Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Bruce Willis looks like he's a Jagged Alliance 2 profile picture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Lee Byung-hun makes every film better.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Gaze into the abyss:

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Young Freud posted:

Bruce Willis looks like he's a Jagged Alliance 2 profile picture.

He just looks like Seaman to me.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Liar posted:

This poster is very subtle about the role the females will play...

I know sexualizing women is nothing new, but I just find it funny that every guy is pictured up to his shoulders, but her tits are not only in focus, but swollen out like her back is arched while wearing the tightest, most form fittingest shirt they could manage.

First off, yeah, I don't think the designers of that poster understand how the female body is built. Second thing...isn't Channing Tatum in this movie? That's the second major poster I've seen without him in it.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

thrawn527 posted:

First off, yeah, I don't think the designers of that poster understand how the female body is built. Second thing...isn't Channing Tatum in this movie? That's the second major poster I've seen without him in it.

He's in it, but it doesn't look like he's a main character. In fact, it looks like he gets killed off early(or at least taken out of commission)

\/\/\/\/I haven't seen any previews that show him post-attack

LesterGroans fucked around with this message at 19:17 on May 10, 2012

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

LesterGroans posted:

He's in it, but it doesn't look like he's a main character. In fact, it looks like he gets killed off early(or at least taken out of commission)

I know there's an early attack that takes out most of the Joes, but in the preview he survived that attack. Oh well, it's not exactly a loss.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Wasn't one of the Wayans Bros the other star? I guess he's out too?

^Oh.

VV I'm not bothered by it.

oldpainless fucked around with this message at 19:25 on May 10, 2012

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

oldpainless posted:

Wasn't one of the Wayans Bros the other star? I guess he's out too?

^Oh.

Sorry, should I spoiler that? I don't know anything major that's been leaked, that's just what I'm gathering from the trailer.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Yea im speculating that the Wayans bro (Marlon btw) is dead.

As someone who didnt watch the cartoon and was dragged to the first movie and not paid attention can someone tell me why the dude who was the bad ninja appears to be alive and on the good side now?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

the_american_dream posted:

Yea im speculating that the Wayans bro (Marlon btw) is dead.

As someone who didnt watch the cartoon and was dragged to the first movie and not paid attention can someone tell me why the dude who was the bad ninja appears to be alive and on the good side now?
Spoilers maybe I guess?

The good ninja is still good, thats Snake-Eyes. I think the bad ninja, Storm-Shadow is on that poster too.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

thrawn527 posted:

Sorry, should I spoiler that? I don't know anything major that's been leaked, that's just what I'm gathering from the trailer.

I don't think Marlon Wayans or any of the first film's cast beside Channing Tatum, Ray Park, Lee Byung-hun and Jonathan Pryce were even going to be in the second movie. So, I don't think it matters.

Also, now thinking about it, I'm a bit disappointed that Willis didn't don a receding-hairpiece, a fake beard, and scar since he's playing the first Joe.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Mondo Toy Story went up around noon today, of course sold out right away. Tomorrow is Dark Shadows.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

That poster does not suit that's film lurid colour scheme in the slightest.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

All I can see if Johnny Depp standing on a rock formation that looks suspiciously like a lion's head. Like the head of a Voltron action figure.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Vintersorg posted:

Mondo Toy Story went up around noon today, of course sold out right away. Tomorrow is Dark Shadows.

This is what it would look like if Tim Burton had played it serious and people would hate it even more.

eminkey2003
Oct 11, 2009

Vintersorg posted:

I think that's a reference to this painting:

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

oldpainless posted:

Paul Rudd just kinda annoys me now everytime i see him on a poster. There's no real reason for this, he just does ya know?

I think it's all that wasted potential. He could've been so much more!

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Noxville posted:

That poster does not suit that film ... in the slightest.

