Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Falken posted:

The 944 is not powered by a VW engine like the 924 was, and it was built in an Audi factory. Plus, it actually has the engine in the correct place.

Haha well drat that sounds amazing. No car collection would be complete without it. Also the Spruce Goose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

Falken posted:

Plus, it actually has the engine in the correct place.
In the engine bay?

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

Falken posted:

The 944 is not powered by a VW engine like the 924 was, and it was built in an Audi factory. Plus, it actually has the engine in the correct place.

behind the driver? :v:

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

jonathan posted:

Haha well drat that sounds amazing. No car collection would be complete without it. Also the Spruce Goose.
The 944 is a very good driver's car, but hey if you want to have the engine right at the very back, then by all means I suppose!

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Falken posted:

The 944 is a very good driver's car, but hey if you want to have the engine right at the very back, then by all means I suppose!

My daily driver is a Kenworth with 3 engines. My opinion might be slightly skewed.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

jonathan posted:

The 944 Turbo is a thousand times better of a car than any 911 could ever hope to be, as is the 928, 968 and 924 Carrera GT. HTH.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Idiot race posted:

behind the driver? :v:

Behind the driver is okay. Behind the rear axle, not so much. Unless you really get a kick out of being murdered by your car if you ever lose the back end.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

xzzy posted:

Behind the driver is okay. Behind the rear axle, not so much. Unless you really get a kick out of being murdered by your car if you ever lose the back end.

Well I did mean directly behind the driver.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Idiot race posted:

Oh, I thought we were talking about Porsche. :haw:

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
The 944 is a great car. Almost 50/50 weight distribution, a perfect drivers' car.

Going to be a great pack, hope they put in some Nordschleife rivals events and force all of you anti-Porsche rubbishists to drive a 911.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Is it just me or is the McLaren F1 a really lovely car to actually race? It just slides around and flies out of control every single turn no matter what.

Day Man
Jul 30, 2007

Champion of the Sun!

Master of karate and friendship...
for everyone!

Vivec posted:

Is it just me or is the McLaren F1 a really lovely car to actually race? It just slides around and flies out of control every single turn no matter what.

I like it. It isn't friendly, though.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
The McLaren F1 has a high PI due to it's power output and top speed. Don't even bother adding any horsepower if you do tune it. Concentrate on tires and weight reduction. I think it's a really good S class car, along with its GT counterpart for R3, and the racecar is a drat downforce monster.

VERTiG0
Jul 11, 2001

go move over bro

Cannot Find Server posted:

The 944 Turbo is a thousand times better of a car than any 911 could ever hope to be, as is the 928, 968 and 924 Carrera GT. HTH.

You are on drugs, clearly.

Mac Tonight
Mar 12, 2006

aw yeah tahts it man
Has anyone created Goon Bus 2.0 with the van?

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Idiot race posted:

The Cayman is a very good car that is deliberately stunted so that it's not "better" than the 911, stats wise. Isn't the new 911 almost an MR car?

Keket
Apr 18, 2009

Mhmm

JingleBells posted:

A Porsche!

1995 Porsche 911 GT2

gently caress, why am i out of the country for 3 months, im leaving on the day they release it too :(

Dirty Needles
Jul 3, 2008
I've just picked this game up, I'm a bit late to the party. Would be good to get some races with decent folk, are there any spaces left in SAEG?

Scatterfold
Nov 4, 2008

Dirty Needles posted:

I've just picked this game up, I'm a bit late to the party. Would be good to get some races with decent folk, are there any spaces left in SAEG?

yeah for sure; what's your GT? i'll send one across this eve

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Dirty Needles posted:

Would be good to get some races with decent folk, are there any spaces left in SAEG?

This guy knows what's up :coal:

Speaking of new members, anybody know who Popeadactyl or skapid are? Got a couple of pending requests from the two of them.

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

Of course, that can backfire... some men like their bitches crazy.

VERTiG0 posted:

You are on drugs, clearly.

The best drugs :colbert: 944 rules padre and I won't be convinced of anything otherwise.

God I can't wait, I'll happily shell out for this pack, theres gonna be alot of great cars added I'm certain. I'll finally be able to remake my old lemons-style 944 and ratty old 911.

