or whatnot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!

DerbyTime!!! posted:

It's there, the first few seconds nobody's saying anything, just tweeting or whatnot.

You're right. And it was fantastic.

GenghisTron
Dec 5, 2005

i dont live to live homie

That was so hilariously awkward and weird. Ari and Joe brought up some good points.

I really need to catch up on Ari's podcast.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
I get no sound for that link no matter where in the video I go to.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Brekelefuw posted:

Same here.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Joe is partially at fault here for allowing Brian to deal withbooking shows and handling money.

Of all people Joe should have known that there was no way Brian, a manchild, could handle editing the jre, producing/hosting all these podcast and booking comedy shows.

Brian obviously feels like he's poured is heart and soul into the 'Deathsquad' label. Joe should let him have it and have the Icehouse deal with the money and booking.

I get the feeling that Brian is highly under appreciated among his group of comedian friends. Maybe there was a bit of coat tail ridingin the beginning, but it's undeniable his network has helped some of these guys. The majority of comedians he's produced for would not be selling nearly as many tickets, although I think you can credit Joe with having these comedians on the JRE initially.

Trussell is known for publicly blasting SXSW for not paying comedians, I think he feels some sort duty to speak out against this type of fuckery. If Trussell accused Brian of stealing from comics publicly on a podcast without knowing all the facts (he was on one icehouse show) that's dumb and un-cool.

All these issues can be easily resolved in one way or another, i.e. hire Brian an assistant (lol) or stop doing icehouse shows.

I feel gross having written that many words about a blubbering broken manchild. Gross.

Google Butt fucked around with this message at 15:57 on May 1, 2012

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

Google Butt posted:

I feel gross having written that many words about a blubbering broken manchild. Gross.
Yeah, if you said all that stuff to Brian he'd respond with "Ok everyone's attacking me!"

I don't know how Ari and Joe didn't fly into a rage last night. The way Redban responds to criticism is just baffling.

Joe: Brian, we need to just sit down and work some of this business out off air. Maybe Icehouse can take over the booking and we'll work out a payment thing for the comics. I totally understand that this can be overwhelming for you. We need to work something out.

Redban: *sigh* Ugh if it makes you happy I'll just give up the deathsquad name and forget about the Icehouse and help comics somewhere else.

Joe and Ari: ..........

Cromulent fucked around with this message at 17:30 on May 1, 2012

goldblums eyes
Jan 11, 2011

yeah, watching the video the only thing i was thinking throughout the whole thing was "it must be so hard for ari to sit there and bite his tongue for 40 minutes while Brian is legitimately trainwrecking"

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS
Redban is highly delusional and overvalues himself to an incredible degree. He now thinks he is just under Rogan, so of course he is doing to act like this. He can't understand why it's bad that he isn't paying comics, for without them there would be no show. He thinks they all owe him.

DerbyTime!!!
Dec 17, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Thinking it's acceptable to not pay people unless they verbally ask you for money is just so strange, too.

Peter North
Apr 23, 2003
redban reminds me of something someone said to Danny from Opie & Anthony one time - "Someday this will be all gone, and then you'll just be Danny Ross"

DerbyTime!!! posted:

Thinking it's acceptable to not pay people unless they verbally ask you for money is just so strange, too.

Hey, he's gotta buy coke habit new studio equipment!!

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

CortezFantastic posted:

He thinks they all owe him.

I thought it was kind of weird how he pays only the people he knows that will appreciate it.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Why do they talk about this kind of stuff publicly? Do they think it'll be interesting for the listeners or are they just super unprofessional and can't help themselves?

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
I think because it is real drama, they know it makes for "good radio," but it also makes them look bad. And that is why it's even more interesting to listeners since it is stuff they really shouldn't be hearing.

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Brekelefuw posted:

That was the problem I was having to, but I went back and tried again and it worked.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
Looks like they edited out the drama from the audio version of podcast.

You can still listen to it on http://www.ustream.tv/joerogan

Bryan Callen today!

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

Well that was a departure from the usual positive-vibe macho peace train that usually is the JRE. Without listening to Duncan discuss his side I can't really say who's in the right or wrong, but jesus, Redban does himself no favors with the way he cannot handle criticism in anyway without becoming a child screaming over everyone and threatening to take his ball home.

Phatzilla
Aug 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
god loving damnit i always miss the trainwrecks. Did they just edit out the audio? I can't hear poo poo. And which podcast was the one where trussell shits on redban?

edit: nevermind audio is back now.

Now im just missing duncan getting into it with redban, can i get the stream? timestamps appreciated as well

edit2: gently caress its hard to listen to brian try to explain his side of the story, it just sounds like loving buzzes and clicks. It's actually pretty hard listening to this guys logic and reasoning, like ari pointed it he just sees arguments as competitions.

edit3: okay after watching that, its probably best if i never even knew of its existence. Listening to redban argue just makes me really angry. It's like literally impossible to get him to accept a valid point if he doesn't agree with it, austim is a bitch

Phatzilla fucked around with this message at 04:19 on May 2, 2012

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Not positive, but I think Brian and Duncan got into the beef at Joe's 4/20 show, not on a podcast.

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Evil Agita posted:

Not positive, but I think Brian and Duncan got into the beef at Joe's 4/20 show, not on a podcast.

They were on some podcast at the time when Duncan called out Redban.

He has since asked the person not to release it and they agreed.

