Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

burmart
Sep 14, 2002

10,000 Cunts
In honor of the third year of Comedy Bang Bang, here is the definitive list of the best characters on the show.

10) Little Gary
9) Hot Dog
8) El Chupacabra
7) Dame Sir Andrew Lloyd Weber
6) Bob S'Junior
5) Huell Howser
4) Bob Ducca
3) Fourvile
Nose) Melissa Whompler
1)Ice T

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Auritech
May 27, 2004

Blessed be the tailors
The masks are cut to fit

Blessed be the woodworkers
The crosses and the gallows

Blessed be the forgers of iron
And the spikes and the barbwire

Blessed be the stone cutters
It took a quarry to bury the dreams
Every time I hear "Three, Nose, One!" I feel pride because I was responsible for that Would You Rather submission. The joy never goes away.

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

Never before has a list been so instantly and conclusively invalidated by the exclusion of one Boss of Cakes!

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Also, it's Jack S'Junior, not Bob. I'm starting to suspect that no much thought was put into this list.

burmart
Sep 14, 2002

10,000 Cunts

SpacePig posted:

Also, it's Jack S'Junior, not Bob. I'm starting to suspect that no much thought was put into this list.

DAMNIT!

Really, I just made the list as a way of saying I think Marissa Whompler is probably one of the best characters on the show.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I'll be honest, her appearance in the 3 year anniversary show didn't whomp up the jams as much as I was hoping it would.

Can the top ten list have an honourable mention for Jesse Ventura?

Woffle
Jul 23, 2007

burmart posted:

In honor of the third year of Comedy Bang Bang, here is the definitive list of the best characters on the show.

10) Little Gary
9) Hot Dog
8) El Chupacabra
6) Bob S'Junior
5) Huell Howser
4) Bob Ducca
3) Fourvile
Nose) Melissa Whompler
1)Ice T

There's some serious Jon Daly silliness missing here.

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
It's Lil' Gary, you should feel ashamed.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
Are you happy, burmart? Is this what you wanted?

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I give that list mustard.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

I give that list mustard.

I give it shorts. It's almost pants, but it's missing a bit.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!
Ok let's try a new list. I will start us off and we can count them down together:

Number one: Hot Dog
Number Zero: Deceased (eaten) R2-D2 android cake

Mogambo
Jan 6, 2011

:hurr:
This has been a public service announcement to put me on ignore.
Here's my top ten list of worst lists of all time:

1)this one

Think about what you've done you monster.

E.T. NO HOMO
Jan 27, 2007

but you say he's
just a friend
-1) Rocky!

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS
I give all these lists mustard covered pants. I'm off now to throw myself out of a ground floor window twenty times.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.

Fil5000 posted:

I give all these lists mustard covered pants. I'm off now to throw myself out of a ground floor window twenty times.

"It's me! The Irish guy who writes poems! So long!"

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
I'm sorry did I give the impression this is a longer list?

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!

Mogambo posted:

Here's my top ten list of worst lists of all time:

1)this one

Think about what you've done you monster.

Come on back me up here! You dove right into the Oscars thing!

moot the hopple
Apr 26, 2008

dyslexic Bowie clone
Looks like Jessica St. Clair can keep womping it up now that NBC cancelled Best Friends Forever :smith:

Groucho Marxist
Dec 9, 2005

Do you smell what The Mauk is cooking?
Yeesh that's even a short run by NBC standards

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
Anyone see the show? I'd like to think that the talent of the comedians involved translated well, but knowing network tv...

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
It was good, better than most comedies on network TV by a good deal. I'd put it comfortably behind 30 Rock and Parks & Rec but then again it was 4 episodes in, so it's to be expected that it wouldn't instantly be the funniest show on television. Jessica and Lennon were super good together, it's a real shame :(

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
Can #1 just be Andy Daly

of course number nose is the ghost of the R2D2 cake

Alastor_the_Stylish
Jul 25, 2006

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Number 1: Jesse "The Mind" Ventura.

What is MK Ultra?

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ive listened to basically every show and havent laughed harder than I did when Daly was killing his characters.

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES

jimcunningham posted:

Ive listened to basically every show and havent laughed harder than I did when Daly was killing his characters.

The best part of that one was hot dog killing himself.

pork minstral
Apr 27, 2004

Into the Void
Great anniversary episode; was really good to have Nick Kroll back in the fold. I've missed him. I completely lost it on a crowded subway train at "Christopher Hitchens' Marshmallow Spectrally-Projected Grahams" (and Zack's reaction to it.) I think I rewound it and relistened five times.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
I liked that they squeezed in some PFT at the top of the show even though it was disappointing that he couldn't make it for the show-proper.

Also, when the first Foam Corner joke was actually pretty good they should have cut to the theme song and ended it.

Which episode was it that had an abrupt cut to the theme and it was hilarious?

jimcunningham posted:

"Dip didda dip dooooAAAAHHHHHH!"

