Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
ONCE YOU POP THE FUN DONT STOP

Combo posted:

If you were going to do a farming train type deal you're better off doing glass quests, with speed and dps you can do all 4 stygia quests in about 15 minutes and its about 900g per person for all 4. So 5.4p per run if you do 6 clients.

Nice. Didn't know about those. Thanks for the tip.

Was probably going to go bard, druid, and a bunch of pbaoe. Would that be effective for those quests? Not sure what they have you do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LoreOfSerpents
Dec 29, 2001

No.

PriNGLeS posted:

Nice. Didn't know about those. Thanks for the tip.

Was probably going to go bard, druid, and a bunch of pbaoe. Would that be effective for those quests? Not sure what they have you do.
For glass quests, you will probably want an Enchanter (full mana) + Bard (high nurture for the heal proc/AF buff) + Druid (buffbot). You could sub in an Animist instead of the Enchanter, but Animists won't be as good at farming other things.

That said, you could also just join someone else's glass group, since the quests give group credit and there is pretty much no reason not to fill groups.

Sorry for not being around! Work finally calmed down a bit, but I bought Xenoblade last week and have been playing that. Please make sure to blame Ora if you see him around. I'll check in tomorrow night if anyone has crafting they need done - just catch me in game. E-mail me the order if you don't want to post your full template!

Finally finishing up that crafting guide within the next few days, too. :)

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

Hey this is Splahterhouse.

Just to let you guys know I am playing on the mid side for a bit with a few other cult people. Guild name is Tasty Treats, my main is Metaslugh.

You guys are super fun and I plan on bouncing back and forth, its just been really slow in Hib and I wanted to try something different.

ggschmitty
Jan 26, 2006
calling all forest friends for a game of touch tail
^ Pretty much that. I only log onto Schepps right now during euro hours and I rarely get to see any culties. :(

AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK
Oh man I wanted to play mid when there was no one on but I didn't know where to look.

e: You guys need to be in the vent so I know where to find you

Aborted
Aug 7, 2007

Boba Fatt

AN ANGRY MOTHER posted:

Oh man I wanted to play mid when there was no one on but I didn't know where to look.

e: You guys need to be in the vent so I know where to find you

We have vent?

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

My brother is trying to get me to play this again already, ugh

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Combo posted:

My brother is trying to get me to play this again already, ugh

Admit it, you never really left anyway.

Ive been so drat busy with work the last 2 weeks that I seem to have missed a mass Hib exodus or something. Not just in the Cult but as a realm in general. Did something happen or are people just doing the normal cycle of boredom of 1 realm and playing in one of the others?

LoreOfSerpents
Dec 29, 2001

No.

Furnaceface posted:

Ive been so drat busy with work the last 2 weeks that I seem to have missed a mass Hib exodus or something. Not just in the Cult but as a realm in general. Did something happen or are people just doing the normal cycle of boredom of 1 realm and playing in one of the others?

Hibs got owned pretty hard for a few weeks in a row. Just the usual cycle of people getting frustrated. :)

I'm updating the list of players if anyone else wants to be added for Midgard/Albion! Also, for you Culties who are playing around in Mid at the moment, would any of you be able to make a class post for Mid classes? We can link to it from the OP like we did with the Hib post.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

Furnaceface posted:

My account is still open but yeah, haven't played other than to log in and pay house rent.

Snaxxor
Jan 18, 2005

cool giraffe with
cool sunglasses
What a bunch of fuckin traitors playing Mid!!!!

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

I got a runemaster I'll bring around 1 time a month. Heh.

nousername
Mar 1, 2005
mainliner
I'm also playing mid at the moment. Characters are Brainmeat & Lashmeat.

Opinionated
May 29, 2002

So that's where you disappeared to, I kept logging in to an empty guild! This is Jeahs. Been busy playing a bunch of different betas and crap, but maybe I'll have to get on my shaman or runemaster on mid sometime!

keeb
Sep 24, 2003
The Shocker
Can anyone help me out with an easily obtainable Spiritmaster template? Daoctemplates is no longer maintained, and vn is crap since the revamp.

I don't mind farming glass, but scales are super annoying because everyone in the group doesn't get the item at the same time, and you get the random gank squad now and then.

Oh and hi Pringles! Do you still have those old TPG rvr videos? I always liked them and wouldn't mind watching them again.

keeb fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Apr 29, 2012

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Where can a guy find other guys to play with right NOW.

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

Right now kaz! You on mid or hib?

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Missed this, piss. Going to pay for another month until Diablo 3 comes out. Would like to get some nice RvR action on either Hib or Mid. But, my Mid toons is templated for like early early SI.