I don't understand people on twitface getting so bent out of shape about it. Its not like they had the Porsche DLC ready to go before the game was out and are now making bonus profit from it. Lets ignore all the testing and QA that microsoft will have them do before its certified and all the costs associated with that PLUS any additional tweaks/changes made, I want it for free wah wah.

I will say though, its a shame theres not a better system in place for free updates. And by that I mean things like more regular patchs and bugfixes. It would be nice if they had a system that worked for DLC tracks too. Something like being able to get the pack for free so you can do any rivals mode/online races, but if you want it to be selectable by yourself or show up in season/event list then you would have to buy it? I dunno. I'd imagine the total cost of getting an entire new track in the game far surpasses car pack DLC, maybe even to the point of it simply not being worth it?

Oh and the healey? Its great fun, its so tiny! Really makes me wish T10 would hurry up and put the Mini in the game, hmm?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
It would be nice if you could just download a track pack for free and if it pops up in a multiplayer race, you can drive on it. But it's not available to choose on your own in single player or your own lobby

Dirty Needles
Jul 3, 2008

Jarf posted:

This guy knows what's up :coal:

Speaking of new members, anybody know who Popeadactyl or skapid are? Got a couple of pending requests from the two of them.

skapid is me!

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

:siren: Porsche 959!! :siren:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

JingleBells posted:

:siren: Porsche 959!! :siren:

YES!

Best Porsche.

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

Maker Of Shoes posted:

YES!

Best Porsche.

Bet it won't have this under aero options though :sigh:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Maker Of Shoes posted:

YES!

Best Porsche.
But still inferior to the F40. :getin:

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!
The 959 was designed for Group B. Why would it be compared to an F40?

This is someone's cue to post a rally F40

Jarf
Jun 25, 2006

PLATINUM

Maker Of Shoes posted:

There was a Pajero made up to look like an F40 in the 1989 Paris-Dakar rally apparently.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

JingleBells posted:

Bet it won't have this under aero options though :sigh:

Given the crazy aero options they've given us on other cars, I bet they do.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Because in the supercar world, it seems like all that people care about is top speed. Porsche and Ferrari had spent 10-15 years exchanging the "fastest car in the world" title and the 959/F40 battle was kind of a bookend to the fight. 959 was a tech marvel that topped out at 198 MPH or so like that, and the F40 was a stripped down chassis-with-wheels that got up to 202.

They came out at roughly the same time, and people have been arguing which one was better ever since. I assume a large part of it comes down to the "tech vs man" debate too, the cars were polar opposites in that regard.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Well, quoting Wiki:

quote:

Origin

As early as 1984, the Maranello factory had begun development of an evolution model of the 288 GTO intended to compete against the Porsche 959 in FIA Group B.[citation needed] However, when the FIA brought an end to the Group B category for the 1986 season, Enzo was left with five 288 GTO Evoluzione development cars, and no series in which to campaign them. Enzo's desire to leave a legacy in his final supercar allowed the Evoluzione program to be further developed to produce a car exclusively for road use.

So the F40 was a street-only spinoff of a homologation version of what was supposed to be a Group B car competing against the 959.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

wolrah posted:

Well, quoting Wiki:

So the F40 was a street-only spinoff of a homologation version of what was supposed to be a Group B car competing against the 959.

The 80's :allears:

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Okay, so just making sure my tally is correct. We currently have 3 Porches revealed. A 959, an older 911 and a newer 911 with multiple paint schemes and body kits.

I am gonna buy it, but wake me up when we get to some non 911 cars besides the 959. (959 is boss by the way.) I want my 944 style cars, as well as a 914. Maybe some really old Porches.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

To be fair, the older 911 is an aircooled model, and the two newer 911s are different generations and specs (one is a 997 GT3 Cup car, the other is a 996 GT3 street car).

And let's be honest, any Porsche pack is going to be heavily 911-laden because that's the majority of the models they've made.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

IOwnCalculus posted:

To be fair, the older 911 is an aircooled model

WHO loving CARES WHAT TYPE OF loving COOLING IT HAS

I wish they added no air-cooled 911's because gently caress that lovely car and gently caress its even shittier fanbase.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I wish they added no air-cooled 911's because gently caress that lovely car and gently caress its even shittier fanbase.

:stare:

Do you wanna talk about it?

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

You're a horrible person. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

God drat that's cut throat, but I mean he is right; what does it matter if a car is air-cooled or not in Forza? No one gives a poo poo.

• Locked thread