Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!
So, I tried taking up Bentron's challenge. I'm not good at this...

Otherwise, here's my GTCC car for tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

If you do use the Storefront, post if it's working. It hasn't been tonight.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

I said come in! posted:

Its been working on and off.

TravBot
Oct 10, 2004

If we can hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards Checkmate

I said come in! posted:

I managed to get one thing (the Amtrak Transit livery from Jadebullet :hellyeah: ), but mostly failed.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

I love this little bastard. It's fun to drive, and I've beaten several A class events easily in it.

Force 7
Mar 24, 2012

GentlemanofLeisure posted:

If you're talking about the AUGR Trans-Am spec race, the cars are pre-tuned, and the tunes are available for free on the storefront of GamerTag Krautastic

...aaaaaand I need to read the schedule better. I don't have time to build a car tonight, but pre-made tunes? Done.

burtonos
Aug 17, 2004

...and the angel did say, "go forth, and lay waste to all who oppose you"

YF19pilot posted:

So, I tried taking up Bentron's challenge. I'm not good at this...

Heh, fantastic first try!

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

jonathan posted:

What do I need to do to get a spot during tonights race ? I've got my car, spec tune, race livery, practised road america some and my lap times are 2:30's or so.

Do I sit around and wait for an invite or do I send a message to someone ? Gamertag: JCole

Are you in AUGR? We can shoot out a club invite. 10pm Eastern/9 Central.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Are you in AUGR? We can shoot out a club invite. 10pm Eastern/9 Central.

I'm in augr as JCole

I will be on in about 15 mins, just Browning the meatballs before I put them in the oven.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5

PopeOnARope posted:

Southern Mississauga (Port Credit), whatup?

So far as I know, Vertigo and Rainwave are also Ontarians.

Hamiltonnnnn.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
OK on now if someone could send an invite. Thanks!

00Fresh
Sep 4, 2004

I'm down to race tonight if there is room. GT OOFresh, also in AUGR.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
AUGR Trans-Am Results

Round 1 - Road Atlanta

thecowboyjoe
force 7
krautastic
boaz macpherson
sapopeonarope
jcole
ropeyrope
whatcubed3
matybara
00fresh [dnf - dropped]

Round 2 - Road America

thecowboyjoe
force 7
whatcubed3
boaz macpherson
00fresh
ropeyrope
krautastic
matybara
sapopeonarope
travh88 [dnf - dropped]

Remember, we have an AUGR thread now if yall wanna argue!

GentlemanofLeisure fucked around with this message at 04:29 on May 3, 2012

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I have returned. I don't know how often I will be able to do online racing but will post in the thread from time to time.
EinTier I just tried to chase down your record in the Hennessey and oh my loving god this is the first car I've HAD to turn TCS on and it was on the whole way through 1-2-3 and then I was at a corner. This thing is ridiculous. I'll try beat your time later.

Stubear St. Pierre
Feb 22, 2006

Have specs been posted for the next Big Goon Race? I might as well get really drunk and try one.

Are the Smart and that Ford van as fun as they look? I really don't have any money and the rest of the May pack kinda sucks (woohoo a mid 90s Mitsubishi Galant it's just like that other racing game) but god those two look tempting. Maybe when the Porsche DLC comes out I'll pick them up

Two Finger posted:

EinTier I just tried to chase down your record in the Hennessey and oh my loving god this is the first car I've HAD to turn TCS on and it was on the whole way through 1-2-3 and then I was at a corner

SOMEONE has never driven the SSC Ultimate Aero

CovfefeCatCafe
Apr 11, 2006

A fresh attitude
brewed daily!

I just spent 9.95!! posted:

Are the Smart and that Ford van as fun as they look? I really don't have any money and the rest of the May pack kinda sucks (woohoo a mid 90s Mitsubishi Galant it's just like that other racing game) but god those two look tempting. Maybe when the Porsche DLC

Smart & Transit are fun so far. And you really shouldn't discount that Galant just because GT had it. It's the VR-4 which was Mitsubishi's debut car into modern WRC, and one of the cars to start a new generation of rally cars (like the Scoobie for instance). And it was actually pretty fun last night during GTCC. Until I got collected in the inevitable crash on Iberian and Fujimi.

