Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Mikael Kreoss posted:

The best way to grief yourself is to play League of Legends

Decided to solo queue LoL, had a pubbie that would not shut up about how good he was and Typing Like This Everything In Caps. So I decide to follow him the entire game and lasthit/snipe all of his minions, buffs, and kills.

He managed to piss off the other 3 pubbies and we ran away (they also helped in denying him every single thing) when he got mobbed by the enemy. Hope he enjoyed that abandon.

(also yes the game is awful but a good time waster)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug

Lprsti99 posted:

My first EVE scam: http://pastebin.com/HNu3Cu1b

Why is this so easy?

So, another guy in the corp picked this dude up, and.... well, I'll let his post speak for itself:

quote:

Okay this guy sent me an EVEmail about half an hour ago. The first quote was him contacting me. Not seen are the 6 other mails he sent me where he asked what a full API was, what the CSPA Charge was, and other poo poo I Didn't Read. You got namedropped in his mail though, OP. Good on you.

The second quote is a conversation I opened with him when I got tired of playing EVEMail tag. It paid to confront him a little bit when he tried to weasel out of the deposit from the get-go. I also had a response to his question about why the wiki says "If you paid ISK to join you are poo poo out of luck".

quote:

Re: Re: Re: Re: forum
Sent: 2012.05.12 03:02
To: Ramrod MeatMissile,

well i already gave a guy Sevarend Mortalis 500mil isk.. and it got me no where.

--------------------------------
Re: Re: Re: forum
Sent: 2012.05.12 03:01
To: Kolak Yeva,

Yes that's what I needed. Now as your sponsor I'm on the hook for you if you gently caress up, and we need to be sure that you ren't some spy who joined the corp to AWOX a titan, To that end, I'll need you to send me 350 million ISK as a deposit. Spies don't like deposits, real goons have nothing to fear.

When you do that, I'll push you through and attach my name to yours to join the corp.

Re: Re: forum
Sent: 2012.05.12 02:50

spam charge removed

Re: forum
Sent: 2012.05.12 02:31
To: Kolak Yeva,

I'll need a full API (Key ID + Verification Code). If you just joined the forums they won't let you in immediately without a sponsor.

Generate one here, https://support.eveonline.com/api/Key/CreatePredefined/268435455/

And disable your CSPA Spam Charge.

forum
Sent: 2012.05.12 00:37

i got denied but i think that was before i joined the forums

from the forum
Sent: 2012.05.12 00:36

help me out?

i want in

quote:

[ 2012.05.12 03:09:22 ] Kolak Yeva > i dont have that kinda ISK atm my man
[ 2012.05.12 03:09:27 ] Ramrod MeatMissile > Hey man, you're in the system but I'm waiting on your deposit to click the big red button.
[ 2012.05.12 03:10:17 ] Ramrod MeatMissile > I think you do. And when you come out here you can make it back in a day ratting with drops like Crystal Epsilon

[ 2012.05.12 03:10:38 ] Ramrod MeatMissile > I paid my sub for a month with one of those when it dropped from a dread guristas rat.
[ 2012.05.12 03:11:25 ] Ramrod MeatMissile > You send me your deposit, I'll push you through myself, then you can apply and get your stuff together to podjump down.
[ 2012.05.12 03:11:59 ] Kolak Yeva > Then why does the site say we will not ask for ISk>?\
[ 2012.05.12 03:12:04 ] Ramrod MeatMissile > Otherwise, you can try your luck posting for random people in the forums who will probably be way less compassionate and ready to help you.
[ 2012.05.12 03:12:41 ] Ramrod MeatMissile > Because goonfleet.com is a deprecated domain from back with the war with BoB. I put your information in on goonfleet.net
[ 2012.05.12 03:13:33 ] Kolak Yeva > so i give you the cash and then how long till im in?
[ 2012.05.12 03:14:03 ] Ramrod MeatMissile > This will literally take me 5 seconds but the time is now, because I have to go to an op in a minute here.
[ 2012.05.12 03:15:19 ] Ramrod MeatMissile > Well?
[ 2012.05.12 03:16:27 ] Kolak Yeva > aight. i am trusting you
[ 2012.05.12 03:16:51 ] Kolak Yeva > so dont i need a sponcer code from you
[ 2012.05.12 03:17:16 ] Ramrod MeatMissile > Yup
[ 2012.05.12 03:17:28 ] Ramrod MeatMissile > Well, I've already put you in
[ 2012.05.12 03:17:32 ] Ramrod MeatMissile > Your application ID is 63e480d0ebc2b27d
[ 2012.05.12 03:17:41 ] Ramrod MeatMissile > But again, I need your deposit
[ 2012.05.12 03:18:52 ] Ramrod MeatMissile > Please hurry. I do have to get going here.
[ 2012.05.12 03:18:57 ] Kolak Yeva > there u go (Editor's Note: he sends me 3.5 million here)
[ 2012.05.12 03:19:05 ] Kolak Yeva > so am i a sucker lol (Editor's Note: he sends me 35 million more here)
[ 2012.05.12 03:19:12 ] Ramrod MeatMissile > that's 3.5 million you sent
[ 2012.05.12 03:19:36 ] Ramrod MeatMissile > that's 35 million for a total of 38.5
[ 2012.05.12 03:19:43 ] Ramrod MeatMissile > send the 350 and i will send you your 38.5 back (Editor's Note: he sends me 385 million more here)
[ 2012.05.12 03:20:01 ] Kolak Yeva > there ya go.. lol 0 isk left
[ 2012.05.12 03:20:11 ] Kolak Yeva > that one guy sucked me dry on the 500
[ 2012.05.12 03:20:58 ] Ramrod MeatMissile > Well, that's a shame. We'll be getting back to you in a day or so, but go ahead and apply in-game now
[ 2012.05.12 03:21:01 ] Kolak Yeva > i sent you a total of 4 something without paying attention
[ 2012.05.12 03:22:05 ] Ramrod MeatMissile > Gotta get onto that op now. Add me to your contacts, I'll let you know when I have an update for you.
Total: 424,011,959.32 ISK

