Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Remember that one time you totally botched that snap?

Toussaint Louverture posted:

Clearly Bane would be the Seatle Lynchhawks.

Lynch wouldn't really fit in with Bane's MO.

Maybe Anthony Hargrove.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piggles
Oct 10, 2006

Wilson with the Hail Mary to Tate!
Went over to my friend's house and she had gotten a free Lynch away game day jersey, wasn't really impressed with it at all and it just seemed rather cheap all around.

EDIT: It did fit really well. She's a 5'5" 120# girl and it was a youth medium but still, it fit much better than most jerseys I have seen from Reebok.
EDIT2: Nikeshops has a sizing chart comparing to Reebok, they're smaller all around.

Piggles fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Apr 29, 2012

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
unless she's a youth it didn't actually fit really well

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!
Well I got my Nike jersey in and it's definitely better than the $100 Reeboks were. That's not saying a lot since they kind of sucked, but its an improvement.
Here are some pictures.

On the actual jersey this is made up of seperate cuts of fabric. It's really the cheapest element of the whole thing.

Pliable plastic NFL logo. I'm not sure why they didn't just use a fabric patch like Reebok.

Like I said, compared to Reebok's bottom end jerseys, they're pretty high quality. The material is thick and doesnt feel super cheap. My biggest gripe is that EVERYTHING is screen printed on to the thing. Literally nothing is patched or dyed on. From a distance they look fine, but up close you can definitely tell it's the baby version.

Verdict: Spring for that mid-range or better if you're buying one. If we hadn't gotten these for $50 I might be less pleased than I am.

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

How's the size compared to the Reebok jerseys? Smaller, bigger, same?

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Schwack posted:

Like I said, compared to Reebok's bottom end jerseys, they're pretty high quality. The material is thick and doesnt feel super cheap. My biggest gripe is that EVERYTHING is screen printed on to the thing. Literally nothing is patched or dyed on. From a distance they look fine, but up close you can definitely tell it's the baby version.

Verdict: Spring for that mid-range or better if you're buying one. If we hadn't gotten these for $50 I might be less pleased than I am.

At first I hated these but having seen these pictures I think I need one. They don't go full retard like Oregon, whose stuff I can't stand, but they're different enough to stand out as part of an era (like all the wacky 90s jerseys I have).

I'm with you on the Limited jersey. I saw some on display at the Nike store in Boston (they were only selling the $100 ones, these were just on mannequins)and it felt like a big upgrade for $35. Material felt stronger, numbers and letters and stuff looked better (even though it was still printing on top of a sewn patch).

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Is it me or does this knock-off Nike Elite not look quite right? At all?

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Chimeric posted:

Those are some ugly patches to be sure

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.

Chimeric posted:

Still haven't got my refund from that website, just to let you know.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

squarerandom posted:

Still haven't got my refund from that website, just to let you know.

Hmm, how did they say they were going to refund it? I ordered four jerseys a few months back and they emailed me to say that three of them were out of stock (naturally they don't tell you this until you've already paid them) and would I like to switch those three for a different set? When I said I'd rather have my money back they offered to refund via paypal but I asked them to refund directly to my credit card if possible. Had my refund in three or four days. I've ordered from those guys a few times and I really haven't had any problem with the quality of the merchandise or refunds. Mostly I'm just mad because they never ever have any Angerer jerseys yet they taunt me by listing them on their site :argh:

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

MissileWaster posted:

How's the size compared to the Reebok jerseys? Smaller, bigger, same?

They're slightly smaller than the Reeboks, mostly in the arms and the fat gut section. If you've got a giant belly, go bigger on the sizing.

Yinzer
Mar 24, 2008

Don't be fooled into replying, I am either a lesson in Poe's Law or incredibly fucking stupid, or both. Also I can't read charts and graphs and think image macros about Paul Ryan's genius are fun and exciting! Run me over with Biden's Trans-Am!
Now that just makes me more interested in how good the Elite jerseys are now. I'm going to have to make a few phone calls locally to see if anyone has it yet.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Yinzer posted:

Now that just makes me more interested in how good the Elite jerseys are now. I'm going to have to make a few phone calls locally to see if anyone has it yet.