The only car I don't "get" is the 2012 Chrysler 300, but I understand why it would be included.

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

I just spent 9.95!! posted:

SOMEONE has never driven the SSC Ultimate Aero

I'm convinced that neither the Venom GT or the Ultimate Aero were actually meant to be driven, and exist only to be a middle finger aimed at the Veyron. Trying to use them in any functional manner is a fool's game, they're just there because someone wanted to claim a bigger number than Bugatti.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
Imagine if there was a "lite" Venom with say 700hp or so. That'd be fantastic for R classes.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Real life car talk for a moment; I just bought this; http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ferrari-1972-Ferrari-312-PB-/290706068226?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item43af6e9302#ht_15899wt_881 I think it'll be good for picking up groceries, things like that.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I said come in! posted:

Real life car talk for a moment; I just bought this; http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ferrari-1972-Ferrari-312-PB-/290706068226?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item43af6e9302#ht_15899wt_881 I think it'll be good for picking up groceries, things like that.

My dream is to win the lotto and buy a crazy old race car like this and make it road legal, although I'd probably buy a Porsche 917 just for the sheer absurdity factor.

quackman
Jan 25, 2004
Chapstick

I said come in! posted:

I agree. Massive front trunk on those!

Fortuitous Bumble
Jan 5, 2007

Falken posted:

Imagine if there was a "lite" Venom with say 700hp or so. That'd be fantastic for R classes.

According to Wikipedia the real one can be switched down to 800 hp. They should have just put a restrictor option in the upgrades.

Though most of the non race cars past S class feel undriveable to me. The go-fast parts get way ahead of the stopping and turning bits.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Had a blast in the Trans Am race last night. I saved the replay and might post up a few pics.

Started mid pack in the grid, made it through the first turn without incident on Road Atlanta. Through the S run I collided with another car, and spun out and went into the grass. Had to reverse and then spin through the grass to get out.

Went from last place and worked my way up to 7th during the next few laps. At lap 12 or so my tires were 60% worn so I pitted, and came back out in 9th place. Everyone else was on worn tires so I caught up to the rear pack and made it to 6th place by lap 15 out of 18.

Caught up to 5th place on lap 17, and tried for a pass on the exit of the chicane on the last straight on the uphill. Ended up over steering and lost some speed so 5th place was able to hold out until the finish.

Running on tires that wear out is fun. Having to choose between a pit delay or risk running on poo poo tires is a good thing.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Fortuitous Bumble posted:

According to Wikipedia the real one can be switched down to 800 hp. They should have just put a restrictor option in the upgrades.

Though most of the non race cars past S class feel undriveable to me. The go-fast parts get way ahead of the stopping and turning bits.

All the cars should have restrictors or something. If there is a lower trim of the car, I'd like to be able to make that. I'm frustrated that in order to drive my car I have to do a 45% power restriction on an M3 but that still isn't the same since the I6 revs to 7000 and the V8 revs to 10000 apparently.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

To improve flexibility, I'd think restrictors should be available for every single car in the game.

For maximum option capacity, take it out of the upgrade section and make it a slider in the tuning screens.

For comedy options, make it a host option in race configuration.

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Charming, friendly, and possessed by demons.
Approach with caution.

Two Finger posted:

I have returned. I don't know how often I will be able to do online racing but will post in the thread from time to time.
EinTier I just tried to chase down your record in the Hennessey and oh my loving god this is the first car I've HAD to turn TCS on and it was on the whole way through 1-2-3 and then I was at a corner. This thing is ridiculous. I'll try beat your time later.

Shouldn't be hard to beat. I did two laps, couldn't even get a clean lap with TCS on and finally said, "gently caress this poo poo".

I'm sure that car is madhouse crazy fun to drive in real life, but in the game it's just an impossible shitheap.

hitze
Aug 28, 2007
Give me a dollar. No, the twenty. This is gonna blow your mind...