He now has Literally Zero Space Dollars to his name, and a few ships I don't care about. I think we're done here.

I just... I don't understand :cripes:

Lprsti99 fucked around with this message at 06:01 on May 12, 2012

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Lprsti99 posted:

I just... I don't understand :cripes:

Hey, that's not the wallet inspector...

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011
An accomplice and I just took a different guy for his 1.2 billion ISK ship, the only thing he had to his name. I'm a bad person.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I'd be very interested in seeing the intersection of Ron Paul fans and people who have been scammed to poverty in EVE.

Delamore
Jan 11, 2008

Monocle Man

1stGear posted:

All this EVE chat has reminded me of a time when a goon actually helped pubbies (by loving other pubbies).

When it launched, Global Agenda was a subscription MMO that was kind of like lovely version of Team Fortress 2 and EVE mashed together. Most of the game was round-based class-centric third-person shooting on depressingly few maps. The "end-game" was a territory control meta-game: there were six or so hex maps that would unlock for a few hours a day on a set cycle. Guilds, or "agencies" as GA called them, could bid on hexes to take control of them. If two agencies both bid on a hex, or an agency bid on a hex a different agency owned, there would be a fight between two teams and the winner would get the hex. The overall goal was to gain control of a few specific hexes on the map that would give you a steady supply of a mineral. Collect enough of the mineral (which took a few uninterrupted weeks) and you'd win the map. On top of having to fend off rival agencies, you also had to pay upkeep for each hex you owned and taxes on the size of your corp. Hex and corp taxes were collected each day, but money was generated by playing through rounds of the game. As long as you had an active agency, making enough money to cover your expenses was easy.

Naturally, there was a goon agency (cleverly named Goon Agenda) involved in all this. We were on the map named Sovereign and by the time I joined we had taken control of a good chunk of Sovereign and were on track to win it. This was cool because GA was a new game and no one had won a map yet. Unfortunately, we were unlikely to be the first. A different alliance of agencies named EPIC iirc had claimed all but a few hexes of their map and would almost certainly win long before we did, earning the extra glory that was being the first alliance to win the game.

Enter Delamore. Delamore was a goon that looooooved to scam the pubbie agencies. I'm not certain how much of the game Delamore actually played. Most of the time I saw him in-game, he was actually in different agencies robbing them blind before returning to Goon Agenda and depositing his ill-gotten gains in our bank. It was a nice little extra stream of income and equipment we could use in hex fights. Typically, Delamore would contact the target guild, and sweet-talk them, talking about how lovely the goons were and how he could bring some money and gear over. Occasionally, he would pull other goons into the Vent or party chat, so we could back up his story and mention how we'd like to come over too. Obviously, the story ends in empty banks and pubbie tears and Delamore's antics were of great amusement to the rest of Goon Agenda and the source of plenty of angry forum posts.

Then, one fine day, Delamore contacted an agency that was part of EPIC. Whoever he talked to was a grade-A sucker that entirely bought Delamore's story. Delamore was brought into the alliance and given full bank access for the entire alliance. This was the combined assets of multiple agencies and a couple hundred players, with the motherload being 13,000,000 dollars, all of the alliance's money. Delamore immediately swiped everything and as fate would have it, Sovereign map opened shortly after. Delamore immediately bid every penny of thirteen million on a useless hex at the rear end-end of nowhere. The bid went through and EPIC's bank emptied.