I don think they're coming until later in the summer.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Chimeric posted:

Anyone know if the draft day jerseys were Elites (but with printed numbers/names)? Cause you could compare the fabric lines with this I guess:
http://www.wsbtv.com/ap/ap/top-news/no-1-pick-andrew-luck-ready-to-start-over-in-indy/pSMBX/

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Chimeric posted:

Hmm, how did they say they were going to refund it? I ordered four jerseys a few months back and they emailed me to say that three of them were out of stock (naturally they don't tell you this until you've already paid them) and would I like to switch those three for a different set? When I said I'd rather have my money back they offered to refund via paypal but I asked them to refund directly to my credit card if possible. Had my refund in three or four days. I've ordered from those guys a few times and I really haven't had any problem with the quality of the merchandise or refunds. Mostly I'm just mad because they never ever have any Angerer jerseys yet they taunt me by listing them on their site :argh:

Yeah it was paypal, I'll email em back to send it to my card

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Tomorrow we get to see if Nike did a better job on the Skins 80th anniversary throwbacks than the Steelers ones. Hoping something might leak today

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Chimeric posted:

Its got the wrong # on it and it doesn't say "Manning". Other than that, it looks fine.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
HAha oh god the new Redskins uniforms are awful, we look like FSU colors without a spear or anything on the helmet, pewter gold aghhhh

will post pics as soon as some are available.

e:

Just awful

NattyBo fucked around with this message at 22:55 on May 10, 2012

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton
The 70th Anniversary jersey kills this one.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Here are some high res versions, the 30's version of the logo on the shoulders is cool I guess, but I feel like we look way too FSU/BC/49ersish. I guess this is closer to how we looked in the 30s tho (thumbnailed the first two since they're huge)

Yinzer
Mar 24, 2008

Don't be fooled into replying, I am either a lesson in Poe's Law or incredibly fucking stupid, or both. Also I can't read charts and graphs and think image macros about Paul Ryan's genius are fun and exciting! Run me over with Biden's Trans-Am!
The 15 Most Unique Features of Nike's new NFL jerseys

quote:

Philadelphia Eagles — each Eagles jersey contains a swatch of fabric from the uniforms of the 2004 men’s basketball Olympic “Dream Team” featuring Stephon Marbury and Allen Iverson.

New York Jets — the Jets’ batch of uniforms contains no No. 6 Mark Sanchez jersey.

New Orleans Saints — the Saints’ uniform pants include an external pocket that can be used to fit cash earned during games for knockouts.

Seattle Seahawks — Seahawks jerseys do not have player names on the back to spare Seahawks players from being identified while dressing that ridiculously in public.

Detroit Lions — Lions uniforms are designed to start out strong and then fall apart as the season goes on.

Pittsburgh Steelers — all Steelers jerseys contain a magnetic strip containing their credit card and bank information that allows Roger Goodell to fine them on the field with a single swipe.

Dallas Cowboys — the Cowboys uniforms feature the thinnest, most lightweight fabric ever made, as the team doesn’t need a uniform that provides warmth in January.

Washington Redskins — Washington’s jerseys contain high-tech fibers that redirect the sun’s rays directly at Mike Shanahan’s face.

Baltimore Ravens — featuring a state-of-the-art, moisture-wicking fabric, the Ravens new uniforms can be completely dry just 60 seconds after getting doused with Gatorade or champagne following a regular season victory.

Denver Broncos — all new Broncos jerseys contain a flared neck that is really more like a mock turtleneck. Or maybe even a neck brace. Actually, it’s just a neck brace. A big, orange neck brace. The rest of the uniform is exactly the same as it was before.

San Diego Chargers — the team’s new helmets are designed without earholes in order to help Chargers players ignore everything Norv Turner says.

Cleveland Browns — the Browns’ new helmets catch player tears and convert them into a sports drink.

Indianapolis Colts — Colts jerseys are now just white t-shirts with Andrew Luck’s face airbrushed on the front.

Jacksonville Jaguars — Nike forgot to make Jaguars uniforms. The Jaguars are just getting sweatpants and some numbered pinnies.

New England Patriots — All Patriots uniforms were made in Nike sweatshops by child laborers. Because Bill Belichick thought that would be hilarious.
http://www.sportspickle.com/article/12125/the-15-most-unique-features-of-the-new-nike-nfl-uniforms

drat that is funny, especially the Ravens one.