PriNGLeS
Feb 18, 2004
ONCE YOU POP THE FUN DONT STOP

keeb posted:

Can anyone help me out with an easily obtainable Spiritmaster template? Daoctemplates is no longer maintained, and vn is crap since the revamp.

I don't mind farming glass, but scales are super annoying because everyone in the group doesn't get the item at the same time, and you get the random gank squad now and then.

Oh and hi Pringles! Do you still have those old TPG rvr videos? I always liked them and wouldn't mind watching them again.

Oh hey, Keeb! Long time no see. I think I lost your AIM name.

I've looked high and low for those videos, I can't find them. I believe they are lost. I've tried getting in contact with Divon, but can't find him. Only thing I managed to scrounge up was an old screenshot of deathspam from us rolling around DF for a few hours.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

keeb posted:

Here's what I have on my mid casters (I just swapped the gear back and forth between my SM and RM depending on what I wanted to play).

Strength: 0/75
Constitution: 76/75
Dexterity: 107/103
Quickness: 0/75
Intelligence: 0/75
Piety: 102/101
Charisma: 0/75
Empathy: 0/75
Hits: 405/414
Power: 0/33

Body: 26/26
Cold: 32/26
Heat: 26/26
Energy: 27/26+5
Matter: 27/26
Spirit: 36/26
Crush: 27/26+5
Thrust: 27/26
Slash: 26/26

Darkness: 11/11
Summoning: 11/11
Suppression: 11/11

Dexterity: 23/26
Piety: 36/26
Hits: 174/200
Power: 8/50

Armour Factor: 24/50
Power Pool: 37/33
Casting Speed: 11/10
Spell Range: 14/10
Spell Damage: 11/10
Archery Damage: 11/10
Archery Range: 14/10
Archery Speed: 11/10
Resist Pierce: 15/10

Chest (Astral Tunic of Virulence):
Imbue: 26.0
Power Pool: 7
Acuity: 21
Constitution: 21
ALL magic skills: 3
Dexterity (Cap Increase): 8
Casting Speed: 4
Spell Damage: 4
Utility: 43.0
TOA Utility: 70.0
PvE Utility: 0.0

Arms (Crafted):
Imbue: 37.5/32 (Quality: 99)
Slash: 11%
Thrust: 5%
Crush: 11%
Dexterity: 10
Utility: 60.7
TOA Utility: 0.0

Head (Cloth Cap (All ToA)):
Imbue: 19.0
Acuity (Cap Increase): 10
Dexterity (Cap Increase): 10
Hits: 30
Spirit: 3%
Matter: 3%
Energy: 3%
Heat: 3%
Cold: 3%
Body: 3%
Resist Pierce: 5
Utility: 43.5
TOA Utility: 65.0

Legs (Astral Pants of Stellar Warding):
Imbue: 16.5
Dexterity: 21
ALL magic skills: 2
Piety (Cap Increase): 10
Armour Factor: 14
Spell Range: 3
Casting Speed: 4
Utility: 24.0
TOA Utility: 83.0

Hands (Crafted):
Imbue: 35.5/32 (Quality: 99)
Body: 5%
Thrust: 9%
Constitution: 13
Dexterity: 28
Utility: 55.3

Feet (Crafted):
Imbue: 37.0/32 (Quality: 99)
Crush: 5%
Thrust: 7%
Slash: 9%
Hits: 76
Utility: 61.0

Two-Handed (Astral Staff of Swarms):
Imbue: 17.0
ALL magic skills: 2
Hits: 40
Piety (Cap Increase): 11
Power Pool: 10
ALL spell lines (Focus): 50
Spell Damage: 4
Dexterity: 12
Utility: 29.0
TOA Utility: 87.0

Neck (Luminescent Diamond Necklace):
Imbue: 46.5
Constitution: 12
Cold: 6%
Heat: 6%
Matter: 6%
Crush: 6%
Thrust: 6%
Slash: 6%
Hits: 30
Hits (Cap Increase): 35
Acuity: 12
Utility: 95.5
TOA Utility: 8.8

Cloak (astral cloak of the etrenal):
Imbue: 29.0
ALL magic skills: 4
Dexterity: 21
Acuity: 21
Power (Cap Increase): 8
Casting Speed: 3
Spell Damage: 3
Spell Range: 2
Utility: 48.0
TOA Utility: 70.0

Jewel (Erinys Charm (Mid)):
Imbue: 32.0
Constitution: 15
Piety: 15
Energy: 5%
Spirit: 5%
Crush: 5%
Hits: 40
Spell Range: 5
Utility: 60.0
TOA Utility: 50.0

