Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

a pilot on fire is not fit to fly
Would someone be kind enough to tell me what Volume the TNA Adrenealine Flushes are up to? :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

http://lawradio.podbean.com/2012/04/30/law-april-29th-2012-w-scott-steiner/

Extreme rules review and an interview with Scott Steiner from the fellas at LAW. Didn't see it posted yet - if it was then whoops.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Space Cob posted:

Would someone be kind enough to tell me what Volume the TNA Adrenealine Flushes are up to? :shobon:

Looks like 52, but that's from the OP and going through the last 3 pages of the compilation thread, so it's possible I missed something.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Was I the only one that actually really enjoyed Bryan and Dave over thinking everything? And Dave going "No, I already said that, you can't say it." Bryan: "I can if I just thought of it!" :)

Space Cob
Jan 24, 2006

a pilot on fire is not fit to fly

Swagger Dagger posted:

Looks like 52, but that's from the OP and going through the last 3 pages of the compilation thread, so it's possible I missed something.

Aaah okay. Thanks :)

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

LordPants posted:

Was I the only one that actually really enjoyed Bryan and Dave over thinking everything? And Dave going "No, I already said that, you can't say it." Bryan: "I can if I just thought of it!" :)

I thought it was funny.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

LordPants posted:

No, Bryan and Dave arguments are pretty much hilarious 90% of the time.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

The rundown of Brock's insane value and rarity was so depressing.

- The biggest draw in all of MMA and Wrestling

Wait, when was he the biggest draw in wrestling? He didn't do poo poo for house shows or PPV during his initial WWE run.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

CombineThresher posted:

Wait, when was he the biggest draw in wrestling? He didn't do poo poo for house shows or PPV during his initial WWE run.

Biggest as in bigger than anyone in MMA or pro wrestling while he was in UFC.

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Lloyd Boner posted:

Biggest as in bigger than anyone in MMA or pro wrestling while he was in UFC.

Oh, okay. That makes sense. Sorry to go all Dwight Schrute there for a second.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Space Cob posted:

December 2007 is the only one you need.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Fauxhawk Express posted:

December 2007 is the only one you need.

That's a good one.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I have up to Volume 47, I'm a bit sad that they're only up to 52 by now.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
The Flushes aren't really that important, you can always just download all the Thursday B&V shows and skip to 33 minutes into the show.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

BRENT KREMEN IS ON THE NEW B&V SHOW!!

That's pretty much all that needs to be said on the matter I believe.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Vinny almost sounded scared at the end of Bryan's rant.

Christ, what a waste.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

It's not just me who thinks Brent sounds like someone who's constantly thinking about suicide right?

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

I was totally thinking "this sounds like a broken man who has totally given up on life"

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

This is going to sound really mean and I don't mean it that way, but Brent is what I imagine having a conversation IRL with Writer Cath is like.

I mean in the rambling sense, not the suicidal sense

Truther Vandross fucked around with this message at 14:16 on May 2, 2012

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

njsykora posted:

It's not just me who thinks Brent sounds like someone who's constantly thinking about suicide right?

Definitely not.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

The interview with Scott Steiner on the LAW this week is pretty good. I'm usually pretty good at reading people and interpreting body language and tone of voice, and I'm starting to think he really doesn't like that Terry Bollea fellow.

http://fightnetwork.com/news/31265:interview-scott-steiner-may-2012/

13stitches
Mar 13, 2012

You were born free, you got fucked out of half of it and you wave a flag celebrating it.
I was really considering skipping this show because I heard as much of the whole Brock situation as I could, but Brent being on the show made it a must download one. Let's all just hope he finds the true love of his life before he turns 40 in a few months, he deserves it!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

njsykora posted:

Luckily for us I think having a "fan base" gives him a little bit of a will to live. So if you love the Kremenal you are keeping a man from just jumping out of his <13th floor apartment and just ending it.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Alvarez's rant about the Lesnar debacle was amazing. One of the best in a long, long time.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Cardboard Box posted:

Alvarez's rant about the Lesnar debacle was amazing. One of the best in a long, long time.
Vinny was probably legit scared of him for a sec there. I wonder what'll happen when Lance is on next time, seeing how his recent commentary about this was a bit more level headed:

Lance Storm posted:

this commentary was to show that most of the people bitching that WWE killed Brock Lesnar by having John Cena beat him at the Extreme Rules PPV last night are narrow minded. Upon posting that I of course was inundated with people saying how they agree with me completely that they thought beating Brock Lesnar made total sense and was absolutely the right move.