And then, literally minutes later, taxes came due. As a large alliance and the rulers of an entire map, EPIC's expenses were quite high and they didn't have a red cent to pay them. EPIC's map, once the solid red of a single alliance, immediately went a blank, neutral white.

Delamore lingered in EPIC for a few more minutes to record the panic, confusion, and blame game that started as an alliance on track to win lost everything. EPIC tore itself apart hours later and their map became a complete disaster of tens of competing agencies. The forum rage was beautiful.

Of course, the real grief is that apathy pretty much consumed Goon Agenda shortly after and we fell apart as well. :v:

After reading this I dug up some screenshots from Global Agenda.

Warlord hex map, the red being the EMP alliance

Taxes hitting the 300+ player alliance

Moments later

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Delamore posted:

After reading this I dug up some screenshots from Global Agenda.

Haha, holy poo poo. "You really hosed with the wrong hackers" Did they ban you from the Internet, Delamore?

Dr Mantis Toboggan
Feb 22, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Dauntasa posted:

Haha, holy poo poo. "You really hosed with the wrong hackers" Did they ban you from the Internet, Delamore?

How do we know that the real Delamore is still in control of his account? This could be some kind of ultra hacker honeypot. :tinfoil:

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

RiZIA posted:

ban perm you know cause it stats when you sign up in small print theft in and out of game is crime players that do so will be banned and the other mistake man i right review on games and high just happened to ask my company during closed beta to test it y

:staredog:

Oppenheimer
Dec 26, 2011

by Smythe
I love you goonfleet
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3484409&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

KimJongUnstoppable
Sep 18, 2010

Juche Lyfe 4 Ever!

I just came here to post that.

I hope this ends in the same fashion as that guy who signed up to try to join Something Lawful recently.

Goon hospitality is the best hospitality, after all, so I'm sure he'll be welcomed with open arms and given all of our secret space rocks. Or something.

FuzzyPickles
Jun 7, 2004

Wow! Two within an hour!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3484416&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I love how it goes from smug "no one escapes justice!" deal to "and this is all my master plan because I threw my vast fortune of THIRTY ENGLISH POUNDS at them!"

KimJongUnstoppable
Sep 18, 2010

Juche Lyfe 4 Ever!

The first guy was a smug gently caress and it wasn't all that entertaining, I almost thought he was trolling. This guy, my god, this guy.

Radien Zandos posted:

so i dont have a chance to get recruit ?

All signs point to no, buddy.

My favorite part was this:

radioactivemongoose posted:

I hope you didn't pay a recruitment fee ahahaha.

Radien Zandos posted:

haha ok just 10 bucks :P heard this forum is pretty good so it still worth it i guess XD

...not long before Lowtax came down from his ivory tower and banned the guy.

Today was a good day.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Oh god it's the Delamore scam.

I remember the good old days - forming Team Robosexual (ten robotics players) and hanging off the side of the map hoping the enemy team wouldn't see us.

Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009
Is team robosexual the source of all those robo-love avatars that started appearing one day?

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

That came from some gbs choose your own adventure thing if I remember correctly

Astro Ambulance
Dec 25, 2008

Agean90 posted:

Yep it's this.

FuzzyPickles
Jun 7, 2004

This quote encapsulates my feelings on EVE scams.

Cardinal Ximenez posted:

How does everyone they attract end up thinking this massive forum filled with a zillion subcategories and mostly non-MMO stuff is just a guild?

Miijhal
Jul 10, 2011

I am so tired... I am so tired all the time...

Zaodai posted:

I love how it goes from smug "no one escapes justice!" deal to "and this is all my master plan because I threw my vast fortune of THIRTY ENGLISH POUNDS at them!"

I'm personally fond of they fact that they attempted to blackmail him but forgot the demands.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Miijhal posted:

I'm personally fond of they fact that they attempted to blackmail him but forgot the demands.

Presumably they want the 30 pounds from him as well.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Hi-Rez, GA's developers, never commented on scamming or other goon hijinx. There seemed to be a certain sense that they wanted their game to be EVE Online-lite, with lots of scamming and politicking and such.

Too bad it was sorta poo poo at launch!

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Agean90 posted:

Anyone still have the link to this? I remember reading a space mining CYOA with mutants but lost track of it for some reason.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
I've always wanted to scam people in online games, I hope in GW2 we get to scam guilds out of their hard earned gold.

bucketmouse posted:

On a non-eve note, anyone remember Activeworlds?
A while back in the early 2000s we had a goon presence in the game. Most of the game was a ghost town so trying to grief was very difficult since nobody would be around to see it. One fun thing was when they added the move commands to the game. Every object could have a script added to it, the move command would move the object anywhere you wanted in the world as long as somebody was close enough to activate it. Normally you can not place your objects near another person's object, but the move command ignored this so you could cover somebody else's building in whatever the hell you felt like and they could not do anything about it.