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.
Okay, the leatherized helmet to go along witht he uniform is sweet

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I assume those are throwbacks and not full-time?

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

NattyBo posted:

Okay, the leatherized helmet to go along witht he uniform is sweet

Please give these to Green Bay

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

nerve posted:

Please give these to Green Bay

I think their vintage uniforms would be a lot better for it, definitely. Those helmets are pretty sweet

NattyBo
Sep 20, 2004

Football Team.

kidcoelacanth posted:

Yes these are 80th anniversary "alternates" to be used only twice this season, according to Bruce Allen.

Even better shot of the leatherized helmet, you can tell they went balls to the wall on the textures for HD sets:

And this is what the jerseys were based on:

NattyBo fucked around with this message at 00:54 on May 11, 2012

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
I really like those uniforms, and yeah, the Packers needed to get those helmets yesterday.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

God drat those helmets look fantastic.

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

Declan MacManus posted:

I think their vintage uniforms would be a lot better for it, definitely. Those helmets are pretty sweet

Problem is Green Bay is no longer using their 1929 throwbacks. (that most hated, but I kind of liked)

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

ShimSham posted:

Problem is Green Bay is no longer using their 1929 throwbacks. (that most hated, but I kind of liked)

They can still use them next year if they decide to, which they better dammit! Those jerseys are awesome and would definitely look better with those helmets.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

NattyBo posted:

And this is what the jerseys were based on:

good to see Steve Buscemi wasn't always an actor.

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.

Chichevache posted:

good to see Steve Buscemi wasn't always an actor.

YOU"RE OUT OF YOUR ELEMENT, CLIFF!

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

They remind me of the jerseys from The Program.

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

The Dallas Cowboys Pro Shops have the gameday and Elite jerseys, they're actually pretty slick. But yeah, the gameday ones seem to be effectively pointless once the middle tier comes out.

I talked to the person working, she said they should be getting other players like Murray and Lee in July, for now they have Witten, Romo, Austin, Bryant, and Ware.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

MissileWaster posted:

The Dallas Cowboys Pro Shops have the gameday and Elite jerseys, they're actually pretty slick. But yeah, the gameday ones seem to be effectively pointless once the middle tier comes out.

I talked to the person working, she said they should be getting other players like Murray and Lee in July, for now they have Witten, Romo, Austin, Bryant, and Ware.

Did they say the Lee/Murray jerseys are going to be in shop only or online as well? I need A Lee jersey for the cowboys/chargers preseason game at least drat't

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

kidcoelacanth posted:

New concussion-proof helmets! The extra leather padding helps keep noggins from gettin' all jostled around.

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

squarerandom posted:

Did they say the Lee/Murray jerseys are going to be in shop only or online as well? I need A Lee jersey for the cowboys/chargers preseason game at least drat't

I'm sure it'll be online and in store. Online has the gameday jerseys for Murray already, but the shop doesn't, so yeah. E: To clarify, I just asked when the shop would get them and she said July, but I think that's when the Limited jerseys come out so it'll pretty much coincide with that. I only asked about Murray, she's the one that mentioned Sean Lee jerseys so take that as you will.

You should be able to get a Lee before the preseason though, but if you're dead set on buying online I'd recommend you at least go into the shop to check what size you'll need, they're different enough from the Reeboks that you'll just want to be sure.

Fanzz at the same mall I was at had jerseys for all teams, but other than Cowboys the rest of them looked like they were just the gameday jerseys. Hopefully they get the Limiteds for non-Cowboys, it's only like 30 bucks more but seems like the quality will be a lot better. Gonna get one of those for Sam Bradford eventually, but for now I'm probably gonna save my money for an Elite Murray like I had mentioned before.

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.
http://espncleveland.com/common/more.php?m=49&action=blog&r=17&post_id=1096

Browns going back to brown home jerseys, way better than the all whites.

I'm always bummed come "throwback season" when I realize the Browns are always in throwbacks.

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

MonsterWalk posted:

I'm always bummed come "throwback season" when I realize the Browns are always in throwbacks.

Much like the "post season" when the Browns are always in "off season"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShimSham
May 25, 2007

I heard you
like how I sack.

Pops Mgee posted:

They can still use them next year if they decide to, which they better dammit! Those jerseys are awesome and would definitely look better with those helmets.

Last word is that they have decided not to use them next year.

• Locked thread