These two extreme views (pun intended) are really what inspired this commentary. I've been in the wrestling business for more than 20 years now and if there is one thing I've learned is that there are almost no absolutes. Almost no decision is absolutely 100% clear cut and even bad decisions are almost never uncorrectable

Now let's look at some of the up sides to beating Brock at Extreme Rules. Brock Lesnar is a guy that does not love pro wrestling and in his last run in WWE he beat almost every big Star in the company and then quit. While he did do a job on the way out the program he was in on his way out was with Bill Goldberg who unfortunately was also leaving the company. So Brock essentially beat the entire WWE roster and the only guy who managed to beat him wasn't sticking around either. That has to be at least a small concern when moving forward with Lesnar now. Is it safe to book him undefeated for a long stretch? In a perfect word yes, because it will mean more when he eventually loses, but Pro-Wrestling is seldom if ever a perfect world. I've even heard arguments that he should go undefeated all the way to WrestleMania for the ultimate show down with either Rock or Undertaker. While again that sounds great on paper there are two concerns. 1: Will he make it to WrestleMania without, getting hurt, becoming ill again, or quitting? And 2: Do you want him beating your entire roster for a year to eventually get beat by a guy who much like at Mania XX with Goldberg, isn't sticking around after that match?

http://www.stormwrestling.com/043012.html

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

^^^^ The answer is yes because it is more believable to think WWE will find a unicorn who shits gold than another guy with Brock's qualifications.
You can say he shouldn't be booked like Goldberg until WM29 when a part-timer beats him but you cannot defend having him lose in his first match at a loving B show with a 4 week build.

Does Brent have autism or is he unstable? Both?

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Does Brent have autism or is he unstable? Both?

Just unstable, is my understanding. I don't know exactly what the issue is, however.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Having not listened to B&V yet, is Bryan's rant up there with the gold boat tirade?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Brent Kremen-Voice of reason.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Am I the only one who immediately requested to join Fans and Friends of Brent Kremen on Facebook?

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I loved Dave & Bryan struggling to remember Jeremiah's name for like 3 straight minutes

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

sportsgenius86 posted:

Am I the only one who immediately requested to join Fans and Friends of Brent Kremen on Facebook?

Nope!

Rousimar Pauladeen
Feb 27, 2007

I hate the mods I hate the mods I hate the mods! I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS! Hey wait a minute why do the mods hate me I'm contributing to the conversation I HATE THE MODS I HATE THE MODS I HA

sportsgenius86 posted:

This is going to sound really mean and I don't mean it that way, but Brent is what I imagine having a conversation IRL with Writer Cath is like.

I mean in the rambling sense, not the suicidal sense

You are an rear end in a top hat.

Big Bob Pataki
Jan 23, 2009

The Bob that Refreshes
I love that Brent's voice got deadly serious when he described how he got into the house show

Brent is the best

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Vinny's play by play of the bug hunt is going to be in this years top 50.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Observer posted:

One of the funniest stories that went around concerned when Owen Hart was there, and Strongbow didn’t like some pretty moves that Hart did in the ring and said, that if you were in a street fight, you’d never do that. Hart responded, “No, if I was in a street fight, I’d hop up and down and one leg and do a war dance.”

:iceburn:

Owen. :smith: Strongbow :smith:

I have never seen a Strongbow match in my life, but after reading Brett's book I still felt sad after he died.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Granny referenced my Jewish ladies at pinochle comment on Brent Kremen's Facebook page. I can die happy now.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
I loved the train wreck of the Doo Wop contest. Also hearing the Earthworm Jim song again was great.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

triplexpac posted:

I loved the train wreck of the Doo Wop contest. Also hearing the Earthworm Jim song again was great.

No, Granny, we had people make their own doo wop songs.

... that's not what I thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

Swagger Dagger posted:

No, Granny, we had people make their own doo wop songs.

... that's not what I thought.

"... next time these should be shorter, and have less words" or something like that haha. G

• Locked thread