Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

hatesfreedom posted:

I could have really liked a DLC called John goes a farming. It's just about herding, and buying cattle, horses, and supplies. Then you have to sell them all, make a profit, and find a wife. There's even some pets. Two gun fights.

Best game I've played since 2010. Skyrim came close, but it won't beat the ride into Mexico that first time.

Excuse me, but Mr. John Marston already has a wife. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

CzarChasm posted:

Excuse me, but Mr. John Marston already has a wife. :colbert:

This reminds me of why I love playing multiplayer as Dutch, hearing him say "Go back to your WHORE wife!"

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Slappy Moose posted:

Even if we did get a port, judging from Rockstar's PC version of GTA4 it would be a laggy, awful mess.

If it was ported in 2008 you would be right. I've never had any major issues with EFLC at all though since first install.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Scarf posted:

This reminds me of why I love playing multiplayer as Dutch, hearing him say "Go back to your WHORE wife!"

I only ever play multiplayer as that insane French whore who just screams at everything.

YOU LIKE THIS?!?! AAUGHAUUAUGH!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Holy gently caress...

I just realized.

I shoot people in the face from way far away.

I sneak around and kill people without alerting em I am there.

I hunt wildlife.

I collect herbs.

I ride horses.

I go to stores to buy and upgrade weaponry.

RDR is Skyrim for people who like Westerns.

:psyduck:

Bears are way more god damned terrifying in RDR though, regardless of the fact you have actual guns. Cougars too.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Holy gently caress...

I just realized.

I hunt wildlife.

I collect herbs.

I ride horses.

RDR is Skyrim for people who like Westerns.

Bears are way more god damned terrifying in RDR though, regardless of the fact you have actual guns. Cougars too.

gently caress you, now I want dragons in RDR.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Fuzz posted:

gently caress you, now I want dragons in RDR.

I just wanted non-zombie single player DLC. :(

I hate zombie poo poo, but love RDR. So conflicted.

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Remember that one time you totally botched that snap?

Holy gently caress...

I just realized.

I hunt wildlife.

I collect herbs.

I ride horses.

RDR is SkyrimMetal Gear Solid 3 for people who like Westerns.

Fixed that for you.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Athanatos posted:

I just wanted non-zombie single player DLC. :(

I hate zombie poo poo, but love RDR. So conflicted.

If it makes you feel any better about it, the DLC is amazing.

It's sorta like RDR and Evil dead had a baby.

Also, I love the fact the zombies only get killed with headshots. Makes the game a lot harder when you actually have to aim.

One of my favorite moments in this game, not DLC related, is still when I was being chased by 2 bears down that mountain path that goes next to the river. I hauled rear end down the path, across the god damned railroad tracks and STILL had 2 smokies on my rear end.

I finally was hauling rear end into the nearby plains area (this, again, is ALL ON FOOT) and was hauling rear end towards blackwater, when I ran past some indians at camp. They decided the BEST THING TO DO in that situation was to shoot at me, but they hit the bears instead. The bears did not like that, and proceeded to kill all 4 of them while I was stopped and laughed, and then ran my rear end back to Blackwater cause gently caress bears.

Bears are god damned mean in this game. I didn't even shoot at them in the woods, one just started running at me. He killed my horse, and while I was running away the other one just saw it and decided "HEY! FAST FOOD :haw: " and the chase was on.

ExplodingSquidx2
Oct 20, 2010

That's a DAMN fine cup of coffee.
All this talk makes me want to start playing again. I was holding off from the Zombie version but it sounds like it is actually a good game...

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

ExplodingSquidx2 posted:

All this talk makes me want to start playing again. I was holding off from the Zombie version but it sounds like it is actually a good game...

It really is. Just let yourself accept that it's basically a goofy sidestory and before you know it, you'll be actually rather impressed at how well it works as a zombie shooter. Riding your horse through the desert with only a handful of ammo, praying you don't run into anything too nasty is actually surprisingly compelling. They really knocked it out of the park.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 19 days!

Also, I love the fact the zombies only get killed with headshots. Makes the game a lot harder when you actually have to aim.

I love using tomahawks on them. Looove it.

Also love the shotgun powerup you get in the undead overrun mode. Makes shotguns worth a drat.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
I wish they would activate and leave on double or triple XP at this point... I forgot what a grind it can be to level in this game :(

Peas and Rice
Jul 14, 2004

Honor and profit.

Scarf posted:

I wish they would activate and leave on double or triple XP at this point... I forgot what a grind it can be to level in this game :(

Yeah, I'm one and a half more "cycles" through to get my Zonkey, and I couldn't be bothered at this point. I've missed both of the 4x XP weekends because I was on vacation at the time and even 3x XP just seems way too slow.

I realized I'm still missing the "create a posse and get 8 members" achievement from the original game. Would there be any interest in an all-goon XBL posse day in the next couple of weeks?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Peas and Rice posted:

Yeah, I'm one and a half more "cycles" through to get my Zonkey, and I couldn't be bothered at this point. I've missed both of the 4x XP weekends because I was on vacation at the time and even 3x XP just seems way too slow.

I realized I'm still missing the "create a posse and get 8 members" achievement from the original game. Would there be any interest in an all-goon XBL posse day in the next couple of weeks?

I'm totally down. I've been replaying mostly the single player but I would gently caress around with some goons in multiplayer. GT is Doctor Nutt.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

DrNutt posted:

I'm totally down. I've been replaying mostly the single player but I would gently caress around with some goons in multiplayer. GT is Doctor Nutt.

Hell yeah. If I'm not on playing BF3, hit me up. GT: SA 3toes

EDIT: And does anyone know a solution to the bug where you can't access the outfitter? Apparently by selecting one of the "miscellaneous women" as your character it gets bugged.