Phatzilla
Aug 4, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Does that mean the podcast was being broadcast live? Maybe some sperglord collector was taping it just in case this sort of thing happens? We need to find this podcast, THE PEOPLE HAVE A RIGHT TO KNOW

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

He picked the wrong person to fight with, who can honestly not adore Duncan? :3:

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

AltronHGX posted:

He picked the wrong person to fight with, who can honestly not adore Duncan? :3:

It's a fight Redban can never win. This week is not good for Brian considering we still have Jay Mohr to poo poo all over him.

antman
Nov 1, 2011
No poo poo, Redban always gets in verbal arguments with professional comedians.
Not to smart.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

CortezFantastic posted:

It's a fight Redban can never win. This week is not good for Brian considering we still have Jay Mohr to poo poo all over him.
Apparently Joe put the kibosh on that. I think it's because he's trying to minimize the drama on the podcast, especially this week. Jay "apologized" about the situation on twitter though.

Cromulent fucked around with this message at 15:31 on May 2, 2012

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

antman posted:

No poo poo, Redban always gets in verbal arguments with professional comedians.
Not to smart.

OH Brian...

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

God that was painful to listen to, Redban is dumber than any 5 year old that has ever existed. He just flat out refuses to be wrong.

Demie
Apr 2, 2004
i have a lower opinon of all parties involved now. they could have had this convo off-air

Birthday Cake
Feb 12, 2008

Tom, this is "Mayor's Fun Money." You can use it anywhere.
Duncan apologized on his latest podcast. He said he lashed out because he was angry and he should have handled the situation off air.

However he also said Bryan was still in he wrong for not paying the acts, even if only $15 for gas and such.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
haha, Icehouse just started and right off the bat Redban dropped a remix of Money and slapped twenties into everybody's hands on camera

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
Looks like the Redban/Trussell thing isn't going away anytime soon. Redban isn't letting anything go.

From Rogan's forum yesterday...

redban posted:

problem is he has no idea what I do, comics were getting paid, while not all of them mostly because they dont care, or they left before I could offer. Tom Segura, Jayson Teeb, little esther, christina pazsitsky, ask any of them if I ever paid them... or how about Burt, who called me up and told me never expected money, nor wanted it. Problem with duncans apology its him lying saying I dont pay comics.. which is false. So he can continue to lie, and play a Buddhist, and call me a friend.. but in reality, hes a little gently caress that I have done a poo poo load of FREE work for, and has no idea how DEATHSQUAD works. He could of asked me, he could of been a friend about it.. but instead hes just continuing to spread lies.

gently caress DUNCAN TRUSSELL, and yes he smokes cigarettes.

bango skank
Jan 15, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What a child. I'm done with the show until he's gone, I can't loving believe this is a 30 something year old man.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe
I think hes closer to 40 than 30 sadly...

Birthday Cake
Feb 12, 2008

Tom, this is "Mayor's Fun Money." You can use it anywhere.
It will be interesting to see where this goes. I can't see Duncan being on the podcast at all now. Joey Karate needs to beat some sense into redban.

Nuja
Jan 29, 2006

Chromatic posted:

Looks like the Redban/Trussell thing isn't going away anytime soon. Redban isn't letting anything go.

From Rogan's forum yesterday...

Christ almighty. He's acting spot on just like an upset, insecure 16-20 year old. I kinda like redban, he gives the show a little bit more of a relatable feel, as Rogan can be hard to(not everyone is an athletic beast who rarely loses his cool) relate with at times. After watching the end of JRE #211 I lost quite a bit of respect for Redban due to his handling of the situation. Dude cannot have a rational conversation without thinking everyone's out to get him, which in turn makes him look even worse.

Its clear Rogan sees deathsquad as the core member's of the group. You can see the bit of animosity about it when its being discussed, and Rogan's vision of it is Joey, Ari, Duncan, Redban, Bert, Eddie, Tom Segura, etc, basically those who were at O&A that day years ago, plus the comics that tour with rogan, its a very cut and dry group.

I believe Redban saw Rogan's vision when Deathsquad the podcast network was originally created, but since Redban was given full control, things went wonky. I'm not a big fan of most of Deathsquad's podcasts; granted, I haven't listened to more than a few shows of each. Of Deathsquad's various podcasts, only the Icehouse Chronicles has that true 'deathsquad' feel. The true deathsquad member's pretty much up and left the network, deciding to go out on their own over the past few years.

What's left is a shell of Rogan/Brian's vision, with a dedicated fanbase, but not what it should be. Rogan had it pegged. Deathsquad the label needs to be remade, and as the unofficial leader of the group, Rogan SHOULD be the one to decide.

I dunno, just my two cents. Redban needs to grow up. There's something amiss behind the scenes if these internet dramas keep popping up, and Brian is going to start burning a lot of bridges. He needs to learn how the gently caress to properly debate!

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
If he never paid Duncan, then Duncan has every right to complain. Everyone should be paid for their work.
I love Duncan too much to ever side with the man-child Redban.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe
Eddie Bravo and Joe are on and... no Brian! Hopefully this goes well and becomes a regular thing.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets

Smeed posted:

Eddie Bravo and Joe are on and... no Brian! Hopefully this goes well and becomes a regular thing.

Hopefully the no Redban thing becomes regular...but not the Eddie Bravo thing.

DerbyTime!!!
Dec 17, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Smeed posted:

I'm interested to see how this goes but I hope Brian's okay. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
Well, Rogan said Trussell is on today.