I wish I still had some of the old locations in game so I could look at what goons were making 10 years ago.

Something else funny, Active Worlds still exists but they have completely ignored every other virtual world and keep on moving with their pre-2000 technology. It's still kind of fun to pick a random location and see what somebody built 10 years ago.

Edit: If you have griefed yourself and installed Active Worlds teleport to world: AWTeen Coords: 2679N 1319W to see the goon WTC tribute from July 20th 2002. You'll get some lovely MIDI music to go along with it.

Yaos fucked around with this message at 00:53 on May 13, 2012

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Sweet, sweet griefing thread you have given me so many laughs and now I need to ask you a question. What is the easiest game to grief? How do I harvest the maximum amount rage tears in the mimimum time possible?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Goofballs posted:

Sweet, sweet griefing thread you have given me so many laughs and now I need to ask you a question. What is the easiest game to grief? How do I harvest the maximum amount rage tears in the mimimum time possible?
From what I've gathered, League of Legends.

Step one: Join match.

Step two: Do anything at all.

Congrats, somebody is pissed off at you!

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
DOTA's a close second, which makes sense since they're both the same genre

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Zereth posted:

Amusingly I asked in the League of Legends thread if it was easily griefable and they responded poorly. I play a lot of APB and that is a griefy game but its hard. Bloodline Champions was hard to grief even when I just hung out at spawn no one said anything

Rixen
Feb 18, 2005

Have you had your Reich today?
Heroes of Newerth actually won an award for how bad their community is, so if you're looking to grief a free MOBA game, there you go.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Miijhal posted:

Actually, it's because the mail system in GA cuts you off after a certain number of characters but doesn't bother to tell you this when you're sending your mails.

When I did that hexgame mode I would regularly get super mad mails from agency leaders which were always just about getting to the good part when they would cut off. I'd always send back something like "sorry, what was the second half of your message? couldn't read that" and end up on ignore.

Goons did a lot of griefing in GA. A lot.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Rixen posted:

Heroes of Newerth actually won an award for how bad their community is, so if you're looking to grief a free MOBA game, there you go.

I will give it a shot. I would try dota but I hear you have to own Diablo 3 to play that.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

Rixen posted:

The president/CEO of S2 Games (creators of HoN) has banned people with the reason "stupid friend of the family" for killing him in a match, in addition to much worse on a daily basis.

Not to mention the whole "using developer commands to win games" while on an alt

..and calling people faggots and banning them if they buy a certain "overpowered" item

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110

Zereth posted:

One of my friends occasionally gets bored and joins League of Legends matches.

Then does nothing.

You don't even have to do anything at all to piss people off :v:

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Biowarfare posted:

The president/CEO of S2 Games (creators of HoN) has banned people with the reason "stupid friend of the family" for killing him in a match, in addition to much worse on a daily basis.

Not to mention the whole "using developer commands to win games" while on an alt

..and calling people faggots and banning them if they buy a certain "overpowered" item
Is there a place where I can read all about this because that sounds hilarious but probably not for the reasons he intended.

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.

Vib Rib posted:

Is there a place where I can read all about this because that sounds hilarious but probably not for the reasons he intended.

I dug up this: http://dbzer0.com/blog/the-s2-games-ceo-is-a-blatant-racist

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
Have a chatlog while you're at it

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

lol posted:

You really need to take a second and calm down about this. I know plenty of people that use racial slurs as profanity when they're truly furious, that doesn't mean they're racist or they promote a racist agenda.
It's totally normal to scream racist poo poo when you're mad at a video game.

quote:

Well said Larro ! All people on earth are the same race HUMAN . To be a racist one would have to make slurs against Neanderthals,or the French LOL !
Oh god I gotta stop reading these. Help help I am being griefed.

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

mcvey posted:

It's totally normal to scream racist poo poo when you're mad at a video game.

Oh god I gotta stop reading these.
hell, your average console gamer uses it in lieu of the more common "hello"

Rixen
Feb 18, 2005

Have you had your Reich today?
You guys bagged another one, and I'm pretty sure it's the same guy you just scammed several hundred million Isk out of

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3484183

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Rixen posted:

You guys bagged another one, and I'm pretty sure it's the same guy you just scammed several hundred million Isk out of

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3484183

I just don't understand how this happens. You would think they would read the thread for instructions on how to join instead of wasting 10 dollars because they have to be in RIGHT THIS INSTANT.

e: I forgot, was the j4g for APB last month or this one? Cause there's been like 5 in just this month. :psyduck:

Roobanguy fucked around with this message at 05:26 on May 13, 2012

• Locked thread