Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Borh
Oct 2, 2005

Disappointment to a noble soul is what cold water is to burning metal; it strengthens, tempers, intensifies, but never destroys it.

Big Bob Pataki posted:

Brent is the best

There is a man sharing this Earth with you right now, who literally borrowed money from a bank to buy a ticket to a TNA house show. Think about that for a second.

Just think about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Borh posted:

There is a man sharing this Earth with you right now, who literally borrowed money from a bank to buy a ticket to a TNA house show. Think about that for a second.

Just think about it.

He bought a ticket to HALF a TNA house show, by the time he got in

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

triplexpac posted:

He bought a ticket to HALF a TNA house show, by the time he got in

More like 1/3

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Are the Observers or Figure Four newsletters available via Kindle? I'm probably about to resub, and Kindle compatibility would be great news.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

If you're on THE BOARD Alan just started his new tourney:

TLM
Mar 3, 2009

triplexpac posted:

I loved the train wreck of the Doo Wop contest. Also hearing the Earthworm Jim song again was great.

I thought that was where it was from! That dude should've won.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

HulkaMatt posted:

If you're on THE BOARD Alan just started his new tourney:

gonna end punk vs bryan. there i saved you 3 months

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

BAN DICKEYE posted:

I dunno I got a good feeling about nicole matthews

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

BAN DICKEYE posted:

Are you implying that something on The Board is a complete waste of time? Jesus that would be a first.

Also Dave tax rage on the new Observer Radio, was not expecting that.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

BAN DICKEYE posted:

Sekimoto gonna win.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

BAN DICKEYE posted:

Punk isn't reaching the finals on that side. It'll be Generico or Tozawa. Bryan I think will probably make it but Sekimoto might beat him.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
It's an western board where the majority of people will vote for what they've been most exposed to, it's going to be Punk Vs Bryan.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

Gonzo McFee posted:

It's an western board where the majority of people will vote for what they've been most exposed to, it's going to be Punk Vs Bryan.

Alan4L's board is not the main board.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
We should all sign up and ensure Archibald Peck wins.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Lone Rogue posted:

We should all sign up and ensure Archibald Peck wins.

Lets make it happen, people.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009

CVagts posted:

Are the Observers or Figure Four newsletters available via Kindle? I'm probably about to resub, and Kindle compatibility would be great news.

Answering my own question, I do remember that Figure Fours at least are available in PDFs, which you can put onto the Kindle. Also a quick Google search showed that certain Figure Fours (from 2010) are on Amazon for 99 cents. So they're probably not available via Kindle explicitly.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Gonzo McFee posted:

Lets make it happen, people.

ROH TV or Tim and Eric Awesome Show Great Job?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

RandolphCarter posted:

ROH TV or Tim and Eric Awesome Show Great Job?

Aqua Steen Hunger Force.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

njsykora posted:

Are you implying that something on The Board is a complete waste of time? Jesus that would be a first.

Also Dave tax rage on the new Observer Radio, was not expecting that.
Dave is ****19/20

I'm surprised the youtube partnership has "helped a lot".

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Two things on the board that are awesome are Dave's posts, and that guy who reviews the old Wrestling games.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you
Sometimes it can be a bummer to hear Dave & Bryan explain something so simple about a WWE storyline.

For example the most recent episode, talking about Cena vs Ace. "This storyline would make sense if the announcers put over how Cena is seriously hurt after his match with Brock, so Johnny challenging him now makes sense. They probably won't do this though"

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Does anyone remember what Dave said a month ago about Triple H's proposed role in the Invasion storyline?

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Arbite posted:

Does anyone remember what Dave said a month ago about Triple H's proposed role in the Invasion storyline?
Not sure what he said a month ago but Triple H would have been conflicted about his loyalties to WWE and siding with The Alliance because Stephanie's in charge of it.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

triplexpac posted:

Sometimes it can be a bummer to hear Dave & Bryan explain something so simple about a WWE storyline.

For example the most recent episode, talking about Cena vs Ace. "This storyline would make sense if the announcers put over how Cena is seriously hurt after his match with Brock, so Johnny challenging him now makes sense. They probably won't do this though"
Why did Jerry Lawler have a beat the clock match?!

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Can I just say, watching MSW (Bill Watts' MSW, not the Stro's) is like watching a whole different sport. Some weirdo world where things make sense.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Why did Jerry Lawler have a beat the clock match?!

"Bryan needs to win. Who do we have that can tap out in under four minutes that hasn't already wrestled?"

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

LordPants posted:

Can I just say, watching MSW (Bill Watts' MSW, not the Stro's) is like watching a whole different sport. Some weirdo world where things make sense.

Up until the last four words this would be true for current day Mountain State too

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Bruno tomorrow! :toot:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

HulkaMatt posted:

Bruno tomorrow! :toot:

Bruno is the best. Pity he didn't keep doing WWF Announcing, he's awesome.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
What better time to re-up than to get a new Bruno show. :toot:

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

From this week's old observer (march '95):

"Jake Roberts, 39, has announced his retirement from wrestling and canceled all his upcoming indie dates claiming he's going into religion."

Poor Jake.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT

Swagger Dagger posted:

From this week's old observer (march '95):

"Jake Roberts, 39, has announced his retirement from wrestling and canceled all his upcoming indie dates claiming he's going into religion."

Poor Jake.
He still had another WWF run after that didn't he?

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Jack Krauser posted:

He still had another WWF run after that didn't he?
He definitely worked KOTR 96 so yes.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Yeah, and his religious thing basically led to that famous Austin promo.

the_Vandal
Feb 7, 2004

You make me wanna cry
You make me wanna die
I love you, I love you, I love you,
I love you, I love you
Night Man
He also had that terrible feud with Lawler, where Lawler busted a whiskey bottle filled with actual whiskey(I think I remember reading this, the fact that it was actual alcohol) over his head while he was trying to stay sober. This may, or may not have been after Lawler's Goldust feud where he called Goldust a fag. Lawler was in some pretty bad feuds in the mid 90s now that I think about it.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

I'm assuming the strap match is non-title so Flair can interfere and Vader can touch all four corners. At least that makes sense, but Hogan doing the job makes sense for WCW business on several occasions but not necessarily for Hogan business which is the top priority.

Oh Dave. :smug:

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

That sounds like the greatest episode of Tuesday Night Titans in the history of the world. I don't have classics on demand but I need to see Ivan Putsi, Vince McMahon and a god drat sausage tree. Followed by Vince getting overly excited as Lord Alfred Hayes attempts to bite the sausage.

Akileese fucked around with this message at 17:38 on May 9, 2012

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Meltzer posted:

--C.M. Punk threw out the first pitch last night at the Cubs game at Wrigley Field before the game with the Atlanta Braves last night and sang "Take Me Out to the Ballgame" during the seventh inning. ESPN.com noted that he could sing that song without having to read the words like it was an accomplishment. I'd be disappointed in almost anyone except Bryan Alvarez that grew up in the U.S. who couldn't sing that song without having to read the words.

:laugh:

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Dave has the best sense of humor.

For reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrryTEM5wBw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TLM
Mar 3, 2009
That song they ended B&V on is one of my favorite songs they have.

"The Bacon Bazooker" and "Chubby Conquistador, The" are the best names for a penis ever and I don't care how immature it is.

• Locked thread