It's been a hilariously long time since I've played Forza 4. THEY FINALLY ADDED AN E34 :D

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

einTier posted:

Shouldn't be hard to beat. I did two laps, couldn't even get a clean lap with TCS on and finally said, "gently caress this poo poo".

I'm sure that car is madhouse crazy fun to drive in real life, but in the game it's just an impossible shitheap.

I'm sure it's an impossible shitheap in real life, too.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Scirocco Griffon posted:

I'm convinced that neither the Venom GT or the Ultimate Aero were actually meant to be driven, and exist only to be a middle finger aimed at the Veyron. Trying to use them in any functional manner is a fool's game, they're just there because someone wanted to claim a bigger number than Bugatti.

Its silly. The veyron is a 1000hp car with a warranty and OEM level of build quality. The venom is a car that some tuner bought, fabricated some engine mounts, modified the engine bay and put in a big engine with lots of boost almost all of which is parts by other companies. As a finished project I guess its neat, but I don't see it being any different than a John Carmack Ferarri.

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

jonathan posted:

Its silly. The veyron is a 1000hp car with a warranty and OEM level of build quality. The venom is a car that some tuner bought, fabricated some engine mounts, modified the engine bay and put in a big engine with lots of boost almost all of which is parts by other companies. As a finished project I guess its neat, but I don't see it being any different than a John Carmack Ferarri.

That's the main difference, right there. Both have four digit horsepower, hit 250+ mph and cost a million bucks, but the Veyron was designed around actually being used as transportation and not only as a grab at the record books. In my opinion that makes the Veyron much more desirable and memorable.

The race to build a production car that can reach 300 mph is interesting, but when the cars it produces are completely useless except for that one specific goal, then they're still just going to end up being footnotes attached to the Veyron.

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Charming, friendly, and possessed by demons.
Approach with caution.
I'm just trying to figure out how you get an Elise chassis to behave that poorly.

I guess lengthen it, throw a bunch of weight in the rear, along with a motor that's two sizes too large and that'll just about do it.

I wonder if I can just build a 1000 hp Elise in game. It would surely run rings around this piece of poo poo.

Otis Reddit
Nov 14, 2006
How do you detune cars/set power handicaps?

ForbiddenWonder
Feb 15, 2003

holy crap those trans am cars were the most difficult things i've ever driven. probably not the best event to drop in on cold for the first time. was fun though, i'm looking forward to next week.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ForbiddenWonder posted:

holy crap those trans am cars were the most difficult things i've ever driven. probably not the best event to drop in on cold for the first time. was fun though, i'm looking forward to next week.

The cars handle fine, but they had drag tires on them which:

Introduces tire wear
Mimicks how old bias ply race tires really behaved back then.

Rickets
Jul 21, 2006

Them's my dancin' knees!

jonathan posted:

Introduces tire wear

Oh god does it ever

backifran
Mar 22, 2009

I love BYOB
Drove plenty of ford transit minibuses in my last job of different shapes and sizes, and although it's fun to have one on forza it can in no way re-create how terrifying it is to drive them quickly round corners. The bodyroll is insane on the tall bodied ones, then again I guess they weren't designed to be driven the way I did. Never had so much fun working there as when a maltese driver and I had a race back to the yard in two absolutely hosed rusty old 1995 transits!

The R.A.C paintjob someone made is perfect for trolling pub games, wait for the leaders to do their first lap then start braking infront of them offering roadside assistance, bahahhahaha

backifran fucked around with this message at 22:04 on May 3, 2012

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?
UK goons might like this

backifran
Mar 22, 2009

I love BYOB

GutBomb posted:

UK goons might like this

Just found this one, gotta find this or a similar one:

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice

backifran posted:

The R.A.C paintjob someone made is perfect for trolling pub games, wait for the leaders to do their first lap then start braking infront of them offering roadside assistance, bahahhahaha

drat, that's so evil, I'm gonna have to try it out tonight. :twisted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
Someone should paint a Transit up like a house.

• Locked thread