Fixed to summarize Mondo in its entirety.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

PriorMarcus posted:

I dunno, they have some good ones. Most aren't spectacular, but every once in a while they come out with a real cracker. (I adore their There Will Be Blood poster)

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

PriorMarcus posted:

:colbert:

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Doflamingo posted:

I think it's all that wasted potential. He could've been so much more!

Than what? A guy making bank with the easiest job in the world?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

LesterGroans posted:

He gets shot and appears to die, but during the end credits there's a voice over saying he's in a coma and is recovering.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Alhazred posted:

Gaze into the abyss:

This is one of those times where standard definition is more than enough.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

If your bathroom smells on a constant basis, you're doing something wrong.

I don't want to continue this derail, but I feel a need to defend myself. I'm talking about when two people use the bathroom at the same time, one showering and one using the toilet. The enclosed toilet space prevents overlapping odors. Thank you goodnight

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!

scary ghost dog posted:

I don't want to continue this derail, but I feel a need to defend myself. I'm talking about when two people use the bathroom at the same time, one showering and one using the toilet. The enclosed toilet space prevents overlapping odors. Thank you goodnight

OK thanks, I've updated my "people I hate and why" list accordingly.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Holy hell, the blu-ray cover for The Artist is so awful.

Actually, it's not awful. It's just painfully average, and nowhere near as good compared to the other posters. I don't understand why they couldn't have just gone with this:

Anomalies
Mar 1, 2010

Robert Denby posted:

I know Tyler Perry movies are low-hanging fruit at this point, but my God this poster is hideous.

The best part is how the exact same shot of Lower Manhattan that's used as the background is reflected in her sunglasses, and again on Levy's sunglasses!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

That The Artist cover just had to get the dog on there, huh? I think he's actually more well-known than the lead actors by now.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!
That poster for The Artist is infinitely better than that blu-ray cover. Wouldn't it have been cheaper just to stick it on the the blu ray instead of paying some graphic design dropout to photoshop something so generic?

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
I'd take any of those covers over the Special Edition Movie Tin Version.

It's the size of a disc.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Dissapointed Owl posted:

It's the size of a disc.

That reminds me of when I was planning on buying the special-edition of Tron: Legacy/Tron on blu-ray, that came in a disc:

And then I saw this video and realized it was tiny and you literally had to take the discs out one by one to get to them.

Some marketing decisions, I swear to god.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Dissapointed Owl posted:

It's the size of a disc.

This picture makes it look like a pill.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

The MSJ posted:

That The Artist cover just had to get the dog on there, huh? I think he's actually more well-known than the lead actors by now.

When I saw it, the audience laughed every time the dog was on screen, even if it wasn't doing anything funny. People are stupid, and a cute animal is a really easy sell.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Cpt. Spring Types posted:

When I saw it, the audience laughed every time the dog was on screen, even if it wasn't doing anything funny. People are stupid, and a cute animal is a really easy sell.

If you didn't love that dog you are a soulless automaton.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

I think it's been mentioned here how bad the Minority Report Blu-Ray cover is but man I saw it in-store today and it looks even worse in real life.

I don't think Tom Cruise is such poison now that they want to make him look not like Tom Cruise so I don't know what the hell happened here.

Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006
Fully aware of the shameless pimping, but all the mondo talk encourages me to inform you that I'm making custom movie posters over on SA Mart, and you should check them out and let me know what you think!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Noxville posted:

I think it's been mentioned here how bad the Minority Report Blu-Ray cover is but man I saw it in-store today and it looks even worse in real life.

:psyboom:

This is an Asylum-quality poster. How in the gently caress did that get approved for a Spielberg movie?!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Noxville posted:

I don't think Tom Cruise is such poison now that they want to make him look not like Tom Cruise so I don't know what the hell happened here.

This doesn't even make it look like he's doing anything cool, but screwing up the L-for-loser to his forehead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

kiimo posted:

If you didn't love that dog you are a soulless automaton.

Sure, I liked the dog, but not enough that I'd feature it on the blu-ray cover.