Ellaybee
Jun 17, 2005

burmart posted:

10) Little Gary
9) Hot Dog
8) El Chupacabra
6) Bob S'Junior
5) Huell Howser
4) Bob Ducca
3) Fourvile
Nose) Melissa Whompler
1)Ice T

Nothing for Daddy? No love for Don Dimelo?

bring out the girls

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

LesterGroans posted:

Which episode was it that had an abrupt cut to the theme and it was hilarious?

The 2011 Holiday Spectacular I believe. I've listened to that episode about 4 times in the past month, I think it's my favorite one ever. It's got Foam Corner, Dame Sir Lord Andrew Lloyd Weber, Bob Ducca, Jessie Ventura, El Chupacabra, Little Gary and an epic five-way rap battle. There's probably more but I'm too busy looking up my iTunes to listen to it again. Also gently caress You Michael Bay.

EDIT: I can't believe I forgot Bill Cosby Bukowski- and Frasier-Boss. That episode had it all.

Lugaloco fucked around with this message at 22:28 on May 2, 2012

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

as much as I love the characters, I think one of my favourite CBB episodes was character-free. Not only did it have David Wain, Ken Marino, and Paul Rudd, but it was the episode that gave birth to freestyle raps:

http://www.earwolf.com/episode/the-plug-in-drug/

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

LesterGroans posted:

I liked that they squeezed in some PFT at the top of the show even though it was disappointing that he couldn't make it for the show-proper.

Top and tail of the show, if you exited out before "the wolf dead". The 3rd year anniversary seemed less raucous then other spectaculars, maybe because the constant guests were a well-mannered musician and Zach "wild laziness" Galifianakis. Still very funny but where was all the screaming?

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Mr. Squishy posted:

Top and tail of the show, if you exited out before "the wolf dead". The 3rd year anniversary seemed less raucous then other spectaculars, maybe because the constant guests were a well-mannered musician and Zach "wild laziness" Galifianakis. Still very funny but where was all the screaming?

poo poo, I totally did skip past the end. And I agree, it was a fairly subdued episode. Still funny, but pretty relaxed.

Lugaloco posted:

The 2011 Holiday Spectacular I believe. I've listened to that episode about 4 times in the past month, I think it's my favorite one ever. It's got Foam Corner, Dame Sir Lord Andrew Lloyd Weber, Bob Ducca, Jessie Ventura, El Chupacabra, Little Gary and an epic five-way rap battle. There's probably more but I'm too busy looking up my iTunes to listen to it again. Also gently caress You Michael Bay.

EDIT: I can't believe I forgot Bill Cosby Bukowski- and Frasier-Boss. That episode had it all.

Thanks a bunch. Now I know which episode I'll be listening on my iPod tonight while laying in bed.

I listened to the Thanksgiving episode with Michael Cera last night and was that the first Foam Corner(or Phone Corner, I should say)? I love them so much, it makes me want to steal Harris's phone.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

LesterGroans posted:

I'm kind of hoping PFT was there for a super-early recording of this coming week's CBB, kind of like Andy Richter did for the last end of year special.

barkingclam
Jun 20, 2007
I finally finished the episode this morning. I really enjoyed it and the holographic Hitchens really pushed it over the top. Did anyone else like St. Vincent's music? I think it's one of the better in-studio performances.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
My musical tastes just don't match up to Scott's at all, so unless its a comedy music act the episodes with live music are my least favorites.
Also, I know Scott pulls him in for the celebrity factor, but Zach Galifianakis is probably my least favorite guest. He always has that phoning it in, doing you a favor attitude. He still has his funny moments but I'd trade them in for basically anyone else.
Of course, this episode had so many other amazing appearances it couldn't be brought down, even with both of these things going on.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

barkingclam posted:

Did anyone else like St. Vincent's music? I think it's one of the better in-studio performances.

I liked it, but unlike a lot of people I actually enjoyed the previous musical guests as well.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Greggy posted:

My musical tastes just don't match up to Scott's at all, so unless its a comedy music act the episodes with live music are my least favorites.
Also, I know Scott pulls him in for the celebrity factor, but Zach Galifianakis is probably my least favorite guest. He always has that phoning it in, doing you a favor attitude. He still has his funny moments but I'd trade them in for basically anyone else.
I agree 1000% on your first point, but disagree with your second. I don't think he's phoning it in, I think that's just how he is in any sort of interview/talk-show type thing, from what I've seen, and I think it's hilarious. I do think he may be a bit more reserved when it comes to saying anything that isn't a joke since the giant Mel Gibson drama, though.

Like, come on Scott. You don't even play full comedy songs anymore and you often interrupt them in the middle for ads (what the gently caress kind of decision is that). Why subject us to boring music. That said I think Scott is a loving insane genius and will listen to whatever he does.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

LesterGroans posted:

I liked it, but unlike a lot of people I actually enjoyed the previous musical guests as well.

Matthew Sweet and Susanna Hoffs covering Cinnamon Girl is one of my favourite musical moments of the last 2 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
Don Dimelo is the best character of all time.