Belt (Soulbinder's Belt):
Imbue: 46.0
Body: 7%
Cold: 7%
Heat: 7%
Energy: 7%
Matter: 7%
Spirit: 7%
Hits: 35
Hits (Cap Increase): 40
Utility: 92.8
TOA Utility: 10.0

Left Ring (Dragontooth Bracelet):
Imbue: 31.0
Dexterity: 15
Cold: 4%
Heat: 4%
Spirit: 4%
Hits: 50
Dexterity (Cap Increase): 5
Acuity (Cap Increase): 5
Hits (Cap Increase): 55
Acuity: 15
Utility: 56.5
TOA Utility: 33.8

Right Ring (Zahur's Ring):
Imbue: 40.0
Body: 6%
Energy: 6%
Matter: 6%
Spirit: 6%
Hits: 60
Utility: 75.0

Left Wrist (Agramon's Demon Soul Crafted Bracer):
Imbue: 36.0
Constitution: 15
Heat: 6%
Energy: 6%
Spirit: 6%
Hits: 44
Hits (Cap Increase): 44
Utility: 69.0
TOA Utility: 11.0

Right Wrist (Bracelet of Zo'arkat):
Imbue: 24.0
Body: 5%
Matter: 5%
Spirit: 5%
Power Pool: 6
Acuity: 18
Spell Range: 4
Utility: 42.0
TOA Utility: 32.0

Mythirian (Drop):
Imbue: 0.0
Dexterity (Cap Increase): 5
Armour Factor: 10
Hits (Cap Increase): 40
Utility: 0.0
TOA Utility: 30.0

The mythirian is just the special armor bonuses. This is probably not cheap but I had a friend that ran ml10 a lot and gave me those items for free.

keeb
Sep 24, 2003
The Shocker
Yeah I saw that temp a while back, it isn't very easily obtainable with those ML10 drops in it. I decided to just use a template from 2006 that is all artifacts and crafted gear. Still caps everything important.

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

The google cache of the VN boards is starting to flush out. Are there any archives of the class boards out there?

AN ANGRY MOTHER
Jan 31, 2008
BLANK
I will not be the Skald that this guild needs. I will be the Skald that this guild deserves. Take that as you will.

Also, should I sell my hib poo poo and xfer the plat over for when I hit 50 to make a template? Or will you guys be flip-flopping.

nousername
Mar 1, 2005
mainliner
Copperhound: check out postcount.net. a lot of the VN vets went over there and they have a good source of templates transferred over. Also thanks for being our skald angry

n10siv
Jun 28, 2007
r00k
Anyone playing Alb? Thinking about dusting off my old classic era toons.

Welp, nevermind... they seem to have hosed up peoples passwords who are just now merging mythic accounts with EA's so my orignal password no longer works aannnddddd you cant reset your game account passwords without the original. Theres also no longer a secret word option for the game accounts, how loving retarded are these people?

n10siv fucked around with this message at 13:06 on May 2, 2012

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

I brag about getting free drinks from my boss to make myself feel superior
Fun Shoe

n10siv posted:

Welp, nevermind... they seem to have hosed up peoples passwords who are just now merging mythic accounts with EA's so my orignal password no longer works aannnddddd you cant reset your game account passwords without the original. Theres also no longer a secret word option for the game accounts, how loving retarded are these people?

If you've signed up with origin for any reason usually that's your password now. I play alb and have been coming back and forth but no one is usually playing on alb :(

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

AN ANGRY MOTHER posted:

I will not be the Skald that this guild needs. I will be the Skald that this guild deserves. Take that as you will.

Also, should I sell my hib poo poo and xfer the plat over for when I hit 50 to make a template? Or will you guys be flip-flopping.

Unless youre a Kobold, youre playing Skald wrong. :colbert:

I think most people will be hopping between realms so its probably not worth selling your stuff. You will need glass anyway for MLs/arts which should give you enough plat to get most of a template up and going.

ButtaKnife
Mar 12, 2007

"I WILL DEVOUR 100 GENERATIONS OF YOUR FAMILY!"

AN ANGRY MOTHER posted:

Noooo! Keep your Hib stuff! :)

nousername posted:

Copperhound: check out postcount.net. a lot of the VN vets went over there and they have a good source of templates transferred over. Also thanks for being our skald angry

Yeah, Postcount.net is the new VN. IGN can go perf themselves.

n10siv posted:

You might have luck contacting EA support about it. If I recall correctly, your secret word is still on your account and support can use that. Mileage varies, of course. Good luck!

n10siv
Jun 28, 2007
r00k
...oh wow... So get this poo poo. I e-mailed EA support about my password problems last night, they told my to contact DAoC support directly (even though on DAoCs own support page is directs you to EA) so I e-mailed them.. They responded saying its EA's account merging crap thats causing the issue, it doesnt matter if my passwords are reset or not...

oh what a fun day..