I even tried starting a private game and going into the outfitter from there. No dice :(

EDIT 2: I may have found a solution from Rockstar. I'll have to try it when I get home in an hour or so.

Scarf fucked around with this message at 20:17 on May 10, 2012

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

MrJacobs posted:

Shooting horses is the best thing in this game outside of dragging people through cacti while on horseback.

Only if you drag them onto the railroad tracks and watch when the train comes by. The red bloody mist is amazing. The train never stops, either. That conductor has no remorse, only a thirst for more bodies on the tracks.

embitca
May 4, 2009

Peas and Rice posted:

Yes, please! I just started fooling around in multi-player and would love to play with some Goons.

GT: jennconn

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
I'll join in on the fun. I've just been procrastinating SSX and Arkham City on the 360 so feel free to invite me even if I'm not playing RDR.

GT: Onimorter

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I'd love a Cowboys and Aliens DLC

embitca
May 4, 2009
A Cowboys and Aliens DLC would be amaaaazing.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

embitca posted:

A Cowboys and Aliens DLC would be amaaaazing.

Considering the length of R*'s typical dev cycle, I'd be happy if RDR never gets a sequel as long as they put out sweet Undead-esque expansions every one or two years.

Really glad I finally started playing the multiplayer, because there is some really great stuff there and it feels incredibly unique.

embitca
May 4, 2009

DrNutt posted:

Considering the length of R*'s typical dev cycle, I'd be happy if RDR never gets a sequel as long as they put out sweet Undead-esque expansions every one or two years.

Really glad I finally started playing the multiplayer, because there is some really great stuff there and it feels incredibly unique.

I just ordered the Undead Expansion :)

It was great playing with you guys last night! I love the multiplayer! Makes me glad my niece bought a copy of the game after I sold mine.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

embitca posted:

I just ordered the Undead Expansion :)

It was great playing with you guys last night! I love the multiplayer! Makes me glad my niece bought a copy of the game after I sold mine.

Likewise. I'm planning on getting some bourbon and playing more this evening for a more authentic Red Dead experience. Tarnation!

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
Ive already unlocked everything I really wanted to unlock in the multiplayer so I won't be going legendary or anything. I just need to jump back in and posse up with some people.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

blackguy32 posted:

Ive already unlocked everything I really wanted to unlock in the multiplayer so I won't be going legendary or anything. I just need to jump back in and posse up with some people.

What's your gt? I'll probably be playing a lot in the next couple days, at least until Max Payne 3 hits.

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

Sent out some GT requests to people listed.

Haven't played this is in about a year but fuucckkkk it was so much fun. GT: doctor 7

I'm usually playing Arkham City of ME3 now but if I'm on invite me.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I have seen the GOTY version for as cheap as 30$.

Worth every penny.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Not sure if this was posted back in February, but apparently RS San Diego started staffing/hiring for a new "open world project."

"Prospective candidates need to the ready for the challenges posed by large scale open worlds with complex AI and physics," and must have "console development experience."

Here's hoping!
:clint::dance::clint:

BrokenCycle
Nov 15, 2004

A Rough Job, But...
Just started playing this game again and played the hour or so I had left to beat it. There's not much to do in this game, but oddly killing wolves can keep me entertained for 2 hours.

Jumping on the top of a train and shooting people is really fun. I think the train only stops if you kill all the passengers.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

BrokenCycle posted:

Jumping on the top of a train and shooting people is really fun. I think the train only stops if you kill all the passengers.

It's more fun to hog-tie people and throw them in front of it.

niff
Jul 4, 2010
if someone sees me on xbox live playing RAGE, invite the hell outta me for some RDR multiplayer action on 360. gt: niffkragoth

edit: i'll teach you fellas how to ride a god-damned stagecoach down a god-damned river

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Scarf posted:

Not sure if this was posted back in February, but apparently RS San Diego started staffing/hiring for a new "open world project."

"Prospective candidates need to the ready for the challenges posed by large scale open worlds with complex AI and physics," and must have "console development experience."

Here's hoping!
:clint::dance::clint:
Red Dead Revolution. :dance:

MissileWaster
Jul 2, 2007

Remember that one time you totally botched that snap?
I just finished up Undead Nightmare and got the last few things for 100%, might start playing some online soon, I've never actually tried it.

niff
Jul 4, 2010

MissileWaster posted:

I just finished up Undead Nightmare and got the last few things for 100%, might start playing some online soon, I've never actually tried it.

the multiplayer, with friends/goons/microphones, is a thing of beauty. the community isn't even THAT bad.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

There's been some renewed interest in RDR over in the PS3 Games Discussion thread, one ultra topical goon hasn't even played it yet and was asking about the MP trophies. If anyone's still playing on PS3, maybe we can get something going.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

titties posted:

There's been some renewed interest in RDR over in the PS3 Games Discussion thread, one ultra topical goon hasn't even played it yet and was asking about the MP trophies. If anyone's still playing on PS3, maybe we can get something going.

I'm happy to join up if someone needs some specific trophies and just wants to futz around. I get bored quickly grinding a hideout for levels though. Co-op missions are the best.
psn: davebo

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

DrNutt posted:

I'd like to do this someday, GT is Doctor Butts

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Doctor Butts posted:

I'd like to do this someday, GT is Doctor Butts

Even if that weren't the case, I feel obligated to send you a friend request now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

davebo posted:

I'm happy to join up if someone needs some specific trophies and just wants to futz around. I get bored quickly grinding a hideout for levels though. Co-op missions are the best.
psn: davebo

I am also in on this, PSN: DangerKat5000

I should have a lot of free time this weekend (not very typical!), too.

• Locked thread