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

I am keeping my hib stuff. Stuff on mid is quite a bit more expensive but unless you template your first 50 with haloween stuff *cough scoodles* it shouldn't be an issue.

I've done decent starter temps for my shaman and hunter just with the proceeds from glass groups and a bit of help from the guild for bounty point items and some glass so I can phase shift and make people throw keyboards at their screen.

keeb
Sep 24, 2003
The Shocker

n10siv posted:

...oh wow... So get this poo poo. I e-mailed EA support about my password problems last night, they told my to contact DAoC support directly (even though on DAoCs own support page is directs you to EA) so I e-mailed them.. They responded saying its EA's account merging crap thats causing the issue, it doesnt matter if my passwords are reset or not...

oh what a fun day..

If you're not too attached to your account, you could just make a new account and you get 2 free weeks instead. You'll be 50 and templated within a week. Then you get a free week to play and decide if you want to continue or not.

n10siv
Jun 28, 2007
r00k

keeb posted:

If you're not too attached to your account, you could just make a new account and you get 2 free weeks instead. You'll be 50 and templated within a week. Then you get a free week to play and decide if you want to continue or not.

I finally got my account un-hosed after a few angry e-mails. Is there no longer a way to look up guilds/players? Was trying to see if any old friends from alb/guin are still around.

What server should I be transfering to if I want to play with you guys? I thought someone said ywain 6 had a guild house but wasnt sure what the current state of that is.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

n10siv posted:

I finally got my account un-hosed after a few angry e-mails. Is there no longer a way to look up guilds/players? Was trying to see if any old friends from alb/guin are still around.

What server should I be transfering to if I want to play with you guys? I thought someone said ywain 6 had a guild house but wasnt sure what the current state of that is.

The Ywains are linked so it doesn't matter one bit what server you pick, and no you can't really search for people/guilds anymore as the herald doesn't have that information anymore.

Mux
Aug 4, 2010

Combo posted:

The Ywains are linked so it doesn't matter one bit what server you pick, and no you can't really search for people/guilds anymore as the herald doesn't have that information anymore.

The only thing the server you choose makes a difference with is the housing zone, honestly. And yeah, why Mythic thought it was a good idea to get rid of the Herald - arguably one of the most nostalgic parts of the game for vets - is mind boggling.

WHAT IF I WANT TO KNOW MY WEEKLY IRS YOU BIG TURDMONGER!?!

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

I used to read the grab bag weekly for the years that I didn't even play.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

CopperHound posted:

I used to read the grab bag weekly for the years that I didn't even play.

I haven't played on live since 2005-ish and I've kept up with patch notes and Herald miscellany the whole time, just because. Waiting for that huge hilarious patch that breaks everything badly enough for me to want to come back for a bit, lol.

n10siv
Jun 28, 2007
r00k
Well then, I'll be damned if my wizard isn't covered in artifacts and ML10/9 drops. My mind seems to have blocked out farming ToA.

Oh! Double points, my 47 merc is also decked out in arifacts...

Now then, I'll be triple damned if I could actually remember what skills on those classes are worth a drat.

Anyone have suggestions for decent UIs? I'm not even going to pretend to remember the ones I used to use.

Combo
Aug 19, 2003

I don't have a link to it but I was using Bob's UI, the minimal version. It had everything I wanted (including the old spell/skill icons, god the new ones are hideous)

Twlight
Feb 18, 2005

I brag about getting free drinks from my boss to make myself feel superior
Fun Shoe

Combo posted:

I don't have a link to it but I was using Bob's UI, the minimal version. It had everything I wanted (including the old spell/skill icons, god the new ones are hideous)

I've been using ghost UI which is pretty great. I can give you the files if you want I'll just zip up my custom UI directory.

http://teek.info/ghostui/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaiCalico
May 23, 2008

Think i'm done with mid and probably the game for now. Got diablo 3 coming out soon anyway.

Mid had some fun classes but i couldn't find pugs for the life of me in bg's/rvr/labby and the few ml10 raids advertising for shamans straight up ignored me.

Hib seems to have a bit more of a chill community, could have just been my bad luck midside though. Only so many times you can login, spam lfg/region, then go try soloing and get rolled by duo's/high rr's before you give up.

The tasty treats people were cool, but that was about it in my experience.

• Locked thread